Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3896165 - 01/16/14 02:46 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

The good thing about such additional stuff is IMHO, that you can buy it later,
if you don't have the money right now. You can save for it.

And nothing OBD ever made was expensive - that word is a very relative one.
I can go out and eat a delicious Sushi at my fav Japanese restaurant, and I'll
pay 30,- Euro for it.
I love Sushi and do that occasionally.
But when it is eaten, is is done, and 30 Euro are spent.
How much more and longer-time-value could I get for the money if I bought the add-on?

I find it pointless to debate their business model here - nobody desperately needs
the additional Eindeckers. WOFF will be fine without them.
But one day I may decide to add a little more to my sim - and then I can buy it.

Last edited by Olham; 01/16/14 02:48 PM.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#3896212 - 01/16/14 04:10 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Quote:
So, for me, twenty five bucks is nothing. Especially for something that is interactive, won't give me cancer, won't give me Cirrhosis, won't stunt my intellect.

+1.

#3896279 - 01/16/14 05:47 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Creaghorn]  
Rugbyfan1972 Offline
Rugbyfan1972  Offline

Lancashire, UK
Originally Posted By: Creaghorn
I, for my part wouldn't be interested in Snipes and Fokker EV if that would be an addon.

Creaghorn,

Careful, you run the risk of upsetting UKWidowmaker taking about his beloved Snipe in that manner. lol

On a serious note, each to their own, as Trooper17 said, if the add on packs drop in price at a future date he (and possibly others) will buy something that is at the present time too expensive for them relative to the main WOFF sim itself.

I have just purchased the add on pack, now to install WOFF on my PC and start learning how to live or die 1915 style, assuming I can make it through training in one piece.

6 X USB 2.0 Ports
GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card 8GB VRAM
32GB Ram
Intel Core i7 7700K, Quad Core, 4.2GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
Gigabyte B85-HD3 Motherboard S1150
Intel stock cooler
5TB HDD
1.5 TB SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 32MB
Corsair 850W
Samsung (SH-S223L) DVD +/- RW 22x (SATA)
Samsung (SH-D162D) 16x DVD-ROM Black (IDE)
Creative Audigy SE 7.1 (PCI)
Antec Twelve Hundred Black
#3896293 - 01/16/14 06:04 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
stridge Offline
stridge  Offline

central NC, USA
I love early war planes! Downloading...

The devs have done a remarkable job with this game and a commendable job with constant patches and updates. I supported That Other WW1 Flying Game through thick and thin (and OFF before that) and plan to do the same for this one.

#3896355 - 01/16/14 07:16 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
karnak Offline
karnak  Offline

Downloading now smile
I am pretty sure that i will buy all addons that will come. But i spend a lot of time with WOFF (and also with PWCG wink ) so for me the price is realy ok but everyone have to decide for themself.

#3896384 - 01/16/14 07:44 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Mr. Lucky Offline
Mr. Lucky  Offline

Like Olham I always tie the value of things to pizzas. A large pizza costs about 20 dollars. Fairly often we'll eat a pizza and think little of it. And it basically ends up down the toilet. So, the add-on is a little bit more than a pizza and you get to keep and use it a lot longer. However, if the period isn't an interest and you don't want to buy it that's fair. The price may seem steep if it's something you don't really want but, that being the case, just don't get it. It's not necessary to knock the value. Value is subjective anyway.

On another note, as has been mentioned, the support of these people has been unparalleled. Also, they're not a developing house. For those of us who have been with them from the beginning remember the struggles with trying to find a new engine, server upgrades, hosting services, etc. Many of us donated money to the cause because we knew these guys were working on their own time and mostly dime. This was started as a labor of love and grew into a tremendous gift. I doubt they're making much money and even if they are clearing a little bit, they deserve it after all the years of work. And they're still at it. They even take the time to try and help those on unsupported systems! So, $25 might be steep for 2 planes but there's a lot more bundled in that even beyond what WM and Pol stated. I'm not going to denegrate or guilt anyone who doesn't want it or even think it's a good value, but I will ask them to consider what's going on not only behind the scenes but behind the doors, what's been done in the past and what the future holds.

I enjoy many games and sims, even the other WWI sim, but these guys deserve special merit because they have worked tirelessly not only to provide us the closest experience to what we so deeply wish we could do but to make sure it keeps getting better and better, closer and closer. And even to somewhat tailor things to how we ask. Even the first two iterations of OFF were free of charge. To some, it may not be readily apparent, but they listen, they explain and they care. No, $25 isn't too steep. At the very least it's backpay and reward. Not to mention, an excellent investment.

#3896416 - 01/16/14 08:46 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
GrimReaper Offline
GrimReaper  Offline

Since it is optional content, as usual comes down to your own personal preference on what your willing to spend, perceived value, and your desire for the specific content being offered. Simple as that, really no argument or debate. Developers are free to price games any way they see fit, but certainly customers can provide their opinions too for future consideration.

Without a doubt the developers have delivered an excellent game and have provided probably the best support I have ever seen for a game. But even with that, I am not typically inclined to just buy something to "show support" to the developers. I believe I have done that already by purchasing a $60 game (plus spending $10 on CFS3), which is a fair exchange of funds for the game. I have also talked about the game in a positive way in discussion areas that I participate. I am sure others feel differently and that is absolutely fine, but for me I will buy games and DLC based on the variables mentioned above, price, value, and desire for the content from my own viewpoint.

In this particular case, I don't have enough desire for this specific content to really even consider the price and value side of it, unless it was dirt cheap:)

Anyway, just another viewpoint on the game....we will see what future DLC will come our way for future consideration.

#3896417 - 01/16/14 08:46 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Nowi Offline
Nowi  Offline

Florida
[b][b][b][b]As several people have said, all is relative and a matter personal choice.

When I look back at the many PC games I've purchased over the years, their prices were about the same. But the value that I received from games differed widely. One game cost $50, was played a few times, was deleted, and then put on a shelf. But a game like Red Baron 3D remained on my box for years. I'm sure that one of the best purchase I ever made was RB3D, if you broke it down to cost-per-hour-played.

I bought the Fokker Scourge add-on because I believe that WOFF is going to be, for me, another RB3D. And I also hope that by shelling out the money I'm both rewarding the WOFF team and incentivizing them to continue to improve the game.

Nowi
#3896459 - 01/16/14 10:19 PM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
RamblingSid Offline
RamblingSid  Offline

NSW, Australia
Hi people,

got it yesterday. Cost slightly more than half
a carton of decent beer, bargain!

Devs, more power to you.

RS

#3896510 - 01/17/14 12:12 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Glubber Offline
Glubber  Offline

Value is relative to you and your bank account. My bank account said, "Hello no."

But my finger clicked "Buy now."

Worth it.

#3896521 - 01/17/14 12:21 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Yeah, my click-finger is like that too, Glubber.
Bank accounts are bloodless pursers - what do they know about having fun?

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#3896541 - 01/17/14 12:53 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Spinkick Offline
Spinkick  Offline

Michigan
25 double bacon cheeseburgers

#3896544 - 01/17/14 12:54 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Spinkick Offline
Spinkick  Offline

Michigan
I buy these even if i dont care about the planes included because i want to keep the lights on and further the development of this great game.

#3896556 - 01/17/14 01:23 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
A couple of pizzas from Pizza Hut. Easy call for me to order The Fokker Scourge, but I am also fortunate that I am in a place where that kind of money doesn't cause me any troubles to spend. Obviously everybody is in their own situation and I respect that. Being that I can afford it with no worries, I was happy to purchase it and am glad that I did even though I'm not usually into the 1915 planes.

I did it mostly for the same reason Spinkick did it. If we keep the "lights on" at OBD, then maybe someday we will have Gotha bombers and Zeps in the sim...and other cool planes or features that I haven't even thought of yet. Frankly, after the 1.11 patch, WOFF is more than everything I had hoped for in the sim, both in terms of features and performance.

As for Developer support, it's only been a little over a month since WOFF released and we've had 12(!!!)patches and the first add-on pack - The Fokker Scourge - released. Talk about fantastic developer support? OBD takes the Gold Medal.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#3896557 - 01/17/14 01:25 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
BrianRubin Offline
BrianRubin  Offline

Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: Winding Man
You are not only buying two aircraft but the squadrons, skins and deep historical campaign play associated with them.

#%&*$#, you sold me right there. Daaaaamn you. wink

#3896561 - 01/17/14 01:49 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
I'll be clicking "Buy" tomorrow A.M.
My feeling are similar to Spinkicks but I may give an EIII a shot.
Hate for there to be a plane I haven't been killed in yet.
Who knows? Maybe 1915 could be fun. I've read "Wind in the wires" so I have got the proper background.

#3896567 - 01/17/14 02:08 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
I am an early war enthusiast so it was an easy decision to buy Fokker Scourge. What I didn't expect was the feeling I had when I upped my E.I for the first time from FFA 62 in August 1915. As I surveyed the sky I realized I was the top predator, the same feeling I would think the German Fokker E series pilots had in WWI during those times. Never experienced that feeling in a WWI sim before in an E series Fokker!

My days are numbered, but for now...time to go hunting! ready

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#3896577 - 01/17/14 02:36 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Glad to see you still alive and kicking Bucksnort.
And it would appear your bombing mission bug has been fixed!

#3896593 - 01/17/14 03:09 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: DukeIronHand]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Glad to see you still alive and kicking Bucksnort.
And it would appear your bombing mission bug has been fixed!

Yep, they have finally let me drop bombs. I don't think they trusted me until I flew all those recon missions to make sure I knew where the front lines were hahaha

#3896636 - 01/17/14 05:01 AM Re: Addon Pack 1 : Fokker Scourge Now Available [Re: Winding Man]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
When I joined FFA 62 on August 1st 1915 to fly my new E.I Fokker I was alone on my first flight so I didn't pay much attention to who else was in the squad. I assumed FFA 62 was one of the mixed squads with just one E.I allocated as I had to enlist at the highest rank to fly it through Manual Deployment.

Before my second flight I met a couple of junior officers in my squad by the name of Max Immelmann and Oswald Boelcke. Max was talking about some maneuver he was working on and Oswald was carrying around a little notepad.

On my second sortie Oswald flew as my wingman. On our way home we found a flight of three BE2c who had just bombed our home airfield. Of course we took offense to that and gave chase. They turned to head back towards their lines which put them in the afternoon sun. After a short chase we caught up to them but they were somewhat hard to see looking directly into the sun and we had no altitude advantage to build up speed for a diving pass. As we pressed our attack we came under fire and Oswald turned back. I pressed on only to be wounded with no claim to show for my efforts.

After 8 days in the hospital when I returned Oswald showed me his notepad with its first entry: "Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you." Smart aleck kid, he had titled the page Dicta Boelcke...oh well, maybe he's right.

I'll keep my eye on these two and try to keep them out of trouble as I think they show promise. Guess I'll go talk to Max and see how his new fancy pants maneuver is coming along.

My flight with Boelcke was exactly as described and I could just hear his words as I limped home. The Fokker Scourge puts you right in the middle of where it all started. pilot

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM