Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4064349 - 01/15/15 06:50 PM Online CW Map - and CW Round Table  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Just listening to the NGNG CW Town Hall: (EDIT: This is a roundtable discussion with Merc Unit Leaders, Town Hall is sometime today with Russ).

Apparently there is a fan-made online CW map pulling live data:

http://www.norrisdev.com/mwocw

I will update with interesting parts of the discussion here:

- Concerns about long wait times to drop (>5 minutes) being an issue now.
- To deal with small units. Mercstar was formed out of many smaller units. Units operate as their own entity normally, but fight under MercStar (MS) for Community Warfare. This 'might' be something to look into for us...
- Discussion about alliances. This would be better for us. Would keep as unit, but could align with a larger group.
- Discussion asking about smaller groups in CW to drop, ie. 4v4 6v6. Bomabadil states to tune into the town hall, as that request will be brought up by Russ.
- On Jan 20th there will be a switch to 3 cease fires, one every 8 hours. Map will update 3 times a day now.

Last edited by MojoFlow; 01/15/15 07:42 PM.
#4064628 - 01/16/15 02:17 PM Re: Online CW Map - and CW Round Table [Re: MojoFlow]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada

#4064662 - 01/16/15 02:50 PM Re: Online CW Map - and CW Round Table [Re: MojoFlow]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Quote:
4. Optimization progress in regards to HUD/fps. He says they're working on it, it's a priority to help CW fps, but he doesn't have anything huge to report right now.

That has been a LOOOONG time in coming. You'll notice if you disable the HUD that you pick up 10-20 fps. I hope that's what that references.

Quote:
Don't panic about massive amounts of planets flipping, the max we've had was 8, and I think it's worth trying. 4v4 and PvE will further help this problem in the future......
2015 Roadmap? Russ didn't want to commit/lay out everything yet. There's a lot of work (months of it) going to go into VOIP, faction chat, CW, etc.... BUT, he's looking at putting more modes into CW like 4v4 and PvE. Even Solo players getting involved with CW (turrets, infantry, tanks, helicopters maybe? "There's a use for your flamers, everyone's been talking about flamers.")
.......14. Is PvE a priority? Yes, but it does come after everything else, VIOP, cue info, maps, etc.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Quote:
Ghost Heat is an easier discussion. "I am willing to have those discussions. Paul's probably pulling his hair out though."

thumbsup

Quote:
"Steam is a priority in 2015 in the first half of 2015", and we have full approval for Steam.

thumbsup

Quote:
12. MAU (monthly users) has gone up 20% since CW launched. And we're aiming for even more.

Like everyone said, get out CW and you'll get players.

Quote:
20. Can we see a "Rush Mode" in CW? We're adding the new counter-attack mode on Feb 8th. So we're going to keep adding in modes as we go. There will be new gametypes, like with a mobile field base in which you have to kill all 48 enemy mechs and the field base which will discourage turtling. That way to *have* to push out.

thumbsup

Quote:
21. The Union Class dropship is being modeled. No promises when/where you'll see it... Maybe in the landing game mode... And it's gonna look awesome.

Haven't heard about that, could be good. At least variety of games will be improved, surely not all will favor defenders and/or clan?

Quote:
On the 20th we're coming out with this (only in the gift store for the first three months though, afterward they'll be released for Cbills) a new variant for each clan mech other than the Hellbringer. And a Direwolf with jumpjets. This will be similar to the mech packages. Same prices as the other mech packages. There will be "quite" interesting pods. There's a Timberwolf D coming out with 2 PPCs and 4 missles in each arm, and a Mad-Dog with 2 ballistics coming out in each arm.

Eventually new omnipods, so sounds interesting.

Quote:
28. Will we see new modules/CW specific modules? How about landmines? Yes. But not right away.

thumbsup

Quote:
30. Any plans to make light mechs more viable/more survivable? No other plans for the locust. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure the locust is meant to take dual gausses."

LOL
MORE survivable? Yeah right.

Quote:
31. The Flea. The Flea is dead to me.

Quote:
32. URBANMECH. "I don't know whether to believe you guys or not if you want the urbanmech." So Jan 20th, this Tuesday, we're launching a page to pre-order the urbanmech." Concept art is all done, it's as sexy as can be. It will have this quirk, it will have 360 degree torso twist. Two price packs. All three varients, no hero, 30 days premium, warhorn, title, mechbays, for $20, and then the Collectors Package. Custom geometro, custom skin, 3 warhorns, etc etc etc $40. Release in early April. Only available for 10 days. We're trying to make it viable. We are debating making a standard 60 engine, which will have a negative tonnage! We haven't decided what the max engine cap will be. It'll be something higher... So you can run as fast as a spider.

Quote:
35. Destructible terrain? Yes, but priority is collisions, mech vs mech, mech vs tree, and he's hoping it will be soon.

Not sure about the tree part, you need to be able to mow down trees. Prob means in reference to the huge trees like on Viridian. We need to be able to flatten or blow away smaller trees though.

Quote:
Right now PGI is turning out a map every month...Feb 3rd for the next CW map. We have a HPG moon theme, a Desert theme, and we should see a community warfare map coming out each month...All map resources are currently dedicated to making more CW maps.

thumbsup

Quote:
45. Timeline progression/jumps forward/back? "I doubt highly that we'll stick with the timeline. We'll jump forward as it suits us." Basically if they need new mechs/weapons they'll advance it.

Wise. It would be ridiculous to go real-time on a series that covers hundreds of years. LOL

Quote:
50. Unit Logos/Decals? Good news! It's essentially done, and just being polished. Not very far off. Quarter 1 sounds realistic. Units could even submit their own custom decals for some MC. (Nothing lewd)

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4064716 - 01/16/15 04:33 PM Re: Online CW Map - and CW Round Table [Re: MojoFlow]  
WeaselGX Offline
WeaselGX  Offline

Norfolk, VA
Sounds for the summary Defcon! A lot of good stuff coming our way in 2015.

The UrbanMech deal sounds pretty good for $20.

#4064760 - 01/16/15 06:06 PM Re: Online CW Map - and CW Round Table [Re: MojoFlow]  
malibu43 Offline
malibu43  Offline

SoCal
As someone who PUGs most of the time, I'm really excited about in-game voip!

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.