It is the year 1980 and war has broken out between East and West. You are a pilot of the 982nd Fighter Regiment at Vaziani air base, USSR. Fly the MiG-21Bis in its point defence interceptor role to guard the city of Tbilisi against a two week long NATO air offensive out of Turkey. Meet large strike packages of contemporary adversaries such as the F-4 Phantom II and the F-5 Freedom Fighter and take on the next generation of US fighters in form of the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the F-15 Eagle. Get through to well escorted formations of B-52, perform ground controlled intercepts of bombers in instrument flight at night and get the MiG to Mach 2 to down high and fast intruders. Defend your installations on the ground and wear down the combat strength of the enemy, while keeping a close eye on your own numbers. Your performance matters.
- Single player or cooperative dynamic campaign
- Open number of missions with variable time of day and weather
- Automatically generated missions depending on previous results
- Persistent losses of ground installations, air defences and aircraft across the campaign, including damage, repair, replacement and reinforcement
- Detailed briefings and debriefings
- Authentic scenario featuring combat units that actually operated in the theatre or could have been deployed there, including actual real-life positions of SAM sites