Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3984190 - 07/22/14 12:28 AM EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine!  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I can only hope, I guess, that either the graphics of EECH2 and DO can be ported to the modded EECH1, or the mods can eventually be ported into the EECH 2 & DO builds. What a shocking difference! And efficient!

Also, the artillery actually seems to work in EECH2. I don't know if it's broken in the current EECH1 builds or not, but I NEVER have missions end prematurely because artillery has already blown up my targets.

I had to delete the videos, turn off antialiasing, and there are quite a few bugs, but there's something worth checking out here.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#3984372 - 07/22/14 12:53 PM Re: EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine! [Re: Reticuli]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

It's been an ongoing request to get the eech2 source code. I had been emailing the current publishers for a few months, every couple of weeks but with no response.

I can send you on the details if you want to try again.

#3984649 - 07/22/14 10:32 PM Re: EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine! [Re: Reticuli]  
Skoop Offline
Skoop  Offline

Ventura, CalifornIA
They are not going to just give up the source code, you've got to set up some kind of EECH2 disk requirement to use the content like BMS does so they make money. If that is in place they would give it up, because it will resurrect a dead game and make money for them.

#3984886 - 07/23/14 02:08 PM Re: EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine! [Re: Skoop]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Originally Posted By: Skoop
They are not going to just give up the source code, you've got to set up some kind of EECH2 disk requirement to use the content like BMS does so they make money. If that is in place they would give it up, because it will resurrect a dead game and make money for them.

I wouldn't mind it, as long as eech2 is distributed on the net.

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#3985187 - 07/24/14 01:10 AM Re: EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine! [Re: Reticuli]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
I did notice a minor graphics niggle: the nightvision mode produces monoscopic grain. It messes up your perception of terrain textures at night by putting this plane of grain a fixed depth. The eech.ini doesn't have a night darkness setting, so it looks like you can't just up the day brightness and turn off nvg to resolve it. It's not a huge issue, but having each eye its own random grain pattern or being able to turn that grain pattern off completely would help the stereo effect. Well, DCS still has messed up helmet sights in Blackshark 2, so I guess it's an understandable quirk.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#4021988 - 10/14/14 12:45 AM Re: EECH 2 is such a phenomenal graphics engine! [Re: Reticuli]  
Kahzul_FKA_xapt3r5 Offline
Kahzul_FKA_xapt3r5  Offline

Entroncamento, Portugal
Hi guys! Been away for a long period as my dayly routine now leaves little time for flight simulators.. And I am overwhelmed!! Over 10 years have passed and you guys just never give up improving EECH. I love the mods, but the game inevitably feels old now. I fear this could go for ages until a real brand new title comes, which it never will, seriously!.. We really could use that Enemy Engaged 2 engine and we should make some real "noise" over this! Maybe hire more devs on donation? Convince the EE2 publisher to give away source code over a small donation, if not for free, or at least a portion of the source?! Hell, I don't know. Pointless is to sit and wait for the day that will present itself as another deception, cause a few people chose profit over dedication...

I see you, messyhead, and a few other have mailed the EE2 devs about the source code. Have you thought about opening a petition? We would spread word across SimHQ and the World Wide Web!..

If, at least, all people at SimHQ would participate, I'm sure we could get somewhere.. Here goes nothing, oh well..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _____________________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My first combat helo sim was good ol' MS-DOS Gunship 2000!...

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.