Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3854649 - 10/27/13 09:35 AM BoS preorder poll  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
I'm just interested how many people would have still paid 90 USD to preorder Battle of Stalingrad, now that the promised early access to the alpha has turned out to be limited to Tues-Thurs, for two months at least, with access to a Lagg3 on a test map with no ammo.

H

Would you have preordered BoS knowing initial access would be limited to Tues-Thurs only?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/27/13 09:31 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

[Linked Image]
#3854656 - 10/27/13 10:29 AM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Fudge93 Offline
Fudge93  Offline

England
I've currently not pre-purchased the game. I can understand why they are limiting it to only a few days a week, but would have thought Friday evening to Monday morning would have been more ideal as long as they informed anyone that would play that servers could go offline with no one around to reboot them. Would give them most of a working week with the data to play with.

Being so far into Autumn, I'd be more inclined on going for the standard pre-order. I would imagine they would want most people playing by Christmas, or at least over the Christmas period.

combtpilot.co.uk
#3854690 - 10/27/13 01:31 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
For $90 I presumed I'd have 24/7 access to the game.

I would not have signed up for what's proposed.

I wouldn't care too much if it was buggy or that most of the content was missing, as long as I could fire it up when I wanted to.
Tuesday to Thursday rules me out. Total waste of time and money on my part

#3854693 - 10/27/13 01:45 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I haven't pre-ordered either and glad I didn't knowing this.

I play most of my games Sun/Mon so it would be utterly useless to me.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#3854702 - 10/27/13 02:28 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Of course some people are disappointed at not having 24/7 access, iam too, but i understand why its happening.

I pre-ordered for the most part to help the devs test and fund the sim before release.

The goal here is to make sure BOS's release in 6 months is a success, the 3000 pre-orders are great, but the goal is the sales after release and for years to come, we will only get that with a well made successful sim at launch, if the devs think doing things this way is the best way to achieve that, then im with them.

So pre-order now for $90, help the devs test, have some fun along the way, enjoy the bonus content at release.
or
Wait for the release in 6 months, pay $10 extra, don't help test and don't get to muck around with BOS at all until its released in Q2 next year.

Don't get me wrong, i completely understand people's frustration and disappointment at the limited access, but we should remember what the real goal is here for everyone.

Also the limited access should improve after a short time.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 10/27/13 02:30 PM.
#3854713 - 10/27/13 03:02 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Not one of their best ideas.

#3854719 - 10/27/13 03:17 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I'm trying to think of any other game that has ever done this and I can't.

What's the reason? (I don't frequent the BOS forum).

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#3854744 - 10/27/13 04:30 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

Would I have bought the premium pre-order if I'd know this? Yes, of course. It was made clear right from the start that 'early access' was being offered so we could play a part in assisting with the development (and obviously, so we could get an early look at what was to come). The developers have explained that they are restricting access for now because they need to analyse the data generated (and there is likely to be a heck of a lot of it - they will probably be saving a lot more data than would be done once the game is finalised), and because presently keeping the system up uses a lot of manpower/resources. I see no reason not to take their word for this - it would make no sense whatsoever to restrict access without good cause.

#3854750 - 10/27/13 04:46 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I paid for early access to the game, even if it was in an unfinished state, not to be a restricted access beta tester.
Of course I'd report anything i would have found while trying the game out, but not in any kind of formal testing.
I haven't got the time.

In hindsight, knowing what I know now, I would definitely would not have paid out.

Last edited by Brigstock; 10/27/13 04:57 PM.
#3854751 - 10/27/13 04:49 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Logan Offline
Head Tater peeler
Logan  Offline
Head Tater peeler

I said yes I would but the Tuesday, Thursday thing reduces my flying time to a few hours at best.

Logan,
Head Tater peeler,OIC of nothing
#3854756 - 10/27/13 05:01 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

So how will this work? Will they just turn the master server on for 72 hours, or will it just be an hour or two here and there over the three days?

#3854767 - 10/27/13 05:34 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
As far as i know it'll be on for 72 hours between tuesday and Thursday.

TBH I wouldn't mind having the cash back and coming back when there is a product there to buy.

#3854769 - 10/27/13 05:40 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
jared17 Offline
jared17  Offline

Biggest crock of #%&*$# 777 has pulled. I paid $90 to play the game early. What with work and a fiancee it's nearly impossible for me to get free time tues-thurs. Anyone know if you can cancel your preorder and then buy the other version of the game that's cheaper?

Intel Core i7 3770k ~ 4.7 GHz
2x EVGA 780TI's
16GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM
MSI Z77 GD65 Gaming
Windows 7 Ultimate
#3854770 - 10/27/13 05:42 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
MACADEMIC Offline
MACADEMIC  Offline

Malta
Can't at all understand what this hysteria is about. I have yet to see another game developer who is as consistent, informative and professional as this one has been from day 1. They have laid out very good reasons why for some time access is limited. The game is far from finished, it is their responsibility to keep the development on track and this is their way of doing it.

To the people who are now crying foul and feel betrayed - get a life.

MAC

#3854774 - 10/27/13 05:48 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: MACADEMIC]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Originally Posted By: MACADEMIC
Can't at all understand what this hysteria is about. I have yet to see another game developer who is as consistent, informative and professional as this one has been from day 1. They have laid out very good reasons why for some time access is limited. The game is far from finished, it is their responsibility to keep the development on track and this is their way of doing it.

MAC

I think they have got a life, thats why they can't fly Tuesday-Thursday...

#3854786 - 10/27/13 06:10 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: MACADEMIC]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

MAC

The hystaria is because when they put up the preorders they didnt mention even once in passing that it would be limited the way it is. A lot of us CANT play tue-thur during the hours of their choosing. So what is the point of paying almost double the price of the game if we get absolutely no benefit from the extra price.

I dont care about a forum icon / game icon nor do I care about the gun pod. The 190 wont even be available at release and you can buy it later anyways.

There are only two reasons to pay 90 bucks for BoS. Early access and to support the developer. The first one is only useful if you can use that early access. Because they didnt mention it before we all bought in, a lot of us are upset about being screwed out of our early access. The second one goes like this. I dont want to support a developer that does something like this.

You say they have been consistent, informative and professional. I disagree. This latest stunt pretty much proves they are none of that. Welcome to the beginnings of CLoD II.

Last edited by Master; 10/27/13 06:24 PM.
#3854802 - 10/27/13 06:36 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol what hysteria? I'm leaning on my cyber fence, sipping my cyber coffee chatting to my cyber mates

#3854819 - 10/27/13 07:01 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: Master]  
TychosElk Offline
TychosElk  Offline

Originally Posted By: Master

There are only two reasons to pay 90 bucks for BoS. Early access and to support the developer.

And a FW 190. And a La-5.

And the fact that later it will cost you $100.

Last edited by TychosElk; 10/27/13 07:02 PM.
#3854828 - 10/27/13 07:19 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: Master]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: Master

MAC

The hystaria is because when they put up the preorders they didnt mention even once in passing that it would be limited the way it is. A lot of us CANT play tue-thur during the hours of their choosing. So what is the point of paying almost double the price of the game if we get absolutely no benefit from the extra price.

I dont care about a forum icon / game icon nor do I care about the gun pod. The 190 wont even be available at release and you can buy it later anyways.

There are only two reasons to pay 90 bucks for BoS. Early access and to support the developer. The first one is only useful if you can use that early access. Because they didnt mention it before we all bought in, a lot of us are upset about being screwed out of our early access. The second one goes like this. I dont want to support a developer that does something like this.

You say they have been consistent, informative and professional. I disagree. This latest stunt pretty much proves they are none of that. Welcome to the beginnings of CLoD II.

Your not paying double for early access, your paying for the premium edition of BOS, for the extra 2 planes, at release the sim will cost $10 more for the premium.

Why do you think 777 are "screwing you over"? why would they do that on purpose, what possible benefit would they get from doing that?
Its being done for a reason, we might not be all completely happy with the limited access, im not too happy about it, but to me what i want more than anything else is a great sim at release in 6 months, and i trust the devs in this decision.

If you don't trust the devs, if you feel "screwed over", then its prob best you get a refund, if that's how you honesty feel then i don't blame you and i would do the same.

Where did you see the 190 wont be ready for release? honestly not seen that anywhere.

#3854833 - 10/27/13 07:25 PM Re: BoS preorder poll [Re: HeinKill]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I didn't pay $90 for bonuses like the 190 and LA5 or to save $10 or to even support the Development. I paid $90 for early access. In fact in terms of paying for development I'd rather they made more money finishing off RoF and using the income generated there than pre-orders on BoS.

I was looking forward to spending some free time in Nov to trying out BoS. In my own time, offline or online whenever I could find a little time for myself.

At this point I'd rather get my money back, let the game mature and get it when it's on sale.

And to MAC.

If it was a couple of dollars and loads of notice that a restriction was going to be put in place then yeah.....Get a Life.

But it isn't a couple of dollars it's $90 and the info that it's going to be restricted has only just come out, despite there being no mention of that limitation on the pre order page and the fact that they are still pushing for sales for the pre-order.
Me I've got a life and that life could do with $90 back to put towards the running cost of a wife and 2 kids.

Last edited by Brigstock; 10/27/13 07:31 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.