Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4028857 - 10/29/14 02:08 PM Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can!  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4028902 - 10/29/14 03:43 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
Thanks MP,

However I am not at my gaming computer and would be for another 10 hours. Hope someone else can post the link on another forum before it is closed and deleted. I do not know how to post a link to the file or if that is allowed on this forum.

Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
#4028905 - 10/29/14 03:53 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

Here you are:

"Salute from Soviet Russia!

Today one of our pilots (Myxxamop) find the way to use custom settings for graphics.
For that download this archive (https://yadi.sk/d/b32feMgUcKvWS) and extract files to ../IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data directory.
After that drag and drop file Scripts.cfg on unGTP.exe, wait few seconds and go to new folder ../IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\(null)\luascripts
Open gpresets.cfg with notepad.exe and change options (i hope you know how). Save changes and copy this file to ../IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts
Enjoy...

Excuse my english, please.

Oh... I'm forgot. Probably tomorrow devs close this backdoor :-(
They said so."

But note the last paragraph...

Last edited by ami7b5; 10/29/14 03:56 PM.

If you're close, get closer.
#4028910 - 10/29/14 04:04 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Still need a guide up regarding what changing the numbers in notepad means

yeah you can walk the dog from preset to preset and make inferences....but has this been done someplace else already?

And if as noted the Dev's close this "backdoor"...so be it...yet another nail in a coffin of their own making. These guys need to transfer theater's...I suggest Battle of Okinawa would be more appropriate to their mentality in treating the sim crowd

That way we can understand their Kamikaze zealotry to destroy themselves and the Il-2 brand

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4029161 - 10/30/14 03:34 AM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
swampyankee Offline
swampyankee  Offline

No worries they were quick to fix the backdoor.

#4029204 - 10/30/14 07:43 AM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
wow.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4029225 - 10/30/14 10:03 AM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Can't you just circumvent the BoS presets by forcing dedicated application profiles in the nvidia and AMD/ATI control panels?!
Slightly more cumbersome than if it was directly in-game, but no need to mess with fancy hacks in text files.

#4029410 - 10/30/14 04:32 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline

I for the life of me don't understand the reason this thing is so LOCKED down ?
Its Like 1C is scared that a mod group may help BOS in the future ??

They abandoned CLOD and said nothing more could be done and TF saved that..
I wonder if they feel that since that made them look like the Pathetic company that 1C is,, that they don't want to risk that happening again ?

That's the Only thing I can come up with as to why all the options have been Stripped from BOS in just about every way possible.

Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4029414 - 10/30/14 04:40 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

They have previously stated that they do not think their community is smart enough to understand what the best graphic settings are for their computers and they didnt want to deal with a bunch of support tickets from people complaining about graphic features not working. SO they disabled the custom settings. (which actually were in game and worked nicely during the beginning of the alpha.)

#4029415 - 10/30/14 04:40 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
VF-2 John Banks Offline
VF-2 John Banks  Offline

Berlin, Germany
There was a client update today. I guess it includes the "fix" for the above mentioned workaround?

Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air)
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP)
ASUS Z97-C motherboard
ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe
2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM
ANTEC PSU (750W)
Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32)
Win 7 Home Pro (64bit)
240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3)
TrackIR4 Pro
HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod
SIMPED F-16 Pedals
SAITEK Throttle Quadrant
A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
#4029429 - 10/30/14 05:16 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
I don't think for a minute that locking this game down, has anything to do with fear of technical support issues. They can get those as it is with the presets.

Locking it down, along with locks on skins, loadouts, and XP are all part of design decisions to shift the market into a "farmville" model or for sim players - War Thunder (and I am well aware that WT provides more options for graphics customization than BoS -- but the larger theme here with BoS is controlling how you experience the game and herding people towards a micro-transaction game model.

These are economic decisions based upon a social engineering bet. They are betting that if they make it shiny enough that they can bring more people into a locked down micro-transaction grindfest then they could with the older more open model of IL2 and IL2COD...and for that matter maybe even ROF.

The imperious attitude by the Devs is plain to see...they run polls just to provide the appearance of listening..while cracking down left and right on any meaningful attempt to depart from the model they have in mind.

There is an old saying that applies here in spades

Believe nothing that your hear (read)
And only half of what you see

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4029438 - 10/30/14 05:31 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Mysticpuma2003 Offline
Mysticpuma2003  Offline

Birmingham, UK
If you check out this similar thread at the ATAG forums, about half-way down the first page you can see examples of the graphics with custom options enabled smile

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13587

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2yjr679.png[/img]
#4029442 - 10/30/14 05:37 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Can anyone confirm that the fix today disabled this workaround?

#4029447 - 10/30/14 05:41 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Wow. If that bet theory is true, it's not a bet I'd want them to win, but that's like saying I don't want this game to succeed. I don't want to have to assume this stance but not much choice. Damn it! We'll see what happens.

#4029453 - 10/30/14 05:46 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
I wonder if they are heading toward a console release but want to test the waters out to see if there is interest by the casual gamer. Maybe with the combined PC/console market it would be a genre that publishers would back because it would be profitable. Hence we get the restricted options and minimalist campaign and all the other flotsam and jetsam that are in this game.

#4029466 - 10/30/14 05:56 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Master]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Master
Can anyone confirm that the fix today disabled this workaround?

Yes...they "fixed" the backdoor according to someone on ATAG

Bish,

I want the "next version of Il2" as bad as anyone else does here

But I'm not giving these guys one more penny based upon how I see them having hijacked the goodwill of the longtime Il2 community who funded them and have now been given that community a game that radically departs from all that made IL2 such a success.

There may be a culture and design/biz model war in this Dev team between Jason and Loft...who knows...but the direction this thing took a few weeks before release with the imposition of locks for Founders as well as the lack of SP, etc, etc...means that if they succeed here (locks, XP, tightly controlled servers and prospects for 3rd party content)...then WWII flight simming as we have known it with IL2 thru IL2 COD will be dependent upon the likes of TF...because this 777/1C lash-up is going in a direction that very few longtime players in this genre approve of.

Last edited by SkullBiscuit; 10/30/14 05:56 PM.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4029470 - 10/30/14 06:05 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: knightgames]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: knightgames
I wonder if they are heading toward a console release but want to test the waters out to see if there is interest by the casual gamer. Maybe with the combined PC/console market it would be a genre that publishers would back because it would be profitable. Hence we get the restricted options and minimalist campaign and all the other flotsam and jetsam that are in this game.

That's War Thunder right there -- they have console versions out.

So yes...they could be thinking this, but you don't beat an entrenched market incumbent (War Thunder) by providing your customer with less while charging them more. Business 101.

If these guys really think they are going attract more than a tiny fraction of the WT crowd they are deluded.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4029488 - 10/30/14 07:23 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
Desode Offline
Desode  Offline

Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
Originally Posted By: knightgames

That's War Thunder right there -- they have console versions out.

So yes...they could be thinking this, but you don't beat an entrenched market incumbent (War Thunder) by providing your customer with less while charging them more. Business 101.

If these guys really think they are going attract more than a tiny fraction of the WT crowd they are deluded.

SkullBiscuit,,,There is More to this then you know,, When 1C Screwed over Gaijin with Il2 BOP ,,that's where this all started and where its coming from and where its going.
There was a Big falling out between the two because as I said before in other threads,,Gaijin wanted to support their fan base with changes and fixes but Since 1C owns the Il2 license they would not pay for Gaijin to make Updates to support what the Sim Oriented Base wanted changed.

1C was Against red outs and Black outs and FM tweaks !
Gaijin wanted to update all these things for the fan base and release the fixes on Console for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey.
Since this was a licensed 1C il2 game , 1C refused.

Gaijin said fine then, we will pay for at least a update to the ps3 version out of our own pockets !
So all the Dev team chipped in their own individual money to pay for that update. A update which added in Fm Changes and Red Outs and Black outs, PC Flight Stick Support and other things that the Full Sim game Mode Community wanted.

Then 1C got even more upset,,,but gaijin was smart enough to know their contract.
Lucky for Gaijin they had in the contract that it was still their work and that they could take the work and use it under another published name and leave 1C with their work intact..

That became WOP on the PC,,, But the Current game engine ( Dagor Engine ver 1 ? ) had reached it's limitations and they couldn't create a FMB under that build.
The PC crowd got upset over that and Gaijin went and moved on to WT with the Same Core build which had close to 100 FMs from the 1C Original Il2 1946 planes set.
I can Only Imagine How STEAMING Mad 1C was !!! because in all honesty Gaijin came out of it better off.

Hence,, I don't believe for a minute that Jason and 777 studios had any clue what was going on when they got involved in this mess ! they had a working relationship with 1C when they joined to further publish ROF,, but at that point in time ROF had been pretty Much completely created already.
So you see, 1C did basically the Exact Same thing they did to Gaijin with 777 on the BOS venture !
Difference is that 1C had Developers in the Mix during the creation of BOS and they also held the Il2 License over 777's heads !

That's what this is all about ! I would bet everything on that too.

1C is the Most Greedy and Backhanded publishing company in the PC arena.
They don't give a Damn about who they hurt or what their fan base wants.
They will step on anyone's throat to make a Buck !

So there is some background on that, and when you add that into the mix you then start to see why BOS is what it is and why it is going where it is going !

It's HONESTLY time to let the Il2 name Go !
Let's be honest here,, it's just a franchise name, and we need a Developer that can make what the Sim crowd wants and needs but just under another name.
Let 1C go down in flames to where they deserve to be, which is a Fiery Pit of Ruin !
How many times will we let them use the Il2 Franchise name to rip us all off and screw everyone over ???

Most gamers will never hear this story and they will never know what kind company 1C is,, but for those of you that do read this,, remember it and take it to heart.

1C does not deserve another dime from any of us EVER AGAIN..
They just keep dangling the Il2 franchise name in front of us and take our money and then Screw over everyone that was involved in that current Il2 title all the way down to the consumers.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4029496 - 10/30/14 07:33 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I found it interesting that not enough people commented on how inaccurate a name Il-2: Cliffs of Dover was as there were no Il-2s nor ANY Russian WWII planes in it.
Oleg had his Storm of War: Battle of Britain name yanked as release neared and it made no sense--except that some suit decided they needed to milk the Il-2 name for all it was worth.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4029509 - 10/30/14 07:54 PM Re: Graphics presets a thing of the past....get them.while you can! [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Quite the post Desode. Interesting read

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.