Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
#4066813 - 01/20/15 10:16 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? ** [Re: bongodriver]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bongodriver
Srange, I had relatively little problem getting a refund.

How? Did you buy it through steam?

#4066818 - 01/20/15 10:24 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Master]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Master
Srange, I had relatively little problem getting a refund.

How? Did you buy it through steam?

No, I was a day one shiny gold badge premium backer, but thanks to the harsh moderation at the forums I decided to GTFO of it all together and I wanted to take my chips with me, so I asked 777 for a refund, only a couple of days faffing around and emailing and the paypal refund was given.

#4066832 - 01/20/15 10:58 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Bought silver the very second it was available, then ran around like an idiot to upgrade to a gold bar, as I was sucked in to the hype.Once reality set in, and I experienced the cesspit that is the BoS forum, I sold my copy and was grateful to get back 50% of what I had paid.
Since then of course we have had forum meltdowns, threats, paid reviewers and forum posters, etc etc etc.
BoS will never sully my hard drive again.

#4066838 - 01/20/15 11:11 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Dakpilot]  
JagerNeun Offline
JagerNeun  Offline

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

I imagine this has something to do with it

"Now back onto the proper topic which is what Zak originally posted. News about our future development plans will come when we are ready to announce them. I had hope we would have released the Dserver and ME by now, but that work has slowed due to a serious illness of one of our long time teammates. That is no joke. Life is more than just playing sims.

Jason"

anyway some more Chir Front missions are on the way featuring HE-111

From Veteren66 of Desastersoft fame

"i spend many time and work for the Bomber and Fighter logic, but i make some good steps"

Cheers Dakpilot

Well, I sure hate to hear that someone is sick to that extent. I hope he recovers soon, prayers headed his way.

#4066840 - 01/20/15 11:17 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Colour me cynical but I would hate to find out that's a device to buy sympathy and time.

Edit:

the above statement is not a direct accusation, it is a cynical view based on experience of past behaviours.

Last edited by bongodriver; 01/23/15 08:45 PM. Reason: some clarity
#4066841 - 01/20/15 11:29 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: bongodriver]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Colour me cynical but I would hate to find out that's a device to buy sympathy and time.

consider it done, someone offers prayers yet, you offer the assumption, and veiled accusation that it is lies and disinformation

Cheers Dakpilot

#4066842 - 01/20/15 11:29 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: bongodriver]  
Revvin Offline
Revvin  Offline

United Kingdom

If there is someone seriously ill then good luck and I hope for a speedy recovery for them but what you suggest above would not surprise me in the slightest given the underhand behaviour the team at 1C/777 have displayed so far. IIRC we were going to hear more about the future of BoS in December, well that's long gone and we're rapidly approaching February and still no news of what lays ahead.

#4066854 - 01/20/15 11:57 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Dakpilot]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Dakpilot

consider it done, someone offers prayers yet, you offer the assumption, and veiled accusation that it is lies and disinformation

Cheers Dakpilot

I offer an alternate theory, not an assumption.

#4066864 - 01/21/15 12:41 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Revvin]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Revvin

IIRC we were going to hear more about the future of BoS in December, well that's long gone and we're rapidly approaching February and still no news of what lays ahead.

Oh yes you recall correctly, and also 95% sure that the ME would be released in December as well.

What do we hear now? Sounds of crickets chirping.

Yet - and here is the big surprise - yet latter part of December what did we get, but a nice big unexpected update - for ROF!!

Now maybe I am the only one that raised an eyebrow , I don't know...

Last edited by dburne; 01/21/15 12:42 AM.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4066878 - 01/21/15 01:32 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
ElAurens Offline
ElAurens  Offline

USA
Well, it's been a long time since I posted here, on any subject, but had to pop in and give voice to my feelings, as there is no use doing it on the official forum.

I'm still playing, but have slowed down considerably, as the "campaign" is simply a drudgery.

Can't really add anything that has not been said previously. The title is seriously flawed and was released too soon.

And I grow weary of the Pollyannas over there and being told I need to learn how to fly, and that my CH gear is no good, and that BoS is the first sim to model airflow over the control surfaces and that is why you suck, learn how to fly.

Honestly, the "community" over there is the worst I have ever experienced this side of the early days of Rise of Flight. I almost posted something that Bearcat would not have liked, but why bother?

That ship is sinking, and it will take it's supporters with it.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 01/21/15 06:30 AM. Reason: Derogatory Term edited

Curtiss Fan Boy.

Online as BlitzPig_EL.
#4066884 - 01/21/15 01:46 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Salute to the BlitzPigs

It has been a while since I've seen that name lol

#4066902 - 01/21/15 02:41 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: ElAurens]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: ElAurens
Well, it's been a long time since I posted here, on any subject, but had to pop in and give voice to my feelings, as there is no use doing it on the official forum.

I'm still playing, but have slowed down considerably, as the "campaign" is simply a drudgery.

Can't really add anything that has not been said previously. The title is seriously flawed and was released too soon.

And I grow weary of the Pollyannas over there and being told I need to learn how to fly, and that my CH gear is no good, and that BoS is the first sim to model airflow over the control surfaces and that is why you suck, learn how to fly.

Honestly, the "community" over there is the worst I have ever experienced this side of the early days of Rise of Flight. I almost posted something that Bearcat would not have liked, but why bother?

That ship is sinking, and it will take it's supporters with it.

Salute El Aurens!....or simply El...on the official forums correct?

And El Aurens comes from one of my favorite movies I believe....Lawrence of Arabia

Salute and welcome to the SimHQ BoS Sanctuary!!!!

I almost feel like I should be Quasimoto and or Charles Laughton playing the old sod and banging on the bells as I say that...

The Official Forums BoS Boosters seek to hang the last Unlocks and SP Campaign "Hater"

Last edited by CyBerkut; 01/21/15 06:31 AM. Reason: Edited quoted material

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4066946 - 01/21/15 06:14 AM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Wolf_Rider Offline
Wolf_Rider  Offline

Australia
"I wish I was made of stone... just like thee" (with Quasi sitting on the parapet, next to a gargoyle - right at the end of the piece) One of the best of screenworks

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.”

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
#4067020 - 01/21/15 12:38 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: mugwump]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: mugwump
I find it hard to trust anything they say at this point.

Remember when Pacific Fighters was released? Europe (and me in Japan) got it a month before it was released in N. America and much of the promised content was absent. We were told that it was due to being unable to cram so much goodness onto just two disks and we'd get all the promised content when the game was released in N. America.

That release date came and the content was still missing. We were told that one of the developers had been seriously injured in a car accident and to be patient.

Then the news about the lawsuits came out and we learned that we'd never receive the promised content. Now, I don't know if one of their devs really was hurt or not but they set a precedent then for dishonesty and evasiveness.

If someone on the dev team really is ill, then I hope they get better soon but I'm skeptical and it pisses me off that trust has degraded to such a degree that I'd even think along these lines but there it is.

I believe Oleg Maddox was the one in the accident. Little more understanding that work slows down when the top head gets seriously hurt. Not fun when a coworker gets sick, but does everyone else just stop working because of it? Guess it works differently than where i come from.

And irc. the lawsuit was about Grumman, i think it was in this case, wanted compensation from Oleg and co. for using their "property". I know, sounds completely insane. But Oleg didn't want to risk a court in the US. Kind of understandable if you think about it.

Anyways it doesn't apply with BoS, im pretty sure.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 01/21/15 12:39 PM.
#4067081 - 01/21/15 03:19 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

I haven't played it since before the unlocks came in.

Only way I would play it is if some kind of way was found to get all the unlocks in a couple hours.
Frankly, I don't have the time to grind for the XP, and so it's pointless for me to even try.
I can Only hope that when the FMB comes out that there is some way around the unlocks.

As a person that is busy in the real world with only a couple hours to play every week or two, the unlocks pretty much ruin any point in my playing. I can't even play the way I want to , which for me is unheard of in any type of sim style game. WT has more options to play how you want to then BOS !!!!! God Help me !

I am 100% totally Shocked that Jason and crew where behind this design !!! Or that they would treat their founding supporters like this.
The polls I have seen clearly showed that the unlock /grind XP system was not wanted, and that seems to have been ignored.

I had no clue that the SP would be Such dribble or that I would have to unlock guns and other crap !

Honestly I would like to give a lecture to the people that made the voting decisions to have unlocks,, Because they just flat out ruined it for me and many others who like and only have time for SP !

I truly did not believe or understand that founders would have to suffer through this unlock insanity too, and when that information came out,, I started to loose interest in BOS.

For the life of me I will Never understand how you can make ROF and it's SP side of things and then go and Make this ???? I mean really ??

At the very least the unlocks should be for MP ONLY, but I personally feel there is no place for them in ANY flight sim unless it's free to play.

Why they didn't let the founders have everything unlock is beyond me ! and why there isn't any available version for sale with all the unlocks open is in my opinion ignorant business sense....

I still want to hope that Jason and 777 will prove me wrong over time, but I am really starting to doubt that at this point.

I thought that maybe the 1C side of things was to blame, but Jason has been very firm in saying that isn't the case and that it is a board that makes the calls on these choices.

Maybe that is the problem with Bos ? There is no one person there making the calls, and hence the vision for BOS is all over the place with no clear goals other then to make money off the Il2 brand.

The whole mess to me is Very Sad.........

Dez

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4067093 - 01/21/15 03:42 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
''Make money off the IL2 brand''... Think you may have something there.

#4067094 - 01/21/15 03:45 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
MudWasp Offline
MudWasp  Offline

a shack in da woods
I haven't purchased it.

I fly single player offline in many sims. Love a good campaign mode in single player. I could play through the unlocks and have fun, but this "campaign" looks horrible to me.

There is a thread on the BOS forums about ideas to make it better. If those changes came to be implemented, I'd purchase BOS.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1142...ers-only/page-1

Those suggestions would make me feel immersed in the campaign like I believe a good sim does, at least the ones I enjoy flying.

Last edited by MudWasp; 01/21/15 03:46 PM.
#4067096 - 01/21/15 03:46 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Didn't the renaming of Storm of War: Battle of Britain to Il-2: Cliffs of Dover (a game that had not only no Il-2s but no Russian combat planes at all) already indicate that was 1C's modus operandi?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4067101 - 01/21/15 03:54 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
bongodriver Offline
bongodriver  Offline

England
Wasn't wings of prey labelled IL2 as well?

#4067120 - 01/21/15 04:28 PM Re: So,who's done with this game? [Re: Chucky]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Yes it was bongo. The only pass I could give to that game is that is was mainly for consoles.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.