Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 184 of 240 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 239 240
#3911056 - 02/13/14 03:29 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge *** [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Wesley- can you please IM me the nick of the offender? Crew... if you have the log for that can you figure out the UCID and we'll address that.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3911068 - 02/13/14 04:16 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wesley Offline
Wesley  Offline

Information sent via PM. Couldn't remember the name off hand so I pulled the data from the server log via teamviewer.

#3911162 - 02/13/14 12:43 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Thanks Wesley. As mentioned in PM that was a new one to me as well. I think it was an IP from Austin or San Antonio- can't remember...

On a mission related note a few fixes:

-Changed my ME related randomizer to the MIST one that doesn't draw more frequently first and last options.
-Slowed the tankers down... they were going along at a pretty good clip... not sure why I chose that speed but it's slowed significantly now.
-Adjusted the med script to do away with the geo survivors for now.

This was in routine 1 / 2 / 3 and Advance.

I have a couple other missions developing now- one is a bit shorter and more chopper related and the other, called "Ambush" is buggy and I can't figure out why. The concept is that NATO patrols are working in the general area of the campaign we're all getting quite familiar with by now... and there are a variety of ambush points along the various routes. SAR / SAR support are going to be key. Land mines also play a dominant role in keeping the action moving forward...

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time figuring out why the trigger for the geos to attack EVER gets set- even when the flag is set to go off for sure... Sigh.

Then I went in, frustrated, to go look through a few of the tracks I've accumulated and start working on a video... only to find that all the tracks are completely botched within the first 10 minutes. Ugh.

Anyway- I'm sure I'll get through it but it's pretty fricken annoying.

Last edited by eno75; 02/13/14 12:46 PM.
#3911218 - 02/13/14 02:57 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wesley]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Originally Posted By: Wesley
Information sent via PM. Couldn't remember the name off hand so I pulled the data from the server log via teamviewer.

New name to me. I'll take care of this today.

---> edit
For Heavens sake, why do those Devils do that stuff?

WC

#3911249 - 02/13/14 03:24 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
With all these 3rd PArty Modules on the Horizon (Hawk being very soon),

if they have "MP Compatibility" Versions,
is there consideration of having a SimHQ/Eno Server Mod Pack? (similar to what they do for ArmA II).

I'd hate to have all these 3rd Party Modules Soon, and not being able to use them On Eno's

Originally Posted By: eno75
It's very plausible- and though not every mission will have every aircraft new features will be added as they are available.

What kind of stuff did you have in mind?

I think Devs stated DCS Hawk will be integrated into DCSW, so that wouldnt be any issue,

Not sure about MIG-21, etc.

NTTR with:
A-10A
A-10Cs
F-15Cs
SU-27s
Hawk
Huey and MI-8

And AI F-15Es, F-16s, Migs, Flankers, Tankers, Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

Red Flag missions galore,

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3911654 - 02/14/14 05:27 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Mission Issues...

Eh guys- had some issues with the firehouse today as I transition out of MIST 3.2 and move into 3.3. 3.3 allows for enhanced randomizing (not to mention many other features I have no idea what to do with) and I thought I'd switched most of the "common" missions from the GP campaign over to 3.3 but I evidently missed Routine 1.

It's fixed now. I'm going to keep working on improving replayability and the provision of mission information with periodic updates as well as the F10 radio menu items.

I'm also trying to integrate some enhanced AI "environment" improvement scripts that will help add some activity to the overall area.

I'm considering rebuilding the GP campaign to remain a little more true to the campaign feel... so that I can generate a string of missions that will eventually have something to do with one another.

I like that region and folks being familiar with where they are... I've really seen an improvement in situational awareness not only in my own flying but also in those I fly with. Nice thing about the plan is it's generating a series of simpler missions that are much easier to keep reliable and on track- while also being much easier to provide good periodic info for.

I have been asked to try and provide a bit of a guide to which missions need how many folks- that one is a bit tougher... but a concept I'm playing with is escalating the number of forces involved in the mission based on how many folks are flying. The only issue is if you get 10 people in there and 4 leave... there's no way to really "turn it down."

Last edited by eno75; 02/14/14 05:27 AM.
#3911662 - 02/14/14 06:11 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
sorcer3r Offline
sorcer3r  Offline

Originally Posted By: eno75

I have been asked to try and provide a bit of a guide to which missions need how many folks- that one is a bit tougher... but a concept I'm playing with is escalating the number of forces involved in the mission based on how many folks are flying. The only issue is if you get 10 people in there and 4 leave... there's no way to really "turn it down."

When they leave you could trigger AI OFF for the ground units. So it is "paused" until new clients arrive.

#3911668 - 02/14/14 06:46 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wesley Offline
Wesley  Offline

Is it possible to vary the AI`s skill level? Some games increase AI difficulty with additional clients and reduce it with less. Possibly have some units go to a hold fire type of inactive state? Setup units as primary (essential, never pause task), secondary, etc.?

If it can be implemented - client adjusting missions sounds great!

#3911675 - 02/14/14 07:31 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Sorcerer... that's actually not a bad idea. Depending on the mission I could probably work with it. For example- that routine 1 mission that Wesley commented on about being too easy or not enough targets... if 4 people go into that AO then I activate 1 unit, if 6 then I activate 2 units and if 8 then I activate all 3. And it can be staggered... so if there are only 4 in there... and then 2 more show up then that additional group is activated. I'd need to either group hold / resume along with the AI off... might be worth some thought.

It isn't really practical to try and change the skill- I mean... in some cases you could activate different units with similar objectives based on how many guys enter the area- might be something worth messing around with a little bit.

It would be up to the admin to choose the mission with the level of difficulty that suited the number of players... the thought of having to go and adjust and re-do each unit 3 or 4 times, however, is daunting.

To place the unit is easy enough, and set its route... and in theory that's the point where you could save the mission easy, medium, hard. Then you select the skill level of that unit and then you can add more units at that level of skill and place them as necessary.

A bit easier to activate more groups at a moderate / random skill level... than try and orchestrate upgrading or downgrading the AI level.

#3912188 - 02/15/14 05:16 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Paradise mission, starts around 0400 --

The Blue Liberation Front is being threatened once again. Red Democratic Republic 'settlements' have formed close to Tbilisi City. These two camps must be destroyed.

The Red leaders have promised a 'workers paradise' to the refugees of the recent conflicts. Once the unsuspecting are relocated into these 'settlement workers paradise' camps the gates are locked and forced labor begins.

The RDR spent months preparing an attack against Tbilisi City. Just hours ago, Red armor was detected in Tbilisi, and artillery is being supplied by air and is expected to follow the armor.

WC

#3912205 - 02/15/14 07:11 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Haven't been down to Vaz for awhile...

#3912261 - 02/15/14 12:52 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Quick question... I was loading a controller lua in the controls page and accidentally loaded an a-10 c lua on a ka-50 how do I reset? There are a bunch of A-10 commands loaded and I can't get rid of them. Help

#3912270 - 02/15/14 01:43 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Can't just delete the ka50 input file in saved games / dcs?

#3912343 - 02/15/14 05:09 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
hEY mOL,
lOOK IN dcs\

OOOPS who switched my CAPS LOCK key?

C:\Users\WC\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

And then under the Ka-50 folder, and then under the control folder and delete the files in it.

WC

#3912485 - 02/15/14 10:59 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
GRAD EX is running on Hollo Pointe. <-- That one is all A-10s, and Cold Starts to boot. It is one of the *best* missions I've played.

---

Working on Paradise. Taking lessons from GRAD EX -- to consolidate things. Paradise is AAA baby -- no SAMs. Making the targets easier to kill and adding secondary explosions that I'm liking more and more -- think about when the Forts blow up in Huey Apocalypse.

---

I'm off to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey -- neighbor coming over who's never seen it. Woot! This will be my 135th time... but who's counting.
Where's HAL? My buddy.

WC

"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
#3912488 - 02/15/14 11:00 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wesley Offline
Wesley  Offline

Found this at my grandfather's. Is PC Piloting hereditary? biggrin

#3912677 - 02/16/14 01:45 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Molasses Offline
Molasses  Offline

Missouri
Thanks Eno and crew I did try to delete the lua I put I that folder but I didn't delete everything I will give that a shot.

Yep... that fixed it... thanks.

Did I tell ya I hate mapping controls banghead

Last edited by Molasses; 02/16/14 03:37 PM.
#3912967 - 02/17/14 02:46 AM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Anyone following this HAWK development at all? Sounds like it's on the doorstep. Anyone going to be flying it?

I'm thinking I might hold off on introducing it on the server right out of the gate unless it's just "stress test" style missions. We've finally achieved stability in the MP environment- and now we're introducing a whole new platform. Undoubtedly there will be teething problems and that's fine- but I don't want to compromise all of the missions (again).

I'm still working through some issues with the GP missions and am currently rebuilding the campaign with new missions that actually flow in a particular order... so we'll see how that works out. I'm trying to build it in a similar fashion that crew did his campaign...

For example during the initial mission of the campaign the Geo's begin shelling 3 different access points and the respective defensive Abbie forces. The campaign NEEDS to move forward from there, otherwise it just ends... but basically at a certain point either from damage inflicted by artillery or other means, one of these access points is going to be compromised by a broken will to fight and a withdrawal out of range. The subsequent mission (3 options) will then be loaded. At this point things get a bit more tedious to work through and while I won't have a truly dynamic campaign (ie: forces blown up in one mission are still in the field in the next- or damaged bridges not still being damaged etc)... it will determine the type of mission that follows- mainly offensive / defensive / supportive / protective.

An enemy assault achieves its objectives, the upcoming mission would likely be an assault on those gains with increased SEAD requirements. If the enemy assault is thwarted, the next mission may be supporting an offensive assault against broken and lower skill forces in a hasty defense.

Each mission will have 2 or 3 different outcomes- and yes, while the missions do all take place in about the same area- the entire map is the "same area" no matter where we go so changing the venue doesn't really enhance the experience. It's all the same terrain, same buildings, same roads...

Anyway... I know guys need a bit of a break from it so I'm putting some other missions up now including EB+D and Killbox. The latter still has some sync issues- but I'm hoping to figure those out sooner than later so it can once again be run reliably.

#3913580 - 02/18/14 03:04 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: eno75]  
Wesley Offline
Wesley  Offline

Flying last night with Pipe and Crew in Grad Ex was very good. I would start things off taking out the long range SAMs and some of the IRs if I had an extra mav.

My payload was:
40% fuel, 50% gun, 6x AGM-65H, TGP, 60 flares, 300 chaff. Really, really light!

I'd fly in at about 22,000ft and use the force correlate function to target the Sa-6 radar and the TOR. I'd rifle one for the Sa-6 at ~14nm slant range and two for the Sa-15 TOR at about ~14nm and ~13nm slant (it often shoots down the first). Even though the mission is early morning, there is enough light to see by the CCD sensor of the mavH. I'd prefer the IR sensor, but the mavD can't correlate and I need more then 2. The Sa-6 would shoot at me, but I could turn tail and run, with the closest of missiles often not even passing into 20,000ft AGL - so there's a small envelope of safe space.....

Pipe and Crew took on the bunker encampment, and results varied - we ran into a bug with the Mi8 not triggering when dead and other times the bunker decided to be a sponge for explosives. Safe to say, it's worth taking 2000lb'ers for it as a multitude of 500's doesn't suffice. Other then those two small issues, the rest was demolished in very short order by Pipe and Crew.

We each got hit at some point by either an Sa-8 or AAA, getting a bit cocky once the target count had been substantially lowered. Once the artillery group activated, another player flew over and absorbed 3 or 4 missiles from the Sa-8 and MANPADs group.

The only suggestion I have for now would be to space out the Sa-8 and MANPADs from each other slightly - running in with a heavy mav - G or K, and targeting the Sa-8...there's enough boom to wipe the MANPADs out aswell, removing the Sam threat a tad easily. However, the fact that it spawns when most will be RTB to re-arm is quit nasty, if you think it'll be a leisurely flight back.....you won't be making it!

Overall, I really like Grad Ex. It has ample opportunity to try many things many different ways. There's targets that require the high altitude search-and-destroy we groaned over from before, low altitude strafing opportunity, places for guided bombs, mavericks and cluster bombs as well. Little bit of everything. In fact, I made sure to keep an offline copy for single player practice! The only downside is that the mission isn't tailored for many players, I'd only recommend two to four - and it's really meant for the A-10. A lot of damage can be achieved in one sortie, even with minimal ordinance so you don't need a large force to work the AO.

----

Myself and Pipe both ran into a bug where after landing to re-arm, the radio menu was inaccessible. Neither the keyboard command or HOTAS functions could bring it up. In fact, we had to go as far as shutting down and restarting our clients to get it back. This occurring in any other missions?

#3913592 - 02/18/14 03:48 PM Re: Eno's Firehouse and Crew's Hollo Pointe server lounge [Re: Wesley]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: Wesley
and as he turned to go for a second pass - with a full load he stalled and crashed

hahahaha, that's funny...

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Page 184 of 240 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.