Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3886581 - 12/31/13 02:02 AM That old aileron bug...  
tn_prvteye Offline
Captain Awesome
tn_prvteye  Offline
Captain Awesome

Nash'Vegas, TN, USA
Ok, first lemme just say that WOFF (fun to say out loud, by the way) is hands-down the most in depth WWI sim I have ever played. Bought the game, the skins, the music, all of it.

However (you knew this was coming)...I still seem to have that aileron damage bug from Phase 2 and 3. It seems that no matter what, if I take ANY damage, my aileron authority gets cut in half. I realize that the top of the wings are a BIG target, but it doesn't seem right that the ailerons go out every time. I just hear that "thud" of a bullet strike and I know that my maneuverability is gone. Is anyone else seeing this? Or have I lost my mind (entirely plausible).

And yes, I know the rule is "then just don't get shot!"

"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
#3886589 - 12/31/13 02:09 AM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: tn_prvteye]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

Nope, I haven't experienced this yet. I've been shot up in various missions quite a number of times, but still have some aileron control.

#3886733 - 12/31/13 12:06 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: tn_prvteye]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: tn_prvteye
Ok, first lemme just say that WOFF (fun to say out loud, by the way) is hands-down the most in depth WWI sim I have ever played. Bought the game, the skins, the music, all of it.

However (you knew this was coming)...I still seem to have that aileron damage bug from Phase 2 and 3. It seems that no matter what, if I take ANY damage, my aileron authority gets cut in half. I realize that the top of the wings are a BIG target, but it doesn't seem right that the ailerons go out every time. I just hear that "thud" of a bullet strike and I know that my maneuverability is gone. Is anyone else seeing this? Or have I lost my mind (entirely plausible).

+1
I have the same problem - every bullet hit = flight controls damage. Is it intentionaly or bug?

#3886759 - 12/31/13 01:30 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: tn_prvteye]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Actually I'm surprised how agile I mostly stay even after getting plastered with bullets. It is definitely sorted and that was one of the higher priorities in the new damage modelling. So maybe bad luck? maybe staying in the line of fire too long? It's a difference if you get hit for a second or for 3 seconds. Maybe you should also try other settings. Less accurate guns is what I use. Maybe you should try that too. Maybe you should try the opposite and set it to accurate. Then you possible will get hit less often because it's more of a stream, but if they hit you, damage will be for sure more severe.

#3886763 - 12/31/13 01:42 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: Creaghorn]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

Originally Posted By: Creaghorn
Less accurate guns is what I use.

Is this setting more historically accurate gameplay?

#3886775 - 12/31/13 02:04 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: JJJ65]  
Winding Man Offline
Winding Man  Offline

Jhb, South Africa
Originally Posted By: JJJ65
Originally Posted By: tn_prvteye

+1
I have the same problem - every bullet hit = flight controls damage. Is it intentionaly or bug?

No just your luck so far - DM is all new for WOFF....

WM

OBD Software
#3886780 - 12/31/13 02:14 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: tn_prvteye]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
As a take off of one of the questions above, what is the most historic (realistic) setting for guns ???

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#3886786 - 12/31/13 02:23 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: tn_prvteye]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Sounds like some really bad luck. I've had many of my aircraft shot full of holes without losing manoeuverability like that. In OFF, it would have happened every time. It was very annoying and I'm sure I'd have noticed it if it were still in WOFF.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#3886797 - 12/31/13 02:38 PM Re: That old aileron bug... [Re: Panama Red]  
RoFfan Offline
RoFfan  Offline

Originally Posted By: Panama Red
As a take off of one of the questions above, what is the most historic (realistic) setting for guns ???

I use "less accurate" for all of the air to air weapons. You can still hit stuff from 200m or more that way, but not very effectively. Better to shoot from 50m or less just like the real pilots preferred. This topic should have its own thread.

The aileron damage is definitely not a bug, and it doesn't happen every time I take hits. I really seems to depend on where I'm hit. I've seen damage to my wing tip and my roll rate is slowed a bit. If I have bullet strikes further inside my wing my roll rate is almost gone. Is there a similar reduction in control authority for the elevator or rudder? I have not encountered it yet.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.