Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3839085 - 09/19/13 09:37 AM Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Extension DIY [Re: hannibal]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Originally Posted By: hannibal
if you have room for it, go for it!

Well there's the kicker. We have very limited space so at the moment it's not feasible. There will have to be some major clearing out, to do a bit of room re-planning first. That's going to be a daunting task jawdrop

Maybe I can cobble up something temporary at my present desk and office chair but it won't be ideal. At least with my joystick floor mounted I have clear desk space so I could make up a switch/button panel to fix to the front and secure with velcro. Everything will have to be dismantle-able. Pipe dreams at the moment, but something may happen.

Hope you get your spring centering system sorted. Helicopters have me beat at the moment. I have DCS Huey and Blackshark and although I can land the Huey (most of the time) it never ends up where I WANT to land it. Just getting it down without breaking it is an achievement in my book hahaha. I always seem to over compensate - a lot more practice - and delicacy - is required.

Ah those ebay car seats? Do you mean the race bucket seats? I've been thinking along those lines too. Sometimes you can pick them up reasonably cheaply but the ones on offer right now are a bit beyond my reach. I've managed to shuffle a few things under the wife's radar, but she might notice a racing bucket seat hahaha

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3845555 - 10/03/13 08:05 PM Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Extension DIY [Re: recoilfx]  
iRocco Offline
iRocco  Offline

My Warthog should hopefully arrive tomorrow and i´m absolutely stoked about it and actually ahving fun looking for possibilites to extend it. I read this and some threads on Ed Forums and went to the local store and found this:

I plan to extend the stick with those pipes, i think i can get them in PVC too, which reduces the weight of the whole contruction. Those are 3/4' connecters which should work right?

My example is that guy and his setup:

Has anyone made any experience with such plumbing pipes?

#3845571 - 10/03/13 08:47 PM Re: Thrustmaster Warthog Extension DIY [Re: recoilfx]  
Lausbub78 Online content
Lausbub78  Online Content

The Thread you will need is a metric M36x2 to connect the Grip or the base with the extension. I don't know if the Pipes will fit. Some people used a certain Gardena hose connector for a reason. Otherwise I think more would have just used Pipes,as it would have been easier to just use them without modifying the Gardena stuff.
Best to ask in the Store if the pipes are using the correct Thread,just to be sure.

Hm and just by the looks,the Thread on the pipe seems too small. I can aswell be wrong though.

Last edited by Lausbub78; 10/03/13 08:49 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.