Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3982737 - 07/18/14 03:23 PM Nothing makes me sad anymore...  
Urban Furball Offline
Urban Furball  Offline

Qld. Australia
'Nothing makes me sad anymore'...

Well, it does really but I will not discuss in depth here.

I find it amazing how we have not developed further from mistakes previously made.
I find it amazing how some human-kind no longer consider their own species, for whatever reason, to be of equality.

What makes me sad?
History will repeat, but this time, not as nice I feel.

This is not a PWEC discussion so don't send it that way.

We all know what I am talking about, but, I am more interested in how we can change it?
Is it possible, or do we remain pawns?

Fodder for thought

No Cheers this time sorry...

S! to those lost

One Flash.......and ur Ash!!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3982741 - 07/18/14 03:28 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
IMO opinion it's not possible. We can pretend, and punish those who do not pretend. In the end we a just a out of control bacteria.

#3982748 - 07/18/14 03:37 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Human nature is what it is and barring some kind of alien or supernatural intervention which changes that fundamental nature, things will continue as-is. I do believe though that the world in general is not as bad as it was even just 200 years ago.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3982749 - 07/18/14 03:38 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
No idea what you're talking about TBH, but pessimism is a state of mind. I consider specific humans on this planet to be incredibly below and unequal to myself, and I still carry on every day just fine. Some people on this big ball are little more than rabid dogs (and that's an insult to rabid dogs).

Live your own life to the fullest and don't bother worrying about the world's petty issues. Humans will never change but that doesn't mean you can't see the good when it happens.

Oh and Wango, IMO means "In My Opinion"; you just said "In my opinion opinion" biggrin

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3982751 - 07/18/14 03:44 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
i wonder how it will afect the norn industry, isn't yuguslavia and ukraine wehere most of european "performers" come from ?

As for the incident,very sad indeed, but honestly, i for one hope we stop doing this small conflict of territory and ideals and just go all out global war, it would thin our numbers,that is needed and like the horrors of the previous two, people would remember it is not a nice thing when you are playing with lifes when you get abundancy of death in return.
Seems the previous conflict are too distant of a memory for people this day.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 07/18/14 03:45 PM.
#3982756 - 07/18/14 03:47 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Be careful what you wish for Blade. If humanity hasn't learned from the 50 million that died during WW2 what makes you think a new global war would have a different effect?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3982758 - 07/18/14 03:52 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
the internet panzer......back then, people saw in the newspaper what images the governament filtered and let them see,either for propaganda or to boost morale, today everyone can upload the horrors almost as they happen, and society response would change,did you forget vietnam already and how your governament reacted to media in the iraq war, censoring everything and selecting who would cover what ?

#3982762 - 07/18/14 04:02 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

i'll be straightforward. personally, igave up on humanity. there are a few people i care about. an emotional attachment i still clung to because they were forged before the giving up part.

living day to day is the best way to forget the whole picture. at least it works for me. thinking about the laundry next week makes me forget that the planet is doomed anyway and most likely we won't evolve enough to achieve those grandiose galactic expansions we keep dreaming about in movies.
or on a smaller scale, forget every PWEC taking place every nanosecond.

my life is like that popcorn smiley. eh, let me watch... watch with a certain detachment that everything is fubar anyway. sometimes i pretend to care and pretending to live like there's a future for everyone is really good most of the time. i recommend it.

#3982780 - 07/18/14 04:41 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Urban Furball Offline
Urban Furball  Offline

Qld. Australia
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
i wonder how it will afect the norn industry, isn't yuguslavia and ukraine wehere most of european "performers" come from ?

As for the incident,very sad indeed, but honestly, i for one hope we stop doing this small conflict of territory and ideals and just go all out global war, it would thin our numbers,that is needed and like the horrors of the previous two, people would remember it is not a nice thing when you are playing with lifes when you get abundancy of death in return.
Seems the previous conflict are too distant of a memory for people this day.

Perhaps re-introduce the Black Plague?
Fairly non-discriminative and no burden on economics!

And Panzer, I never lived 200 years ago of which I am thankful for.
I possibly may have been hung, drawn and quartered ... lucky me.

Peally..
Wango was right with his words. In his opinion(IMO) ... 'Opinion is not possible'.
In his own way he appears to have an opinion but does not.

Clear as mud to me.

#3982784 - 07/18/14 04:48 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Try being a moderator sometime....really makes you wonder wtf.

#3982789 - 07/18/14 04:54 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: ]  
Urban Furball Offline
Urban Furball  Offline

Qld. Australia
Originally Posted By: oselisan
i'll be straightforward. personally, igave up on humanity. there are a few people i care about. an emotional attachment i still clung to because they were forged before the giving up part.

living day to day is the best way to forget the whole picture. at least it works for me. thinking about the laundry next week makes me forget that the planet is doomed anyway and most likely we won't evolve enough to achieve those grandiose galactic expansions we keep dreaming about in movies.
or on a smaller scale, forget every PWEC taking place every nanosecond.

my life is like that popcorn smiley. eh, let me watch... watch with a certain detachment that everything is fubar anyway. sometimes i pretend to care and pretending to live like there's a future for everyone is really good most of the time. i recommend it.

Understood mate and what a great honest reply.

Takes me back to something my Father always instilled within me ... 'Put yourself in some one else's shoes .. Where would you be then and how smart do you really think you are'.

#3982801 - 07/18/14 05:06 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
coasty Offline
coasty  Offline

Asheville, NC, USA
i have been concentrating on friends, family and neighbors more. I still read and watch the larger scope of state, nation, international, present and future, but feel less able to influence the outcomes. I have resumed some of my biology studies, maybe I can discover a lawn grass that only needs mowing monthly.

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
#3982806 - 07/18/14 05:13 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: coasty]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: coasty
maybe I can discover a lawn grass that only needs mowing monthly.
That would be bad for business no? wink

#3982813 - 07/18/14 05:18 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
I keep saying it..."Humans".

It's for a reason.
I've got to know them 'intimately'. Their personal problems, family problems, tragedies, watched their lives end.
Everything, over and over.

When you find some worthwhile, hang onto them, cause they're very rare indeed.

The rest, you're better off typing messages to, and not ever having contact with. Cause when push comes to shove, your gonna get shoved. Most people change when things go south. You don't want to see that happen too often, it causes you to lose your respect for the species.

We are not what we think we are.
IMHO that's why nobody out there is talking to us, cause we won't be around long enough to get to know.
We're just a passing phase.....a mistake. And we seem to think we're soooo special. It cracks me up. smile

'Humans'....lol....

"Murphy's Law"
#3982835 - 07/18/14 05:57 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
TankHunter Offline
Misanthropic Peon
TankHunter  Offline
Misanthropic Peon

It has been a very depressing couple weeks. The horrors taking place in the Outremer and the European steppe, etc. Thankfully this is all that happens in the modern world. A few centuries ago it would have been endemic wars and pandemics.

Granted if wars come between great powers the result is the end of civilization as we know it. Perhaps all involved realize this, perhaps not...

If it does drop in the pot for humanity, I hope its a quick charring on the grand rotisserie for me. I don't think I would want to survive it if things come to that.

Yes, the world isn't as bad as it was 200 years ago, but it has potential to get much worse if we follow certain paths that were followed just a century ago. Perhaps the centers of power have some historically minded people populating them. Inshallah as they say...

l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I dont have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
#3982851 - 07/18/14 06:39 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Peally]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Peally
No idea what you're talking about TBH, but pessimism is a state of mind. I consider specific humans on this planet to be incredibly below and unequal to myself, and I still carry on every day just fine. Some people on this big ball are little more than rabid dogs (and that's an insult to rabid dogs).

Live your own life to the fullest and don't bother worrying about the world's petty issues. Humans will never change but that doesn't mean you can't see the good when it happens.

Oh and Wango, IMO means "In My Opinion"; you just said "In my opinion opinion" biggrin

er....my opinion is so valuable it's worth mentioning twice. biggrin

#3982886 - 07/18/14 08:01 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
There are 7 BILLION people on the planet. If you accept that a certain percentage are worthless scum, then there are more worthless scum on the planet than ever before, too.

The simple fact is technology and globalization have advanced far faster than our own cultures, and have indeed allowed what would 100 years ago have been more marginalized opinions and factions to gain strength by allowing them to come into the open, seek each other out, and band together.

So extremists of every flavor can now, instead of realizing with shame how few feel like they do, and either bury it or at least fail to act on it, all cry out together in an illusion that there are more of them than they think there are to justify their actions.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3982897 - 07/18/14 08:21 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I'm worried one day nothing will make me happy. Shutting off feeling sadness is a form of defense against it all. The other I day I watched my 87 year old father run around the back yard having a squirt gun fight with his 3 and 5 year old great grandchildren. I was suddenly filled with joy, because the site and sound was beautiful to me. I guess you have to just look away sometimes and pretend the outside world doesn't exit.

#3982908 - 07/18/14 08:39 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
We like to praise ourselves. A lot. We imagine that we've come so far. We're so smart. We've accomplished so much. Hell...we've gone to the moon.
Well, "we" didn't do that. It was done by a special few, as all of the great things in human history have been done. 80% of the population doesn't know how their television gets that picture in there. They just know how to turn it on. That's the way it is with everything.
We really haven't come much farther than Cro-Magnum man. They were actually quite intelligent and hardly different than modern human beings. If you could go back in time and grab one and bring him (or her) back they'd assimilate quickly, I think. You'd have them using the microwave and switching on the T.V. and maybe even driving after a while. They could get a job flipping burgers at McDonalds and they'd be just fine.
Those few special types with the beautiful minds are the ones who push mankind forward. The rest of mankind just follows along like a bunch of sheep. Incredibly stupid sheep, sometimes. Look at the drivers next to you on the highway and see them all texting while they're doing 70 mph. It doesn't matter how many die. There are plenty who will just follow them right off of the cliff....even though they saw them fall. It amazes me.
Yet, most people don't know the names of the great thinkers, scientists, artists, who have changed our lives. They know everything about the actress who made the latest sex tape, though. Call it human nature, I guess. A catch all phrase that encompasses all of the stupid things we do. Like writing a post that's way too long and boring people to death. Sorry. Rant off.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#3982928 - 07/18/14 09:08 PM Re: Nothing makes me sad anymore... [Re: Urban Furball]  
WolfDancer Offline
WolfDancer  Offline

Ontario, Canada
Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history. - George Bernard Shaw

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience. - George Bernard Shaw

My personal philosophy: saying 'yes' to life in all its aspects, including the violent, the ugly, and the catastrophic, not just the peaceful, beautiful, and magnificent.

War is the continuation of natural selection by other means.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.