Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
#4073092 - 02/03/15 09:21 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: Ssnake]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Ssnake
I was about to say. It's an unusual approach to a well-worn topic, and it allows us uninformed readers to glimpse a bit at some of the complexities that otherwise get lost in das yellin' an' screamin' an' bombsgedroppen.

If I'm not wrong there was some Cumsgespurten auch. rofl

And thanks, really. smile

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4073102 - 02/03/15 10:38 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: komemiute
AHAHHAHAHA.
Ehrm... let's say in a sort of way, yes. wink
I feel a whole lot of worse, thank you. biggrin

Well, you're doing better than the:
Quote:
FIRST
(and Last)
Quote:
GALACTIC! EMPIRE!!

Learn from his example.
Keep a very close eye on you're most "Trusted" lieutenants.
lightsabers

And put rebellions down with a ruthless efficency.
While keeping the sheep/people "Fat, Dumb and Happy."

Originally Posted By: Ssnake
I was about to say. It's an unusual approach to a well-worn topic, and it allows us uninformed readers to glimpse a bit at some of the complexities that otherwise get lost in das yellin' an' screamin' an' bombsgedroppen.

Bombsgedroppen.... LOL

Indeed, I like the "Duce, we have....."
Again, mainly because of the silly voices I imagine when reading these updates.

Maybe I need to get out more?
winkngrin

Last edited by Comrade_Hedgehog; 02/03/15 10:48 AM.

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4073133 - 02/03/15 01:06 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
SSnakeyes and komemiute, you remember those from Parabellums AAR !

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4073146 - 02/03/15 01:34 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

smile Sure thing!

If it wasn't for Para I wouldn't be doing this.

salute

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4073437 - 02/03/15 10:48 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
theKhan Offline
resident pacifist (sic)
theKhan  Offline
resident pacifist (sic)

Canada
I just caught up on your AAR and really enjoyed it. I don't think its mundane at all. Its a lot of oooh what happens next??

I used to work for a living, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
#4073447 - 02/03/15 11:31 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Thank you all guys. It's refreshing and inspiring to have aggravated interested so many viewers in such a short time with such an unusual AAR.

*bow*

Thank you all so very much.

My only gripe is the little time I can devote to this, which is clearly obvious by the simpleton reports (just a bunch of screengrabs really), and none of the finesse from ParaBellum or Heinkill or the plain amazing foolishness (in the good way) of DrZebra, just to name a few that gets the job done right.

Two kids, buying a house, and many more smaller issues are quite the limiting factors. :P

Nevertheless I enjoy doing it and my main concern is actually the lack of proper goal I set for myself-
I'm just playing "smart", with a limited knowledge of the game (I'm sort of catching up, but I can only seem to fix problems I had "yesterday")...

And still I'm having fun. smile
Sit tight, take a hot beverage along and stay with me- we're going to see some World War from a rarely seen POV before!

crew

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4073450 - 02/03/15 11:49 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Keep going, I've been following this for quite a while now and always look forward to the next part. smile Just build up and I hope you really don't end up as dolce after Poland and France...

The development in China is certainly intriguing. I wonder how things will turn out now in the Pacific and East Asia. I bet alarm bells are ringing in Downing Str. 10 now. Probably also in Washington.

Unfortunately I suck at this game myself...but I remember one round in which Republican Spain won the civil war, albeit that was in HOI II. That's part of it which makes this series so fascinating.

#4073451 - 02/03/15 11:58 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

@ Purolator: I wholeheartedly agree with your entire post! The last sentence REALLY holds what makes this game SO intriguing. thumbsup

Also- as I'm going through the screenshots as of now, for resizing and optimizing- you ARE quite right about another thing! biggrin Good shot there. Let's see if I manage to upload everything before going to bed!

Next part is quite intense and really foreboding...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4073466 - 02/04/15 12:48 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Oooooohhhhhhhh ..... foreboding.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4073476 - 02/04/15 01:26 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

It doesn't start well- just for a change...
Apparently there's a spy bothering the research process. Who- and why?

Ah! Yugoslavia. Is that because of that closer-to-you-rather-than-me piece of land that I claimed my own?!? Aww, c'mon- take this jar and let's be friends again...

What's in the jar? Your spy, you sordid rat.

Research for the Nation are a bit sparse this time- I needed to devote a little more precious resources to strengthen our military- We lack practical experience, let's make up for it with training and advanced equipment!

But still I've put my Civil Engineer hard at work to improve those Infrastructures and as you may (or may not) see these are the result.

Slowly the darker areas are turning brighter (dark red, red, orange, yellow, light green, emerald green)...

I don't quite understand why it would take a year to increase Infrastructure a tick- independently from the region, that's my gripe- but overall it's nothing game-breaking.

For the warmongers Great Nation's Leaders we manage to tick some more checkboxes...

Remember, Medium Tanks are going to be the Spearhead of my Mechanized Infantry-

Some more Organization to allow for a faster follow-up attack...

And some more pressing Encirclement Doctrine (Good call, Doc! you'll see later...)

*SIGH* Guess what, Horn of Africa is not quite that peaceful little corner of hellish desert as it may have appeared earlier...

Down on it again-

As it can be seen the Army Group on the right side doesn't just march to War- they reach it by train! biggrin Choo-Choo Motherfu---rs!
Ehrm, sorry.

I do that in the eventuality that the Direct Action group from the South can't reach them before the Uprising move north-
An unfounded fear as Direct Action catches up immediately- and it doesn't look egregious...

The little number (39) in the yellow circle it's a rough percentage factor that tells me my Victory Rating- Not good, right?
Well, since there's a river on my way- that counts as an Attack while also crossing a river- yep... big negative Malus for my troops...
That way I have to re-route the Army Group to directly be dispatched to the front-

Here the breakdown of my Bonus-Malus can be observed...

In complete truth every Division has its own, but they differ very little so...

In any case there's quite the troops fighting 15k vs 9k- how the new toys will perform?

Apparently very well as after little more than a week worth of fighting the situation is normalized with little losses...

Note here on the left-side, between the portrait of my Commander and the enemy one, that my troops are Encircling the enemy.

Good to know that the doctrines of war are being used! On other news, the East Army Group still can't join after the trip- Train sickness?!
Develop Barf Bags NOW!

On the Assault!

Situation looks better- and the enemy has lots of problems apparently- lack of a CIC is not a small one...

Two more days and the enemy is crumbling like dried crackers... Twenty thousand more troops shooting at their backs have a factor in it, perhaps?

Almost there, give Papa a victory for Natale, will you?
Another Assault should do it...

There!

AAR in the AAR:
On a strictly numeric POV, we lost more troops on this revolt than the previous one- But let's not forget that this time our forces attacked nearly with a week of separation. The initial thrust was also through a river, and nonetheless the troop held fast and performed admirably.

All in all I'm quite happy!

What could have helped are those fighters and bomber up there, fiddling with their own thumbs...

Guess I have to build a new Aerodrome in Addis Abeba and transfer them there...

The Revolt risk map gives out a pretty hot area, still- (Green good / Red my colonized regions)

What to do?

On the Political side:
I'm improving the speed of my Allies-ation!

That mainly thanks to the grooming of the "good" nations I choose to trade with and denying the goods to the "bad" ones.

Outside the Italian borders Belgium seeks help and brotherhood in the Allies. Smart move- guess is trying to do the same?

This is related I think- cool, and scary.

Everyone is really acting up...

If anything can be said about Japanese, is that they have some sort of courage!

I mean, you force me arm behind my back so I don't squeeze out of the Axis and into the Allied pan, and you have the guts to ask me for Supplies?
Or was that a... Supplise joke? *Ba-dum, tchisssss*

Purolator hit the Nail right on the Head two posts up- Look here

Heh, anything else you want to think out loud, please do!

This is the reason...

A whole lot of good info relegated in a corner of the screen, hard to see and read.
Such a shame- this box contains more info any strategist could hope for and yet still it's belittled and hidden! Odd...

But then this happens- a proper choice based on History. Annexation of Albania.

Cool ,didn't know that.

But what it means REALLY? This-

I'll explain as it can be a bit confusing- it was for me, at least.
Should I press that check-sign I'd proceed as History as issue an Annexation Statement towards Albania. Which immediately translates in a big hit to neutrality (DUH!) and a shift of the Political Axis of interested factions. Then there's the chance that the Albanian leader refuses, putting me in a tight spot. I didn't do it- it doesn't work at all with the principles I've been upholding so far- but saved and went on for the show. Tomorrow I'll reload the pre-click state and go on my road.

A little show for all my fan! wink

And in fact King Zog- wait Zog? Erhm, cool name... let's go on- decides to laugh to my face and reject my Annexation.
Declaring war would save my face (no internal dissent) and boost the Fascist Party, Accepting their will is a bit more humbling but Internationally speaking better overall.

Still the only winning move, as they say, is not to play.
G'nite and good luck. wink

Last edited by komemiute; 02/04/15 01:40 AM. Reason: WOW; VERY TYPOS; MUCH ERRORS

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4073603 - 02/04/15 09:29 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
"Duce! We have Crushed the rebellion with several swift strokes."
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."
"Wait! Wha?...Akk!!"
"You allowed the Rebellion to happen in the first place! You!"
"Yes! Duce!!"
"Take a detachment of ships and ensure this never happens again. You are in charge now, Admiral."
"Thank you, Duce!"

"Why is Lord Vader...er, Duce, making him an Admiral? He's a ground pounder."
"He's a Space Wizard, just don't question it. Though He's f**king idiot sometimes." (Darth Vader, not komemiute)
"You were saying?"
"Nothing Lord Vader, er, Duce!!! Nothing at all!"
"Good."

Truoble with being a tyrant, no one likes to give you "Constructive Criticism".
smile

Anyway, Back on topic.
Keep it up!

Last edited by Comrade_Hedgehog; 02/04/15 09:31 AM.

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
#4074143 - 02/05/15 03:48 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Cold_Gambler Offline
Cold_Gambler  Offline

Thanks for the update!

looks very modernishy-phoney-windows eighty-tabletty like

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 // i5 2500k @4.3 GHz with Noctua NH-D14 // nvidia gtx 780 // 8 GB DDR3 1600 //Win7 home 64 bit //450 GB VelociRaptor //Recon3D Champion
#4074500 - 02/06/15 11:56 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Good read. Looks like things are warming up.

yep

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4074503 - 02/06/15 12:01 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Heh, I got half a session to "debrief" yet and
indeed it's getting there...
Let's hope tonight I can scrape some time.

@Comrade: LOL, you crack me up! I honestly hear Kerbals while playing... thank you wink

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4074844 - 02/06/15 09:52 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Little time to play- but something important moves. Terribly important.

Ok, as I said before- Initial Situation. I didn't send Albania an Ultimatum for Annexation.

National progress...

Time to push again for production...

Military advancements...

And this, is the big one.

Mobilization in game is the last step to prepare for War.
It means that all the divisions that are kept (IIRC) at 30% strength, now are in full readiness state.
It ain't an immediate process though- it takes a month.

Good luck Poland. You'll need it.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4074881 - 02/06/15 10:32 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Onwards, with the incremento dell'efficienza before the lancio of the bombe on the truppas de pixelli will commence.

Meh. Doesn't have the same vibe. But then again, we're talking about Italy. Being not very good at war is ... simpatico. wink

#4074907 - 02/06/15 11:30 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

XD

You just won Italian Citizenship. Since you're Italian now you're part of my Truppixel d'Assalto.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4075352 - 02/07/15 11:46 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

This is an interesting one- follow closely...

Our nation gets smarter and more skilled.

The military improvements just will not stop- not now.
Now I can start thinking about the CAS planes I need to support my Mechanized Infantry- Figo.

Still advancements in airplanes Craftsmanship.Bene.

Our future Mechanized Infantry thanks...

Bravi i nostri quattrocchi.

Aaaaand it's that time of the year- again (tm)
Yes, apparently these people are not happy-

Win their minds? Enough of that. Enter the Airforce.
Red arrow indicates my Airfield. The Green one the short-ish attack run. The blue one the enemy advance...
In the past months my researches were aimed elsewhere but still there was love for the Flyboys. Will they perform?
At least I managed to wake them up and remove their hands from their pockets and unto their planes controls-
Buona Fortuna

Oh. After a few sortie the managed to inflict roughly two hundreds casualties. (9000 - 8846 = nearly 200)

But will it last?

A simple breakdown of the bonuses (and maluses) my ragazzi enjoy. All in all- not bad.

All the while the Truppixel d'Assalto are moving to engage the front. Via train. Lucky guys. wink

At the end of Day-One the tally has been raised to nearly five hundred casualties. Onward.

Conditions improve- weather and daylight.

Halfway through the second day it seems to slow down- I'll sit back and ease off these guys back- Maybe I'm too pedantic.

Wow. After just three days of "Just go and do your stuff- I trust you, I'm not even looking" the pressure increase dramatically.
One thousand and four hundred casualties.

Three hundreds more by the last sortie.

Two more days and the uprising militamen lost a quarter of their total strength against- lemme check.
Uhm. Double check. Oh. No losses, damage or even bruised pilot/scratched paint on planes. Not that I expected the milita to be a worrisome enemy but still...

Grunts gets closer. I can't stop the image of these guys singing and eating on their train- convinced that by the time they are there, war is over. Ah, the Jovial Italian spirit. smile

Even if pounded HARD from above, there's hardly anything that keeps these insurgents from crossing the border with the nearby region.
I reassign the Squadrons for the new targets.

Two days after the last check and a whopping third of their forces simply vanished. I shouldn't, but I like it. ALLOT!

Mercilessly it goes on, grinding them down.

And when finally the Choo-Choo of Death reaches the front...

They. Simply. Run.
Yes in the same hour they attack and flee the battlefield. Amazingly, still no losses so far.

Insurgents are at nearly half their initial numbers.

On the Political side there's the good...

More nations reinforcing the Allies

The not so good...

Nations acting (rightfully) scared...

Neutral doesn't mean toothless- Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

And the ugly...
The first nation to fall to under the Nazist steel heel.

Not out of the picture yet, but let's be realists...

-Dun Dun Duuuuun-

That's it Ladies and Gentlemen, Poland has been officially invaded- erhm liberated? Being exported Nazism?? Democratically Challenged?!?

The speed of advance is deafening.

Anyway, this is my actual political position- Not quite but almost halfway to the Allies.

And this my most endangered border- It looks so puny. At least there are no Enemies at the gates...

Last edited by komemiute; 02/07/15 11:54 PM. Reason: Ty-ty-typos

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4075684 - 02/08/15 09:52 PM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

This will be a little different:
Some sort of silent, grim show, for the German efficiency.

Overall look before the game session starts- I've never shown my settings.
May the twelfth.

June the fifth. Luxembourg gone- Netherlands was to follow.

June the Sixth
Little left of Poland- Netherlands eaten away.

A short lived, Pyrric victory.

June the Seventeenth- Poland is an empty shell.

June the Nineteenth- Poland falls...

With Germany and Russia splitting its spoils. The latter "embrace" its neighbors.

*Silence*

June the Twenty second- Benelux nearly vanished.

July, Fourth- A little precious Belgian region divides the Hun Hordes from France...

Retreat of Dunkirk- almost an year early.

March towards Paris.

-Continues-

Last edited by komemiute; 02/08/15 09:56 PM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#4075856 - 02/09/15 09:27 AM Re: Italy at war - The alternate history of WWII [Re: komemiute]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline

The Sticks, England.
Originally Posted By: komemiute
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

XD

You just won Italian Citizenship. Since you're Italian now you're part of my Truppixel d'Assalto.

Put Ssnake in the Tank Corps, as a Zug OberFuhrer. :P

"Duce! The Rebels have struck again!"
"Oh for <censored> <censored> <censored> sake! Get the crews to their fighters, we'll destroy them ship to ground, there'll be no one to stop us this time! And send a detachement of men to make sure they get the <censored> hint this time!"
"At once! Duce!"
<5 mins later>
"Duce! The rebels have surrendered!"
"Discuss with their leader the location of their rebel base."
"Duce!"

But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.