Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3836673 - 09/14/13 03:18 AM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Thanks RK. I was able to follow your instructions perfectly.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

When I try to host a race, it let's me into the game but my car doesn't show. Even if I use a stock car and a stock track.

Any chance there's something with the Windows Firewall that's preventing it from working? Should I disable the Windows Firewall?

As with all things regarding networking, I'm stumped yet again. Ugh.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3836724 - 09/14/13 06:23 AM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Easiest way to test is to just turn it off. Since this is with someone you know, I'd do that.
Otherwise, check the list and if you don't see it, add it manually:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs

Might have to ask an rFactor expert, I don't know much about it. Kind of sounds like you're running a server only.
If your friend is able to connect, it doesn't sound like a firewall issue.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3836870 - 09/14/13 03:56 PM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
Phoenix Offline
Phoenix  Offline

Hi Leemz,

Findports.com says that you also need to open ports 34297 for both TCP & UDP.

Yes, you will also need to open these ports in your Windows Firewall AND in your router. I don't know what version of windows you're using, but this guide will give you the general idea for how to open ports in Windows firewall:

http://www.rfactor-league.com/rFactor/ConfigPorts.html

I also respectfully recommend that you disable these ports once you're done playing.

#3837004 - 09/14/13 10:04 PM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Well, for some reason that is beyond my understanding, it "appears" to be working no. I didn't do anything differently.

I say "appears" because I haven't actually had my friend attempt to join yet but it does let me create an online game and I can join and race in it myself with AI. I couldn't even do that before. Hoping to test it with my friend sometime this weekend.

@Phoenix,
I think Port 34297 is just for LAN play (at least according to the rFactor documentation).

But, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#3837177 - 09/15/13 11:32 AM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I think I might have figured it out (sort of).

It worked when I was logged in as "Admin". When I logged into my normal account, it went back to not working.

But, my normal account has full admin privileges so I don't really understand why it won't work when I'm logged into that account.

Anyway, I'll try to test it for real online with a friend today.

Edgar Allan Poe
#3837203 - 09/15/13 01:07 PM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
The Nephilim Offline
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Offline
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ

It worked when I was logged in as "Admin". When I logged into my normal account, it went back to not working.

But, my normal account has full admin privileges so I don't really understand why it won't work when I'm logged into that account.

Well if it does not work I'll be glad to help you through getting it setup.. Also there are 3 ports you need to open for Online play in that link for the firewall.. IF you need a Port Open it will NOT be for LAN Play as you need NO ports for LAN Play as it is all inside your Own network..

http://www.rfactor-league.com/rFactor/ConfigPorts.html

Best thing to make sure the Ports are Open is to DL and Run "Simple Port Tester" Please Don't use thos online port checkers.. Go here and DL and Run this simple port tester:

http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

When you test the 3 ports for rFactor and they come back as Open you can almost be sure it will work Online.. IF the ports come back as open and your friend has trouble connecting it is probally on his end..

Testing your Ports eliminates you as being the problem in the network.. I can be on TS3 if you want to get walked through it..

EDIT: Her e are the ports Required for rFactor:

rFactor 34447 TCP .... 34297, 34397 UDP

Last edited by The Nephilim; 09/15/13 01:24 PM.

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#3837570 - 09/16/13 01:13 PM Re: Need a good router for Xbox and PC gaming. Recommendations?? [Re: LeemzHQ]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ

I haven't used rfactor in years, but IIRC some settings are in the profile, not the main directory. So if you run as a different user, it doesn't matter if you have full rights because the game will be looking in the wrong place.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.