Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#4022170 - 10/14/14 02:33 PM Devs suffer complete mental breakdown.  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 10/14/14 02:33 PM.
#4022186 - 10/14/14 02:51 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I hope some news sites like rock paper shotgun pick this up. This is a pretty #%&*$# up thing to do. If our metacritic score does not get above 7 we will close down the whole game and shut down all the servers even though you all paid 100 bucks for it and the game is not even released yet. #%&*$# brilliant! I hope a site like Something Awful bombs the hell out of their metacritic score.

#4022211 - 10/14/14 03:48 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Master]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Master
I hope a site like Something Awful bombs the hell out of their metacritic score.

Yes, that's the answer. Since they're so upset their score is so low, drive it LOWER. rolleyes

When will people learn that these sort of spiteful diatribes do NOT get the results they think they do?

Here are the FACTS:
1. For good or ill, metacritic reviews are judged by a significant portion of the gaming public as a fair yardstick of how good or bad a game is and will be swayed by them.
2. BoS has not had enough people preorder to pay the bills.
3. BoS needs more people to buy the game once it comes out to survive.

Therefore, the apparent intended result of these people (to get the developers to implement changes to the campaign) is the exact OPPOSITE of what will happen (a total shutdown and no changes made ever) because it will stop the income.
Then, once it's dead and buried, they will be free to rage to an empty forum how they got ripped off because they paid money for something that got cut off--even though their own behavior directly contributed to it.

This is the EXACT same mentality behind those who say "you made me hit you" to their wives. THEY do the action but take no responsibility for it because they foist off the cause to an external party they can't control. Hostage takers will execute hostages when they don't get their demands met and say "you made me kill them, you could've saved them if only you'd done what I asked" as if their demands were perfectly reasonable and NOT complying with them was the unreasonable act resulting in death.

No one is saying you should post a glowing review for something you don't like. Yet what is the driver for posting the lopsided negative one? How about NOT SAYING ANYTHING. Who appointed them "guardians of the consumer"?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4022213 - 10/14/14 03:54 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
1. Sit on the edge of sofa
2. Bend forward
3. Grab left or right ankle with both hands
4. Lift leg, still holding ankle
5. Open mouth
5. Insert foot into mouth

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4022214 - 10/14/14 03:56 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

So you think it is ok for them to threaten their community (who have already paid money) by saying "we will shut down the game unless you raise our metacritic score"? Who is holding who hostage in that situation. They are basically threatening to shut the game down and make every person who has preordered lose their product unless they get a better metacritic score.

You basically condemned the people posting 0s for doing the same thing.

#4022218 - 10/14/14 04:01 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
shadylurker Offline
shadylurker  Offline

"So, if the user opinion shown by metacritic is what the community believes in, then we, as he says, will need to close the project this December. If their attitude prevails, if haters win and dominate over those who love IL-2 Sturmovik then the game is over - it’s out of the shelves, out of hard drives, out of memory."

Wow what the actual #%&*$#.

#4022224 - 10/14/14 04:15 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Jedi Master]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I hope a site like Something Awful bombs the hell out of their metacritic score.

Yes, that's the answer. Since they're so upset their score is so low, drive it LOWER. rolleyes

When will people learn that these sort of spiteful diatribes do NOT get the results they think they do?

Here are the FACTS:
1. For good or ill, metacritic reviews are judged by a significant portion of the gaming public as a fair yardstick of how good or bad a game is and will be swayed by them.

*Ill leave out your tasteless analogy of domestic abuse compared to a video game.*

1. Yes they are, and thats why there are negative reviews. That is how some feel about the game. Thats a direct response from development.
2. Jason stated with Early Access or not they were going to release the game. It was also stated there was no "kickstarter" needed for it, and the EA is not a kickstarter. So your "fact" about predorder to pay the bills is wrong.
3. Yes, then they should have decisions that make people want to buy it, and not hold customers "metacritic" scores hostage as an attempt to get postive reviews.

Just because you dont think the game is subpar, does not everyone else has to. This attempt just shows how sad and unprofessional they are acting.

Last edited by lokitexas; 10/14/14 04:17 PM.
#4022225 - 10/14/14 04:15 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Aladar Offline
Aladar  Offline

Fremont, CA
A threat? This isn't a threat, it's the hard truth.

Look, games like this cost money to develop, to fund, to keep servers going, etc. A lot of companies and publishers use metacritic as a yardstick. If their metacritic blows, you think a publisher is going to give them more money to continue to develop the game? You think they'll throw more funds at them to make new planes? How do you think it's going to look when it goes up on steam? Will anyone buy it? I've seen from the inside what a metacritic score can do for and against a game.

This is the hard truth of the power that metacritic holds.

It's not a threat. This is reality. And people who may be trolling or trying to destroy the games reputation because of some perceived slight need to get their heads out of their collective asses and realize these things have consequences.

This is just the first time you've seen a company throw in your faces what childish 0/10 reviews get you, and those metacritic reviews don't go away. They'll cling to the game like a vice, choking the life out of it.

#4022230 - 10/14/14 04:21 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Aladar]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Aladar
A threat? This isn't a threat, it's the hard truth.

Look, games like this cost money to develop, to fund, to keep servers going, etc. A lot of companies and publishers use metacritic as a yardstick. If their metacritic blows, you think a publisher is going to give them more money to continue to develop the game? You think they'll throw more funds at them to make new planes? How do you think it's going to look when it goes up on steam? Will anyone buy it? I've seen from the inside what a metacritic score can do for and against a game.

This is the hard truth of the power that metacritic holds.

It's not a threat. This is reality. And people who may be trolling or trying to destroy the games reputation because of some perceived slight need to get their heads out of their collective asses and realize these things have consequences.

This is just the first time you've seen a company throw in your faces what childish 0/10 reviews get you, and those metacritic reviews don't go away. They'll cling to the game like a vice, choking the life out of it.

Than maybe if they made better decisions they would have nothing to worry about. Problem solved.

Or you can go their route and make some really bad decisions, not listen to the feedback, continue towards the ice burg and not listen. Then try to do damage control with inflated scores campaigns, and threats of closing shop before its even released.

The first option seems better imo.

#4022231 - 10/14/14 04:24 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

Wow! Talk about the wrong move.

-C-

#4022234 - 10/14/14 04:36 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Is not for nothing that Oleg Maddox initial plans was "kill" the il-2 Sturmovik brand
for his failed second attempt...

#4022238 - 10/14/14 04:39 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

When some people organise a campaign to tarnish the reputation of a companies product I cannot see the problem with them organising a campaign for happy customers to share there good experiences.

There are no threats or claims that they must have a score of 7, simply the hard business fact that shortly before release, if a game gets a very public bad review it will have a have an effect on the future.

Spam and misinformation on a few forums are one thing but Metacritic, rubbish site that it is can affect public perception.

What would you do..say nothing and allow a couple of "gamers" affect your whole business, that is the problem with review sites like these..they have more power than they should

Cheers Dakpilot

#4022239 - 10/14/14 04:43 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
The thread just got deleted,however I did save it at page 3.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4022240 - 10/14/14 04:44 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: lokitexas]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

Here are the FACTS:

*Ill leave out your tasteless analogy of domestic abuse compared to a video game.*

1. Yes they are, and thats why there are negative reviews. That is how some feel about the game. Thats a direct response from development.
2. Jason stated with Early Access or not they were going to release the game. It was also stated there was no "kickstarter" needed for it, and the EA is not a kickstarter. So your "fact" about predorder to pay the bills is wrong.
3. Yes, then they should have decisions that make people want to buy it, and not hold customers "metacritic" scores hostage as an attempt to get postive reviews.

Just because you dont think the game is subpar, does not everyone else has to. This attempt just shows how sad and unprofessional they are acting.

My analogy was tasteless in a vain attempt to get you to understand. Obviously it failed, as always you switched it off without considering it because you didn't like it.

The only thing you have proved is that you still don't get it. Because you are right, any argument you make is convincing, and because I'm wrong, no argument I can make is. That is the only thing you understand. How does it feel to go through life believing you're never wrong, anyway?

You're wrong about #2. What I said was that if no one buys the game on release day, using only the funds they already received, they will not be able to run the game indefinitely. I did NOT imply that they needed those funds to pay for development UNTIL release. And they have not threatened NOT to release the game, but to shut it down a few months after release. THAT is the difference I was pointing out that you, as always, missed.

The fact that you think it's ok for customers to behave in a childish immature manner when they don't get their cookie with sprinkles AND frosting, and that's it's wrong for the company to ask people to say they still like it despite that, is troubling.

I will say it one last time as clearly as I can so even you can't miss it:
The fact that I disagree with an argument has no bearing on how I feel about the point it is arguing.

So if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to disregard everything I say as "he likes BoS and can't stand any negative words about it", even though that is 100% incorrect, go right ahead. Add it to the long list of things you're wrong about. A badly supported argument for something you believe trumps a thoughtful one against every time.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4022241 - 10/14/14 04:46 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Brilliant. Let the cover up commence!

http://imgur.com/BfMs7kQ

I've got page 4 sitting on my computer right now. The only thing useful on the page though is Jason's response.

Quote:
Jason_Williams

Producer

Posted Today, 16:51

The sky isn't falling. Loft was just saying that people who give a 1 just to spite us are doing this product a disservice and these kinds of low ratings may affect overall sales which, COULD potentially hurt sales and cause us to stop development. A we have always asked for users to give well reasoned reviews of our products on various websites. It's not fair that people with negattive opinions are the only ones who post anything.

Jason

Last edited by Master; 10/14/14 04:48 PM.
#4022244 - 10/14/14 04:50 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
DrZebra Offline
crash-professional
DrZebra  Offline
crash-professional

steppe
sometimes I think there should be a reality-TV show about flight sim development. I mean "Flavor of Love" has nothing on the fake drama here.

I bothered to read a lot of the critics, and hyped up green 10s are about as redicoulus as the total red 0s.

I mean a LOT of the voiced concern about design decisions like unlocks, missing Ju52s a gap between beeing true to detail in some regards but not others causing an inhomogenus appearance as well as ridiculus "you have taken off" messages are true. Or the fact that large bomberformations are not the engines forte.. The game comes at a hard price, and it should deliver and correct issues.

But a total 0? that is just silly, it is looking really really awesome and has some great mechanics and flightfeels. And the ai flies the real flight models...Really, not much other products in the same area there.

I find it amazing, that complex products like flight sims do so very good in some complex areas but fail so dramatically in some small project-management and code-structuring things. It is a good thing, wanting to appeal to non-hardcore simmers, but planing accordingly and make a clickable option box is really not that much of a deal.. just like in RoF: the pre-cocked guns suddently appeared because so many new casual players were unhappy they couldn´t blast away without pressing a key first and it was an unsolvable problem to them and then the rivet counters started a big discussion and all the wasted time could have probably bought a clickable option box like "default pre-cocked gun:on" easy. Is it that hard to understand or anticipate peoples reaction beforehand? It is not like it happens EVERY bloody time in EVRY bloody sim...

#4022247 - 10/14/14 04:55 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Surreal....

First....They knowingly licensed the IL2 "BRAND" for business and marketing purposes

Second ...they create a game that radically departs from what made the original great...with locks, lack of customization...it has been beat to death!

Then when people complain about that (there were/are a great many metacritic scores that point just this fact out)....that this is not the IL2 all of you remember..the "have it your way" that you loved...but the 777's "Our way or the highway" grind fest with micro-transactions just around the corner

Then Dev says....it really is our way or the highway..and you better get those reviews up or were taking the money and running

You can't make this stuff up!

Only in the rarefied world (and shrinking) of PC flight sims can you have such outlandish market breaking behavior...

One thing is for sure....these guys ain't Oleg....not the patience...the vision...the business acumen to keep your mouth shut when you might feel otherwise

Last edited by SkullBiscuit; 10/14/14 05:07 PM.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4022264 - 10/14/14 05:23 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Master]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
Brilliant. Let the cover up commence!

http://imgur

Why would you even save 4 pages of total gash?. And what cover up? Sheesh.

The way I read into it taking into account the language spin was that if the obvious negative reviews hurt sales which they might well do that they would probably have to cease development, this has been indicated from day one.

They might have gone about asking for help a little differently but ask for help they did, all this extra drama just goes to show what weirdos some folk are, I mean even here you get folk spewing their hate for a particular sim and on the games forums as well then probably go back to flying said game, where is the rational there?

A lot of pa lava about nothing really.

Mick. smile

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4022266 - 10/14/14 05:24 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Now they v cleaned it up and posted this instead:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11677-user-reviews/

This has the 777 Studios/Jason written all over it. Its a crying shame they are dragging the IL2 brand in the mud behind them.

If Oleg wasn't amongst us anymore he would spin in his grave.

Edit: Didnt see others already linked to the new and improved post.Thats what happens when you dont hit F5 before posting again after an hour smile

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 10/14/14 05:29 PM.
#4022268 - 10/14/14 05:25 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Dodgy move there, getting users to spam a review site with 10/10 scores to skew the results...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.