Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33
#4071167 - 01/29/15 02:03 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!

HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4071173 - 01/29/15 02:07 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: MFair
Originally Posted By: Raine
MFair, that saloon is brilliant! I'd just want to sit there all day with a shotgun saying things like "Keep movin' stranger, if'n ye know what's good fer ye."

Raine and Humandrone,if you look closer at the picture there is a double barrel 12 gauge sitting next to me. I have been known to act a bit like Yosemite Sam after too many drinks but that was some time ago. Now it's more like " Grandpa" on " The Real McCoys".

I noticed the "coach gun" as I call it. Does it have side hammers or is it a box lock?

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4071197 - 01/29/15 02:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4071250 - 01/29/15 03:58 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
HA! I feel like Grandpa McCoy after a hard day's work, that's for sure. We sit out on our swing before we head in, and by the time I get up I've stiffened up so bad, and so many times I've fetched my arms up the way he used to and imitated him, "Well, little Luke, I guess we'd best be headin' in - if I could just get this pitchfork outta my ***!"

I don't know where you're located, but any more, with coyotes and bigger cats making a comeback, it's probably a good idea to keep a shotgun handy, maybe even just like the old West, in your saddle! Criminee, I'm in an area that's not really rural, patches of woods and housing plans, and we have coyotes here!

HumanDrone,coyotes we have plenty of. You can sit on the porch and here their song every night. Black bears are making a comeback. You hear rumors of big cats but no proof. Located in the deep south USA. as for keeping a 6 shooter in the saddle, you can shoot off 4 of my 5 mounts. If you have ever tried Cowboy Mounted Shooting it is a rush! FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once!

FYI, you can shoot off of any horse......Once! biggrin

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4071278 - 01/29/15 04:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-à-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.

Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4071327 - 01/29/15 06:05 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Lou,that took me back a few years. Saturday morning cartoon with my brothers. Robert,too funny, and I don't recall which one I had with me on that day as I have one hammered and one box lock. Down south only the short ones we call coach guns.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4071389 - 01/29/15 07:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

All this talk of horses and the earlier mention of Yosemite Sam reminded me of the following cartoon. While Sam is showing off his riding and handling skills vis-à-vis a 'ship of the desert', (and an elephant), I've a hunch he applies the same methods to horses.

<clipped video>

Gawd, these old cartoons still make me split a side!

You ain't just kidding! They are about the best ever made, I just roar with laughter. Do you recall some group of handkerchief-wringing busybodies getting their knickers all twisted up about how violent they were?

So now we have Dragonball-Z and the like... what an improvement... screwy

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4121751 - 05/18/15 07:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I was informed by Lou that I needed to submit an official application to join the illustrious Barmy OFFers club, this is my official notice.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4121764 - 05/18/15 08:14 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

But Banjoman, what are your qualifications? winkngrin

HEE HAW! It's most definitely an "aye" from me.
Vice President Olham, Vice President Dej, what say either or both of you?
Members of questionable standing, what say any or all of you?
Is this man barmy enough?

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4121773 - 05/18/15 08:32 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
He spends too much time thinking about WOFF.... that is good enough for me, a questionable member, often questioned by SWMBO when I explain what I DiD today

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 08:33 PM. Reason: fat fingers
#4121781 - 05/18/15 08:41 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

"what I DiD today" - that one made me laugh out loud, MudWasp. Did She Who Must Be Obeyed find the humour in it? (he asked knowing full well what the answer was)

[Linked Image]

#4121786 - 05/18/15 08:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I told you I play the banjo, that will either get me in or completely banned. hahaha

#4121789 - 05/18/15 08:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I got just enough accomplished around the old shack that SWMBO didn't bat an eye.

Speaking of shacks....MFair....I didn't see those pics of yours until today.
Mighty Fine club house thumbsup
Hey, do you shoot a black powder percussion cap revolver, or ever done so? I like them once in awhile.
thumbsup on the chaps and hat

#4121790 - 05/18/15 08:55 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Yikes!!!....Dueling banjos on the porch... thumbsup

#4121797 - 05/18/15 09:06 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
didn't mean any movie references to be infered.
maybe this is a better choice...

#4121802 - 05/18/15 09:15 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Haha, doesn't bother me. I'm sure most people think, when they learn that I play the banjo, that I'm that kid all grown up.

#4121803 - 05/18/15 09:16 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.

#4121811 - 05/18/15 09:21 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
Dye your hair...LOL...now I'm digging banjo tunes....and stray cats

#4121812 - 05/18/15 09:24 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
and anutter one....

Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 09:25 PM.
#4121814 - 05/18/15 09:25 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Originally Posted By: Banjoman
If accepted, I promise to fly under a towel or blanket while wearing two sweaters.

All well and good, but will you also set up a small fan to blow regular spritzes of castor oil, supplied by a cobbled windshield washer/nozzle assembly, into your face as you fly your WOFF sorties? Hmmmmmmmm?

Oh, forgot to add, I love banjo music.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again