Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
#3925861 - 03/17/14 10:58 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
Ojokoltsa Offline
Ojokoltsa  Offline

Judging by the few videos I’ve seen so far I have to say that the game looks amazing!

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB – ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3925962 - 03/17/14 02:30 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: Ojokoltsa]  
TheBlackPenguin Offline
TheBlackPenguin  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ojokoltsa
Judging by the few videos I’ve seen so far I have to say that the game looks amazing!

It is rather amazing, and already quite addictive smile.

#3926330 - 03/18/14 07:54 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
BULL Offline
BULL  Offline

well for me...it gives me the sense of that gritty blade runner feel at the space port. I think they are doing a fantastic job and cant wait for the Beta.

#3926367 - 03/18/14 11:56 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: komemiute]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: komemiute
Just found:

First hand account of Alpha 3.0 experience...

http://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dangerous-...quite-brilliant

Sounds great!

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3926711 - 03/18/14 11:37 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
stewartforgie Offline
stewartforgie  Offline

Grangemouth. Scotland.
Watch this vid and you will be in no doubt that ELITE is back biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q8VBnPy8Y

Cheers,
Stewart.
#3926735 - 03/19/14 12:47 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Gosh that's extremely cool.
And kudos to the guy for that impressive piece of unassisted-flight! :O

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3926767 - 03/19/14 01:55 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: stewartforgie
Watch this vid and you will be in no doubt that ELITE is back biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q8VBnPy8Y

Nice to see he uses my stick too. A basic set up, but dammit I love it.
I love that there's not 1000 HUD elements in the way. There's less floating around blocking your vision than in the last 3 Ghost Recon games.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3927416 - 03/20/14 01:35 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Time for some news...

Close up inspection 360° of the Coriolis Station.

Dev Diaries #11

Plus: Interview to Senior Designer Sandro Sammarco.
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13522

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3927791 - 03/21/14 03:02 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
This is shaping up a lot better than I first thought it would. It's going to a long wait until the release (I only backed at the normal release level), but there's no way I would spend the sort of money asked to access alpha or beta.

#3928000 - 03/21/14 02:48 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

Ditto on both counts. This looks great and IMO people are nuts to be throwing so much money at unfinished games.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#3928007 - 03/21/14 02:53 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Essentially I agree with both.

My only luck was that I slowly increased my pledge 10$ a month for an year exactly.
I didn't feel it.

But now I've got the slightly faster heartbeat when I think I'll be playing soon... yep

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3928426 - 03/22/14 10:02 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: komemiute]  
BULL Offline
BULL  Offline

Originally Posted By: komemiute
Essentially I agree with both.

My only luck was that I slowly increased my pledge 10$ a month for an year exactly.
I didn't feel it.

But now I've got the slightly faster heartbeat when I think I'll be playing soon... yep

I wish I'd done something like that!

Never thought I'd be this excited about a game as I am about Elite Dangerous

#3928454 - 03/22/14 12:41 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Heh. Mine was a true gamble.
I had hopes but admittedly communications, pictures and media in general were very sparse from Frontier for the best part of an year. Then... the Damocles video.

That was the moment pledgers realised that their dreams could really become true.

Now with every alpha release it's getting better and better.
Hopefully by April Beta starts and then whatever happens in the rest of he world isn't my problem anymore...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3928460 - 03/22/14 01:00 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

It is a massive amount of money to get an early alpha that as you would expect, has a lot of bugs and placeholders. Though having said that just flying around and admiring the space station, or asteroid fields is a joy to behold. Like komemiute, I increased my pledge gradually over the period of the KS campaign. Once in a while I would think "I will treat myself to a PC game". More often than not, I found nothing interested me. So I would go to KS and up my pledge by a small amount on ED instead.

I started with £30, the price of a PC game here in the UK. By the time the KS campaign ended I had pledged £150 over a period of around 1 year. So when Alpha was offered for anyone prepared to pay the difference between their KS pledge and the alpha price, I decided to climb aboard.

To put this into perspective. The £200 I paid for Elite is tiny compared to the total cost of the utter dross masquerading as PC games I have bought over the past few years.

#3928659 - 03/22/14 11:28 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
Lancelot Offline
Lancelot  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Looking better and better every day, and i's shaping up as i was hoping from a new Elite version with today technology.

Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
#3932287 - 03/30/14 11:40 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
After watching a couple of vids, I'm pretty impressed with what they have so far, especially after seeing this one:

This is looking better than Star Citizen to me, and I'm already a backer of SC biggrin

Thankfully I have room in my gaming for more than one awesome new space sim.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3932378 - 03/31/14 04:43 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: kludger]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Originally Posted By: kludger
After watching a couple of vids, I'm pretty impressed with what they have so far, especially after seeing this one:

This is looking better than Star Citizen to me, and I'm already a backer of SC biggrin

Thankfully I have room in my gaming for more than one awesome new space sim.

That looks great. Definitely some great gaming coming up for us in the near future smile

#3932415 - 03/31/14 08:09 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Latest news!

Michael Brookes
Executive Producer

Frontier Developers Log
Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.3 is now available and as always thanks for everyone’s feedback and reports on the previous release, it’s helped us identify a number of issues that we’ve spent the last week busy hard at work, working through them. It’s still not perfect, but it is better. We’ve addressed a lot of the issues that were causing the common symptoms for multiplayer experience and stability, enough that we’re now ready for you all to hammer the build again to see what has improved for you and to isolate remaining problems. Please make sure to report any issues through the tickets raised in the launcher and feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

Michael

Last Alpha approaches and so does the BETA!
I'm still mouthwatering at the thought of Beta by end of April...

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3935169 - 04/06/14 05:11 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

Wow. This is the type of space sim I have literally dreamt about playing. Braben and co. might be creating magic here.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#3935210 - 04/06/14 12:13 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Alpha is released [Re: stewartforgie]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

If you have the money...
As I wrote in the other thread...

The latest Elite newsletter that was sent had a good deal of news: lotsa pics, new information, a paper model of the Coriolis station...

Then... BAM...

For anyone still interested in joining the Alpha now but unsure if it is worth it for a short period of time before we start the Premium Beta - here are two fantastic reasons;
- As we move into the Beta process, all Premium and standard Beta builds will be given exclusively to the Alpha players first.
- Also, all Alpha players will be granted a life time discount of 50% on ship insurance in game as a thank you for your support!

Wat? A little too far to call it pay to win, but too close to that for comfort.

I firmly believe that every gift must be aimed to reward a specific value.
Sometimes it can be patience, others honesty, even twitch reflexes or headstrong coherency.

With this move there's just "a fat wallet".

Yes Frontier is a company that has to make money, but after a proper outrage on the forum lasting the best part of two days (and those embers are still hotly glowing) no one from management, devs or PR stepped in to do the only logical thing.

Admit it.
Yes we have to earn money to eat and develop games.
I appreciate bold face honesty more than lame theories.

The defense for their move was left in the biased hands of those same Alpha backers benefitting from the perk.
If it was limited in time or to a certain sum it'd be probably better fitting.
Like this is just a gross PR fumble.

What's best it's that those benefitting from it keep saying it's a meaningless advantage while in fact makes insurance doubly expensive for whoever wasn't able to fork out hard cash.

Not to mention the fact that even the betas will be a closed pleasure for alpha only for a time.
I'm not a kid, I don't need my mum to nibble at my spoon to see if it cooled down enough.
Beta is beta, I expect bugs and I'm set to do my best to report them in the best way...
Well I was, now let's just all the alphas to do the job. What's the point of wasting my time at that?

Now, there are non-alpha backer undisturbed by all this. So I guess YMMV.
Personally I'm done with the hype or early info... don't expect anymore update from me. I'll be just waiting for the beta release and that's it.

Me being unhappy it's NOT a good reason to lose faith in a game, though...

Last edited by komemiute; 04/06/14 12:15 PM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.