Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3847271 - 10/07/13 07:23 PM GTA V, what were you disappointed with?  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Just finished the main story last night, no question that its an awesome game and leaps and bounds ahead of GTA IV. Here's my gripelist:

1. Lack of helmet customization. This is a minor point which I'm very annoyed by, the random helmet system ticked me off in IV already, I was excited to see it mentioned in the confirmed features videos, turns out its GTAO only. At least this time they're mostly black helmets, as those go with pretty much every bike.

2. Body armor is once again an extension of the health meter. this one also really ticks me off, how does cutting a corner with motorcycle and doing a facplant into a telephone pole damage body armor? IV had finally fixed this so only actual bullet/explosive damage affected armor, for some reason they reverted to the old system for V.

3. Heists. By far my biggest disappointment, from pre-release I got the impression there would be a lot of heists, with more than 1 available to choose from at any time. As it turns out there is only 1 heist in the game from which you can actually get the full take, literally every heist is for someone else, with said third party taking 75% of the take, like what the hell? That said, pretty much every heist was a thrill to play.

4. Cash. Without unrealistically rigging the stock market by dumping ur full bank account into assassination missions (or the briefcase glitch, which I purposefully didn't research till finishing the game), you never have money during the game, Franklin ended the game with $400k, barely enough to buy his garage near Sandy Shores. What's the point in having properties to purchase if you can't buy them till the end of the game.

5. No Purchasable safehouses.

6. Owned Cars. The new personal car system was a huge and much needed improvement over previous games, and I'm surprised it took this long to implement it. But imo its not enough, the whole garage system is definitely a little screwed up, and thats not even considering the disappearing car glitch, which I never encountered, mostly because I took great pains to avoid it. There should also be a way to change the game's default car. And I see no reason why the tracker and insurance upgrades are GTAO only.

Overall the Single Player feels a tiny bit like its tacked on to GTAO, with all the stripped features it has. Which is really funny considering GTAO is obviously an unfinished product.

Last edited by FrontierProject; 10/07/13 07:47 PM.

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3847283 - 10/07/13 07:52 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

1) The body armor issue you mentioned

2) The fact that you cant use some guns from vehicles. Pistols and micro uzi being the only real guns you can use. I can hang out a car with an m16/ak47 just fine.

3) The fact that you can carry ALL of the weapons. I would have preferred them limit it to 2-3 weapons (especially or GTAO) I feel like I am constantly flipping through weapons more than using them.

4) Auto pickup / equip. I HATE THIS IN GAMES. I will be running around and pick up an AK and switch from my smg with 600 rounds and a silencer to the AK with 10 rounds and no silencer. Then if you dont catch it you go loud. If you do catch it you have o move somewhere and switch back. And of course they made it so you cant turn it off...

5) The MP Lobby system. I would rather have a party system like RDR and everyone moves with the party leader. Also, the fact that you have to load out of MP and then into the lobby and then back to MP is annoying and slow. They should have made it like the SP where it was more smooth. This is my biggest gripe. I HATE the way they do the mission lobbies. Also, wtf is with those blue circles. God forbid you accidentally step into one on foot and are forced to load into a lobby only to cancel out and then get shoved back into your apartment or where ever the damn game things you should spawn.

6) GTAO character customization. First you make a character and they ALL look alike and then there are tons of clothes the NPCs can wear that you CANT. It would take almost no extra code to allow you to wear their clothes.

7) The walking. All PCs walk with michael's swagger and there is three movement speeds. Walk, jog, run. So not only are you obviously visible because of your swagger you almost move faster than the AI so you can not blend in at all.

8) The MP character Dots. Knowing where someone is all the way across the map is #%&*$# stupid and only serves to allow people to hunt you down with ease and kill you. I would prefer to only be visible if you get in close. Which you can do at level 999999999 when you unlock the "hide my dot" #%&*$# from the NPC and then pay lots of money for 10 min.

9) the aim mode #%&*$#. If I want to use freeaim it forces everyone who joins my freeroam to use my aim mode. If I join someone else's who is using autoaim it forces me to leave my freeaim and use autoaim. I HATE this! This should at most be a server setting to force it but default should be to allow any aim mode without forcing people to play differently then how they are used to.

10) No hardcore server options... ok I will go further, no server options at all. I understand that they want to make this an MMO type game but FFS some of us only want to coop and could not care less about all the "fairness" they are trying to force on people. Let me play with who I want, how I want. You want to store my character because you want to sell game cash... fine but at least let me play how I want to play.

11) the lack of animals in MP.

12) the graphic degradation in MP.

13) The car damage. In SP the cars are 2-3 times harder to ruin than in GTA4. In MP the visual car damage has almost NO affect on the performance. You can literally take an SUV and crash it until all the tires are squashed into a 3x3 foot box and it will still drive normally. About the only thing you can do is SHOOT out the tires. I want a hardcore mode where one crash and you are dead or at least your car was undrivable. I modded gta4 for the PC like that. If you clipped a pole at 30mph the car was dead. If you hit a stop sign at 65mph you were in for the crash of your life. I want that in GTA5 mp!

14) Actually, the whole dumbing the game down for the casual player #%&*$# pisses me off. Yes it is a good game but it would have been a LOT better had they not bastardized it in so many ways.

15) The Map filter. Too much #%&*$# on the map and you can only remove the clothing stores and etc. If you WANT to find a store you cant filter out all the blue #%&*$# (GTAO)

16) MP spawning. If you get killed you spawn like 100ft away and whoever killed you jut kills you again and again and again. Let me PICK where I respawn.

I think that is it for now. Also, I love the game but it could use some improvements.

Last edited by Master; 10/07/13 08:13 PM.
#3847784 - 10/08/13 06:58 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: Master]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Master
2) The fact that you cant use some guns from vehicles. Pistols and micro uzi being the only real guns you can use. I can hang out a car with an m16/ak47 just fine.

3) The fact that you can carry ALL of the weapons. I would have preferred them limit it to 2-3 weapons (especially or GTAO) I feel like I am constantly flipping through weapons more than using them.

4) Auto pickup / equip. I HATE THIS IN GAMES. I will be running around and pick up an AK and switch from my smg with 600 rounds and a silencer to the AK with 10 rounds and no silencer. Then if you dont catch it you go loud. If you do catch it you have o move somewhere and switch back. And of course they made it so you cant turn it off...

2) The shorty shotgun can also be used on bikes, and possibly convertibles. This doesn't really bother me as its always been this way and it kind of makes sense, but it would often be nice to have a big gun in a car, especially from the passenger seat.

3) I kinda like the all weapon system, although like you mentioned too much time is spent flipping left/right. I would definitely agree it should be removed in GTAO.

4) Weird, I've never had the game switch a weapon for me, and I always go out of my way to pick up ammo, is this only in Online?

Originally Posted By: Master
6) GTAO character customization. First you make a character and they ALL look alike and then there are tons of clothes the NPCs can wear that you CANT. It would take almost no extra code to allow you to wear their clothes.

7) The walking. All PCs walk with michael's swagger and there is three movement speeds. Walk, jog, run. So not only are you obviously visible because of your swagger you almost move faster than the AI so you can not blend in at all.

8) The MP character Dots. Knowing where someone is all the way across the map is #%&*$# stupid and only serves to allow people to hunt you down with ease and kill you. I would prefer to only be visible if you get in close. Which you can do at level 999999999 when you unlock the "hide my dot" #%&*$# from the NPC and then pay lots of money for 10 min.

16) MP spawning. If you get killed you spawn like 100ft away and whoever killed you jut kills you again and again and again. Let me PICK where I respawn.

I think that is it for now. Also, I love the game but it could use some improvements.

I haven't played Online yet, I'll probably wait for PC release as I see no reason to pay for XBL Gold just to play a broken game. But this whole list just ticks me off a bit:

6) They had to have known this how weak their creation system was before releasing it, its pretty inexcusable in an online game.

7) They bragged about the different walking styles several times pre-release, I believe there's 7 different styles (3 playable characters and 4 NPC styles) in all, how hard would it have been to add this to the character creation?

8) My 2nd biggest disappointment in GTAO so far, the first one was watching the early videos and seeing the the psychos driving around just looking for players to kill, I had never even considered that. The map dots make this a hundred times worse, as they always know where you are.

16) First I've heard of this, why would they not spawn use the hospital system like in SP?

"Burn them all."
--------------
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3847841 - 10/08/13 09:21 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
Being limited in some aspects for not having an iPhone.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#3847853 - 10/08/13 10:14 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: SkateZilla]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Being limited in some aspects for not having an iPhone.

good point.

"Burn them all."
--------------
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3847927 - 10/09/13 01:15 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
ForSquirrels Offline
Veteran
ForSquirrels  Offline
Veteran

Not having enough time to play.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

XBL: fmdckr81
#3847974 - 10/09/13 03:56 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

You guys all bring up good points. The thing that really disappointed me were all of the chases. They were one of my least favorite things from previous GTA games, and within the first several hours of GTA 5 you do a LOT of chasing, either on foot or in cars. I was hoping for more heists and less chasing.

Also even though the game is chock full of mini games and activities to do, I rarely found myself wanting to do any of them more than once. I kept wanting to just keep advancing the story, rather than go out and play golf or tennis.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3848024 - 10/09/13 08:50 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Ojokoltsa Offline
Ojokoltsa  Offline

Well, I haven’t finished the game yet. But I’m also not very thrilled about it. It’s amazing no doubt with its huge territory to explore and the beautiful light effects. But in the end it’s just another GTA game.

My primary gripe is that I really dislike the characters. Playing with Franklin simply feels like playing San Andreas again. And Trevor is such a sick psychopath; I cannot see why one would like to play such a character. Michael is the only character that I find acceptable to play.

Other things I dislike:

The new vehicle handling
The wobbly helicopter handling
Shooting from cars (at moving targets)
Boring soundtrack (this must be the first GTA game that has a soundtrack I find absolutely dull and meaningless; I’ve never wished so much to implement my own music in a GTA game like I do with GTA V).

The good things about GTA V:

HUGE map
Great graphics
Beautiful light effects
Fantastic landscape

tl;dr
GTA V is an amazing game from a technical perspective. Other than that it hasn’t much to offer. The story is unimaginative and the gameplay pretty much the same like any other GTA game. GTA Vice City still stays as the best GTA game in my book. Concerning story and atmosphere GTA V doesn’t manage to come even remotely close to Red Dead Redemption.

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB – ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S
#3849369 - 10/12/13 11:58 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Red Dead Redemption is special.

GTAV is good for the good points mentioned and bad on all levels as mentioned as well. Its a flash in the pan.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3850205 - 10/15/13 12:27 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
ripper998 Offline
ripper998  Offline

San Antonio, Tx
interesting you only had 400K with franklin. I had 16 million as after I beat the last story mission I got paid for the gold heist.

#3850219 - 10/15/13 01:17 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Money in the SP was very hard to come buy until after the game. Then I had over a billion with each character. After buying all the properties and wasting money on tanks and helos I now have something like 998 million with each character.

#3851294 - 10/18/13 02:59 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: ripper998]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: ripper998
interesting you only had 400K with franklin. I had 16 million as after I beat the last story mission I got paid for the gold heist.
same here, but I'm counting the final figure just before getting that payment. To be honest, I finished the game, bought Franklin a car, and haven't touched the game since, I'd like to try GTAO, but I have no internet connection for my 360, and I just can't get motivated enough to start up the game again to fool around in SP.

"Burn them all."
--------------
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3852349 - 10/21/13 12:04 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Anyone else bored of it? I haven't finished SP and MP gets old fast. Certainly not a patch on RDR in my opinion as I was glued to that and had to finish it.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3852369 - 10/21/13 01:53 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I am bored of MP only because I am to the point where all the missions take 2-3 people to complete and I have noone to play with during the hour or two I have time to play.

#3852387 - 10/21/13 02:41 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: Mace71]  
Ojokoltsa Offline
Ojokoltsa  Offline

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Anyone else bored of it?

Yep, me.

I gave it another whirl last weekend but quit the game after only one or two hours and I have absolutely zero interest to come back to it again.

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB – ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S
#3852753 - 10/22/13 05:16 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
ForSquirrels Offline
Veteran
ForSquirrels  Offline
Veteran

Getting there fast. The last patch made it so that you get about half the money for completing a mission that you were before. It feels like aside from the stimulus money R* is giving people you will never be able to afford anything unless you shell out for extra cash. That and the last few times I have been online no one else was around to play with. Playing with randos gets old fast.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

XBL: fmdckr81
#3853122 - 10/23/13 02:30 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'm getting there too myself. I think our Crew never got off the ground. I'm such a miserable leader. biggrin But we need to keep it anyhow as we might see a RDR 2 and I'll certainly be gun ho on that title.

RDR was special. GTAV I enjoy for the exploration and flying and diving, but they pulled out all the stops on raunchy elements and fowl subject matters that are just unnecessary in my view. It doesn't add to the entertainment. Just makes me ashamed I have it in my library.

I don't think I'll ever really venture into the mp and only finish the sp for the sake of finishing the story.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3853393 - 10/23/13 05:58 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
The map was 95% nothing! The city was small and then it was just desert and water, I was disappointed with the map size and the other GTA's felt larger to me.

I'm selling it at the exchange shop on saturday whilst I can still get a decent price and maybe I might have a look again if it ever comes out on PC.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3853634 - 10/24/13 07:00 AM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
Snap Offline
Veteran
Snap  Offline
Veteran

Sounds like rockstar has the formula dialed in.

#3853744 - 10/24/13 02:53 PM Re: GTA V, what were you disappointed with? [Re: FrontierProject]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Now that I have a 360 I just started RDR. It is definitely an awesome game. Although the dying in water has almost made me throw my controller across the room, I've died in Thieves landing at least 5 times in 15 minutes.

"Burn them all."
--------------
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.