Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4045746 - 12/05/14 02:56 AM Avangate How To Contact  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

I have been trying to order the v2.0 expansion but this time the avangate payment system is producing security warnings that I cannot get around. I have an order number but it is not verified, and I do not know how to cancell the order or payment.

Normally my payment goes through but this time no go.
Tried the phone for Australian customers, on hold for over an hour so I would say it is never answered.

Tried to log in to my account to send an email to try and get my payment verified but ended up in a continuous loop.

I have no idea how to get this solved this time. Anyon else having problems or know of a way to contact Avangate?
I always get a security warning when I first get to the Avangate payment page, and when I click ignore I normally do not have any more problems, but not this time it comes back at the end after I submit the SMS security code.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Regards MarkL

MarkL
#4045784 - 12/05/14 05:17 AM Re: Avangate How To Contact [Re: markl]  
Nefaro Offline
Nefaro  Offline

Hey Mark.

I would post this in the "Technical Issues" sub-board here. The appropriate people will probably get to it faster.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).
#4045847 - 12/05/14 09:52 AM Re: Avangate How To Contact [Re: markl]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Avangate are the people to contact, I know sometimes they can take a day or so to reply.
If they are taking a while contact us on our support email support <at> overflandersfields.com
with your order number and we'll try to find out.

Let us know exactly what the problem is and what you want to happen in support email please (and include your email to Avangate) MarkL

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4045874 - 12/05/14 10:59 AM Re: Avangate How To Contact [Re: markl]  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

Thanks for the suggestions, and sorry for posting in the wrong section.
I sort of forgot about the two sub forums.

Even when I turn off my anti virus I get the message "the connection is untrusted" and when I try to log in to avangate I just get in endless loop of giving my "unapproved order number" and email then telling me to enter the details again. So far I have not found a way to contact avengate. Last time when I ordered the first DLC my order went through bit no download link W.M. sent me a link when I contacted OBD, but I do not want to have to contact OBD every time.

I will try to make the payment at work tomorrow and see what happens.
Really odd as I purchased some cheap games from both GamerGate and GoG.com today without any problems.
Something about my setup or ISP that does not like avangate. I tried firefox and Chrome with the same result.

The worst bit is had the day off today, and was looking forward to seeing a Gotha.
Oh well hopefully tomorrow.

Regards MarkL

Last edited by markl; 12/05/14 11:01 AM.

MarkL
#4045883 - 12/05/14 11:19 AM Re: Avangate How To Contact [Re: markl]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
This sounds almost exactly like the issue I used to have.
I tried to pay Avangate directly from my bank account and would get messages similar to what you are getting.
My issue was my American bank did not like a foreign company (Avangate) taking money out of my account directly. And this despite multiple phone calls to my bank.
Had to set up a PayPal account (which took about 3 minutes literally) and problem solved.

EDIT: The "not verified" orders will be cancelled eventually as it means the payment did not go through - at least in my case they did.

Last edited by DukeIronHand; 12/05/14 12:20 PM.
#4046465 - 12/06/14 05:23 AM Re: Avangate How To Contact [Re: DukeIronHand]  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
This sounds almost exactly like the issue I used to have.
I tried to pay Avangate directly from my bank account and would get messages similar to what you are getting.
My issue was my American bank did not like a foreign company (Avangate) taking money out of my account directly. And this despite multiple phone calls to my bank.
Had to set up a PayPal account (which took about 3 minutes literally) and problem solved.

EDIT: The "not verified" orders will be cancelled eventually as it means the payment did not go through - at least in my case they did.

I contacted my card provider and they indicated something similar, but gave me a work around that worked at work using firefox not explorer.

For any new purchases i think I will setup a PayPal account as well.

Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one having problems.

Regards MarkL

MarkL

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.