Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3856444 - 10/31/13 05:44 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

ok, someone somewhere stated it as Foobar started it so I assumed JtD was first poster only - my bad.

Edit:
Rama it was: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1802-il2-bos-pre-ordering-and-autumn-early-limited-access/

Last edited by theOden; 11/01/13 06:22 AM.
#3856491 - 10/31/13 11:14 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
SYN_Jedders Offline
SYN_Jedders  Offline

I know some of our fellas are pretty pissed about it and the rest dont really mind. I asked the question of them if the testing had been Friday to Sunday instead of midweek?....you guessed it...those that were "angry" suddenly thought it was a fair enough idea and the others?....

Think the bottom line is this...

1/ If it means it effects your ability to use the early access then yeh, you get annoyed...I dont see anyone getting angry that can make the dates.

2/ We dont know how long it will last as Tues/Thurs. It may only be one week for all we know...

3/ BoS offer a refund if you ask AFAIK.

I remember the early days of CloD (not having a go btw) and for me it wasnt that great. BoS might be just awful in the early couple of weeks...that said, I think everyone should get achance to try it for themselves.

Hopefully Brigstock, you might make a little time when everyone is in bed to try it out.

#3856497 - 10/31/13 11:53 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Aces High 2 Offline
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123)
Aces High 2  Offline

Kingston, Surrey, UK.
I'm a tad disappointed with this arrangement but I can live with it as I'm not really counting the days till release. I pre-ordered mostly to get the payment out of the way early so I don't have to budget for it later partly to give a bit of support to the development. From what I've seen so far especially regarding offline play I'm feeling somewhat luke warm about the game. Hoping that things will pan out better the ClOD but not over optimistic that I will get as hooked on it as I once did with IL-2 but, as they say, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" smile

"IL-2 MAT Manager" program co-dev., Silent Hunter III "Super Turms", "Super Pens", Multi-Skin Bombers dev. for Wings of Victory BDG version 2.10 + various Steel Fury mods. BDG member, "Modder".

Aces' Downloads: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Aces' YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/clvy94f
My "Stuka Vor" Film: https://vimeo.com/196439362
CloD Virtual Cockpits Vid: https://youtu.be/Emn2dkYGk74
BoS Bump Maps Vid: https://youtu.be/J24WAVDwo-M
My PhotoArt/Virtual Galleries: http://www.leighkempphotoart.co.uk/
#3856506 - 10/31/13 12:13 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: SYN_Jedders]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: SYN_Jedders
3/ BoS offer a refund if you ask AFAIK.

Actually, nope.
I was offered my key to be reopened so I could sell it to someone else.
:facepalm:

#3856554 - 10/31/13 01:54 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I'm not directly involved as I didn't pre-order but...
Nobody knows how long these restrictions are going to be enforced.

These guys have a good record at customer satisfaction, so...
A little patience.

As they said they are going to use this as a direct technology-test.

smile

Cheer up, it isn't THAT bad.
Think about all of those who gave money to Fighter Ops... wink

Just my 0.02

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3856561 - 10/31/13 02:20 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Jaws2002 Offline
Jaws2002  Offline

Ontario, Canada.
I know very well this team is very organized and very serious about testing a product. I've seen how well they work with rof. They plan to fix a game module they do it right.
in a way that's why I'm pissed. I know this guy don't make this kind of decisions in the last moment. I think they had itl planed ahead but kept us in the dark so the preorders are flowing. I don't think it was their decision, but the money guys.
It all feels like a cheap trick. What they think got them extra preorders now, will hurt them later, because I'll buy only what I reall want and not everything in the store like with rise of flight.

#3856590 - 10/31/13 03:04 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

I respectfully disagree. And just partly.

Probably they already knew before this was a necessity. Yes, this is probably true...

It's the Money-People forcing them to do so? Hardly.
It's just a mere conjecture but I firmly believe that it's just going to be a small phase. A necessary- technical driven- phase.
It's a thing they need for gods knows what sort of Servers test...

They game being relatively close to delivery, it's really unlikely to think that this will go on longer than a week or two. They want people to have fun too...

It could have been told in advance, but let's face it do a couple of weeks spoil completely such a promising game? Really? Really REALLY?

To all those who can only answer yes- Well then, you're still being given a Beta, and the game at a discounted price. You've waited so long... I really can't see this behavior as a bit childish.
You're self inflicting a punishment you don't deserve...

Last edited by komemiute; 10/31/13 03:06 PM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3856606 - 10/31/13 03:52 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

It seems a byproduct from teaming with 1c.

That is what has me worried. They originally said it was the RoF team but the further this goes the more it seems like they caught something from the 1c team. It could be that the Il-2 franchise is just cursed to make stupid decisions.

#3856639 - 10/31/13 04:53 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

What?!

If you're joking, LOL.
If you're serious *sigh* LOL.

GO look back to what the CloD forums looked like when 1c was just "months" away from releasing it...
Oops, it was 7 years...

No, really, selective memory is one thing... this little hiccup is another.

Last edited by komemiute; 10/31/13 04:55 PM. Reason: Clarity

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3856688 - 10/31/13 07:47 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

I voted no but if there was an option for Fri-Sun access I would have voted yes.

Essentially a massive chunk of Tue-Thurs is spent working so right off the bat the amount of help testing BoS is seriously limited. I honestly think 777 would have benefited far more if the early access beta testers were able to fly Fri-Sun. The vast majority of simmers will be 30+ and have jobs and families and as such simply cannot devote any real time flying Tues-Thurs. At least on a weekend they could devote time to do some real testing and reporting.

#3856708 - 10/31/13 08:55 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Aces High 2 Offline
Aces High 2  Offline

Kingston, Surrey, UK.
Me neither, no time in the working week. Is the access to the whole game inlcuding the offline side of the game? as I'm not at all interested in the online side of things.

Last edited by Aces High 2; 10/31/13 08:56 PM.

"IL-2 MAT Manager" program co-dev., Silent Hunter III "Super Turms", "Super Pens", Multi-Skin Bombers dev. for Wings of Victory BDG version 2.10 + various Steel Fury mods. BDG member, "Modder".

Aces' Downloads: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Aces' YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/clvy94f
My "Stuka Vor" Film: https://vimeo.com/196439362
CloD Virtual Cockpits Vid: https://youtu.be/Emn2dkYGk74
BoS Bump Maps Vid: https://youtu.be/J24WAVDwo-M
My PhotoArt/Virtual Galleries: http://www.leighkempphotoart.co.uk/
#3856856 - 11/01/13 02:46 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
I agree with 2k5 about the access. It would have been better for most if the game was open on the weekends and was limited during the week. It doesn't affect me either way since my schedule has me working every other weekend and I have at least one of those days off during the week but I am an exception, not a rule as far as time goes.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3856941 - 11/01/13 11:23 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Weav Offline
Weav  Offline

Pennsylvania
So basically you guys want the developers to give up their weekends.

How many hours would a person want to play a buggy, limited alpha version anyway?

Unless we're all working 16 hours a day Tues,Wed,and Thursday, it seems easily possible to squeeze in the one or two hours that would satisfy on an Alpha version. It's not like we'll need a lot of time to do a big co-op mission with our squads involving dozens of planes-the sim doesn't have that capability yet.

In the big picture, we're giving money to keep flight sims going-that's what is important. Missing some play time on an alpha for the first week or two is not a big deal IMO.

#3856945 - 11/01/13 11:32 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Quote:
it seems easily possible to squeeze in the one or two hours that would satisfy on an Alpha version

It seems like it should be easy doesn't it...but for me it isn't. I'm out of the house for at least 12 hours during the day and then when I get home I have a wife and 2 kids to deal with. That rules out a lot of my PC time.

#3856959 - 11/01/13 12:57 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Restricted access looks like it will go on for at least 2 months according to DD39.
It will start with one plane, no ammo, and a small map.
woohoo

#3856972 - 11/01/13 01:15 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
This is BS. the way my roster works i will have access to the game 1 day a fortnight, and that will only be if i plan around it! What a pack of KNOBS, this should have been made clear from the start!
Will have to see about cancelling.

Last edited by IV/JG7trumps; 11/01/13 01:16 PM.

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3856973 - 11/01/13 01:19 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Oh Happy days frown

I can live with the one plane, no ammo, small map stuff.
The restricted access is still an issue for me.

I expected the game to be very rough, I can deal with that. What pains me is I won't have the time to access the alpha to deal with it.

Back to feeling mugged off for getting the premium edition for the earlier access over the standard edition.

Last edited by Brigstock; 11/01/13 01:22 PM.
#3856975 - 11/01/13 01:28 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: Weav]  
Cold_Flying Offline
6079 Smith
Cold_Flying  Offline
6079 Smith

Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: JimD
So basically you guys want the developers to give up their weekends.

In exchange for the developers squeezing extra cash out of the consumer using what can only be described as "questionable" business tactics? And then benefiting from the alpha testing they are got customers to cough up extra cash to participate in so the developers could create a better product that would in the end sell better so the developers could make even more money?

Yes. Absolutely. 100%.

The questions remain for the developers:

- Did they withhold full information regarding what limited access actually meant because they knew if they put the information out it would result in (drastically?) less pre-order sales?

- Was there a cost-benefit idea going on where the developers concluded prior to the implementation of the sales plan, that the cost to them of the ticked off customers and bad PR would be outweighed by the cash they would make on the pre-order sales?

Question everything!
#3856986 - 11/01/13 01:48 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I don't want the devs to give up their weekends. But after they've run the server for 3 days, can't they take that data away and leave us with a server to drift into and see what progress has been made.

I can't do the 3 day schedule and paid the extra $40 specifically for early access. Access I wont have until the standard preorder kicks in.

#3857002 - 11/01/13 02:21 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: Brigstock]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: Brigstock
Back to feeling mugged off for getting the premium edition for the earlier access over the standard edition.

Haha I know, and share, that feeling smile

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.