Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4013479 - 09/23/14 04:52 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline

Originally Posted By: KrustyvonKlown
Originally Posted By: Desode
Well, I'm NOT A Happy CAMPER !
I highly doubt I will even play the campaign now.
The main reason I say that is because of the only "Normal" or "Expert" settings in the campaign !

I won't play anything on Normal But I also won't wait for a Engine to warm up in order to fly a campaign mission.
I just don't have the time for that,, I am a grown adult with a life and while I will do it once in a blue moon,, it's not something I do in a flight Sim more then 1% of the time. I just don't have the time to do it.

I'm pretty sure that the engine is pre-warmed in expert mode.

I know it is in Quick mission right now , I just Hope that Holds true in the Final release, Yet I also Feel for the People that Want the Warm up time in there.

That's the Point of having Custom,, It lets everyone play the way they want to fit their style.

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4013486 - 09/23/14 05:17 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Well said Desode. My thoughts exactly.

I've followed this game (I refuse to use the word "sim" now) from the start with great anticipation and excitement. Now though, both the anticipation and excitement have gone. It just seems that with every recent update another option or expectation has been removed from the mix. Basically, if I hadn't already paid money for it, I doubt I'd even bother with it now.

Carry on down this path and there'll be very little interest on release, at least from simmers. Too late to change now of course.

No custom video settings, only presets.
No custom game settings, only normal and expert presets
No SP campaign to speak of, just a bunch of unconnected single missions.
Exp points required to unlock weapons, airfields and even skins? What else?

Might as well just release the thing on xbox or playstation and have done with it. Hell, when is the wii version coming out?

I guess this will be another mistake gathering virtual dust on the virtual shelf.

Too late, but at least I'm now a little wiser as regards purchasing video games in early development.

#4013493 - 09/23/14 05:35 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Rivet]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

Originally Posted By: Rivet
It appears I have voted with the majority so far, which as a predominately single player is not surprising.

The experience points & unlocks route seems very arcade to me. I could go on about the hopes of a dynamic story driven campaign but it seems pointless as the devs appear to have this silly arcade style set in stone. It really seems to me that the "SP Campaign" has been very much a last minute after thought. A few cobbled up missions in fancy packaging (i.e. the intro vids).

As Airdrop01 says, offline players get shafted................. again!

I've had it with pre orders and just buying into an idea that seems so fashionable these days. The benefits of early access just don't compensate for the disappointment. I'm pretty much no longer interested in this game now........... and it isn't even released yet!

Oh and what's with only "Normal" or "Expert" settings in the campaign. What happened to "Custom?" Oh, wait, we still have it in the QMB so that's all right. Maybe the devs forgot to remove that option from there? The so-called "Campaign" is supposed to be the SP aspect of the game so what difference does it make to allow custom settings so we can play it how we PREFER to play it? Maybe it has something to do with infernal leader boards or some cr@p like that.

$90 for a combat flight game with a QMB? Oh, please duh

Exactly my thoughts. I started off excited for a game that was potentially going to be a WWII version of RoF. It should improve over the older RoF in almost every way, or so I thought. Now I can't even be bothered to load it up for a quick flight anymore.

$90 completely wasted IMHO.

I wonder how the devs arrived at the thought process where this travesty of an SP "campaign" was agreed upon. This very poll shows the majority of simmers are vastly opposed to the concepts outlined by the devs.

#4013513 - 09/23/14 06:18 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

Actually, I'm quite sure the majority of simmers never visit this site or participate in polls. Just like the majority of simulation players never go online and participate in cool online wars. So this very poll shows what we already know, some members of this forum don't like the direction Il2 BOS has taken regarding the campaign.

I don't like it and you don't like it but it remains to be seen which was the best decision. Catering to the wishes of the loud few or align with the standard success receipe for other more mainstream plane/tank games? We will just have to wait and see. With a bit of luck it was a good decision and we can get a career mode during winter thanks to all the good people buying this thing when released. cheers

-C-

#4013520 - 09/23/14 06:33 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: 2005AD]  
Desode Offline
Desode  Offline

I think many of Us had that hope ! A WWII Version of Rof ! I know that was the First thing that came into my mind when I heard about Il2 BOS being made.
I was thinking how could this go wrong ?
Then I saw 1C in there and I should have known right then and there ! LOL

It Seems to me like they instead wanted to instead capitalize more on the whole World of Planes thing to get money from that player base, Thinking that they could and did get a lot of Us Sim players to put up the early money.
They Should have just let this Il2 be a Step Above that whole Scene because that market is already FLOODED .

Or maybe they figured we all have CLOD ?????

The Frustrating thing is I don't feel like they used any of the experience that they should have gained from creating ROF.

I mean you make a Sim like Rof,,, a very Great Sim,, You have all that feedback from people So why not build upon that experience and build your next sim based on what your main consumer base wants ??

To me that would have been the Logical step.

Grant it, I still hold out some SMALL hope,, But,,,
I hate to think of 777 loosing money and Their earned Reputation on this one and then finding themselves in a Major pinch !

That would just Straight up Stink because they have the ability to make the Perfect Sim that we all Want !!!

Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#4013561 - 09/23/14 08:15 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I have no doubt that BoS could have been a great sim and they had the team but then it all fell apart with "the vision." It might still be a good sim but it will never be what the sim community wanted it to be. It is not going to replace the previous IL-2 games and if they do survive this they wont have the credibility to branch out into other theaters/games that they could have had.

#4013566 - 09/23/14 08:32 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

The main reason I say that is because of the only "Normal" or "Expert" settings in the campaign !

I won't play anything on Normal But I also won't wait for a Engine to warm up in order to fly a campaign mission.
I just don't have the time for that,, I am a grown adult with a life and while I will do it once in a blue moon,, it's not something I do in a flight Sim more then 1% of the time. I just don't have the time to do it.

Yes your engine is Prewarmed. But Ido agree about the Techno chat. IT is maybe the ugliest thing I have seen in this sim so far. I really cant understand the logic of removing so many things that worked in RoF. Like a right click into an interface that allowed important things to happen. Like map manipulation, and giving AI directions. The non ability to move things around the interface also blows my mind.

So for me, Techno chat needs to be movable. and REmovable nad not by the "turnoff HUD" H key, I still would like to see what people are typing. Ijust dont want hud info or Technochat in Expert.

- Chat needs to be smaller and movable

- Cinematic effect needs to be seperated from "camera blur"

- Custom Graphic settings need to make a return

There are however some misconceptions that the FMB is too difficult to use. Its actually quite simple and I was able to make a playable coop style mission fairly easily with just a watch of a few tutorials. AbortedMan made a full on MPmission for the Eagles Nest Server in just under 2 weeks with ZERO prior mission building experience.

Id just be happy to see the team listen and follow the community wishes just a little more, when it comes to design decisions. Most of the suggestions are well thought out and have worked very well in the past.

IF it aint broke dont fix it, comes to mind.

#4013582 - 09/23/14 09:23 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:
There are however some misconceptions that the FMB

Will by nice if someone write a "How to" manual. wink

#4013635 - 09/23/14 11:32 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Master]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Master
I have no doubt that BoS could have been a great sim and they had the team but then it all fell apart with "the vision." It might still be a good sim but it will never be what the sim community wanted it to be. It is not going to replace the previous IL-2 games and if they do survive this they wont have the credibility to branch out into other theaters/games that they could have had.

^ Pretty much this is exactly how I feel.

Don't get me wrong. I really want to see 777 succeed. I like having companies build new flight sims. I hope I'm wrong and this is a spectacularly successful design decision.

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#4013640 - 09/23/14 11:43 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Sokol1]  
Hooves Offline
Hooves  Offline

There IS a "how to" manual. Its been sitting on the RoF sight for years. The problem is most wont EVER take a look and they will continue to parrot words of others who say its hard. Without ever once looking at it themselves. Its not hard. Its just different from the il 46 one.

#4013826 - 09/24/14 01:36 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Hooves]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Hooves
There IS a "how to" manual. Its been sitting on the RoF sight for years. The problem is most wont EVER take a look and they will continue to parrot words of others who say its hard. Without ever once looking at it themselves. Its not hard. Its just different from the il 46 one.

If they would show/release the FMB to people instead of keeping under wraps to a select few, this might not be an issue.

The fact that is has been "hidden" and not going to be available at the release of the game is suspect. Just like the hush hush of the SP campaign....lots of quiet, for a disappointment.

Between the lack of information about the FMB, and the lack of info on how mod friendly BoS will be, its a big turn off. Will it be like RoF? Where there is light mods? IL2 46' with heavy mods? I am leaning towards RoF where its very limited.

#4013863 - 09/24/14 03:02 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
It's not an issue - it's just you...just like the last thread.

Maybe you should write them a letter explaining that they're required to release everything to you before the
actual release of the sim?

Or, maybe pay attention instead of typing inane posts. The basic nature of the SP campaign was explained a long time ago
and the rest of us are aware of the mission builder and how it works. You need only look at the RoF mission builder.
Common knowledge - except in your case.

#4013925 - 09/24/14 05:24 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: 2005AD]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Originally Posted By: 2005AD

I wonder how the devs arrived at the thought process where this travesty of an SP "campaign" was agreed upon. This very poll shows the majority of simmers are vastly opposed to the concepts outlined by the devs.

Maybe because it's well known that the 1C arm holds the purse strings? And whoever controls the money has the most influence on the game content and direction. In other words the Developer arm makes the game and the purse arm controls what gets made. That's very simplified but it's the gist of it.

#4014007 - 09/24/14 08:39 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Gambit21]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Gambit21
It's not an issue - it's just you...just like the last thread.

Maybe you should write them a letter explaining that they're required to release everything to you before the
actual release of the sim?

Or, maybe pay attention instead of typing inane posts. The basic nature of the SP campaign was explained a long time ago
and the rest of us are aware of the mission builder and how it works. You need only look at the RoF mission builder.
Common knowledge - except in your case.

Aww you all upset now?

BASIC nature was explained a long time ago? It was just explained in detail last week....hence the poll.

And no, not everyone is aware of how the FMB works....if its just like RoF, then why would it not be ready at release? You can sit there and speculate all you want about how it suppose to be, just like others, but until its out the "rest of us" ponder just like you.

#4014027 - 09/24/14 09:21 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: lokitexas]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
if its just like RoF, then why would it not be ready at release? You can sit there and speculate all you want about how it suppose to be, just like others, but until its out the "rest of us" ponder just like you.

It's not being included at the release because 777 does not have the resources to support both the game release and the mission builder release at the same time. At release they will be overwhelmed trying to support people who can't get the game to run. Most likely they will release the mission editor when the stampede created by the game release is over.

#4014040 - 09/24/14 09:46 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California

Correct, it is.

#4014069 - 09/24/14 10:31 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: lokitexas]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest

Aww you all upset now?

Not in the least.
The great conspiracy exists only in your head.

Last edited by Gambit21; 09/24/14 11:07 PM.
#4014070 - 09/24/14 10:34 PM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: KrustyvonKlown]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
if its just like RoF, then why would it not be ready at release? You can sit there and speculate all you want about how it suppose to be, just like others, but until its out the "rest of us" ponder just like you.

It's not being included at the release because 777 does not have the resources to support both the game release and the mission builder release at the same time. At release they will be overwhelmed trying to support people who can't get the game to run. Most likely they will release the mission editor when the stampede created by the game release is over.

Look out - a logical, sensible post indicative of functioning grey matter.

#4014107 - 09/25/14 01:00 AM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: Gambit21]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: Gambit21

Aww you all upset now?

Not in the least.
The great conspiracy exists only in your head.

Talk about hyperbole. rolleyes Its nice to see you come to the defense of your favorite studio, I mean it is cute and all, but do you even know what you are talking about? Seriously?

You have one side saying the FMB is going to be simple to use, and everything one needs to know is at the RoF fourm. Then you have the devs saying it wont be ready because of resources and not enough man power to help people with it, that seems like it isn't simple and RoF like.

So which is it? Simple and like RoF? If so do that many people need help?

The reason people want to know is because according to the poll, most don't like the SP campaign, and want somewhat of a timeline to decide when to come back to BoS after some decent SP content has been made. No conspiracy, not being aloof, just curious.

#4014127 - 09/25/14 01:59 AM Re: Poll: What do you think of the Single Player Campaing for BoS? [Re: HeinKill]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Having opened it up and taken a look around, I can tell you that the RoF mission builder is more complex than the old IL2 mission builder. 'Simple' is a relative term.

I can't speak for what changes (if any) are being made or have been made to this module, nor all the reasons for keeping
it from release at the moment - except the hugely obvious reason that BoS has not been released yet, and the MB is
part of BoS. It stands to reason that we con't have it yet. Nothing unusual going on here.
I certainly am not reading anything into the fact that it's not released, nor am I panicking about SP content
because I've seen enough times how these things develop. SP content will come, I know this - I'm good with it.
Personally my sky ins't falling, nor do I see the reason for the melodrama. This is just the beginning - a marathon not a sprint.

We already have a new 3rd party map, and that's far more difficult that building a few dozen missions.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.