Ebola for you!
#3835335 - 09/11/13 12:50 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Seems a bit like skipping to the end of the book. These should be in the game for us as you play the game and build up. Progression is what makes a game like this fun. I'm afraid people are using bigger and bigger purchases as a way of enjoying the game before you can play it, but only to miss out on gameplay when it actually comes out. I understand supporting the game, I got the aurora package too for a fall back ship, even if small. At this point though, they're well covered for funds.
Just a thought, people can and will spend their money how they wish.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3835441 - 09/11/13 05:50 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
Discord Offline
Discord  Offline

Niagara Falls Ontario
A question for those that have upgraded, I currently have the digital bounty hunter package, but I am starting to really like the Freelancer. How do you upgrade an existing package?

One day the West will fall. But if the Liberty for which we fight is taken up by the world then the West will not have failed.
#3835448 - 09/11/13 06:14 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
If you go into 'your hangar' on the website, then find your pledge and select to 'exchange for store credits'.

You will then have the credits in your account.

Buy the new one, at checkout, there is a button to click that allows you to use your credits, then you can specify how much to use.

Worked for me yesterday.

smile

#3835627 - 09/12/13 01:27 AM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

Originally Posted By: Alicatt
Santhonax, the 300i looks to be a good ship, I had one too but changed it for the 315p as exploration is what I want to do, you can get a 325a which is the "fighter" version of the 300 series, the 350r is a twin engine racer but in the details it is built lighter and therefore be a bit more fragile than the 300i or 325a. All these things have still to be "balanced" in the dog fighting module due out in December.

You can melt your package to get another one, but be careful as some packages don't come with Alpha, Beta or even game access.
The 315p and 325a are upgrade ships and don't come with a game

There are no more upgrade packs. It's all individual ships now and the 325a comes in it's own package with alpha/beta, hangar, UEC, etc.. Arbiter Pack. You can melt "redeem" your current pack for store credits and pay the difference. If you bought your 300i pack a while ago you should be veteran backer status at least for LTI on the Arbiter pack.

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Seems a bit like skipping to the end of the book. These should be in the game for us as you play the game and build up. Progression is what makes a game like this fun. I'm afraid people are using bigger and bigger purchases as a way of enjoying the game before you can play it, but only to miss out on gameplay when it actually comes out. I understand supporting the game, I got the aurora package too for a fall back ship, even if small. At this point though, they're well covered for funds.
Just a thought, people can and will spend their money how they wish.
]

Yeah I agree with you RK but these ships are beginner ships or at best midline ships. The big boys like the 350r, m50, Starfarer, Idris and heavy bombers are the end game. Still gotta work for them. I'm with you in that I don't understand what's the appeal in getting ALL of the ships now. Not on a price point, it's their money after all, but I'm just thinking what the hell they're going to do in game when they have everything there right at the start.

Originally Posted By: MojoFlow
If you go into 'your hangar' on the website, then find your pledge and select to 'exchange for store credits'.

You will then have the credits in your account.

Buy the new one, at checkout, there is a button to click that allows you to use your credits, then you can specify how much to use.

Worked for me yesterday.

smile

Yeah you can "melt" packages, check out the ship in the hangar and keep on melting to your heart's content until they're flagged as "used". Not too sure when that will be. Probably dogfighting module?

#3838183 - 09/17/13 01:28 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
Santhonax Offline
Santhonax  Offline

Temporarily relocated to Brita...
Quote:
There are no more upgrade packs. It's all individual ships now and the 325a comes in it's own package with alpha/beta, hangar, UEC, etc.. Arbiter Pack. You can melt "redeem" your current pack for store credits and pay the difference. If you bought your 300i pack a while ago you should be veteran backer status at least for LTI on the Arbiter pack.

I am a veteran backer, so getting the LTI for an upgrade would be nice, but I'm hesitant to actually upgrade to the "combat" variant of the 300i if it's possible to simply upgrade my stock 300i with the appropriate equipment later. In-game I will likely be doing a fair amount of combat, but would also like to pursue some limited exploring and general roaming about/limited trading.

I guess my question then becomes one of: are they still planning to allow us to upgrade/swap out specific hardware on our ships (as opposed to only changing "mods" in augmentation slots)? Looking at the 315p for example: the only major changes I see are an upgraded engine and sensors/tractor beam. Seems silly to me to spend money on that ship if I can simply alter my stock 300i to have the same/similar sensors a few days into playing the game, while also upgrading my weapons/engine to accomodate a better fighting platform (just personal opinion here, I understand some folks wanting to get better equip straight out of the gate). With the possible exception of how the "frame" of the ship is built, if we can change around the specific hardware then I feel fine with the stock 300i, as the only thing I'm losing is a little time by not having it already upgraded.

Now if you cannot alter your hardware, or if the frames themselves are substantially different between variants, that would alter this whole equation...

Ebola for you!
#3838188 - 09/17/13 01:43 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Yes, the ships will be fully customizable. Everything will be customizable afaik. The mods are just one MORE thing you can customize to change the base function of the ship but the thrusters, engines, weapons etc can all be customized.

Frames cant be changed. But this is only an issue in the 300 series with the 350r because it's frame adds another engine and removes cargo space. But I dont think any other example of that exists yet.

Last edited by Master; 09/17/13 01:44 PM.
#3838204 - 09/17/13 02:20 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: Master]  
Santhonax Offline
Santhonax  Offline

Temporarily relocated to Brita...
Originally Posted By: Master
Yes, the ships will be fully customizable. Everything will be customizable afaik. The mods are just one MORE thing you can customize to change the base function of the ship but the thrusters, engines, weapons etc can all be customized.

Frames cant be changed. But this is only an issue in the 300 series with the 350r because it's frame adds another engine and removes cargo space. But I dont think any other example of that exists yet.

Excellent, thanks for the info. As such I'll just stick with the 300i since if I get the 325a I'll just have to swap out the sensors and possibly a weapon slot for a tractor beam, whereas if I went for the 315p I'd just have to upgrade the weaponry/engines. No matter what I was looking at an upgrade, so might as well start from scratch.

Of course, I now have to see if pay-day forces me to pick up a trader or not...

Ebola for you!
#3838210 - 09/17/13 02:40 PM Re: Star Citizen - SimHQ Help [Re: MojoFlow]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
Sounds like one of the new stretch goals is to allow the user some control over a limited number of facilities or something like that. I will open the first SimHQ Red Light District.

S

MWO callsign Feetwet
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.