Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3855013 - 10/28/13 04:47 AM The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
I really love the shaders on the fuselage and wings, very realistic...

Last edited by SHar82; 10/28/13 04:48 AM.

Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3855087 - 10/28/13 11:43 AM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
Warmbrak Offline
Warmbrak  Offline

Western Australia
The shaders are really well done on this one - I am however not enjoying it as much as I did Warbirds or other large multiplayer titles in the past, and keep going back to IL2 instead.

#3855089 - 10/28/13 12:07 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
Security_Device_Enclosed Offline
Security_Device_Enclosed  Offline

Victoria
First shot looks like a photo! Really nice. thumbsup

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#3855097 - 10/28/13 12:37 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
I only play FRB (War Thunder sim level), and it's really not that bad if you have few time to allow to your passion, graphic immersion is amazing and very realistic... and even if not on the same par with CLOD, it's still challenging enough in sim mode to really have a good fun

#3855147 - 10/28/13 02:29 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
SteveHarris Offline
SteveHarris  Offline

great shots!!

#3855153 - 10/28/13 02:41 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
Dmd_Fulcrum Offline
Dmd_Fulcrum  Offline

It's pretty...but it's no Aces High. I'll stick with the dated graphics but better game play and flight model of AH for the time being...

Fulcrum of = The Damned =

#3855232 - 10/28/13 05:58 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

@ SHar82: I'm trying all I can to get better, but it's almost like I can't do anything right...

I'm quite confident in my flying skill so FRB is not a problem. It's not the plane handling that's killing me...
It's simply that no matter how I perform in a mission it seems like at the end of the day no XP whatsoever are rewarded.

I must be doing something wrong... what would you suggest to a nugget/newbie to do for a start?

frown

I like this game... help me enjoying it too.
Thanks in advance for you patience. :P

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3855277 - 10/28/13 07:36 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Looks stunning. Shame I just can't 'get into' that game.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3855329 - 10/28/13 09:32 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
If you enjoy it for what it is, it's really a fun game. if you only play custom mission in offline, Kommemiute, you won't be awarded any XP nor lions, you have to play online (the "let's battle" on the lower right), I struggled a bit at first with the lower tier, but once you get a proper plane (spit or Bf-109) it's really becoming fun... I'm actually level 7 but I just enjoy a good FRB battle in tiers around 4 to 6, where people still learn the ropes and offer challenging action for me (I hate the hardcore gamers i.e Aliens that populate the higher tiers, it's not just fun with them, it's like to play among a hornet nest of experten that kill you in few round) ... with 1 to 3 kills per missions in FRB my silver LIons are always in the 200-300 thousands, so no problem to buy new planes or just repairs the current ones... Grindings is hard to access the higher tiers (8-15) that will offer legendary planes (Spit Mk9, Mustang p51d, Focke Wulfe A5 to 13, F86, Panther, Mig 15 etc...) but once you get your hands on a spit or a BF109, you just don't care as much... these planes are a great fun already.

By the way, ATM, I didn't spend a dime at all (14 hours of playing)

The most frustrating is to find a session in FRB, as this mode is not very populated. You have to wait few to 15 minutes each time to enter a game... frustrating. Don't forget to put "any server" if you don't want to wait even longer!.

I just love the graphic immersion that this game offers, for me unmatched at the moment, the map in FRB look really realistic at ALL altitudes, the effects, weather, shaders and reflections are amazing... some times, I just fly test drive sessions (they allow you to try higher tier plane for free) - free mode mission just to have the pleasure to fly around and master the plane, doing some circuits, etc... The Track ir implementation is amazing, very smooth and reactive.

Last edited by SHar82; 10/28/13 09:41 PM.

#3855345 - 10/28/13 10:04 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I was hoping to enjoy this game myself but it doesn't support my MS Sidewinder ForceFeedback joystick. ARGH!

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#3855380 - 10/28/13 10:57 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Thanks SHar82! I try to do online sessions but I just get bored of waiting! Let's see what happens if I wait a bit more! biggrin

Thank you again.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3855418 - 10/29/13 01:42 AM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
some tips to begin:

- to get experience and free silver lions: play the "to Battle!" multiplayer on the bottom right (select FRB only battle)
- to win 250 Golden lions: do the easy tutorials! Golden lions can help you to convert XP for leveling quicker (to get better planes)
- to wait less:
1/select current servers: ANY (in the "to Battle Menu!")
2/ when you have chosen a side and a plane, click on "to battle!", a table will show how many players are stacking before a session at the moment on each tier, the more player, the sooner the session will begin, if you tier is to slow to get players, don't hesitate to change sides, or tier planes... German usually are shorter to enter battle
- the usual strategy for the rookie on this game is to go for the "bots", they are easy to kill but be careful about the human players waiting to bounce on you if you take too long to kill.
- Very low tier: The Hurri is a nice plane to get some good exp and silver lions for the english, the Lagg or mig are good enough to kill bots easy (canon), for the japanese try to get the First Ki, it's a nice plane too: as agile as a Zero!, for german... it's not that easy, the italians planes are difficult and don't forgive bad flying, since 1.35 build, the H112-B0 seems to be a better plane waiting for the first 109 E1...
- just before to take off, click "S" to see how many bots/humans ratios in your game, like I said, Bots are easy to kill and always fly tier 0 or 1 planes (biplans or trainers (US))... lots of bots, less chance to be shot down by a seasoned human
- Tier 4-5 Battle, beware the hun in 109, generally they are above the crowd and wait for the rookies to follow a bot for too long, They BnZoom you and generally kills you...
- Spit are very good for turning but their drivers must have always an eye behind or above, at tier 5-6, the E3 with cannons is a dangerous predator in B&Z.
- try to upgrade your plane as soon as possible (the more you fly it, the more experience you gain in the plane which gives you access to upgrades.
- Try also to increase your crew skills! "Vitality" for exemple to survive a bit more lead before to be shot down, etc..
- in FRB, munitions and repairs are free DURING the session, don't hesitate to land to rearm and repair (it also gives you easy silver lions and Xperience points (depending the tier you are at).
- Event in FRB is hard for rookies, avoid them until you get more accustomed with the physics and the gameplay.

Last edited by SHar82; 10/29/13 01:45 AM.

#3855683 - 10/29/13 06:58 PM Re: The beautiful realistic shaders of War Thunder [Re: SHar82]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

HAH! I'm writing that down..

Thanks!

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.