Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 44 of 442 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 441 442
#3977166 - 07/06/14 09:57 AM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart ***** [Re: Olham]  
corsaire31 Offline
corsaire31  Offline

Toulouse, France
Catknight, looks like your weather might not be set on historical, you shouldn't be able to fly on July 4th, all flights are cancelled. Except of course if you have another ring that has powers on the weather ... smile2

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.
#3977173 - 07/06/14 11:17 AM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: corsaire31]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: corsaire31
Olham, you'll have plenty of time to watch the final week of the World Cup and cheer for Germany ! smile2

Cheer - or fear - for Germany...
Yeah, I think they play on Tuesday, vs Brasil.
A pity Neymar is so badly injured right now - I hope he will recover from that.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#3977180 - 07/06/14 11:48 AM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: Olham
Olham, you'll have plenty of time to watch the final week of the World Cup and cheer for Germany ! smile2

Best of luck as half of the European offering.

I heard a curious turn of phrase on the news yesterday. Neymar had "broken a vertebrae in his spine."

#3977182 - 07/06/14 11:50 AM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: corsaire31]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Catknight, looks like your weather might not be set on historical, you shouldn't be able to fly on July 4th, all flights are cancelled. Except of course if you have another ring that has powers on the weather ... smile2

Bah. You're right. I thought the weather was too nice lately!

#3977185 - 07/06/14 12:14 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

From British General Staff to all Commanders in the Field:

Army Order 204, dated 6 July 1916:

The following distinctions in dress will be worn on the service dress jacket by all officers and soldiers who have been wounded in any of the campaigns since 4th August, 1914:

Strips of gold Russia braid, No.1, two inches in length, sewn perpendicularly on the left sleeve of the jacket to mark each occasion on which wounded. In the case of officers, the lower end of the first strip of gold braid will be immediately above the upper point of the flap on cuff. Warrant officers, non-commissioned officers and men will wear the gold braid on the left sleeve, the lower edge of the braid to be three inches from the bottom of the sleeve. The additional strips of gold braid, marking each subsequent occasion on which wounded, will be placed on either side of the original one at half-inch interval. Gold braid and sewings will be obtained free on indent from the Army Ordnance Department; the sewing on will be carried out regimentally without expense to the public.

Pursuant to above order the following individuals are hereby presented the Wounded Stripe:

Your King and Country thank you for your sacrifice and faithful service.

Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 07/06/14 10:26 PM.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#3977186 - 07/06/14 12:25 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Great, Lou - thank you!
For all who didn't know yet: RAF_Louvert is the "One-Man_Medals-&-Awards committee"
for King George, the French High Command, and even for the Kaiser!
He has a deep-founded knowledge about all the awards, medals and badges, and we will be
in good hands there.

If anyone sees achievements which demand an award, but doesn't see it in the chart yet -
there will always be the next chart; the mills of bureaucracy grind slow.

#3977187 - 07/06/14 12:26 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
corsaire31 Offline
corsaire31  Offline

Toulouse, France

For Neymar they say he needs 4 weeks rest, so he will take some holidays and will be back in September in Barcelona. Other good thing for Germany, Thiago Silva will be out because of his second yellow card (and a stupid one !)

Last edited by corsaire31; 07/06/14 12:27 PM.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.
#3977195 - 07/06/14 12:47 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Well, it gives the Brasilians at least some good reasons, if they should loose the match.
Makes it easier to bear.

#3977196 - 07/06/14 12:50 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Great, Lou - thank you!
For all who didn't know yet: RAF_Louvert is the "One-Man_Medals-&-Awards committee"
for King George, the French High Command, and even for the Kaiser!
He has a deep-founded knowledge about all the awards, medals and badges, and we will be
in good hands there.

If anyone sees achievements which demand an award, but doesn't see it in the chart yet -
there will always be the next chart; the mills of bureaucracy grind slow.

Such high praise and so early on a Sunday morning, I'm good for the week now! smile2

Olham, you are more than welcome and thank you for hosting this most excellent campaign.

To your point about achievements deserving of mention, I would add that if anyone is aware of such achievements please let me know. Just send me the particulars of the event and I will look into it. I try to keep tabs on everyone's records but I am only one man after all and I have been known to miss things of import. Just ask my wife.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#3977202 - 07/06/14 01:00 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

We better leave your wife out of that, I guess (you wouldn't want to put your reputation
at risk here, right? Mmuahahahahaaa!!!)
But sure - it is damn easy to overlook something, or to make a mistake somewhere.
You are on the road a lot workwise, and so it is all quite busy for you as it is.

I bet the fellers will immediately make a BIG noise, if something should be overlooked,
and then there is still time to start the "mills of bureaucracy" again.

#3977242 - 07/06/14 04:04 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Augustus Snodgrass
Sgt, Rfc
1 Victory

Jul 7 1916.

Morning Flight: WX Overcast at 6000ft Lt rain dark clouds 8/10th cloud cover at 4000ft.
Remarks: Long wet flight in the gloom. No contact. I was in the Tail End Charlie spot of six a/c.

Spend afternoon packing, I will be off for a rear area staging depot then a Lorry over to Rfc 70 Sgn for flight assignment in Sopwith's 1 and 1/2 ers.

#3977244 - 07/06/14 04:06 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Good luck for your transfer, Carrick! Where will you be stationed now?

#3977252 - 07/06/14 04:31 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

wave

Hi there Herr Olham.

70 Sqn is stationed at Fienvillers/Candas in Flanders. They are rated as Good.

Were U betting on the World Cup ? popcorn

#3977257 - 07/06/14 04:34 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
JimAttrill Offline
JimAttrill  Offline

Johannesburg, South Africa
Carrick - look for a pm from me!

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014
#3977258 - 07/06/14 04:35 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Excellent work as always, Lou! I really appreciate your and everybody else's efforts to make this DID campaign an enjoyable experience. (If only my Abteilung wouldn't be wiped out so often...) smile

The Germans will have to wait until March 3, 1918 for their own wound decoration. On that date the Kaiser authorized a so-called Verwundetenabzeichen (Wound Badge) in three classes: black, silver and gold. The navy got their own wound badge, Marineverwundetenabzeichen, in similar three classes on June 24, 1918. It was only awarded to men who were wounded in naval battles, and because the German navy didn't fight too many of those in the final months of 1918 (with the exception of the U-boats), the navy wound badges are quite rare compared to the army ones.

Here's a photo showing all three classes of the army wound badge in my collection:

The badge in black was awarded for being wounded once or twice, the silver badge for those wounded three or four times, or for the loss of a hand, foot or an eye or hearing (also partial), or for severe facial injuries or brain damage. The rarest badge, the one in gold, was awarded for being wounded five or more times, or for total loss of eyesight or manhood or severe brain damage.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#3977261 - 07/06/14 04:55 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Carrick, I never bet, but I had made tips for the outcomes, and so far they have been pretty good.

Hasse, you seem to have a fine collection, like RAF_Louvert.
He had pointed that out to me some days ago, that we Germans can't have these before 1918.
I guess I will get shot down 200 times until then...

I must say this is a nice place to come to, and a fine community - just a totally relaxed
Sunday afternoon thought. yep

#3977264 - 07/06/14 05:08 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hasse, those are very nice old badges Sir. Glad to see they have found a home with someone who appreciates their true value.

[Linked Image]

#3977275 - 07/06/14 06:19 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Thanks guys. And don't worry about not being able to get a Verwundetenabzeichen in a while, Olham. I hear there are plenty of Hölzernes Kreuzes available, and it's quite easy to get one of those. biggrin

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#3977284 - 07/06/14 06:48 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Yeah, hm... - very comforting (shudder!)... skullhead

#3977285 - 07/06/14 06:51 PM Re: The "DiD Campaign Revival" - Intro, Rules, Reports & Records Chart [Re: Olham]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

'TENSHION PLEASE

The following pilots:

Arisfuser, Beanie, MFair, MudWasp, Rover27

please make a screenprint of your log - I need to compare some numbers and values.

Page 44 of 442 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 441 442

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse