Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3843280 - 09/29/13 01:55 PM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: Pizzicato]  
Alexi_Alx_Anova Offline
Alexi_Alx_Anova  Offline

Frome/Bath UK
Originally Posted By: Pizzicato
Originally Posted By: Ratcatcher
I wish them all the best with this and have pledged and all, but my god they need to improve their video presentations... I felt myself going crossed eyed with the way he kept looking off camera throughout the presentation.

Maybe their next stretch goal could be for an autocue???

Lol! 100% agree. biggrin

I've also backed and also hope that they come up with something wonderful, but (IMHO) just about everything that Ilya does seems to smell strongly of amateurishness.

* The half-assed initial Kickstarter.
* The increasingly complex and confusing revisions to the pledge rewards.
* The constantly shifting goals ("We know what people really want! No - wait. What they really want is a B-17. No - wait. What they really want is an Me-262")
* The serious lack of communication with the community on the Kickstarter page and the official ED forums.
* The questionable disconnect between stated goal "We just want the money for extended Beta testing and polish" versus the financial realities of the project "We're doing this Kickstarter 6 months before we're ready".
* The very, very amateur videos.

As much as it might not look like it, I'm not looking to slam the man or the project. Nothing would make me happier than to see DCS: WW2 be a massive success. However, I think it's fair to say Ilya had a considerable PR mountain to climb after the disastrous launch of CloD and this project (from my perspective) has almost done the opposite. Instead of instilling trust and confidence in the man and his approach, it's tended to give an insight into how CloD was such an unfocused and poorly managed project.

Still, my heart's ruling my head on this one and I truly hope I'm very wrong.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Be sure.

#3843324 - 09/29/13 04:43 PM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: SlipBall]  
Wedge Offline
Wedge  Offline

I was less than impressed with him and that old t-shirt. To me if you are trying to sell something - presentation is everything.

#3843347 - 09/29/13 05:52 PM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: Wedge]  
Pizzicato Offline
Asleep at the Wheel
Pizzicato  Offline
Asleep at the Wheel

Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted By: Wedge
if you are trying to sell something - presentation is everything.

Aye. I totally agree.

The whole endeavour feels very shabby, half-assed and poorly thought through. It's a world away from the constant updates and slick presentation that are coming out of 777.

(Note - This isn't a 777 versus RRG thing. I want both of them to succeed. It's just that 777 are currently laying down a marker for high-quality community relations and clear, honest messaging).

---------
Pizzicato
#3843389 - 09/29/13 08:47 PM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: Pizzicato]  
Royraiden Offline
Royraiden  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wedge
if you are trying to sell something - presentation is everything.

Aye. I totally agree.

The whole endeavour feels very shabby, half-assed and poorly thought through. It's a world away from the constant updates and slick presentation that are coming out of 777.

(Note - This isn't a 777 versus RRG thing. I want both of them to succeed. It's just that 777 are currently laying down a marker for high-quality community relations and clear, honest messaging).

The budget of each team has a lot to do with the huge difference in marketing and presentation, anyways it can be a lot better, it has to.

#3843448 - 09/29/13 11:24 PM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: Pizzicato]  
Tempered Offline
Tempered  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ratcatcher
I wish them all the best with this and have pledged and all, but my god they need to improve their video presentations... I felt myself going crossed eyed with the way he kept looking off camera throughout the presentation.

Maybe their next stretch goal could be for an autocue???

Lol! 100% agree. biggrin

I've also backed and also hope that they come up with something wonderful, but (IMHO) just about everything that Ilya does seems to smell strongly of amateurishness.

* The half-assed initial Kickstarter.
* The increasingly complex and confusing revisions to the pledge rewards.
* The constantly shifting goals ("We know what people really want! No - wait. What they really want is a B-17. No - wait. What they really want is an Me-262")
* The serious lack of communication with the community on the Kickstarter page and the official ED forums.
* The questionable disconnect between stated goal "We just want the money for extended Beta testing and polish" versus the financial realities of the project "We're doing this Kickstarter 6 months before we're ready".
* The very, very amateur videos.

As much as it might not look like it, I'm not looking to slam the man or the project. Nothing would make me happier than to see DCS: WW2 be a massive success. However, I think it's fair to say Ilya had a considerable PR mountain to climb after the disastrous launch of CloD and this project (from my perspective) has almost done the opposite. Instead of instilling trust and confidence in the man and his approach, it's tended to give an insight into how CloD was such an unfocused and poorly managed project.

Still, my heart's ruling my head on this one and I truly hope I'm very wrong.

100% agree.

#3843506 - 09/30/13 02:29 AM Re: WWll, llya realeased #5 video [Re: Tempered]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Yep. It all smacks of the usual chaos. Hopelessly half-arsed and amaturish.

Having said that, I have backed it. Despite having sworn I would never support one of Ilya's projects again after the way he treated the CLoD fans.

I hope he sorts his shizzle out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.