Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3964189 - 06/07/14 01:49 PM Dreams  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Do you remember yours ? How vivid are they ?

I usually remember all or parts of my dreams. They are in vivid detail and color. Often the content of them is odd in that times, places and people couldn't possibly be together, but are. Often they are conflict resolution and/or military related. Things like getting ready for an operation or training and I'm trying to fix a problem or find something that should be there. Things like the helicopters haven't shown for pick-up and I go to the FAARP to find out why. Or we're in one of the military inflatables going down a River in the dark and get a puncture and (here is one of those goofy doesn't fit things) I go ashore to find something to fix it and find an Advance Auto Parts there on a dirt road, but I don't have money so I trade repelling line and a flashlight for a tire repair kit. The details of the store are very clear. I'm trying to barter and don't speak the language. Get it and go back but the RB isn't there. And so on. Starting to have more dreams about flying now that I'm doing a lot of it. Things like surprising weather and such. So vivid I can feel the yoke and each little quiver. Completely vivid sky conditions and radio calls.

And you ?

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3964198 - 06/07/14 02:26 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Sometimes. I'm afraid to say most of mine are either bad or nonsensical. Every once in awhile I'll have good one that contains a family member that's gone on or something spiritual.

Its funny you post this as I had an odd one just last night. I didn't sleep very well. I was sitting in the tire shop where I work with other employees, some who aren't there anymore. One of them is examining his foot where he had shot himself by mistake, also somehow, there were two policeman sitting in there with us. Then out in the parking lot comes some young punk being aggressive in his weird scooter and just starts accelerating back and forth in the lot, looking off at someone in the distance with a great deal of malice and is almost spitting at the mouth he's being so unhinged. Then a buddy of his shows up and starts up with the same behavior. The two cops toting pistols then approach the punks where upon which they become submissive yet still arrogant. I then walk up behind them because of my desire to see their faces as they are challenged by authority for their misbehavior. I promptly feel a hard pat on my shoulder as one of the other employees tries to pull me away as my presence would only add to the situation. I then said that I had wanted to step over to my truck for a moment but then confided that no, I wanted to see these jerks squirm. After stepping away from my truck, the employee somehow instead was now my Dad and we headed over to some place where a birthday party was being held at and they were waiting for us. When I stepped in the person of honor was one of my aunts. However she was in the center of a large group of people sitting indian style in a circle and she was wearing a mango colored, Indian guru type outfit. Everyone was singing or playing some sort of game and told us they'd been waiting for us and to take our seats. I had needed to use the restroom so I first stepped away to do so. For some reason the next room that had the restroom was actually a preschool-type classroom. Not only that, the entrance and bathroom itself was only about 2ft high. I had to crawl in and then the bathroom itself was like an outhouse because of the youngsters who used the facility. I need a drink badly and had brought with me a juice about the size of a Taco Bell hot sauce packet. I thought certainly this won't quench my thirst yet it was bigger than it look and no matter how much I drank it was still full. Then I attempted to relieve myself in a toilet built for a dwarf and made a mess of myself.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3964202 - 06/07/14 02:48 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Dreams are just when the matrix is uploading new data...

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3964205 - 06/07/14 03:11 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Suicidal_6 Offline
Suicidal_6  Offline

Gulfport
I rarely remember any dreams, except the stupid one where a monster is chasing me and I can only run in slow motion screwy

_ _ ______________________ _ _

S6
#3964212 - 06/07/14 03:26 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I used to have much more vivid dreams when I was younger and I had the recurring dream where either I fell down an elevator shaft or I was running in a large grassy field and would fall down a gaping hole. For whatever reason those dreams stopped when I was about 25.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3964216 - 06/07/14 03:34 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
December Offline
December  Offline

I have 2 recurring dreams. One, I am naked in a public place and and two, I am driving a car and I cant make it stop even if it is going very slow, I keep hitting the break pedal but nothing happens. Pretty easy to interpret the meaning but would be good if they stopped and I dreamed about cute girls like I used to many years ago. smile2

Last edited by December; 06/07/14 03:36 PM.
#3964217 - 06/07/14 03:37 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
I used to have a recurring dream. Very vivid, very real. It happened for years after I sold my 1972 Corvette. I'd be driving along, and I'd pass a gas station. There was my Corvette sitting there with a "For Sale" sign on it. I'd go and ask what they wanted for it, and I'd buy it back. Haven't had it for years, but I used to have that one over and over again.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#3964232 - 06/07/14 04:15 PM Re: Dreams [Re: December]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted By: December
I am driving a car and I cant make it stop even if it is going very slow, I keep hitting the break pedal but nothing happens.

Damn,I get that one a lot.Usually I am reversing and the brakes just won't pull me up and I run into something.

One I used to get which I don't now thankfully is me trapped on a very tall building that's about to collapse.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#3964252 - 06/07/14 05:11 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
oselisan
Unregistered

The most vivid dreams I have are flying. I can feel the wind and all including the intense blood rush I get at extreme heights (almost like vertigo).

Those are rare.

Now for the common dreams... they're well, common. I have dreams that are so realistic that if I let my mind slip, I might think of them as something that really happened. These dreams have no oddities in them, no weirdness, no monsters, no flying etc. Sometimes the only way I can tell that it was a dream is by double checking records to confirm that it hasn't happened yet or that fact that I just woke up.

I want the old, odd, fantastic dreams back. At least reality isn't blurred back then.

#3964290 - 06/07/14 06:40 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
I flew from the mid seventies up until a few years ago. I have over 800 hours under my belt, and I've owned two airplanes....and yet I can't remember having any dreams about flying! I HAD to have. Yet I don't remember a single one.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#3964345 - 06/07/14 08:39 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The worst dreams for me is when I dream the exact same thing I was doing when awake.

Say I'm idly watching TV and drift off to sleep...I'll just keep sitting there idly watching TV; fortunately a lot of my dreams are lucid and I'll wake my self up and think what a waste of time that was. It's also why I never drive when I'm really fatigued.

More than once I've sat up in bed saying "son of a b----" because the answer to how to do something on the airplane's construction hit me in a dream, like flattening a piece of tubing into a strap to mount the gas tank to the fuselage (a technique I had used on the front of the seat around the rear carry-through).

My wife gets irritated sometimes because I apparently have a good time in my dreams, often chuckling or saying stuff like "hey, that's pretty good."

I guess I've been married too long and too well, as my NSFW dreams involve her.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3964348 - 06/07/14 08:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Yeah OG...I think one dreams more as you get older....and sleep lighter, so you remember them.
Probably dream more too, since you don't sleep as 'deep' as you used to.

I dream every night, and about every thing from A to Z.
Some good, some bad, some just confusing.
I didn't used to dream very much at all, or I just couldn't remember dreaming.....which I think is the reality of it.
As you age, you sleep lighter, and remember more of what you were dreaming. So you 'think' you dream more.

I dunno...just guessing, from all the info I've heard during my life.

Dreaming is when your mind settles the things you did not 'settle', when you were awake.
It just 'makes up' an ending for your confused, undecided, problems....that you go to bed with.

So they tell me...... wink

Personally, I think they just don't understand the human mind yet, and are trying to sound like they do wink

"Murphy's Law"
#3964394 - 06/07/14 10:38 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
coasty Offline
coasty  Offline

Asheville, NC, USA
I have had a dream several times lately about getting a job at an elephant retirement home.I have some experience with working with them and really want to use my ability to work with animals.My dreams are usually vivid and I remember them when I wake up. I have had a werewolf dream with many variations for many years, and it actually scares me a bit, wondering about my sanity.

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
#3964405 - 06/07/14 11:11 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I have always been very in touch with my dreams.. and on occasion I have had "special dreams" .. Like the one I had back in 77 when I dreamed of my grandfather in bed wearing a suit.. and I asked my grandmother "Mama why is daddy wearing a suit in bed?!" and she said.. "He's gone baby.." The next day I got the call that he had passed. I was in the Philippines... he was in Pittsburgh. On the night of September 10th 2001 I dreamt I was in a very high building and there was fire behind me.. It was almost like that scene from the Matrix when Neo was on the ledge.. I jumped from the ledge and began to fall toward what looked like a pyramid from above.. as I fell my descent slowed .. and reversed itself.. and I rose.. and I rose and I rose... until the Earth was nowhere to be seen and even the sun was just another star.. and I was still moving up... away.. and I woke up. There were others like that...

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3964408 - 06/07/14 11:21 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

I was put on some very strong pain killers by a doctor after a bad accident
Man the dreams I had were cereal some were really fun some were dam terrifying.
So much so I asked to be put on a different medication after I dreamt my family were being attack by giant Snakes it was so intense my wife ran out of the room as I was swinging my arms and punching the air.
It was of course just a dream but it affected me for a couple of days afterwards thought I was losing it
Till my GP said vivid dreams were a side effect of the medication.
I never take any form of medication with out checking for side effects ever since.

Last edited by marko1231123; 06/07/14 11:26 PM.
#3964431 - 06/07/14 11:55 PM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Dogsbd Offline
Dogsbd  Offline

SC, USA
I rarely remember my dreams unless it is something really out of the ordinary.

However I have had two dreams in my life however that I can't forget. Growing up I always heard an old wives tail that if you are in danger of being killed in a dream you must wake up before your dream death or you really will die.

Well I have proof that that is not true. Twice I have dreamed of being in some sort of fight for survival situation (the dream wasn't clear about the reason behind it) and being shot dead. In both dreams I vividly remember being shot at, being hit and feeling blood pool around my body as I bled out and then loosing conscience.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. ~Benjamin Franklin

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." Winston Churchill

ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Quad-Core CPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600
Samsung 1TB 7200 SATA 3.0Gb/s HD x2
#3964446 - 06/08/14 12:34 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Chucky]  
December Offline
December  Offline

Originally Posted By: Chucky
Originally Posted By: December
I am driving a car and I cant make it stop even if it is going very slow, I keep hitting the break pedal but nothing happens.

Damn,I get that one a lot.Usually I am reversing and the brakes just won't pull me up and I run into something.

One I used to get which I don't now thankfully is me trapped on a very tall building that's about to collapse.

That's the exact situation I find myself in too. I wonder if it is a common dream?

#3964470 - 06/08/14 01:21 AM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
That moment when you wake up from a really vivid dream and you can still feel the dream on you.

I had this series of dreams over about two weeks a couple of years ago. I kept waking up trying to shout at the top of my voice because i was fighting something in my bed. It tripped me out that much i did some research on it and it ended up being this...

Quote:

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. It is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions, such as an intruder in the room, to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed to be a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams.

Freaked me out at the time, one where i saw my partners face under the sheets calling me to come to her, i tried to but then it changed into some black mangled face that i tried to get away from. I woke up and i was under my blanket on my knees in a kneeling position groaning and trying to shout. That would have been weird to walk into at 3 am biggrin Another where i couldn't move or make a noise and i could see something in the corner staring at me. Freaky stuff in the middle of the night ! I think it was to do with stress at the time, relationship, moving, new job, money issues etc.

Some dreams are so real for a while after you've had them , we are a trippy species.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3964471 - 06/08/14 01:21 AM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I keep having the same dream over and over. I am in a very large industrial factory and I can't find my way out. It is very hot and noisy. Every room I go into is a dead end or just leads to another room. I find myself becoming a bit frantic trying to get out. I actually wake up sometimes feeling physically wore out. It has been over 25 years since worked at the steel mill. I know it is probaby stress related (you know work, family, bills, etc.).

#3964488 - 06/08/14 02:50 AM Re: Dreams [Re: oldgrognard]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I have the car with bad brakes one myself, although indeed I really did drive a car like that years ago so it probably comes from that...

I had one dream a while back involving SimHQ; I'd woken up in my dream and checked into Facebook on my laptop, only to find that my GF had posted all sorts of pictures of herself posing awkwardly in clear heels, zebra print dresses and other highly uncharacteristic fare, and endured a fair bit of resulting criticism.

Not wanting to deal with that mess I palmed my face and logged into SimHQ, only to discover to my horror that that my GF had somehow acquired powers of hack, and had not only made it resemble a cheesy Myspace page with cartoon bunnies and glitter everywhere, but also engaged the membership in epic flame wars, and somehow all this was blamed on me, some of you were rather unkind...

Then I realized that I was dreaming, and was about to fly off my balcony when my alarm rang and woke me up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.