Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4026851 - 10/24/14 09:19 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Desode]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Desode
Bearcat99,,, I just don't understand why they couldn't at least have made everything unlocked for the Founders ???
Would that not have eliminated over half of these complaints ?
There is no doubt that the majority of people that put down the founder money didn't want to deal with ANY unlock BS.
In All Honesty they could still do that and make a Lot of people that invested their hard earned money in this project way more happy !!!
I Don't understand any reasoning that would say not to do this..
People that gave there support from the start , should not have to deal with ANY Unlock.

Sincerely Desode

That too.. You are preaching to the choir man.. I would have preferred the unlockls in the campaign only.. as in if you chose to run the campaign you have to unlock everything. That would not have mattered to me because I just don't care for campaigns.. and I have tried several.. since The Aces Expansion Pack .. but they just don't move me. Plus for me time is a factor... so when I want a quick fix I just boot up IL2.. but I am planning to start that campaign this weekend just to get it done and give it a go. That is not the only issue I have with BoS... I would have preferred a skinning system on the same order as IL2.. also a network system.. but that is not what we have and while those things not being here disappoint me.. they still do not make the entire sim War Thuderesque and a waste of money. The FMs are still good .. the DMs are still good.. the physics modeling is fantastic, the sounds are good.. the quick mission generator is ok by QMB standards.. If I had my way about it we would have a sim that was a lot like a modded IL2 but with even better everything. Heck I was disappointed that I can't make my own pilot skin. It was not a priority to the last 3 sim developers but it is important to me... I totally get the disappointment thing.. but there is more right with BoS than wrong.. the fact that if they took off the unlocks tomorrow a lot of folks would be happy says that to let that one thing kill it for you is like tossing out the baby with the bathwater because he peed in it..

Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit

That's too simple and fair....and ignores the long running undercurrent of authoritarianism in Russian culture..
THAT particularly odious aspect of Russian culture has manifested itself in spades with this Dev team
Now get back to Grinding....Comrade!

Wow... sigh

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4026856 - 10/24/14 09:37 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99

Wow... sigh

This attitude of "our way or the highway" is going to kill these guys surer than running naked through a Siberian Winter

They are exactly the opposite of Oleg and his inarguable success in making a platform that could be played any number of ways

And as far as the Russian predilection for authoritarianism...well....read some history! .... and now Putin!! reading

Last edited by SkullBiscuit; 10/24/14 09:38 PM.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4026863 - 10/24/14 09:51 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
AnKor Offline
AnKor  Offline

Russia
They are exactly the opposite of Oleg and his inarguable success in making a platform that could be played any number of ways
And as far as the Russian predilection for authoritarianism...well....read some history! .... and now Putin!!

Ahem... And which country are Oleg and Ilya from? smile

#4026874 - 10/24/14 10:21 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

Wow... sigh

This attitude of "our way or the highway" is going to kill these guys surer than running naked through a Siberian Winter
They are exactly the opposite of Oleg and his inarguable success in making a platform that could be played any number of ways And as far as the Russian predilection for authoritarianism...well....read some history! .... and now Putin!! reading

Are you friggin kidding me? What alternate universe revisionist world are you living in. Look man I was there.. I was a moderator at UBI and I can tell you that Oleg and Ilya were not the paragons of listening to customers that you suggest and as good as that team was at delivering.. and they were and they did.. they still caught hell from a spoiled, unruly, disrespectful, pedantic mob of gimme gimme gimme jerks. While there were may who respected and appreciated the work that iCMaddox put into IL2 there was a small but very vocal, rude and nasty crowd that was never satisfied, always bitc#ing about something and they were relentless. Do you not remember "You is wrong.." ? or the whole mess about the stupid bar, trim on a slider and I could go on. This team is not going to fall for that and I respect them even more for that right or wrong. Theyhave a plan and they are going to work it. They will bend when and where they can but not cowtow to a vocal crowd. Yes Oleg and team had a hiot with IL2 and from day one I have always said.. and you can find this across multiple forums ... IL2 should be the template for how it is done.. In this case (Bos) it isn't .. not completely.. but BoS is a good producty.. let me ask you this.. have you flown online lately? Since the release? If you haven't you should. Even if you haven't touched the campaign to "grind" ... go online... and fly.. tell me what you find.

#4026886 - 10/24/14 10:48 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

.. from a spoiled, unruly, disrespectful, pedantic mob of gimme gimme gimme jerks...

oh ok, now I see why you have such a hard time reading critisism for the Product.

#4026891 - 10/24/14 10:59 PM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Wow!

Last edited by Rivet; 10/24/14 11:00 PM.
#4026938 - 10/25/14 12:33 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: AnKor]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: AnKor
And as far as the Russian predilection for authoritarianism...well....read some history! .... and now Putin!!

Ahem... And which country are Oleg and Ilya from? smile

yeah yeah...I know but.....so was Solzhenitsyn and Gorbachev....

Every country has it's authoritarians...but Russia has a rather unique and long storied history of knowing how to do Authoritarianism right! skullhead

</sarcasm>

But not to diverge into politics

The divergences between what the BoS platform is...and the speculation vs what it could become are still far short of what IL2 WAS.

Oleg never had nor would have introduced the XP Grind! The Unlocks!...and this is more than a simple "feature" of this platform with these guys...it seems to be a very conscious and integral decision in how they see their business model unfolding with this sim turned game.

This aping of WT...I'll say it again! This APING of WT...is the crossing of the Rubicon for these guys...whatever benefit of the doubt I may have been inclined to give them regarding this or that within the platform....the IL2 brand should never have been used to wheel in a Trojan Horse WT Grindfest!

I paid full up front Founder's cost so that they could lock down content and make me grind on through in a linear fashion one of the most excruciatingly boring "campaigns" within this vast teaming empty space (deliberate oxymoron) ever introduced into the genre???

No! What universe are you from that you think this is an OK deal!? Where were you then vs where are you now when ostensibly you had all those "freedoms" under the old platforms with plenty of 3rd party content and of which you are seemingly willing to give it all up now for a shiney new locked down XP grindfest designed from pre-teens?

Last edited by SkullBiscuit; 10/25/14 12:36 AM.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4026941 - 10/25/14 12:37 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: bisher]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: bisher
I get single digit framerates and currently this game is unplayable for me

Yeah, I'm only able to run BoS using the FPS Limiter set at 30 (and this with Graphics on Low, AA off, and Sound set one notch above "off"). Anything higher and I get a slide show. With the FPS Limiter set to 30 I still have a slide show (2 to 4 FPS) on the ground, but then it picks up nicely at about 300 to 500 ft altitude. So its acceptable, but just barely. I have to use autopilot to take off on yaw sensitive fighters as I can't respond quickly enough with rudder input with the low frame rate.

I posted this on the BoS forum in the hardware section. The first reply suggested I was lying. But then some nice folks tried to help me but we couldn't find anything (my GPU and CPU were both only running at about 50% during the slide show).

So I've got some incompatibility with my AMD drivers and BoS (yep, already updated my drivers). I had BoS running much better with the Custom Graphics settings but I can't remember what I had turned off. Hope they will bring custom graphics back to the SP Campaign. I know I don't have a monster system, but it is pretty decent. I get 40's to 50's FPS in RoF with the graphics almost maxed out (also DCS and WOFF) so I can't figure out why this in BoS. I only own flight sims, but BoS is the first game to bring my system to its knees.

i5 2320 3.0GHz 12GB RAM
AMD 7850 2GB

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4026948 - 10/25/14 12:58 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:
Quote:

That's too simple and fair....and ignores the long running undercurrent of authoritarianism in Russian culture..
THAT particularly odious aspect of Russian culture has manifested itself in spades with this Dev team

Wow... sigh

One that lurk on Russian forum, based on Dev's leader answers will agree with this. blush

"No like unlock? Go play something else."

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 10/25/14 01:01 AM.
#4026949 - 10/25/14 01:01 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: theOden]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: theOden
.. from a spoiled, unruly, disrespectful, pedantic mob of gimme gimme gimme jerks...

oh ok, now I see why you have such a hard time reading critisism for the Product.

You do huh... Explain it to me please o all knowing one.. So I guess my own criticism of the product is what.. just for show.. It got so bad at UBI that Oleg stopped coming there.. and for what it is worth Oleg was just as stubborn as any other developer.. There is so much that we now have in mods that Oleg said was impossible and was not going to do.. but he did not deserve the reaming he got .. and it was relentless.. from some of the same people who made @sses of themselves on the yellow boards.. and on BoS.. and anyone who took a stance of "Hey we have a good thing here..." was labeled an Oleg worshiper.

#4026954 - 10/25/14 01:26 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

Bearcat99, I'm not saying that I don't hold out hope for them to do something in the future.

God knows, I have played the QMB a Good bit and I will probably always turn on the QMB from time to time.
I agree that the core of the game is very good, but I really do "Hate" unlocks.
I don't have the time to deal with them, and not being able to play SP with custom settings is also mind blowing to me.

I guess the biggest thing for me is that the game feels so LOCKED down.
I don't see any free community mods coming or any "Mission for today" goodness in the future.
Let's hope I'm wrong though and I'm holding on to some hope that they will do something.

I don't blame anyone, it was my choice to support this one with my money and that's what I did.
I had the money to support it because I have such limited time to fly it for unlocks.
It just feels to me like my issues with this game have closed the door on my desire to play it much.

When ROF's campaign hit and then the career with being able to fly through the entire war came out,, I was in love with that.
I will never understand how a team can make something that Great and then go to this.

The thing is I don't hold 777 responsible for this mess.. I should have trusted my gut more and done my research better when I found out 1C was involved.
That was my mistake because as Im sure you can tell from most of my posts any where on the web 1C is as Greedy and non caring about a fan base as a publisher can possible Ever be. I have seen that up close and personal.

With all that said,, I wish BOS well,,and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will be done for so many of us that supported this one and are now crushed over what they did to a Truly Great sim engine, but hope and faith are two different things ! LOL

I understand some of your points, yet you have to understand that I supported this one because of some of your points on the future of flight sims.
This is a small market and I TRULY understand that, hence they got my founder money to help it be made.

I will still try it some more, but I will be Very surprised if I don't fall asleep while wasting my time trying to get unlocks.

I still say while preaching to the choir , it would be a EASY fix to just give alll the unlocks to founders and to also let Admins control weither or not they want run a server with everything unlocked and no XP.

For me that would make a HUGE difference in my opinion.

Sincerely Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4026959 - 10/25/14 01:59 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I agree with everything you said.. an interesting thing though.. I just went online.. and i was able to get in an La-5.. and a IL2.. and a Yak.. so I think these unlocks may not quite be what we are thinking they are. They may be things like say for instance in the case of the 190.. gunpods.. but the basic plane you can fly.

#4026971 - 10/25/14 02:38 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Sokol1]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Quote:
Quote:

Wow... sigh

One that lurk on Russian forum, based on Dev's leader answers will agree with this. blush

"No like unlock? Go play something else."

Sokol1

And that is exactly what I am doing....while the locks stay on this game, I'll stay away from it.

Freedom! charge

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4026975 - 10/25/14 02:57 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I'm sure Bearcat would be just fine if he went into a restaurant, ordered two ribeyes, a bottle of Widow Jane Bloody Butcher, and they brought him a tofu patty and a schlitz. I'm sure he'd never suggest he'd been ripped off and would further recommend the establishment to all his friends.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4026980 - 10/25/14 03:23 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Airdrop01]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
I'm sure Bearcat would be just fine if he went into a restaurant, ordered two ribeyes, a bottle of Widow Jane Bloody Butcher, and they brought him a tofu patty and a schlitz. I'm sure he'd never suggest he'd been ripped off and would further recommend the establishment to all his friends.

Had to Widow Jane look that one up thumbsup

Not a bourbon drinker myself

But that metaphor captures the sentiment of the ole Tango Foxtrot rather well if I don't say so myself biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4026981 - 10/25/14 03:31 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
This is not a poor sim. At it's core it is a good stable product. There is questionable implementation of some of it's options or the lack thereof but the FMs and DMs have not been "dumbed down" just because they don't measure up to what some think they should be.

Bearcat, you might want to reconsider the FM portion of your statement above. I just performed everything you see in the video below in Expert mode in QMB to verify it. Unfortunately, the FM for the 109f is a cartoon joke. Not trying to be mean here, just stating the facts. There is a place for cartoon FM's in the gaming industry, but I'm disappointed to see them applied in BoS (at least on the 109f):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSuPW24wco

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4026985 - 10/25/14 03:53 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I agree with everything you said.. an interesting thing though.. I just went online.. and i was able to get in an La-5.. and a IL2.. and a Yak.. so I think these unlocks may not quite be what we are thinking they are. They may be things like say for instance in the case of the 190.. gunpods.. but the basic plane you can fly.

You are just as patronizing as Zak on the BOS Forum.(see picture)
You are telling me(us) this like it is something new? We already knew you could use all planes online without grinding, just not upgrades. BOS is not an IL2 successor plain and simple. It is a pretty game with absolutely no meat to it, and it is as non user adjustable as a game can get. It has absolutely no way of receiving user made content to use in the game as of now, and there isn't even a FMB ready to use to create any if someone wanted to. What is there now for a Single player is just a repetitive boring cobbled together sorry excuse of a Campaign. The MP doesn't even have a way to host Coops yet. So we are told, Wait on the future, support them, tell everyone to buy their product so they can make it the way you want it. That is a bunch of speculation right now and may or may not ever happen. The Devs have made it the way they want and they want to force the customer to play it the way they want. For me, if and when they ever do make it a worthy IL2 successor I may have a change of heart, but for now, they have made their bed, let them lay in it. If it succeeds, good for them, but if it doesn't, well then it is nobodies fault but their own. The disdain and now smug ridicule that several of 1C/777 team members have exhibited towards their very own paying customers(community) says it all. They don't have respect for their Customers. They have shown that they respect and value Fan Boys comments and are intolerant of criticism, even deleting numerous posts and banning Community members for legit critical concerns with the BOS development and content. Their professionalism in PR with the Community Customers on the BOS Forums is sub par, and they seem to think it is a joke.

I picture 1C/777 and you as door to door salesman pedaling a fine elixir that will cure all ailments, when all that it is in reality is a bottle of colored water with a little whiskey in it. My brother in law told me a long time ago when I was thinking of taking a job that was a small salary with the promise of a big commission every month, they could practically guarantee it I was told. He said, " never bet on the come, always insure the salary and consider any commission a Blessing if it comes." I have already invested in BOS(95$), and feel I received a game that was not what was promised, and that promise was a game that would bring new people into the genre and also make the Hardcore Sim fans like it as well(Lofts' words, see previous quote in my post). Well as of now, BOS, does not make this Hardcore Fan like it very much at all. Therefore, I personally will not promote BOS and I can not recommend for anyone to buy it unless they are looking for a beginners flight game with nice graphics. The cover art claim, " The Legend Returns!", is a flat out lie. Also, when I see excessive Fan Boyism, if I am compelled, like I am here, I will make sure to give a fair account of how I view BOS as a game. As to what Loft and 1C/777 do with BOS from here on out, that remains to be seen, but I will be watching from the spectators side, not the investors side.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 10/25/14 04:01 AM.
#4026989 - 10/25/14 04:07 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: KodiakJac]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

rofl =(

#4026997 - 10/25/14 05:10 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Whatever dudes.. I said my piece. You guys can go do whatever it is you want to do. No skin off my nose. I stand by what I said too. We will certainly see how this all pans out.

#4027003 - 10/25/14 06:08 AM Re: All this slagging of BoS?? Really..! [Re: Bearcat99]  
15/JG52_Genie Offline
15/JG52_Genie  Offline

Doha, Qatar
I have been a founder, payed 100$, and now even don't have any will to start the game.

How sad is that?
darkcloud

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.