Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3912551 - 02/16/14 02:29 AM New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX)  
Madmatt Offline
Madmatt  Offline

Florence, Indiana
Hey everyone!

Seem AnKor has released another new d3d8.dll with improved glint and cockpit shadows so I wanted to post up a new patch of comparison pics.

In addition I have also been tweaking my own customized SweetFX settings myself. I wanted to retain a little bit of the sharpness I had achieved with my previous settings but downplay the saturation and coloration some. I think I have achieved a new balance that does a better job of retaining the original WOFF palette while at the same time bringing out a little more detail in the textures and landscape. I also didn't want the onscreen text to be blurry, something which can happen with some higher levels of anti-aliasing. Unfortunately I took screenshots with all onscreen text disabled but these new settings do keep the text very clear while, for me at least, the stock game running with my current Nvidia Inspector settings displays rather muddled and blurry text. With these new SweetFx settings I have gotten the text to be much sharper once more.

I've posted my new SweetFx settings below. The differences are subtle now but can be seen clearer if you open up the images. Enjoy!

First off, here is WOFF in all her stock glory. No shadow effects enabled.

Now with my latest SweetFX tweaks:

Here it is with AnKors latest Direct3D .dll and stock colors:

And finally, the works, new SweetFX settings and AnKors new .dll with improved shadows and sun glint:

Here are my newest SweetFX settings:

Here are my SweetFX settings:
/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
/ Description /
'------------------------------------------------------------/

Game:
Author:
SweetFX version: 1.5.1
Description:

Please note when tweaking settings that higher numbers does not always equal better (nor does lower).
Finding the best settings for your game and your taste is about finding just the right amount to apply.

If you made a good setttings preset please share it with your friends, on forums and websites,
and/or submit it to the SweetFX Settings Database : http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/

This description field and the above Game and Author fields are here so you can fill in your own details for the presets you create.
Just delete this description and fill in your own and then share it with the world.

Hope you enjoy my mod.
- CeeJay.dk

/ Choose effects /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 // [0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
#define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 0 // [0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique. WIP - Currently only works in DX9 and you need to use the FXAA injector dlls.
#define USE_EXPLOSION 0 // [0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
#define USE_CARTOON 0 // [0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image. (Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
#define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 // [0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. (Interferes with SMAA, Cartoon, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen, and it has a very high performance cost)
#define USE_BLOOM 0 // [0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR 0 // [0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 // [0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_LEVELS 0 // [0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1 // [0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX 0 // [0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_MONOCHROME 0 // [0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 // [0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights
#define USE_TONEMAP 0 // [0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 // [0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES 1 // [0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA 0 // [0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 // [0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER 0 // [0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_BORDER 0 // [0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 // [0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

#define USE_CUSTOM 0 // [0 or 1] Custom : Write your own shader by editing custom.h, and then enable it here.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD .08 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 50 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 8 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.
//Enable this only if you use a Geforce 7xxx series or older card, or a Radeon X1xxx series or older card.

/ FXAA Anti-aliasing settings /
#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 9 // [1 to 9] Choose the quality preset. 9 is the highest quality.
#define fxaa_Subpix 0.400 // [0.000 to 1.000] Choose the amount of sub-pixel aliasing removal.
#define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.250 // [0.000 to 1.000] Edge detection threshold. The minimum amount of local contrast required to apply algorithm.
#define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.060 // [0.000 to 1.000] Darkness threshold. Trims the algorithm from processing darks.

/ Explosion settings /
#define Explosion_Radius 2.5 // [0.2 to 100.0] Amount of effect you want.

/ Cartoon settings /
#define CartoonPower 1.5 // [0.1 to 10.0] Amount of effect you want.
#define CartoonEdgeSlope 1.5 // [0.1 to 8.0] Raise this to filter out fainter edges. You might need to increase the power to compensate. Whole numbers are faster.

/*----------------------------------------------------------.
/ Advanced CRT settings /
'----------------------------------------------------------*/
#define CRTAmount 1.00 // [0.00 to 1.00] Amount of CRT effect you want

#define CRTResolution 2.0 // [1.0 to 8.0] Input size coefficent (low values gives the "low-res retro look"). Default is 1.2
#define CRTgamma 2.2 // [0.0 to 4.0] Gamma of simulated CRT (default 2.2)
#define CRTmonitorgamma 2.4 // [0.0 to 4.0] Gamma of display monitor (typically 2.2 is correct)
#define CRTBrightness 1.2 // [1.0 to 3.0] Used to boost brightness a little. Default is 1.0
#define CRTScanlineIntensity 2.0 // [2.0 to 4.0] Scanlines intensity (use integer values preferably). Default is 2.0
#define CRTScanlineGaussian 1 // [0 or 1] Use the "new nongaussian scanlines bloom effect". Default is on

#define CRTCurvature 1 // [[0 or 1] "Barrel effect" enabled (1) or off (0)
#define CRTCurvatureRadius 2.0 // [0.0 to 2.0] Curvature Radius (only effective when Curvature is enabled). Default is 1.5
#define CRTCornerSize 0.0100 // [0.0000 to 0.0020] Higher values, more rounded corner. Default is 0.001
#define CRTDistance 2.00 // [0.00 to 4.00] Simulated distance from viewer to monitor. Default is 2.00
#define CRTAngleX 0.00 // [-0.20 to 0.20] Tilt angle in radians (X coordinates)
#define CRTAngleY -0.15 // [-0.20 to 0.20] Tilt angle in radians (Y coordinates). (Value of -0.15 gives the 'arcade tilt' look)
#define CRTOverScan 1.00 // [1.00 to 1.10] Overscan (e.g. 1.02 for 2% overscan). Default is 1.01
#define CRTOversample 0 // [0 or 1] Enable 3x oversampling of the beam profile (warning : performance hit)

/ Bloom settings /
#define BloomThreshold 23.25 // [0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 2.0 // [0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.01 // [0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /
#define HDRPower .97 // [0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2 0.90 // [0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ LumaSharpen settings /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 1.00 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.35 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 4 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
//I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/*----------------------------------------------------------.
/ Levels settings /
'----------------------------------------------------------*/

#define Levels_black_point 16 // [0 to 255] The black point is the new black - literally. Everything darker than this will become completely black. Default is 16.0
#define Levels_white_point 235 // [0 to 255] The new white point. Everything brighter than this becomes completely white. Default is 235.0

//Colors between the two points will stretched, which increases contrast, but details above and below the points are lost (this is called clipping).

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
#define TechniAmount 0.1 // [0.00 to 1.00]
#define TechniPower 8 // [0.00 to 8.00]
#define redNegativeAmount .50 // [0.00 to 1.00]
#define greenNegativeAmount .80 // [0.00 to 1.00]
#define blueNegativeAmount .50 // [0.00 to 1.00]

/ Cineon DPX settings /
#define Red 8.0 // [1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0 // [1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue 8.0 // [1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma 1.20 // [0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 1.5 // [0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.36 // [0.60 to 0.20]
#define GreenC 0.36 // [0.60 to 0.20]
#define BlueC 0.36 // [0.60 to 0.20]

#define Blend 0.10 // [0.00 to 1.00] How strong the effect should be.

/ Monochrome settings /
#define Monochrome_conversion_values float3(0.18,0.41,0.41) // [0.00 to 1.00] Percentage of RGB to include (should sum up to 1.00)

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue.
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.20, 1.20, 1.20) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.20, 1.20, 1.20) // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

//Note that a value of 1.000 is a neutral setting that leave the color unchanged.

/ Tonemap settings /
#define Gamma 1.15 // [0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones. 1.000 is neutral. This setting does exactly the same as the one in Lift Gamma Gain, only with less control.

#define Exposure 0.01 // [-1.000 to 1.000] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.000 // [-1.000 to 1.000] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.000 // [0.000 to 1.000] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.06 // [0.000 to 1.000] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(.30, .30, .40) // [0.00 to 2.55, 0.00 to 2.55, 0.00 to 2.55] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
#define Vibrance 0.15 // [-1.00 to 1.00] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(-1, -1, -1) // [-10.00 to 10.00,-10.00 to 10.00,-10.00 to 10.00] A per channel multiplier to the Vibrance strength so you can give more boost to certain colors over others

/ Curves settings /
#define Curves_mode 1 // [0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
#define Curves_contrast 0.50 // [-1.00 to 1.00] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7 // [1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10] The contrast s-curve you want to use.
//1 = Sine, 2 = Abs split, 3 = Smoothstep, 4 = Exp formula, 5 = Simplified Catmull-Rom (0,0,1,1), 6 = Perlins Smootherstep
//7 = Abs add, 8 = Techicolor Cinestyle, 9 = Parabola, 10 = Half-circles.
//Note that Technicolor Cinestyle is practically identical to Sine, but runs slower. In fact I think the difference might only be due to rounding errors.
//I prefer 2 myself, but 3 is a nice alternative with a little more effect (but harsher on the highlight and shadows) and it's the fastest formula.

/ Sepia settings /
#define ColorTone float3(1, 1, 0.90) // [0.00 to 2.55, 0.00 to 2.55, 0.00 to 2.55] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower 0.11 // [0.00 to 1.00] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower 0.58 // [0.00 to 1.00] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /
#define VignetteType 1 // [1|2|3] 1 = Original, 2 = New, 3 = TV style
#define VignetteRatio 1.00 // [0.15 to 6.00] Sets a width to height ratio. 1.00 (1/1) is perfectly round, while 1.60 (16/10) is 60 % wider than it's high.
#define VignetteRadius 1.00 // [-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -1.00 // [-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 6 // [2 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // [0.000 to 1.000, 0.000 to 1.000] Center of effect for VignetteType 1. 2 and 3 do not obey this setting.

/ Dither settings /
#define dither_method 1 // [1 or 2] 1 = Ordered dithering (very good and very fast), 2 = Random dithering (different but slightly slower dithering)

//Note that the patterns used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/ Border settings /
#define border_width float2(1,20) // [0 to 2048, 0 to 2048] (X,Y)-width of the border. Measured in pixels.
#define border_color float3(255, 0, 0) // [0 to 255, 0 to 255, 0 to 255] What color the border should be. In integer RGB colors, meaning 0,0,0 is black and 255,255,255 is full white.

/ Splitscreen settings /
#define splitscreen_mode 1 // [1|2|3|4|5|6] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split, 6 = Curvy vertical 50/50 split

/ Custom settings /
#define custom_strength 1.0 // [0.00 to 1.00] Adjust the strength of the effect

Last edited by Madmatt; 02/16/14 03:19 AM.

I used to make computer games for a living so you didn't have to!

My Rig:
CPU: i7 7700K o/c to 5Ghz
GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL RGB DDR4 (3600MHz)
Storage: 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB SSD's, Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SATA SSD, 1 WD Passport 2TB USB HDD
Display: ASUS 34" PG348Q, ASUS 27" VG278HE
Thrustmaster A-10 Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crossfire Rudder Pedals, CH Pro Throttle
TrackIR, Oculus Quest 2
#3912593 - 02/16/14 05:21 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Madmatt Offline
Madmatt  Offline

Florence, Indiana
I think I may add a little bit more gamma into the midrange to help pull everything together. I'll post new screenshots once I have done some more testing.

Madmatt

My Rig:
Storage: 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB SSD's, Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SATA SSD, 1 WD Passport 2TB USB HDD
TrackIR, Oculus Quest 2
#3912596 - 02/16/14 05:47 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

Those are nice pics Madmatt.

I'm interested to see if your settings will look better than what I currently have. I've been experimenting with adding enb with sweetfx as proxy (inside enbseries.ini file) and the results are good so far, but not perfect.

ENB gives me better quality reflection on the glass surfaces (dials, windscreen) and underside of the wings (if it's meant to show a reflection) and combined with sweetfx's lumasharpen, I get good results.

The downside is that ENB's somehow interferes with stock WOFF colors. So, I'm thinking that maybe if I use your sweetfx settings for color, I can get the natural colors back in the game. Also, I get an extra 5 FPS performance hit with ENB.

So, I'll try out your sweetfx settings and see how it looks.

#3912600 - 02/16/14 05:58 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

Yaan-

I have begun using ENB yesterday, and I hadn't noticed any interference with WOFF colors at all. It actually works really well for me.

#3912602 - 02/16/14 06:01 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

cptroyce, which ENB are you using? Maybe I have a dud mad

#3912607 - 02/16/14 06:13 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

I'm using one that I used in OFF. It was by a fellow "Boris Rotonsov"(?). It was with settings by Creaghorn who is now here on the WOFF forum.

I can't recall how I came by it. I don't have the zip, but perhaps if you PM me with your email, I can either zip it up and send it on or try and attach the four files alone to the email.

#3912613 - 02/16/14 06:30 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

Thanks. PM sent.

#3912674 - 02/16/14 01:38 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
corsaire31 Offline
corsaire31  Offline

Toulouse, France

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.
#3912757 - 02/16/14 06:10 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

That's it Corsaire- Thanks for finding that d/l for those that want it. Couldn't recall how I got years ago.

Just a tip..in WOFF, using JSGME to install..make sure you use the current WOFF folder 'OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields' not the one we used in OFF 'CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields'.

#3912770 - 02/16/14 06:44 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Madmatt Offline
Madmatt  Offline

Florence, Indiana
Just a quick update. Been playing with some midtone gamma settings and really happy with the results. I'll try and post some updated pics tonight but I'm about to leave on a business trip so won't be able to do much more until I get back.

Madmatt

My Rig:
TrackIR, Oculus Quest 2
#3912937 - 02/17/14 01:24 AM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Madmatt Offline
Madmatt  Offline

Florence, Indiana
Here are some pics using my latest midtone gamma settings and some more tweaked AntiAliasing settings. Let me know if you like them and I will post my new settings. I've made a set of both in air and on ground pics and left the "Z" display enabled so you can how onscreen text and framerate are affected by the various settings.

GROUND SET
Stock:

SweetFX only (new midtone gamma settings):

AnKors .dll only:

AnKors .dll and SweetFX:

AIR SET
Stock:

SweetFX:

AnKors .dll:

AnKors .dll and SweetFX:

Madmatt

Last edited by Madmatt; 02/17/14 01:25 AM.

My Rig:
TrackIR, Oculus Quest 2
#3913926 - 02/19/14 12:14 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

does the shadowing dll work w/ ATI cards.....been looking thru the ...what is it, 48 pages now? thx

#3913929 - 02/19/14 12:24 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
AnKor Offline
AnKor  Offline

Russia
Yes, it does. The latest version is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2918136/cfs/WOFF_D3D9_Extended.20140215.Beta.zip
I also added this link to the first post of DX converter thread.

#3913959 - 02/19/14 02:32 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

thanks ankor....i'll bung it in and hope it looks as good here as it does on the screenies we've seen

#3913963 - 02/19/14 02:39 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

IMHO the "SweetFX" pics are too satturised in colours.
That looks to me like a "WW1 Celebration Marzipan Tarte".
AnKor's mod combined with WOFF - that's what I like best.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#3913970 - 02/19/14 03:01 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Olham]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Olham

I use SweetFX but I don't use any of the color options. I let Winders colors speak for themselves. I just use the USE_TONEMAP and change only the Gamma levels. Seems to give me nice dark shadows and black smoke, but on bright sunny days, the forests are not too dark. Still looks very close (I think) to how WM made them.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#3914003 - 02/19/14 04:31 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Redwolf2 Offline
Redwolf2  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Ya, going to give props to Hellshade's settings - they are brilliant, imho. I use them with the original Ankor mod (afraid to give up the fps in cockpit for shadows with newest)...but it looks very very good! Thx Hellshade! biggrin

#3914047 - 02/19/14 07:07 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Olham]  
corsaire31 Offline
corsaire31  Offline

Toulouse, France
Originally Posted By: Olham

There is no such thing as "Sweet FX pics" or "ENB pics", they are both only a set of tools and the outcome entirely depends on how you tune the different tools. They can be very, very different !
Only needs some work and testing...

Last edited by corsaire31; 02/19/14 07:08 PM.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.
#3914053 - 02/19/14 07:16 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Corsaire, my post related directly to the comparing pics sent by Madmatt (see above).
So the pics showing ENB activated are therefor "ENB pics".

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#3914116 - 02/19/14 09:57 PM Re: New Batch of Comparrison Pics (updated AnKors and updated SweetFX) [Re: Madmatt]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

still love to have a dummy's guide to installing your "shadows" ankor.....used to have jgsme working as a mod installer but seem to have bothched the reinstall after woff....thx

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.