You can configure your EECH game to send IP address to masterserver, so anyone will be able to connect to your game and see it in public list. Also, you will get IPs of other sessions and be able to connect to them.
- in EECH.INI change usemaster value to 1, pss value to eech.online ; you can use usemaster=2 so you will see someone's game, but your own will not be posted to the public list.
- in game Options / Multiplayer section set Connection to Internet TCP/IP, IP Address field can be blank
- if you have network router or ADSL modem (in Router mode, not Bridge), you should configure it's firewall to forward ports 2300-2310 and 1375 to your PC (information about ports forwarding you can find in your device documentation)
- if you have firewall installed and active in Windows, be sure ports 2300-2310 are in the exceptions, or you can disable firewall while EECH game in the process
- recommended to set default DNS servers as: IPv4 188.8.131.52 , IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google Public DNS)
- possible issue - if you open Options page once, there will be no connection with masterserver after that; if you need to change anything at Options page you'll need to restart game before start game or connect to others sessions
When you start Campaign or Skirmish game, it will be added to masterserver's public list. To see sessions that active right now, go to Multiplayer section of Skirmish or Campaign screens. Same list available on website page at http://eech.online/masterserver/
* if this page not available, masterserver is probably down, try again later.
Sometimes client's requests can't reach masterserver even if it's available (you can see active sessions on website, but they don't appear in the game, or your game wasn't added to the list). Try to restart game and check it again.
When someone's game was found, it appears in the list of available missions in red color. After you click on it - game freezes because network configuration update happen, after it finished - another string appears in green color with detailed information about this session. If not - in most cases some problem in your or server's firewall configuration exists.
You can use simple Windows gadget that upload servers list every minute and make sound notification if servers number was changed. No configuration available. You can install it on Windows 7 without problem, Windows 8/10 users should install Gadgets Revived application first (can't say how safe it is, use on your own risk).Download Windows gadget