Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4036700 - 11/16/14 05:09 PM Re: Ouch [Re: Rama]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

Originally Posted By: Rama
Yes, some have tried and sentenced to death BoS and the dev for not fitting their principles and ideal vision of what a combat flight simulation should be and how a perfect dev should behave, definitely.

Some prefer hanging on dreams than on reality... that's life.

Really??? Seriously guys...

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4036703 - 11/16/14 05:15 PM Re: Ouch [Re: mike1997]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: mike1997
so the devs don't deserve our support or sympathy? Death threats, threats of violence against their families, they are getting what they deserve. Wow, just....wow.

Mike...are you in politics? Perhaps you should consider a career in it

For taking remarks out of context

The death threats (if true) and meaningful threats of violence (meaning some possibility of actually happening vs made for rhetorical effect --- note again the difference!) are unforgivable.

I'll repeat myself at the risk of appearing dense

We would not be here right now if this Dev crew had not bent over backwards to give the middle finger to legitimate concerns over this games present state vs past titles and where they seemingly want to take it.

Where were the death threats against Oleg? Ilya? See my point? This reaction (extreme) comes in large part because of the perceived extreme position of the Devs

I don't condone these types threats bottom line....that clear enough for ya?

I do however fully support withholding any further financial or marketing/promotional support for this crew/product until they show they are interested in addressing the many concerns about this product's usability.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4036708 - 11/16/14 05:22 PM Re: Ouch [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
I do however fully support withholding any further financial or marketing/promotional support for this crew/product until they show they are interested in addressing the many concerns about this product's usability.

Exactly my stance.... but on DCS, not on BoS. At least not yet. I'm too new to WWII combat flight sims.

- Ice
#4036709 - 11/16/14 05:22 PM Re: Ouch [Re: - Ice]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Sure, it'll be nice if I can tweak the graphics settings a bit, but really, will you get up and walk away simply because you are "pre-set" to 4x MSAA and you want 8x MSAA? Or because the sun is too yellow? If these things bother you more than the enemy fighters bearing down on you, maybe you're in the wrong sim.

Yes, I will get up and walk away when the sim is running at 4 fps near the ground, while all other games such as DCS with maxed out graphics are running at 45 to 55 fps on the same rig.

But I do agree, just like CloD, BoS could be made into a very fun game...but will they do it. I'll also be voting with my wallet in the future. If they let me tweak the graphics so that BoS will run on my system (which it did prior to the elimination of Custom Graphics settings) and if they give us some form of a more realistic campaign, whether it be like DCG or PWCG, I will be buying more maps, planes, scenarios, etc, in the future.

If not, not another dime from me. I could care less about their behavior. For me, its all about the game on my hard drive.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4036710 - 11/16/14 05:22 PM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:

2. This specific dust up was about the Freetrak hack no longer being updated by the freetrak hackers and being broken with the latest update to Trakir. The Russian side of the forum went full bore nuclear. Loft received death threats and threats of violence to his family. How long would you last before you pushed back?

In this "headtrack imbroglio" the best Loft Loft could do would be to stay away from forum discussions and let the ZAK handle the matter (like in western forum), but his previous answers before the OP quote were antagonizing, ridiculing and criticizing players.

BTW - The last TrackIR software update was in February, 2013. So the "Pirate'track" should never be worked in Bo$ at start...

I think that almost all "virpilot" would buy a TrackIR (and a Warthog)... if they could. wink

#4036739 - 11/16/14 06:41 PM Re: Ouch [Re: - Ice]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Ghost, I did not say "support the flight sim dev no matter what." I am saying support them if they make a good product. If I am too busy immersed in the flight sim, I don't care if they have public meltdowns because they can't take criticisms from rivet-counters or if they react to stupid threats over a simple set of code designed to simulate combat flight in a WWII setting.

Like I said, there's blame to be had on both sides and we rarely see a good portion of the entire story so such "meltdowns" are just the tip of the iceberg. I'd rather vote with my wallet and let the product guide my purchases.

I do echo what mike1997 said..... I like this community (SimHQ) for the maturity of the members, and while I see this on the other sub-forums, the DCS and IL2BoS sub-communities do leave a bit to be desired. Sure, we'd like a good game, tweaked to our specific way of playing, but just because the devs chose to go a different path doesn't mean they deserve all the vitriol I've seen flung about.

I find Don/DBurnette's post a bit ironic though. He talks about deal breakers, yet lists Cliffs of Dover as one of the games he is having a blast with. What that tells me is that even broken things can be fixed in time. If all we're complaining about is XP/grinding, graphic and difficulty presets, and SP progression, then I have high hopes for BoS. Are the aircraft FMs wrong? Do the guns seem overpowered or are not exhibiting the behavior or correct ammo count? Is take-offs/landings too easy/difficult? These are the things I look for in a sim. Sure, it'll be nice if I can tweak the graphics settings a bit, but really, will you get up and walk away simply because you are "pre-set" to 4x MSAA and you want 8x MSAA? Or because the sun is too yellow? If these things bother you more than the enemy fighters bearing down on you, maybe you're in the wrong sim. I would say, however, that they seriously dropped the ball on no tri-screen support.

[ps -- when I say "you," I'm not referring to Don/DBurnette in particular but rather to the people who voice such complaints]

I know, my first sentence where more of a general question since i sometimes get that feeling on the forums. Support it just because its a flight sim.

Personally i feel its extremely unfair of the devs to drag in claims of death threats and such. Why do they drag in me and the forums i know into that kind of dirty business. People making threats, of any kind, are sick individuals and and should be dealt with and/or ignored. Dont throw that kind of sick behavior in my face as an excuse for dropping the ball on a staggering amount of occasions and then blowing a gasket when i dislike it.

#4036793 - 11/16/14 09:47 PM Re: Ouch [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
Largely irrelevant...for obvious reasons....this was not an isolated outburst but the culmination (for the moment) of a pattern of behavior and actions showing open contempt for their customers....and everyone saw this "apology" for what it was......a politically correct fig leaf that could not disguise the fact that 1C had a number of developers on this project who are contemptuous of their core market that provided early access funding and if they could......would kick that market to the curb...in favor of a more pliable, and less demanding market of XP seeking "gamers"

Oh, it's very relevant, knowing loki's post history both here and the RoF forums.

Quote:
This guy is a Strelnikov...and he is driving...or is he merely riding?...his Red Express

.....into Oblivion

You've lost the plot if you have to resort to a YouTube video to make your argument.

#4036795 - 11/16/14 09:58 PM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I honestly don't see how anyone, anywhere, can defend the very public statements and behavior of the 1CGS. They ought to be a case study in how to destroy a business venture.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4036801 - 11/16/14 10:24 PM Re: Ouch [Re: Airdrop01]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
I honestly don't see how anyone, anywhere, can defend the very public statements and behavior of the 1CGS. They ought to be a case study in how to destroy a business venture.

The only thing that destroy a business venture is customers not buying the products.
If the customers don't buy the product because some kind of unperfect human behavior shown in dev communication is more important than the product itself and so is a deal breaker, then it clearly means there's no real interest in the product itself.
If there's no real interest in the product itself, then the only real error of the dev is to have started to develop the product in the first place.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

#4036805 - 11/16/14 10:32 PM Re: Ouch [Re: Airdrop01]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Ask the BoS forum mods that are bound to show up soon. Actually, no need to ask...they'll demonstrate how without anyone soliciting for a demonstration.

LukeFF, how is loki's post history relevant to the discussion/fact that Loft and Jason just damned the whole community to a future of poorly made products in an Internet temper tantrum of company destroying proportions?

#4036811 - 11/16/14 10:36 PM Re: Ouch [Re: Rama]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

The only thing that destroy a business venture is customers not buying the products.
If the customers don't buy the product because some kind of unperfect human behavior shown in dev communication is more important than the product itself and so is a deal breaker, then it clearly means there's no real interest in the product itself.
If there's no real interest in the product itself, then the only real error of the dev is to have started to develop the product in the first place.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
You're implying that people don't care about customer service after they've been a patron of a business. You may not, but there are plenty, PLENTY, of people that do care about that sort of thing. Aside from all of that, if the game was just made to the satisfactory standards that the majority of the community was expecting, then this sort of conflict wouldn't have ever happened in the first place.

#4036822 - 11/16/14 10:59 PM Re: Ouch [Re: AbortedMan]  
Rama Offline
Rama  Offline

Toulouse France
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan
Aside from all of that, if the game was just made to the satisfactory standards that the majority of the community was expecting, then this sort of conflict wouldn't have ever happened in the first place.

Thank's to confirm my demonstration.
The main point (and not the side point) is effectively that you're not satisfied with the product. And as you said, such sort of conflict would not have happened in the first place, not because the dev would have had a different behavior (they would be the same, with the same characters), but because the customers wouldn't care about.

So all this drama about the dev behavior is nothing but an indirect way of the customers to express their frustration of not being satisfied by the product. A smoke around the fire, nothing consistent.

The real question is why the product isn't satisfying some of the customers. Part is maybe the dev's responsability with some ankward decisions, but another part may also be unrealistic expectation of the customer in the first place.

#4036829 - 11/16/14 11:18 PM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

The main point is, that not only he, but many founders are very unhappy with what their money got them.
So there are many unsatisfied customers, the people whistling in the dark and pretending that this will be the last wwii cfs don't really count, imo.
Many unsatisfied customers are very bad for the business!
And to be honest, most expectations came from the, imo dishonest, use of the IL2 brand.

#4036847 - 11/17/14 12:33 AM Re: Ouch [Re: Rama]  
heloguy Offline
heloguy  Offline

[quote=AbortedMan]
The real question is why the product isn't satisfying some of the customers. Part is maybe the dev's responsability with some ankward decisions, but another part may also be unrealistic expectation of the customer in the first place.

Honestly, though, look at what is making people angry. It's not anything unrealistic. People want to have the "unlocks" or "field mods" or whatever you want to call them without having to gain XP in the campaign, and they want the graphics options back. Both of these things were available that way in the early access.

Are these unrealistic expectations?

I know there are more complaints, but these are the big two that started this whole storm IMHO.

Sim 1
I7 8700k
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
32gb RAM
Windows 10 x64
Samsung Odyssey
Fixed Wing: WH Throttle, BRD Black Stork, BRD F1 Pedals
Rotary Wing: Microhelis EC-135 Collective, Komodosim Cyclic (135)

Sim 2
I7 3770k
Nvidia GTX 1080
32gb RAM
Windows 10 x64
Oculus Rift
Fixed Wing: WH Throttle, VKB Gunfighter, Slaw Viper Pedals
Rotary Wing: Komodosim Collective (135)
#4036862 - 11/17/14 01:23 AM Re: Ouch [Re: Rama]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA

I agree with you, Rama, except for the part about unrealistic customer expectations. BoS is atypical in design. When Loft describes it he most recently compared it to Doom. Before that Call of Duty. I think customers had realistic expectations of a main stream flight sim, not some avant garde experimental game design.

I don't know how anyone promoting BoS can look someone in the eye and ask "What did you expect?" as if the design is typical of a game in the flight sim genre.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4036872 - 11/17/14 01:59 AM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Bucksnort, I would agree with you if your problem (4fps) is the norm. Is it? I dunno, but I don't have problems with both BoS and DCS. However, the loss of fps is not really a graphic preset problem; I would presume you'd have the same problem no matter which preset you chose, right? If so, I think they broke something else rather than just presets.

I have this same sentiment with DCS. When DCS A10C was in Beta, the view distances were much farther and the fps were smoother. Now, with DCS World, well, when I left it, the game would stutter each time a bomb hit and the player would have low fps no matter which way the pilot was facing. As a player that loved watching CBU-97s go in and wreak havoc (in beta and early release), not being able to look at my target from inside my cockpit from 10,000 feet AGL for fear of single-digit framerates was the last straw. I voted for DCS A10C with my wallet, but until DCS gets a serious overhaul, I'm not buying any more of their products.

With regards to unlocks, from what I've heard, it isn't hard to get them so what's the big deal? I know it can be annoying at first, but at least you only have to unlock them once and then you got them, right? Sorry if I'm missing the point here; I'm too busy having fun learning to fly without FLCS (F-16) and have not touched the campaign yet.

- Ice
#4036897 - 11/17/14 03:29 AM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

Well, I have to step in here. I've been gone for awhile dealing with some personal issues, but boy did I ever pick a great day to check the forums. You see, '777', in his ultimate self destructive wisdom, decided to throw me under the bus, and toss around a whole new batch of straight up lies. I am the one who invited him to my Boys birthday. Its me. We were friends, but over time I noticed things about him and his behavior that ultimately led me to no longer continue the friendship. Simple as that, I didn't need any extra stress, so I just walked away from the game, the community and the drama. I come back today to a lie that I released private emails to the community. This is a TOTAL LIE. Aborted Man and '777' kept at it for a few more weeks, but I had nothing to do with any of it. Though I did speak with AB from time to time about the drama, I told him I wanted nothing to do with the drama. So once again. '777' is trodding out some "woes me" BS story to further validify his hatred for the very community that he apperantly finds so repulsive.

My thoughts about him and his behavior are confirmed. Sorry '777', but you don't get just toss lies about me or anyone else about to garner sympathy.

Personal insults edited

Last edited by Murphy; 11/17/14 06:40 PM.
#4036899 - 11/17/14 03:33 AM Re: Ouch [Re: Hooves]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Hooves
Well, I have to step in here. I've been gone for awhile dealing with some personal issues, but boy did I ever pick a great day to check the forums. You see, '777', in his ultimate self destructive wisdom, decided to throw me under the bus, and toss around a whole new batch of straight up lies. I am the one who invited him to my Boys birthday. Its me. We were friends, but over time I noticed things about him and his behavior that ultimately led me to no longer continue the friendship. Simple as that, I didn't need any extra stress, so I just walked away from the game, the community and the drama. I come back today to a lie that I released private emails to the community. This is a TOTAL LIE. Aborted Man and '777' kept at it for a few more weeks, but I had nothing to do with any of it. Though I did speak with AB from time to time about the drama, I told him I wanted nothing to do with the drama. So once again. '777' is trodding out some "woes me" BS story to further validify his hatred for the very community that he apperantly finds so repulsive.

My thoughts about him and his behavior are confirmed. Sorry '777', but you don't get just toss lies about me or anyone else about to garner sympathy.

For reference, 777's post: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12881-discussion-about-bos-devs/page-2#entry201914

Quote:
How many here have been threatened with violence over doing your job to the best of your ability? Over a game? Over doing business with foreigners? Or how many here have had private emails you wrote at work blasted out on the internet by someone who invited you to their kid's birthday party? And then have blogs and articles written about such private comments? Or how about being called a liar, a thief or a scam artist on a weekly basis for only trying to make a product you yourself want to play? Or how about being threatened with a boycott or legal action when something is accidentally broken and out of your control due to another company's code? Or being called deceitful and evasive even though you have thousands of posts and emails communicating with your customers and dozens of developer diary entries and live streams explaining what you are going to do? Or how about someone trying to alter search results and Wiki entries to purposely harm your product and the company you poured your life savings into and years of your life building because you deleted a disrespectful post that breaks the rules of the forum? Or how about being forced to moderate a post or thread designed solely to embarrass or harass the developers and then only having the perpetrator cry censorship or call you a Nazi when you finally take action after the 900th negative post that says the same thing as the previous 899?

This is some of the kind of stuff myself, Loft, Han, Zak and everyone else on this marvelously dedicated team has to deal with and have been dealing with for half a decade now. It get's old and sometimes we've had enough. If you want just a PR dick who occasionally speaks to you from the balcony of the ivory tower with flowery language we can arrange it. But if you want us in here talking to you like regular people who deserve answers then you're going to have to deal with our frustrations as we have to deal with yours. Sometimes I think we have spoiled you by being too accessible and you know you can get our attention with the right amount of anger and disappointment. What other commercial sim team has ever been this close to it's customers? There is literally two dozen of us (half of which don't speak English) on one side and thousands and thousands of you on the other. Hardly a fair fight and unfortunately this is what sim development for us has come down to after so many years of hard, dedicated work. A God damn fight... how sad. We never, ever say anything rough to our customers unprovoked and without cause. We do push back sometimes because we are fighters and neither ROF nor BOS would be here if we weren't. Even if you don't like our design choices we should have a friendly relationship and no matter how hard we try to keep things civil, the tone of this community becomes adversarial and vitriolic towards us. The harder we try to keep things civil the angrier the community gets. If we delete angry posts we are #%&*$# censors, if we toughen up the forum rules we are dictators, if we ban obvious troublemakers we are branded anti-customer, if we ask for more positive, helpful attitude on the forum we are subversive, if we show the slightest amount of frustration with those that constantly criticize us we are abusive jerks. A lose-lose situation for us no matter what we do so why even try any more? And the worst part is when friendly users ask for more civility and positive vibes on the forums they are branded sell-outs, traders and "fanbois" and attacked.

We continue to make these products for the great silent majority that do enjoy our work and privately send us their suggestions, support and gratitude. Reasonable critiques are welcome and our forums are full of them, but the over the top stuff like I have posted above has to stop or guys from the team will eventually want to take their talents to another genre. No one wants to think their hard work is unappreciated and wasted time. This kind of stuff happens to other game developers too, but a lot of those guys can cry into their piles of money from that shooter they made or that F2P flying game no one seems to like but makes millions!?!?

Threads like this do nothing for the community except continue to divide it and stir the pot and blame us for whatever drama of the week. So I am closing it. I have chosen to give you a taste of what it is like on our side since there is so many posts about us as people. We just want to make a sim/game and sell it to you. Buy it or don't buy it, but don't try to ruin our lives over a game. For you, this is a hobby, albeit a passionate one, but for us it is our livelihood. We are paid to take it very seriously. Let us be the ones to lose sleep over bugs and missing content, everyone else go fly and have fun with your friends.

Jason

Last edited by Murphy; 11/17/14 06:43 PM.
#4036905 - 11/17/14 04:06 AM Re: Ouch [Re: lokitexas]  
RoFfan Offline
RoFfan  Offline

Holy crap!

The whole thing has turned toxic. If they would only back down and drop the unlock and xp, their founders would have what they want, and 90% of the animus would go away.

People have expectations if you want to carry the Il-2 title. What kind of reaction did they expect when they watered it down?

#4036906 - 11/17/14 04:17 AM Re: Ouch [Re: AbortedMan]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan
LukeFF, how is loki's post history relevant to the discussion/fact that Loft and Jason just damned the whole community to a future of poorly made products in an Internet temper tantrum of company destroying proportions?

Because he has a history of being hostile towards the development team, so it doesn't surprise me he would only present one part of what happened.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.