Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3864605 - 11/19/13 10:04 AM COOP mission tutorial - How to get your friends to join you on any mission you want.  
Destraex Offline
Destraex  Offline

The purpose of this tutorial it to teach people how easy it really is to create a co-operative mission in this game. It was suggested after I got this working that I post so others may have a chance
at doing the same.

I searched and tested for some time before a combination of a few solutions allowed my co-op missions to work.
This has been tested on 3 different missions with friends over the last day in Team Fusion 4 and works fairly seamlessly from what I have seen.

Summary:
* Modify config files a tiny bit
* Rename a script file
* Load a lobby
* Type a few commands to choose a plane
* Fly

NOTE: Only the server needs to make the following changes. Your friends don't have to do anything.

Steps:
1) You must add the following line to your conf.ini or confs.ini

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

2) Create a new mission in the full mission builder or use an existing single player mission and save it in the coop folder described below.

3) Save the below linked file as your mission name but with .cs as the extension. e.g. scrambledeggs.cs.
This is the small script which makes this coop stuff all possible

http://www.mediafire.com/?ana2d8u85kmp6zb

Put the file into the folder described below.

If you are using vanilla under windows 7
C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op

If you are using TeamFusion under windows 7
C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - mod\missions\Multi\Co-Op

You should end up with two files. A .mis file which is the mission you made and saved and a .cs file which is the coop mission script

4) Load up il2 Cliffs of Dover and go to multiplayer. Start a multiplayer lobby.

5) Tell your friends to go to multiplayer and join you in the lobby.
Your friends should start appearing in the lobby.

6) When everybody has arrives press play. DO NOT do this before everybody is in the lobby.

7) In the server screen make sure you select realism and turn off (deselect so no dot appears) anything under aircraft switching.
This is very important to allow people to select their aircraft.

7.5) Your friends should be able to press "play" as soon as you press ok in
the server screen.

8) Start the battle (note you may have to start battle before anybody can type the commands.

9)At the server briefing screen get your friends to type the following commands

!aircraft - This will show a list of all available aircraft starting with the id of the aircraft
!select# - This will place the player into the aircraft, replace # with the id of the aircraft, e.g. !select0 will place you into the first aircraft and so on.

!help - This will show the available commands if need be

10) Get everybody to press fly if they do not go directly into the battle

11) When anybody dies they may press escape to get back to the chat window and type commands again to enter any left over AI aircraft.

You should now be able to see each other by steam name in game if you have icons allowed turned on.

Apparently this even works with single player missions. Put the script in with the correct mission name and in the coop folder.
Use the method above to start a server.

Thanks go to the below chaps for their stella help:
1lokos
danperin
ATAG_Lolsav
41Sqn_Banks

Original Post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=469199&postcount=1

P.S. I recommend turning any firewalls off for initial testing.

Last edited by Destraex; 11/19/13 12:02 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3864626 - 11/19/13 11:46 AM Re: COOP mission tutorial - How to get your friends to join you on any mission you want. [Re: Destraex]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Awesome work there. Its not been a personal gripe of mine that coop wasn't really working, but this should make a lot of people happy.

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3864643 - 11/19/13 12:25 PM Re: COOP mission tutorial - How to get your friends to join you on any mission you want. [Re: Destraex]  
Destraex Offline
Destraex  Offline

Had 4 friends testing tonight and it works well enough. Also as I understand it BOS will not have COOP so this is pretty much all we have in the current gen.

It always annoyed me. Especially immersion wise. Which was always for me about getting non-sim mates into a few fur balls at LANs.

I still remember the days in my back room when 7 people crammed in with PCs and one of the games we played was il2. We made all sorts of crazy missions. Usually based on historical events and using every possible object authentically. THe good thing was that even non-tech or flight sim guys could be taught the basics. It was all about flying with your mates and having a laugh at how many people crashed on take off or ran into other pilots warming up

#%&*$# and giggles on a nice tight time limit to keep people interested.

Last edited by Destraex; 11/19/13 12:52 PM.
#3864746 - 11/19/13 04:31 PM Re: COOP mission tutorial - How to get your friends to join you on any mission you want. [Re: Destraex]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Great stuff there Destraex, thanks for posting

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.