Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3925886 - 03/17/14 12:32 PM Adding new airfields  
Pat_Pattle Offline
Pat_Pattle  Offline

Newton Abbot, Devon, England
A questions for the Devs really, or anyone with experience with this in WOFF...

I'm looking at adding in RFC Folkstone (later renamed as Hawkinge)into my install. I made a model of Hawkinge for cfs3/ETO/BoB and have always fancied making a ww1 version with it's whitewashed hangars

I've identified the necessary .csv files etc. and added in the new line for the airfield. When compiling, the tool that comes with WOFF doesn't work (or I'm missing something?), can I use the standard cfs3 sdk make_gsl tool? I don't want to spend a lot of time doing this if I'm going to mess up something else!

Thanks,

Clive

#3926199 - 03/17/14 11:12 PM Re: Adding new airfields [Re: Pat_Pattle]  
RexHannover Offline
RexHannover  Offline

Hi there

I think you are referring to the global_layer.csv file. make_gsl from the sdk should work, but ...

There are many versions of global_layer.csv representing different points in time during the conflict. The correct version for the active mission is placed in the sim's global layer folder when WOFFManager starts a mission (overwriting whatever was there before). The same thing happens with lots of other data files as well. The master copies of the global layer files are found in the WOFFScenery folder.

HTH .. rex

#3926331 - 03/18/14 07:59 AM Re: Adding new airfields [Re: Pat_Pattle]  
Pat_Pattle Offline
Pat_Pattle  Offline

Newton Abbot, Devon, England
Quote:
I think you are referring to the global_layer.csv file. make_gsl from the sdk should work, but ...

There are many versions of global_layer.csv representing different points in time during the conflict. The correct version for the active mission is placed in the sim's global layer folder when WOFFManager starts a mission (overwriting whatever was there before). The same thing happens with lots of other data files as well. The master copies of the global layer files are found in the WOFFScenery folder.

Thanks Rex, pretty much what I'd thought.

Quote:
The correct version for the active mission is placed in the sim's global layer folder when WOFFManager starts a mission (overwriting whatever was there before).

I've edited just one of the period files for now and got the airfield to show in QC/QS I didn't edit the csv/lib files which are stored in the 'usual' cfs3 location - will need to check that it's also copied it into that folder.

Just trying to understand how this all works for the moment!

Cheers

Clive

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse