Hop To
Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53
#4036839 - 11/16/14 11:55 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay for now its going to be a "Known Issue" as for some reason using the newer version of autorest on my personal weapons pack causes a CTD (I tend to develop a lot with it before implementing it in a public pack, like "I have a great idea for myself, then let's see if the public likes it" train of thought) so for now... just move a bit before reloading. When I get around to figuring out why the newer version causes a CTD by merely clicking on the weapon, I'll post that too.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4036913 - 11/17/14 05:15 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Range testing/Confirming functionality of the stripped ACOG 3.5x35:

And just posing:

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4037024 - 11/17/14 02:20 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
I am using the DEV branch.

Some observations.

Using the Barret 25mm HE rounds I had to hit soldiers dead on to do damage. Round explodes at their feet and they keep walking.

Using the Barret .50. It took over 10 rounds to blow out a tire on a IFRIT.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#4037103 - 11/17/14 05:09 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
I'm using stable. Given the fact that most of the dev topics on the BI Forums get into flame or Google wars by people who haven't done any real combat, I stay away from them. But that's my view of what I've read and seen so I stick with stable branch to keep my sanity in check. I do post in the Fixed Wing (I figure 15+ years of virtual flying counts for something) topic a bit every once in awhile but overall, I just don't bother.

Anyway that's that. As for the damage with HE, I'll add some more to the IndirectHit values to get a better approximation of effects (or find a good video showing lethality effects, which I should have done before) against test targets anyway (unless somebody here has done it for real, I was a former JFO and never operationally used the BFIST) and see what I can do. As for the Ifrit? Yeah that vehicle is too armored for a vehicle that class. I've bounced off SRAWs off the front (matter of fact the 25mm HE takes ten rounds for the frontal aspect). You'll damage it and get the crew out, which is good in itself as they're the real reason it's a PITA.

#4037234 - 11/17/14 08:59 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Basic AA-12 Tactical start. Haven't added the proxies yet but overall the general shape. I wanted a piece of the rail towards the shooters eye but... it's a shotgun, not a sniper rifle, so it'll be in a "Scout" configuration where the optic is forward of the charging handle. Given the iron sight's height they simply disappear when an optic is mounted on the rail. And of course the side accessory will allow flashlights or a laser to be mounted on the right side of the weapon:

#4037256 - 11/17/14 09:31 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
BTW Punisher5555 I did check the damage values for the 25mm HE and it had zero so I upped it to at least 50 so there won't be a hell of a lot of damage, but there will be some effect. Also the effect was increased to two meters (it was zero as well) so it's not too unrealistic in effect.

Last edited by EricJ; 11/17/14 09:33 PM.

#4037785 - 11/19/14 02:33 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay going to be a few days until I switch back to Arma 3, I have a DCS skin I want to get knocked out before I get back to the gun work. I'm learning as I go to focus on one thing, and then go to another, it keeps things sane (barring major issues with my mod or files) and controlled, rather than getting cornfused on what is what, etc.

#4037889 - 11/19/14 02:26 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Originally Posted By: EricJ
BTW Punisher5555 I did check the damage values for the 25mm HE and it had zero so I upped it to at least 50 so there won't be a hell of a lot of damage, but there will be some effect. Also the effect was increased to two meters (it was zero as well) so it's not too unrealistic in effect.

Thank you.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#4037965 - 11/19/14 05:54 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
No problem man, I've had little actual experience with a 25mm round HE in real life I fired some out of a BFIST years ago but that was to burn ammo, not kill people, so yeah I do appreciate the feedback though, and an easy fix. Hopefully by next weekish I'll have the next update out, have to finish a DCS skin and then I'll get back on the weapons pack.

#4038247 - 11/20/14 07:01 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Okay tomorrow (really today) I'll get the DCS skin uploaded and get back to gun work...

#4038648 - 11/20/14 10:26 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
AA-12 Work:

By default A3 placed the ACO on the weapon so it actually answered a question I had if the rail was a good enough height for optics such as this. Like anything I can't account for all of the scopes, both BIS and third-party, but given the low profile of that particular optic I had to be sure. But the shots show that it's okay and yes the anim is wrong as i thought the M24 anim would work, but obviously doesn't smile

#4038675 - 11/20/14 11:22 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
And fixed the issue:

I had to reshape the weapon quite a bit so it would look alright and quite honestly turned out fairly well.

#4038759 - 11/21/14 04:15 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Some progress on the SCAR-L PDW:

#4039046 - 11/21/14 06:23 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
And the PDW in-game, at that time the model.cfg was acting weird even though I was sure I did everything right, so the muzzle flash is visible, but overall that's the general appearance of the weapon, and may just leave it black, looks just amazing that way... Also I'm going to use some Troy battlesights (the ones from the CZ805 from Arma 2, or more pointedly, the type on the MX weapons, to include the tritium night sights) as they would look real good on that weapon rather than new build sights.

Also with John_Spartan's F/A-18 Super Hornet at 1.8.3 he managed to get the pylons invisible by default (he approached me for the project so he just got the config/scripting working right, so I (not visible in this shot though) moved the "US NAVY" to the side of the fuselage rather than where they are for a line tactical version:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7rdde92m59djfa/%40BlueAngelsRC4.7z?dl=0

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blue Angels Skin Mod

RC4
- Adjusted aircraft texture to match the update for 1.8.3

Last edited by EricJ; 11/21/14 07:24 PM.

#4039070 - 11/21/14 07:25 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Also want to note that the TMR bug is not just happening to my weapons, I was playing in the Virtual Arsenal with the Mk200 and noticed the same issue (when the bipod is still deployed) when reloading, just FYI

#4039174 - 11/21/14 11:15 PM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Some more PDW work, this time filling out the removed stock area and adjustment of the original MP5 buttstock to get the shape as close as possible:

Also you can see the rear sight as well, taken again from the Arma 2 sample models (ACR)

Last edited by EricJ; 11/21/14 11:16 PM.

#4039247 - 11/22/14 04:30 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Watched some James Bond earlier and back to the grind...

Some range testing with the PDW. For the most part it's almost completed, as I have to adjust the mesh around a bit and put what I assume is a cheek rest behind the iron sights. But she's zeroed which is good.

#4039249 - 11/22/14 04:46 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Changed the hand anim based on a user suggestion on the BI forums:

#4039260 - 11/22/14 06:25 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Managed to re-adjust some parts better on the weapon, and added the what in my opinion is the dumbest piece on the weapon, the "cheek rest" but as such FN aren't a bunch of morons so whatever, it's there so it's on the weapon:

#4039266 - 11/22/14 06:57 AM Re: EricJ Release Thread [Re: EricJ]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Also while i was integrating the AA-12 and the SCAR PDW in the configs, the non-ASDJM config didn't have the added suppressors or the flash suppressor, which has been fixed.

Page 3 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 52 53

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.