Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4030104 - 10/31/14 11:01 PM Quick Missions and AI Unlocks  
Dobby Offline
Dobby  Offline

Switzerland
After being not so impressed with the campaign, I tried the quick missions. Seems I can't have mods even for the enemy flight? I set myself up as a Bf-109G, and I can't have an Il-2 with a rear turret as an enemy, unless I get in the Il-2 instead and grind until can have the rear turret, so I can have an enemy with a rear turret?
Seriously?

(edited for topic title)

Last edited by Dobby; 11/01/14 12:25 PM.

Da lagen wir im grossen Krieg der Räuber,
Und drüben lagen die gleichen dreckigen Leiber,
Arbeiter wie wir, da haben wir gedacht,
Das ist nicht unser Krieg, nicht unsre Schlacht
#4030113 - 10/31/14 11:31 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Seriously seehearspeak

Welcome to the BoS XP Grind Gulag.....

Comrade biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4030130 - 10/31/14 11:59 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
swampyankee Offline
swampyankee  Offline

Coming to a console near you.

#4030153 - 11/01/14 12:49 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dobby
After being not so impressed with the campaign, I tried the quick missions. Seems I can't have mods even for the enemy flight? I set myself up as a Bf-109G, and I can't have an Il-2 with a rear turret as an enemy, unless I get in the Il-2 instead and grind until can have the rear turret, so I can have an enemy with a rear turret?
Seriously?

This is one of the reasons so many of us try to counter the positive spin put on the game by those with a vested interest in it selling as many copies as possible (they like it so they want enough sales to guarantee them expansions). They could care less if you end up with a turkey due to mis-direction. In my opinion.

They call it irrational hate. We just want people to know our opinion it's an arcade game more than a sim and not throw $100 down the drain.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#4030155 - 11/01/14 12:54 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

My opinion is not that it's an arcade game. That term is stupid hyperbole at best and makes zero sense.

#4030166 - 11/01/14 01:31 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Warmbrak Offline
Warmbrak  Offline

Western Australia
We don't call it hate. We just call it an irritating broken record as all these things are known to everyone by now.

We all know it is wrong, it is what it is until the developers decide to change it. Just move on and enjoy the game.

#4030186 - 11/01/14 02:38 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
swampyankee Offline
swampyankee  Offline

"I set myself up as a Bf-109G, and I can't have an Il-2 with a rear turret as an enemy, unless I get in the Il-2 instead and grind until can have the rear turret, so I can have an enemy with a rear turret?"

I'm not too sure Dobby knew these things. Until now of course, after he's spent his money.

#4030233 - 11/01/14 09:15 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: AbortedMan]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: AbortedMan
My opinion is not that it's an arcade game. That term is stupid hyperbole at best and makes zero sense.

Like you say, it's opinion. The difference is I keep my comments to the game. Calling another user's comments "stupid hyperbole" is a thinly disguised way of calling that user "stupid". My definitions, subjective or otherwise, are as valid as yours. And considering the level of the melt-down it's rather clear many others share my definitions. Enough that the game has failed and will end up like CloD; dumped by 1C. That's an opinion too.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#4030238 - 11/01/14 09:46 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
AbortedMan Offline
AbortedMan  Offline

Sure, but when you hamfist your way into a critique with those types of terms it makes it impossible to keep any discussion relevant.

It's the same as a 5 year old saying "BoS is poo poo". That's not anything anyone here needs to hear because there's nothing to gain from trying to decipher that as it's not going to afford you or anyone else any substance in conversation. Do you know what an arcade game is? The general definition that comes to mind is Galaga, Afterburner or PacMan...BoS is definitely not Galaga, Afterburner or PacMan. It just isn't.

If you mean you don't like the game because of simplified features, then say that. Hyperbole breeds the many arguments that we see in these communities that create the unneeded rifts. Also, the kind of tact I'm encouraging is the very thing the developers are lacking that's causing so many problems in the first place...just to put it into perspective.

#4030243 - 11/01/14 10:13 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

The terms are relative to the context of sims, not to comparing BoS to Galaga. They are thus entirely relevant. Particularly so when the devs/producers use hyperbole in their attempts to garner sales ("the best WW2 flight-combat simulator" etc). If you want to call a description of arcade "hyperbole" it's only hyperbole being used to combat hyperbole.

And how about if I paid people to go around sites posting negative reviews etc? Would that cause "unnecessary rifts"? Would that cheat as many WT simmers out of buying a game they would have otherwise enjoyed as the hyperbolic claims of "best WW2 sim" has suckered hard-core simmers into chucking $100 down the drain? The devs/producers dictated the terms of this engagement right from the start but have found it's been turned on them and is now biting them very hard. I have zero sympathy for them. They are reaping what they sowed and deserve everything they get, in my opinion.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#4030247 - 11/01/14 11:13 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
Hyperbole The word for 2014.

Mick. smile

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4030259 - 11/01/14 12:19 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Warmbrak]  
Dobby Offline
Dobby  Offline

Switzerland
Originally Posted By: Warmbrak

We all know it is wrong, it is what it is until the developers decide to change it. Just move on and enjoy the game.

I try. I followed the news here so I knew already about the "peculiar" impositions on the campaign. But that the unlocks are also imposed on AI flights is news to me and I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. I'm trying to enjoy what I have despite the shortcomings, and I think I can live with the campaign as it is with its non-immersive progression and the dubious unlocks, for the moment.
What really irritates me is that the unlocks are also for the AI flights (at least in the quick missions, but I suspect the campaign too). After the very,very unintelligent decision with the unlocks, they managed and botched a proper implementation of their own logic.
Restricting the AI flights to the same unlock level as yourself is akin to saying: sorry, no AI FW-190's unless you yourself buy the premium version, or: sorry, you can't join a MP server where people fly LA-5s unless you got the premium version.
So what I'm saying is they botched their own logic (I'm still assuming the unlocks is a try at replay value for casual gamers) with the AI restrictions, and I truly hope it's something they fix. It's what breaks gameplay for me and I might shelve it for it.

Originally Posted By: swampyankee
"
I'm not too sure Dobby knew these things. Until now of course, after he's spent his money.

I bought the alpha access early this year, so I was in for a surprise as any other early backer. I just don't have that much time so I only got around to try the finished product now.

And I would appreciate for people to please stay on topic, there are enough other threads to show general dislike or general enthusiasm for the product, this is about the AI restrictions, Thanks smile

And to say something positive: I had my first dusk mission yesterday. It was still light when I took off ("you have successfully took off", LOL), had a spectacular sunset. On the way back we came by an enemy airfield and searchlights came on an sweeped the sky. Later at my home airfield they fired flares to guide us in, when we got closer they started to light petrol fires along the runway and had trucks illuminating the runway threshhold with their headlights, and after taxiing to the stands there was ground personnel milling about. Those things where impressive and it shows what this product could have been.

Regards, Dobby

Da lagen wir im grossen Krieg der Räuber,
Und drüben lagen die gleichen dreckigen Leiber,
Arbeiter wie wir, da haben wir gedacht,
Das ist nicht unser Krieg, nicht unsre Schlacht
#4030344 - 11/01/14 05:59 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Warmbrak]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Warmbrak
We don't call it hate. We just call it an irritating broken record as all these things are known to everyone by now.

Jason called us haters in one of his post . I am so tired of reading the fan boy, this is the next IL2, greatest Flight Sim produced in the last 5 years, just get all your friends to support BOS it will get better , it will be the best if enough revenue is given to 1C/777. I and many other "hardcore" Sim fans supported (95$)them and look what we got , nice graphics attached to a half assed game. None of this will get them to change the blaring mistakes that are readily changeable right now (before updates 3 weeks ago, no unlocks, custom graphics). They will either drop their pride and make these changes or trudge on with their ignorance. Want to stop reading me posting the non hype truth about where BOS is currently? Then stop pushing the lies about how 1C/777 will fix everything if just given the funds. You have no garuntee that 1C/777 will change anything for the good of their own product. Judging by what I have read of the devs comments they are basically saying ,shut up and play our game. All you have to do is look at ROF, the Career-beta unfinished, unfinished FMs, unfriendly FMB. Lots of money was thrown at 777, customers buying everything,gifting like crazy and even offers to pay for completion, but all for naught.So why do I not just shut up go away and chalk my loss of money and my unhappiness with BOS up to experience? Because I can't stand to see the bold faced lies that await anyone whom is asking if BOS is good or not. Generally as soon as I see , "this is the IL2 successor" I feel compelled to share the truth so the prospective customer at least has some facts to base their decision on instead of a bunch of Fan Boy propaganda. So as long as the Fan Boys keep spinning their(mostly) BS, I will continue to post the facts about BOS that I have researched and experienced. How do I enjoy the game when the devolpment company who sold it to me took what myself and evidently a lot of other people were enjoying and changed it into its unenjoyable state? Mp,QMB and pretty graphics are just not enough to enjoy, and certainly not enough to call this an IL2 successor. I don' care whether someone buys BOS or not, I just don't want to stand by idlly and watch as they are duped into thinking this game is great, only to feel after their purchase that they have been misinformed and ripped off.

S!Blade<><

#4030422 - 11/01/14 10:08 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Guys the decision to include the silly unlocks was made in Russia - the decision to undo that decision will come from there as well.
My guess is that we're going to see exactly that in time. I can't imagine them leaving things as they are given the amount
of backlash thus far. Time will tell.

#4030443 - 11/01/14 10:59 PM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Good point Gambit. Funny the photo of IL2 on the first page....I remember the same arguments about the flight models from Russia....they were all wrong. Eventually they were corrected, but it took years.

Sometimes that's what it takes...time, and patience.

I doubt anything good would have happened with FB/HSFX/DBW, if IL2 was trashed in the beginning.

That's just one point of view of course.
And I didn't 'pre-buy' any game....ever. wink

"Murphy's Law"
#4030483 - 11/02/14 01:02 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Gambit21]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: Gambit21
Guys the decision to include the silly unlocks was made in Russia - the decision to undo that decision will come from there as well.
My guess is that we're going to see exactly that in time. I can't imagine them leaving things as they are given the amount
of backlash thus far. Time will tell.

Others have said this and I certainly hope you are correct in this assumption. I do want to say that I am not on any personal vendetta against BOS, 1C/777 or anyone on any Forum over all of this uproar. I honestly want to see BOS make the big turn around that it can and position itself to be the best Sim (notice I did not say game here! blahblahblah) that it possibly can. I have 95$ invested here just like many of you. The bashing does need to stop, BOS is not a 0, at the same rate the Fan Boying <---a Word? screwy needs to stop also, BOS is not a 10. If people would give an honest accounting for BOS as it is now, everyone would be more at ease and these stupid Forum wars, rants(I have had one or two rolleyes) and personal attacks would be less prominent. IMHO only, ( this is my opinion now, nothing else, no attitude here) 1C/777 needs to address the situation with one PR spokesperson(only 1) and address what has been happening over the past 3 weeks. The longer the situation is left hanging out there with virtually no response, the worse things will appear in the eyes of their customers. Whatever they decide, keeping BOS as is, changing BOS to appease the voiced concerns of customers or taking some totally new direction, at least their Customers could see what their position is, where they stand on the future of their product and most importantly, that they care about what is happening and that they are not just going to stick there head in a hole in the sand and hope this all blows over and that Unicorns start Farting Rainbows again(it ain't going to happen, rest assured rolleyes ). To me personally, this is a Dire need if BOS is going to evolve, otherwise things look to tear themselves to peaces and take with it a lot of hard work and future potential. Now is Critical, not 6 months from now.

S!Blade<><

#4030527 - 11/02/14 04:17 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Gambit21
My guess is that we're going to see exactly that in time. I can't imagine them leaving things as they are given the amount of backlash thus far. Time will tell.

True. Hopefully that decision will be sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted By: Murphy
Good point Gambit. Funny the photo of IL2 on the first page....I remember the same arguments about the flight models from Russia....they were all wrong. Eventually they were corrected, but it took years. Sometimes that's what it takes...time, and patience. I doubt anything good would have happened with FB/HSFX/DBW, if IL2 was trashed in the beginning. That's just one point of view of course.
And I didn't 'pre-buy' any game....ever. wink

Also true. The first game I pre bought was BoS. Then DCSD WWII.. so I won't be doing it again either.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4030533 - 11/02/14 05:22 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
What was the problem with DCS WWII Bearcat?

From what I've heard it's a good sim, but only lacking a good map.
That was to be forthcoming....when it came, I was thinking of going all in.

Is there more I should know?....hate to go off topic, but that would be a minor infraction in this forum...lol...

"Murphy's Law"
#4030541 - 11/02/14 06:03 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Murphy]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Murphy
What was the problem with DCS WWII Bearcat?

From what I've heard it's a good sim, but only lacking a good map.
That was to be forthcoming....when it came, I was thinking of going all in.

Is there more I should know?....hate to go off topic, but that would be a minor infraction in this forum...lol...

Its looking solid. ED did a good thing in picking up the pieces of the mess it was and the money people dropped on it.

Aside from the map which will be coming (Normandy) with the EDGE engine, I dont see the issues with it. Great lineup for late war battles. Of course the user made stuff will come out right after that.

#4030543 - 11/02/14 06:07 AM Re: Quick Missions and Unlocks [Re: Dobby]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Good to hear smile

I'll wait for the reviews, the European map, and watch the DCS forum.
But I like what I see so far.....and FB/HSFX/DBW can only last so long.... wink

Thanks for the info lokitexas, appreciate it.

"Murphy's Law"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.