Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3865866 - 11/21/13 05:54 PM Using theBlenheim rear gunner  
ATAG_chair1 Offline
ATAG_chair1  Offline

California
In Multiplayer can I go to the rear gunner position from the pilots position and aim and fire the rear gun?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3865886 - 11/21/13 06:24 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Yes, you need assign keys for (In Options > Controls > Views)

"Manned position #3"

to jump for rear gunner position

and of jump back to pilot seat:

"Manned position #1"

and for jump to bombardier seat:

"Manned position #2"

Dont use

"Change manned position" that jump sequentially between pilot/bombardier/gunner... position.

Why? Because online human player always occupies two crew positions, typically pilot and bombardier.

Due this if you jump for gunner position and then for pilot position, these two positions are reserved for human player, that means that AI dont re-assume the rear gunner again.
Despite AI gunner is not useful against enemy fighters (online his skill is set in Rookie), he call for bandits. smile

So, Jump for gunner, and for go back to pilot seat, jump for bombardier first.

To use rear turret is need:

Unpark the turret (Options > Controls > Turret > assign key for "Toggle Park Position")
Lean to gunsight (Shift + F1)
Turn independent mode (F-10) to allow mouse control the aim.

Is advisable increase mouse speed in Conf.ini to 1.5 ~2.0 for more easy MG control (1).

Turret automatically recharge ammo drums, in Blenheim this take 14 seconds.

And finally the "gunner trauma".

During SoW development someone/group ask/lobby (I suspect UbiZ00 crows smile ) for reduce gunner effectiveness (they are PK in il-2'46 when "parked" on bombers rear six smile ) and that the gunner should not be able to shoot during plane maneuvers.

Due this CloD dev's made the mistake of limiting the ability of the gunner (AI or human) to shoot if plane are moving above 5 m/s on vertical plane, the machine gun locks. Information posted in Sukhoi forum for formerly MG programmer.

Opera's resume: Need practice and luck to effective use rear gunner online.

(1) In Fiat Br.20 the rear turret are powered, due this is not designed to be controlled by mouse, is need use joystick to move the in X and Y axis (use a key to modify joystick axis, e.g Tab + Joystick axis X). Properly set this result in the best turret control seem in simulators.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 11/21/13 06:36 PM.
#3865888 - 11/21/13 06:28 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: Sokol1]  
ATAG_chair1 Offline
ATAG_chair1  Offline

California
Thanks for the reply ..tonight I'll get those 109 that haave been blowing off my tail.

#3865910 - 11/21/13 07:08 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: Sokol1]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Yes, you need assign keys for (In Options > Controls > Views)

"Manned position #3"

to jump for rear gunner position

and of jump back to pilot seat:

"Manned position #1"

and for jump to bombardier seat:

"Manned position #2"

Dont use

"Change manned position" that jump sequentially between pilot/bombardier/gunner... position.

Why? Because online human player always occupies two crew positions, typically pilot and bombardier.

Due this if you jump for gunner position and then for pilot position, these two positions are reserved for human player, that means that AI dont re-assume the rear gunner again.
Despite AI gunner is not useful against enemy fighters (online his skill is set in Rookie), he call for bandits. smile

So, Jump for gunner, and for go back to pilot seat, jump for bombardier first.

To use rear turret is need:

Unpark the turret (Options > Controls > Turret > assign key for "Toggle Park Position")
Lean to gunsight (Shift + F1)
Turn independent mode (F-10) to allow mouse control the aim.

Is advisable increase mouse speed in Conf.ini to 1.5 ~2.0 for more easy MG control (1).

Turret automatically recharge ammo drums, in Blenheim this take 14 seconds.

And finally the "gunner trauma".

During SoW development someone/group ask/lobby (I suspect UbiZ00 crows smile ) for reduce gunner effectiveness (they are PK in il-2'46 when "parked" on bombers rear six smile ) and that the gunner should not be able to shoot during plane maneuvers.

Due this CloD dev's made the mistake of limiting the ability of the gunner (AI or human) to shoot if plane are moving above 5 m/s on vertical plane, the machine gun locks. Information posted in Sukhoi forum for formerly MG programmer.

Opera's resume: Need practice and luck to effective use rear gunner online.

(1) In Fiat Br.20 the rear turret are powered, due this is not designed to be controlled by mouse, is need use joystick to move the in X and Y axis (use a key to modify joystick axis, e.g Tab + Joystick axis X). Properly set this result in the best turret control seem in simulators.

Sokol1

That is one very detailed reply Sokol. You are fantastic with the amount of help you provide. It makes me want to go off and fly Blenheim gunner missions!

H

[Linked Image]
#3865951 - 11/21/13 08:06 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

So 3 different people (gunner, bombardier, pilot) can operate one Blenheim a/c at the same time in Multiplayer?

How come the 2 other passangers aboard after i "created" the Blenheim in Multiplayer?

#3866014 - 11/21/13 09:32 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Yes, bombardier and pilot just click on these places on pilot Blenheim.

Sample - online on ATAG now:

Just click on vacant (user) places on Fair Light Blenheim. wink

Is need that these three player select the same airfield.

In rares occasion you are able to join as gunner in AI bombers.

BTW - Notice that 92 Cdt.Coldstreamer player occupies Pilot and Bombardier places in his Blenheim.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 11/21/13 09:53 PM.
#3866218 - 11/22/13 02:24 AM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

Thank you.

#3870341 - 12/02/13 01:41 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Whoa, took notes. biggrin
Never stop learning, uh? wink

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3946331 - 04/29/14 11:02 AM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

Flying in a bomber as gunner: how can i inform my pilot about threats (for example 6 high, 7 low etc.) with the
pull up communication menu? Cant figure out the right commands.

#3946491 - 04/29/14 02:53 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:
...pull up communication menu?

No way to communicate with your AI pilot, what would be interesting.

"Dev's" dont think about this... smile

Even in the original communication menu (completely non functional at release):

http://i57.tinypic.com/1536xhh.jpg

Sokol1

#3946955 - 04/30/14 11:33 AM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
AlphaSix Offline
AlphaSix  Offline

The question was concerning the possibility to interact with the human pilot via the pull-down communication menu when i in a gunner position.
When i fly as gunner the human plilot gives me infos (?with the pull down communication menu?) about incomming targets like ... "Messerschmitt 1 o'clock" etc.
How can i report back infos to the human pilot about targets i have spottet? I know there is chat window (to slow for dangerous situations) and teamspeak ( offline) but i want to know the other possibility.

Last edited by AlphaSix; 04/30/14 11:37 AM.
#3947062 - 04/30/14 02:21 PM Re: Using theBlenheim rear gunner [Re: ATAG_chair1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
AFAIK - No "pull down communication menu" for bomber crews in game.

BTW - In TD next patch for il-2'46 is planed something similar for communication between bombardier and pilot.

Sokol1

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.