Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3998763 - 08/21/14 08:59 AM battlestar galactica final episode questions  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Click to reveal..
1. Was baltar a Cylon. The final scene shows him and 6 150,000 years after landing on earth. But I thought resurrection was lost to the cylons with the destruction of the hub.

That leads me to the next question.

Click to reveal..
2. The final fight, just after the truce where the final 5 promise to down load resurrection but is stopped due to a choking incident. Number 1(john cavill) shoots himself in the head. Why? there was no resurrection was there? the hub was destroyed.

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 08/21/14 01:48 PM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3998766 - 08/21/14 09:12 AM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

AAAAAARGH! CAREFUL! PUT SOME SPOILER TAGS!

Not for me, I saw it all when it was released, but for the love of Gods...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3998767 - 08/21/14 09:14 AM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Number one is a pet peeve of mine.
Click to reveal..

It's one of the few things that let a bad taste in my mouth.
A bit too philosophical, if you ask me. Even that last comment about how God likes or not to be called someways

As for number two, I'm convinced he's had had enough of all the mess. But it's just me.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3998782 - 08/21/14 10:45 AM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
1. The Baltar you see on modern day Earth is "head Baltar" which is some kind of deity similar to "head Six". He was not a cylon.

2. Cavil committed suicide knowing full well he wouldn't resurrect. He lost all hope at the end.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3998828 - 08/21/14 12:56 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Cavil knew the final chance for getting resurrection back was gone, so he had no interest in continuing on.

There had been multiple appearances of "head Baltar" in previous eps, and even earlier in the finale when he and "head Six" appeared to Caprica Six and Baltar in the assault on the Cylon base to get Hera back. You could always tell it was him by his neat, slicked-back hair and pinstripe suit. Likewise head Six usually appeared in that red dress, although not always.

As for the "you know it doesn't like to be called that comment," Ron Moore himself said "what does that mean? I don't know, I thought it was interesting."

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3998833 - 08/21/14 01:03 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: Jedi Master]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

As for the "you know it doesn't like to be called that comment," Ron Moore himself said "what does that mean? I don't know, I thought it was interesting."

The Jedi Master
Yeah, that's very much in line with what Kubrick or Lynch would say as well. It's often better to leave something a mystery and leave it up to the interpretation of each individual than to have some concrete explanation behind it.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3998854 - 08/21/14 01:52 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Click to reveal..
Ok if that was "head" Baltar and Six - then without resurrection, how did they appear 150,000 years later?

How were they manifesting in Normal Baltar and Six's thoughts.

Are you saying that they were the gods ?

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#3998857 - 08/21/14 01:57 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: bogusheadbox
Click to reveal..
Ok if that was "head" Baltar and Six - then without resurrection, how did they appear 150,000 years later?

How were they manifesting in Normal Baltar and Six's thoughts.

Are you saying that they were the gods ?

Yes, they were "gods" in a way and thus did not need resurrection. They were not physical beings.

As for manifesting in the minds of the real Baltar and Six, there's really no concrete answer for that beyond the notion that in the BSG universe there are supernatural beings who are influencing the events of the colonial fleet and the cylons.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/21/14 02:33 PM.

#3998870 - 08/21/14 02:26 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
In the episode where Anders gets the brain surgery, just before as he's remembering things he mentions that on Earth he had "angels" appear to him and at least one other of the Final Five, I forget who. I think he said he saw a woman and maybe it was Tory who saw a man.

Now Six and Baltar still looking like Six and Baltar all those years later was a bit of a cheat, as obviously neither appearance existed before BSG while the being themselves were around at least 2000 years earlier on Earth. However, if they'd looked totally different, the scene would've been spoiled by the audience wondering "who are they anyway?"

Oh, and Ron Moore is notorious for throwing things in and then deciding what they mean later. Head Six was in the miniseries, but the decision whether it was a hallucination of Baltar's, or a transmission from the Cylons, or something else altogether wasn't made for a long time. Like probably season 2 or 3!

I think the difference between Kubrick and Moore, though, is I believe Kubrick had an answer, but he kept it to himself and enjoyed the ambiguity for the audience. Moore often I believe does NOT have an answer unless it's necessary that he come up with one, and the ambiguity exists for himself as well.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3999530 - 08/22/14 08:42 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
They are more along the lines of angels/messengers, which is what head 6 said at one point. There was also one that appeared to Zoe Graystone and helped save her from a housefire. The image of Zoe smiling in the audience at the end of Caprica when Clarice is giving her sermon to the Cylons might also be the same messenger (as opposed to the other regular Zoe avatar who would be unlikely to be interested or happy with her sermon).

#3999534 - 08/22/14 08:45 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I think the commentary for that epilogue to the season (and series) specified that it was indeed the one who had appeared to Zoe from the time she was little (and somehow appeared exactly as Zoe would look at the time of her death, not as a child or an adult) and not the avatar itself.

The Jedi Master

#3999556 - 08/22/14 09:42 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

What you have to understand is that towards the end of BSG the hollywood writers guild had a strike and BSG lost pretty much their entire writing staff. That is why the story went down hill. A lot of the stuff they did towards the end was just winging it. There are so many plot holes it isnt even funny. Even the head writer has gone on record as saying he didnt know what the hell they were doing or trying to say.

#3999674 - 08/23/14 03:12 AM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: Master]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Master
What you have to understand is that towards the end of BSG the hollywood writers guild had a strike and BSG lost pretty much their entire writing staff.
Where did you read that? All of the main writers like Michael Taylor, Weddle & Thompson, RDM, David Eick and Jane Espenson were still on the show after the strike was over.

#4000357 - 08/24/14 06:50 PM Re: battlestar galactica final episode questions [Re: bogusheadbox]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Basically
Click to reveal..
Balter and Six on Modern day earth are the "hallucination" Baltar and Six that Baltar and Six were seeing.

The ended implies they weren't hallucinations, but higher beings appearing to those 2 individuals.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.