Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4023467 - 10/16/14 11:28 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: KrustyvonKlown

WTF are you talking about? You're in here telling us that a 0 review for this game is completely reasonable.

Oh my….It's obvious your mind twists things in the way you want it to read. I didn't say a Zero for this game was completely reasonable…here's what I said:

Originally Posted By: Force10

Second…it's not your place to tell someone what the lowest score they can give a game is. If someone gets absolutely zero value out of the product at release and can give a reasoned review why they feel it was a waste of money…they can give it any score they like

Here's a tip….try reading first before you start spewing your vile.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4023479 - 10/17/14 12:20 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: Force10]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
I didn't say a Zero for this game was completely reasonable

Yes, that is EXACTLY what you said.

#4023482 - 10/17/14 12:44 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
I didn't say a Zero for this game was completely reasonable

Yes, that is EXACTLY what you said.

Nope. But judging from your comprehension skills I can see why they are marketing this game for younger kids.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4023499 - 10/17/14 01:38 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
LOL Right. You're not saying it's reasonable, you're just saying that it's not unreasonable. You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

#4023502 - 10/17/14 01:46 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Okay Klown enough of the paradoxical speakease, we've seen these veiled attempts at mind implosion before smile

It's a trap Force, it's a trap. Get the car! Get the car! smile

#4023506 - 10/17/14 01:56 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Just stop crying. The game is really pretty good, even if it doesn't have everything you were hoping for.

#4023512 - 10/17/14 01:59 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: bisher]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: bisher
Okay Klown enough of the paradoxical speakease, we've seen these veiled attempts at mind implosion before smile

It's a trap Force, it's a trap. Get the car! Get the car! smile

Yep…I'm done with this Klown.

(that's not name calling…it's actually his name…lol)

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4023556 - 10/17/14 05:22 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I agree that the OP is on the wrong track, but people coming on here with their STFUs and WTFs while telling everyone how good BOS is, is just a Fanboy ploy period. BOS still has potential, still has nice plane models, a good feel of virtual flying, a nice map and a decent Gui. But , and here is the rub, if the Devs keep up the, " we know better than you how to play BOS, and you are going to play it our way and like it and tell everyone you like it, or we will pull the plug on the whole project and you will have destroyed the whole IL2 Franchise", then this will drive their customers away in droves all by itself. This is evident in the no custom settings, no Mp upgrades without SP Campaign grinding, no adjustable campaign settings(pre sets only) and a QMB style Campaign Generator for the SP Campaign to grind in. I don't know about you, but I have been playing Sims for a longtime and everyone I own has given me as much flexibility to use the software the way I want to as they possibly could include. Now all of a sudden the BOS Devs know better than I do how I like to use Simulator software, and they want to force me to do as they say. This is so ass backwards that I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. If I could give any Simulator Development Co. one piece of advise that would put them in the drivers seat for any future Simulator they would contemplate to create, it would be.

Look at IL2 1946 and make an updated version, you would sell millions of copies.
1.Updated plane models and cockpits. Check, you did that, pretty much. At least present the vision of those planes you intend to create and install after a successful launch and sustained revenue input from it.
2. An Engine that can handle loads of static and AI objects. Do not model AI FMs with the same Fms as playable planes. Look at the old IL2 AI and try to improve upon it.
3.Look at the IL2 ME and improve upon it, more user friendly even, have a good number of preset templates, and most importantly, have it available early on so Forum members can Beta test it with you and debugg. Have at least 3 of the most popular maps from IL2, but preferably 5.
4.Keep the player setup usable options as open as you can. Give the player the freedom to use the software how he wants to.
5. look at the dynamic mission generators developed for IL2 and Falcon 2.0 BMS and improve them as best you can while still retaining the mission affected progression and real world immersion of a real time War going on around the player and the mission he is in.
6. Last, but certainly not least, create a Rock Solid MP Server setup that rivals Hyper Lobby, with the on board chat room able to host large numbers of players in each room. Separate the Coop and Dogfight Servers like HL, so that it is quick and easy to jump right into the area of your highest interest.

If a Developer created this Simulator based on WWII, it would truly be the next IL2, and carry on the Franchise that Oleg created.
Some may not want to read the Spoiler I have included, as it is completely MHO and is substantiated by nothing more that my experience in sim flying the last 4 years using the DNE. It is food for thought, nothing more. This is a critique of what I envision as the foreseeable future through my eyes.

S!Blade<><

Click to reveal..
BOS is not anywhere near carrying on the IL2 Franchise IMHO. Unless some break through is found to allow the ROF Engine(DNE) to handle much more than it can now, as far as objects and planes in game, and the ME is made completely user friendly and released to the public soon, then BOS will not be able fulfill the vision that is presented by 1C/777. I understand that BOS is still a work in progress (90% complete), but after seeing what the DNE can do in ROF(a beautiful world realized, but severely sparsely populated with active ground units, and/or active airplanes), and not hearing any great new break through in the development of the DNE, it has to make you wonder how 1C/777 could ever pitch this project as carrying on the IL2 Legacy. I know I was blindside by my own wishful thinking and ignorance of my own little bit of experience with ROFs use in PWCG and the Beta Career, and the limits imposed on them by the DNEs' capability. The great battles( size wise at least, again, number of objects active in a mission) that actually happened in WWII, cannot be reproduced with the DNE, except on a very limited scale. These missions can be fun for a while, but they cannot compare to shear excitement of encountering large opposition forces in battle, which is already available in some of the older simulators. I have carried hope that the Programers at 1c/777 would be able to modify the DNE to handle increased numbers of active objects in mission like other older simulators can. I have really hoped this would happen and be ported back to ROF, but I have read no evidence that this has happened. It is what it is. There you have my 2 cents worth on where BOS is and what I would really like to experience in a next generation Flight Simulator. This is not a hate message that carries any attitude towards 1C/777, It is simply my observation, experience and opinion of where things stand now for me.

#4023626 - 10/17/14 12:51 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Blade, have you put any thought at all into why no developers are developing your ideal game?

BTW, 2 is a terrible idea. The UFO FM's for the AI are the worst part of the old IL-2.

#4023633 - 10/17/14 01:11 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
I assume people commenting on the AI in 1946 have not played with the 4.12 patch.

#4023644 - 10/17/14 02:06 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

Blade, have you put any thought at all into why no developers are developing your ideal game?

BTW, 2 is a terrible idea. The UFO FM's for the AI are the worst part of the old IL-2.

Player FM's for AI eat up a ton of resources. It sounds great, but it severely limits what you can do as far as numbers of AI.

XP10 has the same problem.

#4023650 - 10/17/14 02:18 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: bonchie]  
nibbio Offline
nibbio  Offline

Italy
Originally Posted By: bonchie

Player FM's for AI eat up a ton of resources. It sounds great, but it severely limits what you can do as far as numbers of AI.

I don't like UFO AI. The smart way to do it would be to exclude from complex computations all objects outside a "player bubble" of given dimensions. Of course this could work well only for SP.

#4023651 - 10/17/14 02:18 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: bonchie]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: bonchie

It's better than the UFO FMs for the AI in IL2. That's why the AI in BoS use the same FMs as the human players.

#4023653 - 10/17/14 02:20 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: lokitexas]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
I assume people commenting on the AI in 1946 have not played with the 4.12 patch.

That would be my guess also...

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4023656 - 10/17/14 02:23 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Does the 4.12 AI use the same FM as human players? If not, then it's irrelevant.

#4023662 - 10/17/14 02:39 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Does the 4.12 AI use the same FM as human players? If not, then it's irrelevant.

I don't know. Its just really good and much better than the AI in BoS at the moment. But I'm not worried about that. I'm sure they can improve the AI in BoS. I'm concerned about the business model for BoS that lead them to build the SP Campaign for pre-teens.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4023674 - 10/17/14 02:59 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: KodiakJac]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

I'm concerned about the business model for BoS that lead them to build the SP Campaign for pre-teens.

The business model has nothing to do with it. Complex dynamic campaigns chew up lots and lots of development money. They don't have lots and lots of development money, so you got the campaign that they could afford instead. Hopefully they'll have enough money for a better campaign in the future.

#4023687 - 10/17/14 03:26 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Yeah I wouldn't bet on that.

#4023689 - 10/17/14 03:30 PM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: apoll]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
I'm sure people said that same thing about RoF when it was first released, and this game is in a lot better shape than RoF was in.

#4023995 - 10/18/14 04:07 AM Re: I Backed a Simulation in Early Access, not a WT-ish type 'game' [Re: lokitexas]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

Obviously KVK has not. That AI is well modeled now. I wish they would go work on ROFs and CLODs AI. DCS AI is also pretty decent sometimes.

S!Blade<><

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.