Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
#3886817 - 12/31/13 03:27 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Andromedius Offline
I Love Camembert
Andromedius  Offline
I Love Camembert

Nancy, North-East of FRANCE
Another Jane's USAF pilot flying again, Yeah !

Great you got it working, André.cheers

I just fired up Jane's F15 to check if there was a solution for this thrust adjustment you mentioned, but so far it seems to me you can't adjust your thrust via the keyboard when you're using a throttle.
Technically there's an F15KEYS.INI file in the main folder that you can edit, but I'm not really convinced it will make a lot of difference.

When I want to get more precise updates on my actual speed I usually select 'HUD DATA' on the UFC and then activate the % thrust indications so I can display it on the HUD. I know it's a little bit unrealistic because, to my knowledge, the real F-15E doesn't offer this option but it allows me to have a more precise control over my speed.
I find it really useful during critical maneuvers such as air refueling and landing (especially the latter).

Over and Out,

And... Happy new year 2014 to all of you !!!dancedancedance

Andromedius.

'Au Royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus'. Pierre Dac.
In the land of the blind, one-eyed men are badly looked upon.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3887009 - 12/31/13 08:34 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
DonLduk Offline
DonLduk  Offline

Confirmed!

Jane's F15 works with Windows 8.1.

I was running Windows7 on a MacbookAir with Bootcamp, and had Falcon4BMS + FacetrackNoIR and my PS3 camera perfectly setup, but no luck on F15. Then after reading and re-reading this post I realized it worked with Windows 8.1 and had to do a sacrifice.

I formated my W7 and put W8.1, on first loging I installed Jane's F15+Patch , when I go to boot it says :

"Windows Needs to install this feature to run this software: DIRECTPLAY"

So I clicked yes, and the game launched, in a perfect way that I've haven't seen since 1998.

!!!!!

ar15

!!!!!

Now hopefully I can finish my IRAQ campaign, which goes in hand to the "FLYING THE F15 IN THE GULF WAR" book.

thank you for your never giving up, this is clearly the definitive method evolving from my Crtl-Alt-Del trick !

These were my Steps, I didn't required any additional config than just click "next" and "finish" on the installers:
*Install Windows 8.1
*Install Jane's F15
*Patch Jane's F15 to latest version
*Install zeckensack's glide (it crashes to desktop with nGlide)
*Launch Jane's F15 from default shortcut in desktop
*Click YES for install Directplay
*Bomb the hell out of IRAQ

Simple steps anyone can do. Pay attention to the Glide, as the nGlide CTD on the 3DFX splash screen. The Zeckensack's GlideWrapper doesn't have a 3DFx splash screen but who cares the game runs smooth.

Last edited by DonLduk; 12/31/13 08:48 PM.
#3887151 - 01/01/14 12:50 AM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Major Dragon Offline
Major Dragon  Offline

To all of you now flying USAF again,

Are any of you flying online multiplayer? I used to years ago and enjoyed it. However, not many people did as most had modded the game in one way or another.

If my memory serves me right, eveyone had to be flying exactly to same version (we flew the stock patched version with a few stock user created missions added), and no one could be behind a router excepting the host.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone flying coop multiplayer missions about their set up.

Thanks

Dragon

Last edited by Major Dragon; 01/01/14 12:51 AM.
#3887327 - 01/01/14 01:10 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
mandjare Offline
mandjare  Offline

... yes, flying again. But, to be honest, mainly for one reason... to simulate flying and fighting in the F-4 Phantom II. Thats why I still have a another sim classic at my HDD - and run it near daily with passion: Flight of the intruder ;-) Every time firing this up its a true burner

#3891431 - 01/08/14 12:41 AM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Orion Offline
Orion  Offline

Everett, WA
The only thing I could not get working was the mission builder(the app crashes). Any ideas on how to make it work?

Luck is when Preparation meets an opportunity
#3891685 - 01/08/14 01:31 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: DonLduk]  
Andromedius Offline
I Love Camembert
Andromedius  Offline
I Love Camembert

Originally Posted By: DonLduk
Pay attention to the Glide, as the nGlide CTD on the 3DFX splash screen. The Zeckensack's GlideWrapper doesn't have a 3DFx splash screen but who cares the game runs smooth.

Great News and great instructions !

Regarding the Glide emulation issue, it should also be noted that you can uncheck the 3dfx splash screen in the Nglide configurator, thus preventing it from showing up and crashing the game.

But, as long as it gets the job done, it is entierely up to you to choose the glidewrapper you want to use with the game (I guess there probably are some interesting comparisons to be drawn between the various glidewrappers in terms of rendering quality with Jane's F-15 and USAF but I didn't get time to do some testing myself.)

Over and Out,

Andromedius.

#3891726 - 01/08/14 02:57 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Parker Offline
Parker  Offline

Any fix for my horrendous frame rates in USAF?

#3892084 - 01/08/14 10:56 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I'm stoked with this news as I've just ventured into this thread for the first time after literally raiding ebay this last week and bagged myself mint copies of:

Team Apache
Janes Longbow 1 + Flashpoint Korea mission pack
Janes Longbow 2
Janes F-15
Janes ATF
DID F22
DI F/A-18E Super Hornet
Novalogic F22 Raptor

I'll be honest and say that most of this is pure nostalgia as a collector and I didn't expect to be playing them. I got Team Apache working on my Windows 8.1 64 rig and have been having a blast with that the last few nights, I will be putting the others to the test aswell, if I can't get them working on Windows 8 I'll follow the instructions in the thread on my Windows 7 rig and see what I can get up and running.

As primarily a big fan of the Helos, what's the best fast mover out of that lot? I should also say that I'm still actively looking for Janes F/A-18 and Janes USAF to complete my target collection.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#3892102 - 01/08/14 11:19 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Just bought Janes USAF from a US seller - mint copy for $12 and twice again for postage to the UK......

#3892124 - 01/08/14 11:59 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Parker Offline
Parker  Offline

Very good score Paradaz, what OS are you going to be running USAF on?

#3892144 - 01/09/14 12:37 AM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I'll give it a try on Windows 8 first as that's my primary gaming system now hooked up to a 2560x1440 monitor, I've found so far that most games tend to work fine if they work on Windows 7 so fingers crossed but I know the older games especially have their own little naunces with different OS's.

I think it will be a good couple of weeks before USAF is delivered so I'll use that time to try and get Longbow 2 up and running again.

#3892434 - 01/09/14 03:09 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Paradaz]  
Andromedius Offline
I Love Camembert
Andromedius  Offline
I Love Camembert

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
I'm stoked with this news as I've just ventured into this thread for the first time after literally raiding ebay this last week and bagged myself mint copies of:

Team Apache
Janes Longbow 1 + Flashpoint Korea mission pack
Janes Longbow 2
Janes F-15
Janes ATF
DID F22
DI F/A-18E Super Hornet
Novalogic F22 Raptor

I'll be honest and say that most of this is pure nostalgia as a collector and I didn't expect to be playing them. I got Team Apache working on my Windows 8.1 64 rig and have been having a blast with that the last few nights, I will be putting the others to the test aswell, if I can't get them working on Windows 8 I'll follow the instructions in the thread on my Windows 7 rig and see what I can get up and running.

As primarily a big fan of the Helos, what's the best fast mover out of that lot? I should also say that I'm still actively looking for Janes F/A-18 and Janes USAF to complete my target collection.

Hey, Nostalgia is the new 'chic'. thumbsup

Nothing wrong with going back to the roots, especially when it comes to such awesome sims.

Flyboy's site is amazing and sums up about the best intel about Helos Sims from the golden age :
http://digitality.comyr.com/flyboy/

And if you really want some awesome hardcore helo sim, you can't go wrong with Longbow 2.
Here are some useful links for getting it working under modern OS :
http://digitality.comyr.com/flyboy/lb2/

You'll also get some links to patches via the SimHQ boards :
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2894891/Longbow_2_Windows_Vista_7_Fix_.html#Post2894891

It's currently working under Seven 64, so chances are it should be okay with Windows 8, but you'll have to test it.

Hope that helps.

Over and out,

Andromedius.

#3892449 - 01/09/14 03:23 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: mandjare]  
IamFritz Offline
IamFritz  Offline

One of the best ever. Truly overlooked. I bought it packaged with Falcon 3, IIRC, back in the day.

Originally Posted By: mandjare
... yes, flying again. But, to be honest, mainly for one reason... to simulate flying and fighting in the F-4 Phantom II. Thats why I still have a another sim classic at my HDD - and run it near daily with passion: Flight of the intruder ;-) Every time firing this up its a true burner

Fritz Gunter
iamfritz@hotmail.com
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
#3892673 - 01/09/14 08:27 PM Re: Possible fix for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
@Amdromedius

Thanks for the information and links.....I'm sure I'll be using those! I'll let you know how I get on with some of the Win8 installs.

#3928675 - 03/23/14 12:46 AM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: MillerTime]  
Liron Offline
Liron  Offline

hey miller
how do you run the game on such high resolution?

#3928820 - 03/23/14 02:07 PM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Liron]  
MillerTime Offline
MillerTime  Offline

Texas, USA
Hi Liron, I use the Nglide wrapper configurator.exe to set the resolution. It overrides the native resolution, plus it has a few other settings in there for vertical snyc, etc. I also use the NVIDIA control panel to force other settings like anti aliasing. Seems to work well for me.

#3929046 - 03/24/14 01:57 AM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
Liron Offline
Liron  Offline

i actually tried using the nglide config.exe and set the resolution to such high resolution but the game "ignores" it and run the normal resolution
how you do you use the nvidia control panel to force other settings?
i really want to try run the jF15 on high resolution (without stretching the game image if its possible)

#3929508 - 03/24/14 10:01 PM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Liron]  
MillerTime Offline
MillerTime  Offline

Texas, USA
Are you sure the game is running in 3dfx? It might be running in Direct3D. Check under the game video settings. The Glide wrapper can only modify the resolution in 3dfx mode. You can verify this by checking the 3dfx logo enabled in the nglide config and the splash screen should appear before going into flight.

#3968047 - 06/15/14 07:27 AM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
RodBorza Offline
RodBorza  Offline

Brazil
@Amdromedius

Hey man,

and all the others...

Thank you!

After years, 10+ years Im flying the MudHen again.
I've been waiting and waiting for the F-15E in DCS,but it seems it will take mucch more longer.
But no game has the same immersion that Jane's game have.

Thanks again,

and happy hunting!

Sim Evolution: Microproses's F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-15 Strike Eagle III, Jane's F-15, Jane's F-18, Jane's Longbow 1 & 2, Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3, Falcon: AF, DCS A-10 and Flight Simulator X!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RodBorza

#3971206 - 06/21/14 11:48 PM Re: Possible 'partial fix' for Jane's F-15 menu + USAF working under Seven 64 [Re: Andromedius]  
CrazyEnzo03 Offline
CrazyEnzo03  Offline

>_>

<_<

Note to self: make sure you only have one glide wrapper installed at any given time.

I at first thought I was having issues with the latest version of nGlide with such problems as CTD at the end of every mission and no aspect ratio control (everything stretched to widescreen, looking "fat"). Turns out I also had Zeckensack's [sic] Glide Wrapper installed. It seemed to be using that one primarily because with the latest version of nGlide I have zero issues whatsoever... except a low framerate in the 2D cockpit view, but still very playable.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.