Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4013939 - 09/24/14 06:08 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Jedi Master]  
MACADEMIC Offline
MACADEMIC  Offline

Malta
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Ah yes, once again people insist there are only TWO types of sims. They are hardcore or they are arcade, and all it takes is the omission or change of one feature for them to declare "arcade!!!!!!"

As we all know, people either live in holes in the ground or mansions. We all drive either a 40 yr old Pinto or a new Ferrari. People only eat rotten dog meat or 5 star meals.

There is no such thing as anywhere in the middle.

The Jedi Master

Quoted for truth and style.

MAC

#4013950 - 09/24/14 06:42 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Jedi Master]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
Ah yes, once again people insist there are only TWO types of sims. They are hardcore or they are arcade, and all it takes is the omission or change of one feature for them to declare "arcade!!!!!!"

As we all know, people either live in holes in the ground or mansions. We all drive either a 40 yr old Pinto or a new Ferrari. People only eat rotten dog meat or 5 star meals.

There is no such thing as anywhere in the middle.

Well, not in terms of the campaign [sic] options at any rate.

S = k ln W
#4013985 - 09/24/14 07:52 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sokol1]  
_michal Offline
poly pusher
_michal  Offline
poly pusher

Poland
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Originally Posted By: HeinKill
As I jeard it, maybe I heard wrong, the aircraft and weapon unlocks are for those who pay less for the game? 'Premium' buyers get the planes and weps?

In SP campaign "unlocks" planes is for "Standard" editon owners. "Premium" have all planes.

You start flying in Bf 109F and based on earned "XP" "unlock" Ju 87 and Bf 109-G (video at ~7:10).

After, playing with Ju-87 or Bf 109-G you "unlock" his weapons upgrates and skins. Etc.

In the next fase you are able to unlock He 111... later Fw 190 (this if bought as standalone)... etc.

Probable 90% of Early Access buyers have the "Premium" edition.

What ones that bought "Premium" edition until specific have as exclusivity is the Sturmovik rear gunner, supposed for use in MP - what is unlock for "Standard" - plus some custom skins (selected by vote on forum) and the gold tag icon.

The polemic point in this system is, to use some Bf 109 gun pack or LaGG rockets in MP, is need "unlock" then in SP campaing, that lead MP crowd complain that they dont want waste time in SP mode...

But none of these "unlocks" are a win factor.

Sokol1

I am the Standard edition owner, and I regret I've bought it right now. I am a bomber aircraft fan and I've bought the game to fly the Heinkel exclusively, and now I have to unlock it? Seriously? If I'd want any XP grinding and unlocks I'd play War Thunder, it's cheaper.

Lesson learned, never preorder anything anymore from you. I'll wait for final feature list and sales in the future.

#4013993 - 09/24/14 08:09 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
No you do not have to unlock any plane you purchased. This is completely FALSE.

Jason

#4013999 - 09/24/14 08:32 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
No you do not have to unlock any plane you purchased. This is completely FALSE.

Jason

Is the HE111 a purchase plane or are you referring to just the 190 and LA5... which was completely unrelated to what he was talking about.

#4014006 - 09/24/14 08:39 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Let me state it again.

IF YOU BOUGHT THE HE-111 OR ANY OTHER PLANE AS PART OF THE STANDARD OR PREMIUM EDITION YOU CAN FLY IT RIGHT AWAY. THE ONLY THINGS YOU UNLOCK ARE SKINS, EQUIPMENT AND POSSIBLY CORRESPONDING MISSION TYPES THAT MAY GO ALONG WITH NEW EQUIPMENT.

WE ALREADY BUILT THE CAPABILITY TO UNLOCK PLANES, HENCE THE DAMN SCREEN IN THE STREAM THAT IS CAUSING THIS CONFUSION, BUT WE ARE NOT DOING THE UNLOCK PLANE THING.

Jason

#4014009 - 09/24/14 08:46 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Jason, quick question then to put peoples mind at ease, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY POSSIBLY CORRESPONDING MISSIONS? DOES THIS MEAN YOU CAN FLY THE HE111 MISSIONS STRAIT AWAY, OR DO YOU STILL NEED TO UNLOCK THE MISSIONS FOR THE HE111? THE PART IS A TAD CONFUSING.

Thank you.

#4014029 - 09/24/14 09:28 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: AnKor]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: AnKor
They did the same thing to Rise of Flight several updates ago. I never bothered with RoF campaign mode too much, but it was really annoying that if you want full-realism with external views the game punishes you by not awarding any points.

The difficulty settings in ROF only affect the points one can earn in multiplayer. It has nothing to do with career mode.

#4014031 - 09/24/14 09:33 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: lokitexas]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Jason, quick question then to put peoples mind at ease, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY POSSIBLY CORRESPONDING MISSIONS? DOES THIS MEAN YOU CAN FLY THE HE111 MISSIONS STRAIT AWAY, OR DO YOU STILL NEED TO UNLOCK THE MISSIONS FOR THE HE111? THE PART IS A TAD CONFUSING.

It means you can't fly ground attack missions until your plane can carry bombs and/or rockets.

#4014104 - 09/25/14 12:52 AM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: LukeFF]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: lokitexas

It means you can't fly ground attack missions until your plane can carry bombs and/or rockets.

If that is correct then why have an unlocked HE111? Whats the point? You have all planes unlocked, but still cant just choose to do bomber missions?

Its like someone sells me a car, but I have to drive a motorcycle around until they give me wheels.

#4014180 - 09/25/14 08:30 AM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I doubt you'll need to unlock "ground attack" missions for the He-111 (or the Sturmovik, or the Stuka, or the Peshka), it's probably something meant for fighter-bombers.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4014198 - 09/25/14 10:09 AM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
MadTommy Offline
MadTommy  Offline

IMO flight sims should be free from all unlocks & restrictions. Flight sims should be true sandbox games where the user decides how it will be used.

As a flight sim fan why would it be appealing to not be able to use a certain function of a plane until it is unlocked? If everything could be purchased it would make more sense. Is this the case? Can everything that needs to be unlocked also be purchased?

I ended up ploughing a lot of money into RoF, no need to grid XP points in SP....why not do the same in BoS?

It does sound like they are trying to please all and failing badly.

Very glad I never pre-purchased this. Luckily (for me) it has some very stiff competition that will keep me happy for years.

#4014218 - 09/25/14 12:01 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Para_Bellum]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
I doubt you'll need to unlock "ground attack" missions for the He-111 (or the Sturmovik, or the Stuka, or the Peshka), it's probably something meant for fighter-bombers.

Yep, probably you unlock some sort of "tank plinking" for the stuka only after you have unlocked the 37mm underwing pods.

Makes sense, in this context.
I really can't see this unlocking thing as a problem.

It's not like it's going to take 6 months of heavy grinding to unlock all the stuff...
Probably.

^
By this I only mean, ain't it a bit too early to cry wolf and being all scared about the future of flight sims?

Yeah it's a departure from most common games. So?
So it was RoF, so it was DCS, and so it was Steel Beasts.

There can be no advance without someone trying something different.
Will it be a disaster or a new renaissance? Who knows- the future us, probably- but I deeply suggest everyone to try and approach this with a little patience and an open mind.

It can't hurt that bad, isn't it?

Look, Elite (1984) was a deviation from EVERYTHING games were so far. No lives, no score- GASP! It also was MERCILESS! OMG!

And yet still- 30 years later there are so many people still loving it that a whole new sequel was not only wanted but it became reality.

Let's just give these people a little faith. I can't see anything that can't be eventually fixed somehow.
Ditching the boat does noone any good. As does stomping feet.

Few precious ones managed to argument their point without resorting to name calling and outright insults-
It can be done smile

Peace.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4014267 - 09/25/14 01:53 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Some people are willfully confusing themselves in order to be obstinate.

The idea that an He111 would be flyable but the bombs would be locked till some point is so supremely stupid it defies reply.
If it's not instantly obvious that you would be unlocking alternative loadouts for less common/late campaign missions, but that standard loadouts (like bombs on a bomber!) would be there from the start, you shouldn't be complaining about the lack of complexity in this sim because you are incapable of handling a basic idea.

I can imagine trying to walk one of these people through making a change to their computer over the phone.
"Go into Control Panel and change your desktop resolution to your monitor's native one and the picture will be clearer for your LCD."
"I don't see Control Panel on my desktop."
"It's under the Start Menu."
"I don't see it there."
"It's on the right side."
"Ok, I'm in it. I don't see anything that says desktop resolution."
"It's under Hardware and Sound."
"Ok. I still I don't see anything that says desktop resolution. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT TO CHANGE??"
"Uh, it's under display...it says 'screen resolution'?"
"But YOU said DESKTOP resolution." attack

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4014285 - 09/25/14 02:38 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Jedi Master]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Some people are willfully confusing themselves in order to be obstinate.

The idea that an He111 would be flyable but the bombs would be locked till some point is so supremely stupid it defies reply.
If it's not instantly obvious that you would be unlocking alternative loadouts for less common/late campaign missions, but that standard loadouts (like bombs on a bomber!) would be there from the start, you shouldn't be complaining about the lack of complexity in this sim because you are incapable of handling a basic idea.

The Jedi Master

So stupid, yet obviously does not defy a response.....you know since you provided one.

I dont think the main concern is a bomber without bombs. In response to Jasons post about ALL planes being unlocked, yet corresponding mission might not be, makes the point of having all planes unlocked moot. Thats where some clarity is needed. Dont have to unlock planes...ok...but still cant fly them in a mission until you unlock the missions by doing ______. Or is a person who just wants to fly HE111 missions able to from the start?

Again about the complexity of this game, its not complex, just a lot of really oddball decisions that make users scratch their heads. What happened to pick your plane, pick your load out and go fly the missions you are interested in? Instead bring up XP points and unlocks, and restrictions on what you can an cannot fly, and expect people that are into sims to enjoy and not question the arcade take on it? Come on now....

Last edited by lokitexas; 09/25/14 02:38 PM.
#4014303 - 09/25/14 03:09 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Quote:
I dont think the main concern is a bomber without bombs. In response to Jasons post about ALL planes being unlocked, yet corresponding mission might not be, makes the point of having all planes unlocked moot. Thats where some clarity is needed. Dont have to unlock planes...ok...but still cant fly them in a mission until you unlock the missions by doing ______. Or is a person who just wants to fly HE111 missions able to from the start?

Dude, you are making this way more hard than it needs to be. He 111s have bombs right from the start, so bombing missions are open for that plane from the very beginning. It's the very large, high-caliber bombs that are not available from the very beginning and must be unlocked. My previous statement, "It means you can't fly ground attack missions until your plane can carry bombs and/or rockets" was referring to fighters. That's it.

The idea that one could fly any of the bombers but would have to unlock all the bomb loadouts is utterly absurd.

#4014332 - 09/25/14 03:54 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Billy! Just fly over the target and wiggle around a bit to draw fire, command still hasn't let us un-weld the bomb bay yet! biggrin

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4014351 - 09/25/14 04:40 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sim]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:

The idea that an He111 would be flyable but the bombs would be locked...

Well this is not really a problem, one can start done RECON missions in then. smile

#4014382 - 09/25/14 05:35 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: Sokol1]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Quote:

Well this is not really a problem, one can start done RECON missions in then. smile

Come on, do you really think people fly the He 111 primarily to fly recon missions?

#4014429 - 09/25/14 07:09 PM Re: Dev Update 79 [Re: LukeFF]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Quote:

Come on, do you really think people fly the He 111 primarily to fly recon missions?

Hep... oops

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.