Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3868335 - 11/27/13 12:41 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: Destraex
My point was that if the simulation is to be real then unlocks are an advantage. Especially one to vets who will have played the campaign when noobs enter an online server not having done so.

If a player who just bought the game enters a server where vets that have dozens, maybe hundreds of hours of experience with the sim prowl the virtual skies the lack of a headrest or armoured windscreen will be their smallest problem.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3868363 - 11/27/13 02:21 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

LOL! Word... That'd be me in RoF.
No matter what planes/add on I bought I still learn a lot every time I fly...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3868372 - 11/27/13 03:02 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Quote:
I actually think they need to model pilot fatigue with no head rest

Funny is that dev's start a poll about model this, but "online dogfighter's" don't like of the idea... smile

Sokol1

#3868500 - 11/27/13 08:14 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
My point was that if the simulation is to be real then unlocks are an advantage. Especially one to vets who will have played the campaign when noobs enter an online server not having done so.

If a player who just bought the game enters a server where vets that have dozens, maybe hundreds of hours of experience with the sim prowl the virtual skies the lack of a headrest or armoured windscreen will be their smallest problem.

...and that right there is why I don't play on those types of servers or game modes! Coop only for me if I fly MP, otherwise it's SP only. I do not have the time or energy to devote to getting that good just to stay alive more than 3 mins. The cost/benefit ratio is highly negative for me.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3868533 - 11/27/13 09:07 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Destraex Offline
Destraex  Offline

How about like me recently.
I have played il2. I hear Clod has been fixed by team fusion 4.
All the servers are running it.
Brilliant. I jump on with my friends and we immediately start playing online. Runs smooth as silk and works great.
If I had to finish the campaign before being able to do this it would be a non-start for me.
I am new but I also do not mind getting shot down either. You learn a lot faster from getting shot down by a person than AI and you learn a lot more quickly from the friendly Clod community than from playing a campaign.

If I want another friend to join us online. Should I be saying that in BOS you have to complete a campaign to get an extra edge otherwise not only experience but stats are against the noobs? Do you think somebody undecided on the game who purchased it thinking they were going to be able to join the squad in the friendly skies should be told they have to put 40hrs into a lonely campaign first?

Last edited by Destraex; 11/27/13 09:09 PM.
#3868535 - 11/27/13 09:17 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
Some people love to make mountains of molehills.

#3868538 - 11/27/13 09:35 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
I used to love/hate flying on dogfighting servers

Had a lot of fun, more fun than not so in the end, it was over

#3868541 - 11/27/13 09:49 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Sethos88]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: Sethos88
Some people love to make mountains of molehills.

/this.

yep

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3868547 - 11/27/13 10:10 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Jedi Master]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

...and that right there is why I don't play on those types of servers or game modes! Coop only for me if I fly MP, otherwise it's SP only. I do not have the time or energy to devote to getting that good just to stay alive more than 3 mins. The cost/benefit ratio is highly negative for me.

The Jedi Master

I'm a co-op guy too as a matter of preference - it's about the mission, not air quake.

I would from time to time though if Co-ops were slow in Hyperlobby I'd mess around in "Zeke vs Wildcat" or similar rooms. I'd take my time, climb high over my base before moving on, and fly around looking for an unwary target.
Co-ops are where it's at though. Lots of good memories from the IL2 heyday. Sadly my internet connection is too slow since moving a few years ago to fly online. It's been 6 years or so, and I miss it. I miss killing Beowulf and Billfish!

#3868592 - 11/28/13 01:48 AM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Gambit21]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Gambit21

I would from time to time though if Co-ops were slow in Hyperlobby I'd mess around in "Zeke vs Wildcat" or similar rooms. I'd take my time, climb high over my base before moving on, and fly around looking for an unwary target.

Same tactics here..i wonder if that was you i used to see loning around at similar height lol.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3868605 - 11/28/13 02:03 AM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Destraex Offline
Destraex  Offline

That's why I play a few coop missions in Cliffs of Dover vs the AI with friends now that I know how to make coop missions.
I also currently play online on the ATAG team fusion 4 server to get the coop missions with some humans as enemy. They have AI bomber flights etc to intercept.

None of this is simply take off and dogfight but plays more like the BOB did.

Last edited by Destraex; 11/28/13 02:04 AM.
#3868612 - 11/28/13 02:38 AM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Ajay]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: Ajay
Originally Posted By: Gambit21

Same tactics here..i wonder if that was you i used to see loning around at similar height lol.

LOL, could be.
I remember you from back then. smile

#3868719 - 11/28/13 12:39 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Georgio Offline
Georgio  Offline

Hockley, UK
Used to love it when Crop Duster organised a co-op on hyperlobby years ago. They were usually fun and satisfying to fly. I always wondered what happened to him.

#3868843 - 11/28/13 03:46 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ya good old crop duster

There was a member about a year or so ago who was going under the moniker of Crop, I made a commnet that we used to have a crop duster around and he PMed me letting me know he was indeed crop duster, Then he dissappered again.

#3868918 - 11/28/13 07:28 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
I remember Crop Duster.
I flew a lot with Seahawk89

I hosted quite a few of my own missions in those days too.
I put so much time into mission building back then - no way I could get away with that now.

#3878240 - 12/16/13 08:35 PM Re: Did anybody notice their are unlocks to get for aircraft parts? [Re: Destraex]  
RAF74_Raptor Offline
Jurrasic
RAF74_Raptor  Offline
Jurrasic

TN
Those were the good days when the 74th used to fill the skies. Now sadly we truly are the few.

Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.