Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4035435 - 11/13/14 04:36 PM Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem  
Stankbeast Offline
Stankbeast  Offline

I am not sure this is in the right place so someone help me out here.

I have the problem loads of people have had where the game does not realise I have a graphics card much higher than the 128mb card its claiming I have. (Nvidia Geforce GTX 760)

I have a 1920x1060 resolution and the game looks blurry and changing the settings in the options does nothing.

My computer is not the issue, its the game. I have tried editing the Config file and it does not work. None of the solutions I have found on the net have worked for me.

Please does someone have another trick? I want to play this game

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4035491 - 11/13/14 07:31 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
On the main 'game options' screen, have you got 'Use Desktop Resolution' and 'No video mode restrictions' both checked? Seems like you may be stuck in a low resolution and IIRC, ticking one or both of these, was what fixed it for me. Sorry if that's one of the fixes you tried already!

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4035602 - 11/13/14 10:52 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: 33lima]  
Stankbeast Offline
Stankbeast  Offline

I have tried that but the game itself thinks I don't have a graphics card over 128mb. It does not realise I have a Nvidia Geforce Gtx 760.

On my device manager the only display adapter that comes up is the Nvidia card so I really do not understand why it can not find the corret graphics card frown

#4035622 - 11/14/14 12:00 AM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
I guess you already tried the fixes described here, including installing DirectX 9.0c:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10058.0

SF correctly detects and reports my 1gb 250 GTX but it's an older architecture card, although I gather newer NVidia cards can be fine with SF.

If you're not already running the latest (STA) mod, maybe disable all mods via JSGME, and then d/l, install and enable the STA mod, exactly as described here: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury. It incorporates some fixes that were in the previous 'unofficial patch' IIRC plus a fix for the 'widescreen bug'. A long shot but maybe there is something in there, that could solve your problem.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4035732 - 11/14/14 04:32 AM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

This is a common problem with Nvidia cards. I have the same issue although with my ATI this does not occur. It has to do with the different architecture of Nvidia gpus I guess. I just pourchased an Asus JM750 gaming laptop with a GTX860 M which is almost the laptop equivalent of your desktop gpu.I get the same message .However the game looks beautiful.I play at 1

Go to your Nvidia control panel and make sure you add the game to your 3d program settings so it does not default to the intel gpu which is probably the reason your game looks crappy. Also when you play set the power plan to high performance so the Nvidia gpu will automatically be the one used by the game. If you have Geforce Experience add it to the list of games and optimise it this will ensure that the Nvidia gpu is the one starting and activating your game. If you don't have it I strongly advise you to download and install it , it's very useful and practical likewise with ATI gpus I advise to use Raptr.

In the game video options menu make sure the use desktop resolution is checked as your gpu is powerful enough and that your resolution is set at the native res of your pc.

#4035911 - 11/14/14 03:56 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
Stankbeast Offline
Stankbeast  Offline

Updating the game with mods with no success.

I have Geforce experience however it does not find Steel fury, even if I set the folder for it to search for games as the Steel fury folder.

Just seems like there is no solution.

#4035992 - 11/14/14 06:57 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Unfortunately, I too am in the similar predicament. While it's very functional on my laptop, the top of the screen is cut off and I too get the GPU not strong enough message. I am running it at my desktop resolution and it looks great, sans the cut off screen and annoying error message. I did ensure the game is set to Nvidia rather than the intel GPU.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4036056 - 11/14/14 09:47 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
The fix in post #7 here may be worth trying if textures are blurred; there is also a manual fix for the 'widescreen bug' (cutting off the top of the screen) here too:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

Good hunting!

#4036162 - 11/15/14 04:11 AM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

Stank beast you are right GeForce doesn't recognize the game. However the Nvidia control panel does and believe me even though I have the same message I play the game at 1980 X 1050.

Go to your Control Panel and try my settings:

Here are the settings I use in the MANAGE 3D SETTINGS under Program Settings

Ambient occlusion = not supported by this application
Anisotropic filtering = use global setting ( x 8)
Antialiasing - FXAA = use global setting (on)
Antialiasing mode = use global setting ( override any application setting)
Antialiasing settings = use global setting ( x 4)
Antialiasing transparency = use global setting (multisample)
CUDAS GPU = use global settings all
maximum pre rendered frames = use global settings (use the application settings)
power management mode = use global settings ( Nvidia driver controlled)
shader cache = use global settings (on)
texture filtering - anisotropic sample = use global settings (off)
texture filtering -negative LOD bias =use global settings (clamp)
texture filtering - quality = use global settings (quality)
texture filtering - optimisation = use global settings (off)
threaded optimisation = use global settings (auto)
vertical sync = use global settings (use the application settings)
virtual pre rendered frames = use global settings (use the application settings)

Try them and make sure tha in your global settings are set under Preferred Graphic Processor= High Performance Nvidia Processor.

Good luck!"

Last edited by frinik22; 11/15/14 04:11 AM.
#4036177 - 11/15/14 05:51 AM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Does the widescreen application go into your mods folder or just installed into the regular game infrastructure? Took me forever to figure out how to turn off my download manager....got it now though.

Ok, installed the update in the appropriate folders and still no luck. So, just went back into the graphics settings and scaled back one level from desktop resolution. Seemed like the quick fix but it works and I can now read ALL of the messages.

Great game, graphically updated. Thanks to all that made this happen.

Matt

Last edited by strykerpsg; 11/15/14 08:37 AM. Reason: Found a solution

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4037130 - 11/17/14 06:09 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: frinik22]  
Stankbeast Offline
Stankbeast  Offline

Originally Posted By: frinik22
Stank beast you are right GeForce doesn't recognize the game. However the Nvidia control panel does and believe me even though I have the same message I play the game at 1980 X 1050.

Go to your Control Panel and try my settings:

Here are the settings I use in the MANAGE 3D SETTINGS under Program Settings

Ambient occlusion = not supported by this application
Anisotropic filtering = use global setting ( x 8)
Antialiasing - FXAA = use global setting (on)
Antialiasing mode = use global setting ( override any application setting)
Antialiasing settings = use global setting ( x 4)
Antialiasing transparency = use global setting (multisample)
CUDAS GPU = use global settings all
maximum pre rendered frames = use global settings (use the application settings)
power management mode = use global settings ( Nvidia driver controlled)
shader cache = use global settings (on)
texture filtering - anisotropic sample = use global settings (off)
texture filtering -negative LOD bias =use global settings (clamp)
texture filtering - quality = use global settings (quality)
texture filtering - optimisation = use global settings (off)
threaded optimisation = use global settings (auto)
vertical sync = use global settings (use the application settings)
virtual pre rendered frames = use global settings (use the application settings)

Try them and make sure tha in your global settings are set under Preferred Graphic Processor= High Performance Nvidia Processor.

Good luck!"

My Nvidia control panel also can not find the game! Its not just this game either, I recently installed War Thunder and that does not come up on the list either.

If I could figure out how to get Steel Fury to come up on the control panel list I am certain it would work fine but this is another problem I facing it seems!

I am furious, steel furious

#4037164 - 11/17/14 06:59 PM Re: Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 graphics problem [Re: Stankbeast]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Strange if you can't navigate to it using the 'Add' button ('it' being Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942/bin/rel/Shell.exe not Starter.exe) and then create the profile.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.