Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4052490 - 12/18/14 04:53 AM Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick)  
MilesTeg Offline
MilesTeg  Offline

For those of you flying with a Cougar were you able to get ED to recognize the microstick (RDR Cursor/Enable)? I'd love to use it for lateral and vertical thrust if that's possible.

#4052627 - 12/18/14 02:12 PM Re: Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick) [Re: MilesTeg]  
Spyder512 Offline
Spyder512  Offline

Franklinville, New Jersey
ED Doesn't recognize the microstick for me either... I can push it in as a button though, I use that for turning on reverse thrusts and back to normal.

#4052739 - 12/18/14 04:47 PM Re: Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick) [Re: MilesTeg]  
Lancelot Offline
Lancelot  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
I do, and i use them as analog axis so i can get more fine tuned lateral control.

Drop me a PM if you need help how to do it. But i warn you that i use CCP and TARGET now, i don´t use Foxy anymore.

Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
#4053086 - 12/19/14 05:39 AM Re: Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick) [Re: MilesTeg]  
MilesTeg Offline
MilesTeg  Offline

Are you able to share it here in this thread Lancelot?

#4054173 - 12/21/14 08:49 PM Re: Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick) [Re: MilesTeg]  
MilesTeg Offline
MilesTeg  Offline

I was able to get the microstick working via help from this post here over at the ED forums.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37014

Quote:
I want to let everyone know how I figured this out for Windows 8.1 64-bit. First of all, you don't need TARGET. What you need is this (the Vista drivers). Now what you need to do is make sure you run the installer in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and Run as Administrator. Now, someone said that you should turn off UAC, so I did. I don't know if that's necessary. Anyway, after you've installed the stuff go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS\ folder and from inside the driver folder copy the STTubeDevice203.dll under your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. Next, back in the HOTAS folder, set the HOTASConfig.exe to run in the windows vista (service pack 2) mode and Run it as Administrator.

When the HOTAS Cougar Control Panel (CCP) starts up, on the Axis Setup tab you want to have Microstick X and Y on 7 and 8 unless you are planning to use Toe Brakes. This will enable Microstick and disable Toe Brakes. Now you hit Apply.

Go to Axis Shaping tab and set your curves as you like them. I have Curve of -4 on both X axis and Y axis of the stick. Remember to Apply.

On the Startup & Calibration tab, and this is important y'all, you want to set Axis Response to User mode, Emulation to Off, Calibration mode to Manual calibration. Then in the Calibration section you want to click Manual Calibration button and follow the instructions given. After calibration, you apply the settings and save the profile. I think you also need to click Save in the Startup Options section and load the profile you've just saved in the Profile section. And to be sure just Apply again. There may be too many unnecessary steps in that part.

Anyhow you can now close the CCP. To try out if your calibration and setups were assigned correctly, launch HOTASView.exe and try your microstick. It should show as moving both the Zr and Yr axis next to the pedals image.

I hope this was helpful to someone.

#4054757 - 12/23/14 02:14 AM Re: Anyone flying with a TM Cougar? (microstick) [Re: MilesTeg]  
Lancelot Offline
Lancelot  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
I said to send me PM because lately i'm very busy and with the PM i would remember to visit this thread again, since i didn't had time to explain when i wrote my first reply. smile

Anyway, you must do as it is desribed above. In my case, i assign "Microstick X" to axis "6", and "Microstick Y" to axis "8".
I dont remember now why i don't use the axis "7", but there was a reason.

I have Saitek rudder pedals, that ED recognize as a another controller with independent axis, that i use for yaw control.
The default mode that CCP assing axis is because it assume you also have the thrusmaster rudder pedals pugled to the stick and use axis 7 and 8 for toe brake control.

And it's also true you don't need TARGET, or Foxy, if you will assign the buttons and axis inside the game, on the options>controls menu.
But if you want to program some buttons and/or switches with any function, specially using the pinky button as a shift position, you need to use either TARGET or Foxy.
I always program some keyboard functions on my HOTAS, that is why i have to use TARGET.
Later on, if i don't forget it, i will post a picture of how my axis are assigned on CCP.

Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.