Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3724678 - 01/25/13 02:19 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
sounds great, i am jsut now getting into the great harpoon games - will this one have a land combat aspect - i wonder why no one has done something like Harpoon for land operations or even why the game patriot never took off with more battlesets

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3725150 - 01/26/13 12:12 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Hello,

Command does feature ground units but the combat between them lacks some of the details you will find in dedicated land combat titles (for example tanks don't have different armor depending on aspect). We have been quite clear that we are not making a Steel Panthers (or Armored Brigade now) equivalent and we are very satisfied with the modelling we have for them. Land units do restrict their movement and LOS from terrain and weather factors, can fight amongst themselves (artillery & MLRS duels are particularly popcorn-worthy) and of ccourse interact in very detailed manner with air and naval units. One feature we're particularly proud of is the inclusion of aimpoints in mobile formations (see here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1159) so no more wierd things like wiping out a tank platoon with a single LGB as in older games.

Some our our land-related screenshots:

#3725383 - 01/26/13 12:15 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
This looks outstanding, cant wait!

#3841326 - 09/24/13 04:08 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Richardg]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Originally Posted By: Richardg
Matrix Games...thats a guarantee it will be over-priced.

They have not let you down.

#3841331 - 09/24/13 04:18 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Wodin]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Originally Posted By: Wodin
No pro order with Matrix games ...also I have a sneaky feeling this ill be a $79.99 title..to pricey for me considering it's not really my wargaming genre..shame as I was looking forward to it..however I could be wrong and it could be around $39.99...hopefully.

Slitherine group say they aren't "games publishers" as such and therefor edo a different policy for pricing as they are niche games..not sue that hold sup these days with the burgeoning Indie scene that has many niche genres at very low pries. Slitherine wont budge on their pricing policy though.

If I won the lottery I'd set up a wargaming publisher and have a totally different pricing policy and I'm sure it would do OK.

It's not so much their release price but the fact the have games 5 years old plus at $49.99 that I'm sure barely sell

You nailed it! 79.99+tax for download and 94.99 for boxed+Download (box version are on back order)
Heck they still sell Harpoon for 60.00+

It may be a niche market but that's due to their high pricing as you have to really really like war sims to buy from them. You put this on Steam for 49.99 and it would sell more copies in one day than they will probably ever sell on Matrix games. oh well

#3841559 - 09/25/13 06:48 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

#3841587 - 09/25/13 09:57 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Dimitris]  
BadKarma1001 Offline
BadKarma1001  Offline

Landau, Germany
Originally Posted By: Dimitris
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

Congrats!

Still, imho the pricing is way to high, guess how many more sales you would have generated with a 50 buck pricetag! For me it would have been a nobrainer, since i want a game like this for some time now and from the comments on the forums at Matrixgames i think i woulden´t be the only one, but this pricing policy seems just plain greedy!

Hardcore wargames are a niche product but prices like this take care that it stays that way!

#3841962 - 09/26/13 05:05 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: Dimitris]  
smithed54 Offline
smithed54  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitris
Hi guys,

There is nothing Historic about a game release or did I miss something in the news?
The "Vibe" to me is rather tame compared to other game released I've seen. I've only seen a handful of people on Matrix sight give "first impressions" in two days but many many more complaining abut the high price.

Oh well good luck the game looks cool but I'm out at that price.

#3841988 - 09/26/13 07:23 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: BadKarma1001]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Originally Posted By: BadKarma1001
[

Congrats!

Still, imho the pricing is way to high, guess how many more sales you would have generated with a 50 buck pricetag! For me it would have been a nobrainer, since i want a game like this for some time now and from the comments on the forums at Matrixgames i think i woulden´t be the only one, but this pricing policy seems just plain greedy!

Hardcore wargames are a niche product but prices like this take care that it stays that way!

Yep I agree with that. Kind of like the Train Simulator DLCs. It's already a niche game, but the pricing keeps it exclusively in the realm of the "nichest of the niche".

I know there's a lot of Train Sim DLCs I would get if the prices were lower.

Same with Command. I'd definitely get it if the price wasn't so high.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3842222 - 09/26/13 06:51 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
this thing is incredible. so much fun to play

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
#3842344 - 09/26/13 10:01 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Is it very buggy, Moses?

That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Every other factor just screams "BUY!!!"

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#3842523 - 09/27/13 08:39 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: shan2]  
BadKarma1001 Offline
BadKarma1001  Offline

Landau, Germany
Originally Posted By: shan2
Is it very buggy, Moses?

That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Every other factor just screams "BUY!!!"

I don´t have the game since the pricetag seems a little greedy but i am following the forums at matrixgames and it seems that some ppl have issues with the performance!
If i was sure that i wouldn´t have those problems i probably already bought the game, despite the greedy distributor!

#3842994 - 09/28/13 05:10 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
DonG Offline
DonG  Offline

amsterdam
tHIS IS THE bEST nAVAL SIM EVER RELEASED!! tHANKS

#3842995 - 09/28/13 05:18 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

Originally Posted By: BadKarma1001
I don´t have the game since the pricetag seems a little greedy but i am following the forums at matrixgames and it seems that some ppl have issues with the performance!
If i was sure that i wouldn´t have those problems i probably already bought the game, despite the greedy distributor!

Same performance problems here. Anything more than a couple of dozen units on each side and she crawls. I had one of the larger scens running and it took 7 seconds for every second of real time. My computer isn't top-of-the-line, but it meets the requirements.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#3843012 - 09/28/13 06:23 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
Well...that sucks. I'm holding off until the performance issues are resolved. (On the bright side, maybe the Collector's Edition will be available by then.)

#3843118 - 09/29/13 12:13 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
TankHunter Offline
Misanthropic Peon
TankHunter  Offline
Misanthropic Peon

I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I have a fairly new computer and haven't done any largely complex missions.

l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I don’t have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
#3843197 - 09/29/13 09:27 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
One of the beta testers is streaming live plays (and then stores on Youtube) of his adventures in Command. So if anyone's interested to see how Command feels, behaves and performs on a real-world system (instead of relying on anecdotal sources) look here: http://www.youtube.com/user/baloogan/feed smile

#3843200 - 09/29/13 09:38 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Dimitris Offline
Dimitris  Offline

Greece
BTW, the v1.01 update is currently being tested by both the beta group and select customers, and should soon be available. Significant UI performance improvements, all known crash problems fixed, and top-priority features requested have been included.

#3843400 - 09/29/13 09:32 PM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
That's good to know.

When are they going to release the Collector's Edition? I want the full color manual! biggrin

#3843500 - 09/30/13 02:09 AM Re: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations published by Matrix [Re: citizen guod]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

A new review for CMO has been posted to SimHQ.
http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/command-modern-air-naval-operations-review.html

The review is also available in video format:

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.