You can make your EECH game send server's IP address to masterserver
, so anyone will be able to connect to your game and see it at public list. Also you will get IPs of other servers and be able to connect to them.Game configuration:
- in EECH.INI change usemaster
value to 1
value to eech.dsl-komi.ru
- in game options / Multiplayer section set Connection
to Internet TCP/IP
, IP Address field can be blank
- if you have network router or ADSL modem (in Router mode, not Bridge), you should configure it's firewall to forward ports 2300-2310
to your PC (information about ports forwarding you can find in your device documentation)
- if you have firewall on your PC be sure ports 2300-2310
are in the exceptions, or you can disable firewall while EECH game in the process
- recommended to set default DNS servers as: IPv4 18.104.22.168
, IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8888
(Google Public DNS)
- possible issue - if you open Options page, there is will be now further connection with masterserver; if you had to change anything at Options page try to restart the game before create or connect to others sessions
now, if you will start Campaign or Skirmish game, it will be added to masterserver's public list.
to see what sessions are active right now, go to Multiplayer
section of Skirmish or Campaign screens. also same list available like web page at http://eech.dsl-komi.ru
* if statistics web page is unavailable - masterserver is down or it's IP hadn't updated yet, try later
sometimes client's requests can't reach masterserver even if it's available (there is active sessions on the web page but they don't appears in the game, or your game wasn't added to the list). try to restart game and check it again.
when someone's game was found, it will appear in the game in red color. after you click on it - game freezes updating network configuration, after that another string appears in green color with detailed information. if it not appears - there is problem in your or server's firewall configuration.
I made simple gadget that upload servers list every minute and make sound notification if servers number was changed. there is no any configuration. you can install it on Windows 7 without problem, Windows 8 users should install Gadgets Revived
application first (can't say how safe it is, use on your own risk).DOWNLOAD