Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
#4070861 - 01/28/15 09:33 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? ***** [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
I hope they just create a tiered system and unlock everything for everyone but the Cheap Russian version but given their propensity for making awful decisions then I fear it will be a paid for add-on which will just be an insult. With unlock's gone they can try and get this game back on track

#4070864 - 01/28/15 09:39 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Revvin]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

The unlocks are only one of many, even more irritating, things, which are wrong, in this game

#4070867 - 01/28/15 09:43 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: robtek]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: robtek
The unlocks are only one of many, even more irritating, things, which are wrong, in this game

True but with unlock's gone there is a glimmer of hope the developers are actually listening and may fix the other issues

#4070870 - 01/28/15 09:46 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Whooee, can you imagine the forums if they do make it where you have to pay to get rid of the unlocks? Those moderators over at the BOS forum better get some rest beforehand...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4070872 - 01/28/15 09:52 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Three things they could do to really generate a lot more interest and get a lot more players back:

I would say in the order of importance:

1: Get rid of the unlocks with an update, period. No money involved.

2: Tweak that dang SP " campaign ", to where it truly is a campaign. Think along the realm of PWCG for ROF. Or even beta career would be whole lot better than what it is now. Get some depth and some activity to it, with a true storyline.

3: Add " custom graphics options" to the graphics options, again think ROF.

If they just did these three things, popularity of BOS would skyrocket and the forums would be alive with a lot more positive posts. And probably make the moderators lives a little easier at the same time.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4070874 - 01/28/15 09:53 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Extreme_One Offline
Mission Builder
Extreme_One  Offline
Mission Builder

Southampton England
^ This is what the haters have been saying all along.

#4070886 - 01/28/15 10:25 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: dburne]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

Originally Posted By: dburne
Three things they could do to really generate a lot more interest and get a lot more players back:

I would say in the order of importance:

1: Get rid of the unlocks with an update, period. No money involved.

2: Tweak that dang SP " campaign ", to where it truly is a campaign. Think along the realm of PWCG for ROF. Or even beta career would be whole lot better than what it is now. Get some depth and some activity to it, with a true storyline.

3: Add " custom graphics options" to the graphics options, again think ROF.

If they just did these three things, popularity of BOS would skyrocket and the forums would be alive with a lot more positive posts. And probably make the moderators lives a little easier at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Extreme_One

Well then the "haters" are wrong, they will not get anyone back

#1 Unlocks is something you got to do once, when they are done they are done. Not a real deal breaker if you really are interested
#2 This is truly important, SP playability would get many back into the game. My hopes is when the ME gets available things will improve, I hope so anyway.
#3 The custom settings should really be a easy thing to do, but again not a deal breaker for most of the people here. I am in general a bad spotter. But in BOS I can fly in a gps free environment and navigating find small targets at 5 k and level bomb them. There is no need for those settings if you are really interested. No one here would return if that was the only thing.

Game engine is in many ways better than those compared with, but it got huge limitations. I think it never will provide the quality on MP like in COD I think this is one helluva deal breaker for many. It is a lot of squads out there, 80 to 100 players are needed to make adequate mp campaigns.
FM ... well that can be discussed to death, but there are room for improvements. But then again I know other sims in need for the same.
DM that is a huge disappointment, compared to COD it is ridiculous , no better than Old IL 2 except from this example and similar
It is cool

#4070889 - 01/28/15 10:33 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

I had actually assumed that the reason for the unlocks was to give the player a choice of pay vs play
Imagine if in RoF instead of buying the mods you could also win them playing the game. That made sense for the cheap Russian version.

But looking back at the DDs they specifically said they would not sell the mods like ROF and in fact the reason for the unlockables in the game was so it wouldn't be "pay to win"

In the original DD thread many people said they liked this option. Of course many didn't like it either.

Last edited by SharpeXB; 01/28/15 10:35 PM.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4070892 - 01/28/15 10:41 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Well if nothing else, I anticipate the first of the week will be quite interesting on the flight sim forums related to BOS, especially the official one.

Hopefully it will all be positive, and maybe, just maybe, give me a reason to launch BOS again...

Don

#4070899 - 01/28/15 11:17 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Extreme_One]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Extreme_One

Typical sophism...

Everybody, or, almost, have been asking the same all along, including the horrible and detestable freedom killers like me.... and not everybody is a hater.
haters are not defined by these claims, but by hate demonstration like insulting the dev, moking them, insinuating they're stupid, greedy, and much more.
Don't tell me they don't exist, they do, and if you're reasonably honest, as I believe you are, you'll acknowledge it.

#4070900 - 01/28/15 11:20 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:

Zak, on 28 Jan 2015 - 18:45, said:
Loft said that there will be a option to have all unlocks available without playing the campaign.
And that a pretty big announcement is coming up early next week.

They have the problem that behind these unlocks are nothing in this swallow "campaign"...

I try unlock Pe-2 and He 111 done the missions to practice level bombing, but some missions are impossible:

"Bomb artillery position"... from 6000 meters. How if I don't see the thing?

Bomb "supply dump"... (some wooden box) from 4.500 meters, add to this that are several wooden box in target area and you need hit the "right" one... And some time this mission repeat, but now is night time...

Seems they invert the mission templates for "attacking planes" whit the "bombers", missions with Stuka, Il-2 have a long way for the target, but the ones for Pe-2 He 111 have a short way, with minimal time to calculate wind correction, set the bombsight, and do alignment...

Unless for the "blessed" unlocks what motive someone has to play this "game"?

#4070903 - 01/28/15 11:27 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Sokol1]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Quote:

Zak, on 28 Jan 2015 - 18:45, said:
Loft said that there will be a option to have all unlocks available without playing the campaign.
And that a pretty big announcement is coming up early next week.

They have the problem that behind these unlocks are nothing in this swallow "campaign"...

I try unlock Pe-2 and He 111 done the missions to practice level bombing, but some missions are impossible:

"Bomb artillery position"... from 6000 meters. How if I don't see the thing?

Bomb "supply dump"... (some wooden box) from 4.500 meters, add to this that are several wooden box in target area and you need hit the "right" one... And some time this mission repeat, but now is night time...

Seems they invert the mission templates for "attacking planes" whit the "bombers", missions with Stuka, Il-2 have a long way for the target, but the ones for Pe-2 He 111 have a short way, with minimal time to calculate wind correction, set the bombsight, and do alignment...

I totally agree about the bombing missions. They give the 111 missions that are suitable for a dive
Bomber. I just reselect missions until I get a supply dump or railroad station. In the PE-2 you can choose dive bombing.
Once you unlock big bombs in the 111 it's all over and you get a lot of points even if you miss.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4070910 - 01/28/15 11:38 PM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Due to the context (ie. self deprecating, or referring to one's own group) of the recent usage of the term "haters", I've been leaving that alone in here lately. This is just to point out... not to take that as carte blanche to throw the label at other people in here in a demeaning way.

Carry on!

#4070920 - 01/29/15 12:02 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Speyer]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Speyer
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
By Zak:

"Loft said that there will be a option to have all unlocks available without playing the campaign.
And that a pretty big announcement is coming up early next week."

Ill take that as a we can buy our way out of the grind.

What the fu** is wrong with these people?!

I suspect this was the plan all along, a way to pay instead of grinding, but they didn't expect the level of forum implosions. I personally don't buy the 'amateurish' label for them, I think they are doing exactly what they planned from day one...

Amateurish here means they grossly misunderstood their market

It does not mean that they are not executing along the lines they intended.

As has been amply discussed...they courted the Il-2 crowd with EA, said many of the things that crowd wanted to hear (early on)....and then just short of release, did a hard left turn (in deference to Soviet authoritarianism as opposed to other right-wing flavors of the same foul commodity)

So yes...they do "think" they know just what they are doing.

The Il-2 market on the other hand has an entirely different opinion

I think it is going to be amusing at the very least to hear the explanation offered if and when the "unlocks" are made "optional" after all the denial that they have been going through about the market questioning their "vision"

Ha ha....

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4070927 - 01/29/15 12:22 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit

As has been amply discussed...they courted the Il-2 crowd with EA, said many of the things that crowd wanted to hear (early on)....and then just short of release, did a hard left turn (in deference to Soviet authoritarianism as opposed to other right-wing flavors of the same foul commodity)

I think it is going to be amusing at the very least to hear the explanation offered if and when the "unlocks" are made "optional" after all the denial that they have been going through about the market questioning their "vision"

Ha ha....

You mean you'll be self-amused by your own conspiracy theory?

screwy

#4070928 - 01/29/15 12:23 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Revvin]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Revvin
Originally Posted By: robtek

True but with unlock's gone there is a glimmer of hope the developers are actually listening and may fix the other issues

I agree "if" they hit the reset button and open the unlocks for free. If they try to charge for them it will be a complete debacle. Up to this point there was no income from the unlocks in any version of the game, so I can't imagine them trying to generate income from them now.

Originally Posted By: Revvin
With unlock's gone they can try and get this game back on track

+1

This is their chance to turn over a new leaf and go with a historically based SP Campaign without the unlocks (they'll need some reason to play it in place of the unlocks), plus this turns the MP guys loose to do their thing.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4070931 - 01/29/15 12:37 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
The unlocks are just one phase of this....but I am afraid the SP is going to take a lot of work and I'll be surprised if we see much improvement. I hope I'm wrong....though. Kudos to them if they can turn this around, especially since almost everything they need to do will be a humbling admission...that all was not well in Camelot after all....I sincerely wish them the best...because it's going to take a lot of work....some faith..and possibly some more money. Just about everything I personally am running short on right now when it comes to this game...

#4070934 - 01/29/15 12:41 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Rama]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Rama
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit

Ha ha....

You mean you'll be self-amused by your own conspiracy theory?

screwy

The amusement is self evident...or have you not been reading the boards?

Conspiracy?.....no...there is no conspiracy needed for bad decision making or wishful thinking taking the place of solid market research

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4070943 - 01/29/15 01:14 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Sokol1]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Sokol1

People will realize this soon. If the campaign was awesome, unlocks would not be such an issue. Because the campaign is horrible, unlocks feel cheap, dumb, and utterly useless.

I point to people who used autopilot to play the game for them as an example.

#4070973 - 01/29/15 02:27 AM Re: Can anyone translate this? [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

I have $100 on this game that I haven't played since the unlocks were thrown upon me.
Do I feel that I should have to pay for the unlocks to be removed since I was a founder ?
No I do not !

However,it really depends on the price point for me.
If I can pay $5- $10 and have them gone, I will.

TRUST ME !,,, I won't be happy about it, especially after spending $100 already but I work a 60 hr work week and have a family, so my time is very VERY limited.
The unlocks are that disgusting to me ! Even if the SP campaign was good and not dribble as everyone says i still would not have the time to deal with them and it would Kill my desire to play the game.

People say you can unlock them , all it takes is doing it once and your done.
That Sadly is not a option for me.
I play flight sims because:
#1 I love combat sims, just like I love to fly in real life.

#2 They normally give me the freedom to play how I want and when I want to because that fits my limited available time.

That has been my Biggest issue with BOS after the testing phase ended.

If the ME is coming and possibly user created Campaigns,, I do not have the time to do the unlocks,, its just not possible for me.
If user Created SP Content is still tied to the BS grip of the unlock system , then what other choice do I have to rid this game of the unlocks so that I then have a way to somehow actually enjoy My HARD earned and painfully spent money for BOS.

Of Course I think that having to pay to rid the game of this unlock BS as a founder is CRAZY, But like I said , if it's $5-$10 I will spend the money.
If it's more then that price range then I will try to sell BOS and recoup something from this insane mess.

Frankly, if this news is true and comes to the table this is one of their last chances to retain me as a customer,, EVER !

Dez

Last edited by Desode; 01/29/15 02:28 AM.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.