Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33
#4067986 - 01/23/15 12:49 AM The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy?  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

The Barmy OFFers Club

Throughout the annals of history people of like purpose and intent have gathered together in efforts to share and strengthen their common ideals and to strive in unison towards extraordinary goals. The Knights Templar, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, and other such ancient assemblies have used the combined abilities and fortunes of their members to attempt broad sweeping and long-lasting changes around the globe. Their greatness and power were and are inextricably tied to their like-mindedness and shared zeal, and because of this they became far greater than the sum of their individual parts.

The Barmy OFFers Club is nothing like this. We are a daft group, though rather clever and creative, who happen to share the same obsession for the marvelous WWI aerial combat flight sim, 'Over Flanders Fields'. We do not imagine for an instant that we will alter the course of world history, apart from the bygone years of 1914 through 1918 in which our many virtual selves fly and fight and live and die. Since we are a bit over-the-top we do things on occasion that are considered by those not of us to be...well...barmy. Furthermore, we don't look upon these things we do as a negative but rather more a badge of honour. Because of this shared skewed outlook we have been drawn together with others who not only understand but actually appreciate such daftness, as they suffer from the same wonderful instability themselves.

Are you such an individual? Do you lack the grip on reality it takes to become one of the BOC? If you think you qualify then we encourage you to apply for membership in this less than illustrious yet somehow elite group of halfwits. Read through our charter and post your qualifications below. Prove to us just how round-the-bend you are for OFF and you too can have your name added to our 'Roll Call Of The Barmy'. Dues will be collected in the club bar on the first Saturday of each month, (and if you believe for even a moment that there actually is a club bar you are closer to qualifying for membership in the BOC than you might realize).

[Linked Image]

Roll Call Of The Barmy:

Olham . ... (Founding Member)
Dej . . . .... (Founding Member)
Louvert . ..(Founding Member)

Hasse Wind
Lewie
Flyby PC
Shiloh
Almccoyjr
Widowmaker
Rickitycrate
Herr Prop-Wasche
Hellshade
tranquillo
Pappy55
Crossbones (aka CrimsonTide)
Slartibartfast
Javito1986
Von Paulus
Creaghorn
elephant
Wayfarer
Hauksbee
Bullethead
CaptSopwith
carrick58
RamblingSid
HumanDrone
HouseHobbit
Britisheh
NS13Jarhead
Lothar of the Hill People
rjw (aka Robert_Wiggins)
FenrisWlf
Beanie
DukeIronHand
MFair
Nietzsche
Raine
lederhosen
CatKnight
MudWasp
Rick_Rawlings
Tonytiger (aka Typhoon)
Banjoman
Cavaliere57
Smosh
cCromwell
SteveW
HarryH
ARUP
Maeran
Stache
Jammer28
Mr_Dirt
actionjoe
RAF28Jenkins
loftyc
JimmyBlonde (aka Ace_Pilto)
stljeffbb
Fullofit
Deej7066
JJJ65
Sailor_Steve
Nowi
Dark_Canuck
Wulfe
catch
Trooper117
Simes

Honorary Members (this lot is barmier than all of us):

Winder
Polovski
OvS
Shredward
Paarma
Sandbagger
Rabu
Makai
RexHannover
Nod
Capt.Winters
Matt Milne
AnKor
And all the special contributors who have worked with the OFF dev team over the years

*************************************************************************************

#4068009 - 01/23/15 02:04 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
ooooooh! Here we go! Drinks all around!

(hic!) HumanDrone, present, sir!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4068075 - 01/23/15 06:18 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Anything that uses the Dodo bird for a mascot is something I'm interested in...

You would have been proud of us Honorary members (Pol, Sandbagger and I) when we all geeked out at the Hendon RAF museum. I am convinced the museum manager was content with just leaving us there as we knew more than anyone in the whole place... but he could see my eyes fixed on that D.Va and must have know I would have jumped in it and took off as soon as he turned his back.. with Sandbagger grabbing the SE5a, and Pol in the Fee.

Ahh.... nothing better that the era of the WWI Biplane. smile

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4068076 - 01/23/15 06:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
#25. You believe and follow Dicta Boelcke as not only a strict guideline for aerial combat, but a guideline for all aspects of life outside of WOFF.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4068108 - 01/23/15 08:57 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: OvStachel]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: OvStachel
... but he could see my eyes fixed on that D.Va and must have known I would have jumped in it
and took off as soon as he turned his back.. with Sandbagger grabbing the SE5a, and Pol in the Fee.

Yeah, I can imagine THAT only too well!
How the poor man was sitting on glowing coal with you lot in his fine collection!

Should you ever visit THE VINTAGE AVIATOR together, I'm sure Peter Jackson would quickly hire
a hundred Orcs and position them as a "life guard" around you as long as you are in there.
"Oh my god - the 'Golden Triumvirate'! Guards!!!"
Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4068132 - 01/23/15 11:59 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oooo, talk of Albs and SE5s and Fees and The Vintage Aviator, very nice! But I must interrupt such banter for official club business.

(Lou ducks at this point as anything of proper throwing size that isn't nailed down is hurled at him with the accuracy only practiced inebriation can provide.)

HA! You all missed. Now then, MFair has petitioned for membership into our little group. I for one say he's qualified and then some simply by asking to be included in this lot. A round of 'ayes' are in order don't you think, followed by a round of drinks on our newest victim.

All in favour say AYE!

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4068144 - 01/23/15 12:43 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

"Aye" - short, loud and clear!
And then a double single malt whisky for my part, please.

#4068157 - 01/23/15 01:05 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: OvStachel]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted By: OvStachel
#25. You believe and follow Dicta Boelcke as not only a strict guideline for aerial combat, but a guideline for all aspects of life outside of WOFF.

I certainly apply der Dicta in Pittsburgh traffic!

GET OUTTA MY WAY I WANNA GO HOME! cuss2 cuss banghead

xwing

In <ahem> official club business, I shall give a solemn "aye" to Mfair's application. I need a fresh Guinness, tap only, with the nitrogen, please!

<hic> bottles

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
#4068178 - 01/23/15 01:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Olham]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Olham
"Aye" - short, loud and clear!
And then a double single malt whisky for my part, please.

Aye (Hic) Aye! bottles

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/23/15 01:47 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4068200 - 01/23/15 02:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Another foo...ler ah, individual has made known his desire to join our ranks. What say you all to Nietzsche becoming one of the daft, the touched, the barmy? Aye says I! Yet another bar tab to take advantage of, me thinks.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4068205 - 01/23/15 02:35 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oh, and seems I'm neglect in mentioning Raine's desire to join up as well. When it rains barmy, it pours. Aye again, says I! This is developing into a potentially epic blow-out.

[Linked Image]

#4068207 - 01/23/15 02:38 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Sooooo

how does one apply for membership then? I'm not stupid, just barmy.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4068213 - 01/23/15 02:42 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Well yea!
Aye, Aye, and Aye!

#4068217 - 01/23/15 02:48 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: lederhosen]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
Sooooo

As per the original post in this thread, you need only ask and state your qualifications as noted in our charter. In your case lederhosen it would simply be a formality as you are quite clearly one cylinder short of a rotary.

[Linked Image]

#4068276 - 01/23/15 04:45 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
SHO I'LL BEEUP TO 4 GUINNESSESSESS SHOON! AYE! AYE! AYE!

bottles cheers dizzy

#4068286 - 01/23/15 04:59 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: lederhosen]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted By: lederhosen
Sooooo

You bring up an important point. I have a German pilot, "Rex von Schnaups" that I use to demonstrate WOFF to my brother in law (also named Rex, coincidenatlly). He's always absconding with the Baron's triplane, to which the Baron spits, "Er weiß nicht einmal steigen 'bekloppt.' Er ist nur ein Idiot."

(with apologies to the real German speakers here, that was Google translate. I jad "barmy" in quotes, which came out "bekloppt.")

#4068297 - 01/23/15 05:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
Bekloppt is correct, but what does the rest of the Sentence mean LOL

#4068301 - 01/23/15 05:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Salute

Dear Sirs, Madams or hermaphrodites,

After reading through the list I believe I qualify to be a member under articles 1,3,4,15,19,20 and 24 of the charter, and wish to register my application to join this very fine group of equally daft people.

danke

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4068303 - 01/23/15 05:39 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

You wrote: "He doesn't even know climb 'barmy'." Whatever that means...???

#4068308 - 01/23/15 05:43 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Nietzsche Offline
Nietzsche  Offline

Grevenbroich, Germany
The Force use you must, reading sentence. lightsabers

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics