Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3912364 - 02/15/14 06:06 PM Pledge Ship Availability  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
I'm wondering if there is going to be another offering, before the retail release, of some of the pledge ships that are no longer available. Clearly they don't need the money, so I wouldn't expect that to be a driver. I see the stuff being sold on reddit and I'd really like to get a super hornet or merchantman, but for the "wampum" they're asking... it's not going to happen.

Supposedly the dogfight module (DFM) will be out in April/2014... that's building a little anticipation. For now, I'm just doing laps around my hangar counting down by singing "XXX bottles of beer on the wall...take one down, pass it around XXX-1 bottles of beer on the wall". I'm a slow counter and I'm starting from 1 billion, so DFM should be here before I hit single digits

------------
<Uh... put signature here... and stuff>
#3912378 - 02/15/14 06:28 PM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

As far as I know there will be no more pledge ship sales. The only thing they have left with LTI will be upgrade packages to the frelancer and constellation but they wont sell the base ship with LTI again only the upgrade so if you have a LTI ship you can upgrade it and keep the LTI or if you have a standard ship you can upgrade it and keep the standard insurance.

If you are looking for a LTI ship you can check out the ship sales reddit. They seem to have a good mix of stuff for sale.

#3912420 - 02/15/14 07:53 PM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: Master]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
I'm not concerned specifically about the LTI, that seems trivial. The extra seat in the Super Hornet would be nice though.

There was the mention of a 'data courier' ship a few stretch goals ago... I don't recall if they mentioned that they'd offer that up, pre game release though.

------------
#3912449 - 02/15/14 09:23 PM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I dont think they are going to sell any new ships. The new ones in the stretch goal will be included in the game but not for sale before the game releases.

#3912961 - 02/17/14 02:34 AM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
Some of the latest stretch goal ships sound interesting... I need to figure out a way to get the Origin 890 JUMP. I can't wait for them to get all the ships built so we can start checking them out. Hopefully the alpha and beta go smoothly so we can get the retail release in 2015:

Aegis Surveyor – The Surveyor, from noted military contractor Aegis, is an industrial-quality salvage ship. Equipped with a reinforced cargo bay, a long-range jump drive and launch pods for unmanned drones, the Surveyor is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tool chest on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft.

Anvil Carrack – The Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. Features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

Drake Herald – Knowledge is power, and one of the most valuable commodities is pure information: the 1s and 0s behind everything from UEC ledgers to Citizenship ratings. Whether it’s colonists struggling to stay in contact with the UEE’s central worlds or criminals trading in illicit data, there will always be a need to securely move data. The Drake Herald, small, armored ship, is designed to fit that need and safely get that information from Point A to Point B. Featuring a powerful central engine (for high speed transit and generating the power needed for effective data encryption/containment), advanced encryption software and an armored computer core, the Herald is unique among personal spacecraft in that it is designed to be easily ‘cleaned’ when in danger of capture. The Herald includes an array of heavy duty internal options for data protection, including redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission.

but I've got my eye on

Origin 890 JUMP – The rumors are true: Origin Jumpworks has a larger ship in the works! The Origin 890 JUMP is an interstellar super-yacht with exquisite styling and an array of high quality upgrade options. Travel the stars in style with multiple decks, high visibility windows and a small boat bay. Whether you’re outfitting it to explore new worlds or to take a pleasure cruise through Terra, the 890 JUMP is the epitome of luxury, class and refinement!

------------
#3921770 - 03/08/14 04:37 AM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Farcaster Offline
Farcaster  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Chris Roberts has confirmed in a recent 10 for the Chairman that there will be future sales, and the Jump 890 for sure will be among them. Other recently announced ships not yet confirmed for sales prior to release, but odds are good.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron. Or else He's the dumbest designer that ever lived."
- Spider Robinson, Mindkiller
#3921794 - 03/08/14 06:18 AM Re: Pledge Ship Availability [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Yes but it won't have LTI though.

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.