Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3813656 - 07/24/13 02:56 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Uriah Offline
Uriah  Offline

Kansas City, Missouri - USA
Quote:
h#ll there are still people who prefer hatswitches, and EAW.
I plead guilty to EAW. But that is a moot point. And you can use TRACK IR with EAW.

Race you to the Mucky Duck!
#3813684 - 07/24/13 07:30 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Argos Offline
Argos  Offline

OR + Leap Motion = problems solved.

#3822172 - 08/14/13 08:48 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Luthier + DCS? I feel like running away at just the thought of that. This will have to be mind-boggling amazing to get me to buy it. Out of fairness, I'll keep an eye on it though.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3822298 - 08/14/13 05:22 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Uriah]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Uriah
Quote:
h#ll there are still people who prefer hatswitches, and EAW.
I plead guilty to EAW. But that is a moot point. And you can use TRACK IR with EAW.

I have no doubt that anyone could use TrackIR in EAW. My point was some people don't like change, and will not gravitate to something new easily, even if it is more immersive.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3822779 - 08/15/13 05:34 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: HogDriver]  
Sentinal50 Offline
Sentinal50  Offline

Originally Posted By: HogDriver
Luthier + DCS? I feel like running away at just the thought of that. This will have to be mind-boggling amazing to get me to buy it. Out of fairness, I'll keep an eye on it though.

+1
Same with BoM.
I will wait for impartial reviews. The only thing you can somewhat trust. User comments are often extremely deceiving both positive and negative (fanboys and haters).

Last edited by Sentinal50; 08/15/13 05:35 PM.
#3822827 - 08/15/13 06:45 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Sentinal50]  
Daze Offline
Daze  Offline

Florida
I dislike EDGE but we'll see

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
#3822887 - 08/15/13 09:25 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Sentinal50]  
SC/JG_Oesau Offline
SC/JG_Oesau  Offline

Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: Sentinal50

+1
Same with BoM.
I will wait for impartial reviews. The only thing you can somewhat trust. User comments are often extremely deceiving both positive and negative (fanboys and haters).

BOM? Don't you mean BOS or are you referring to something else?

Ilya - he gets such as bad rap for CLOD for what was in IMHO something that was going to fail well before he was given the hospital pass.

So, he's had Pacific Fighter so get's one thumbs up for that
CLOD - one thumb down for that one

I have a lot of confidence in DCS in terms of Ilya's ability to deliver.

CPU - i7-3770K @3.50Ghz, RAM - 32Gb (800Mhz), Video Card - GTX980Ti
TrackIR-4, Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Satiek Quadrant, Saitek Switch Panel, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Win 7 Home Prem 64bit
#3822906 - 08/15/13 10:17 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: Daze]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Daze
I dislike EDGE but we'll see

I don't think their new EDGE graphic engine has been finished/released yet.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3828227 - 08/28/13 03:59 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

Confirmed: a year's supply of bull$h1t in one post. Looking forward to yutube banjo vidz!

#3828263 - 08/28/13 07:12 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: SC/JG_Oesau]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

+1
Same with BoM.

Ilya - he gets such as bad rap for CLOD for what was in IMHO something that was going to fail well before he was given the hospital pass.

Wasn't the failure of CLod more of a failure of the community, to keep up with the times in hardware

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3828269 - 08/28/13 07:34 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: SlipBall]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Originally Posted By: SlipBall

+1
Same with BoM.

Wasn't the failure of CLod more of a failure of the community, to keep up with the times in hardware

Not really.. It's just like every single IL2 game out there. There is stuff you setup before you play it. I'm sure everyone remembers the bible for IL246? Start your settings.exe (set it up and never touch it again) then setup your in game sound and graphics stuff, but never touch your resolution again, but then setup your config.ini (with your real resolution), all the while never touching your settings.exe, your in game resolution, and then finally setting up your graphics settings in your video cards control panel. Use open GL this, negative LOD bias that etc. etc.. If you did it all in that order you should have all your proper settings saved to make it look right, sound right, and play right. If not, repeat from the beginning.

People should have learned this from the old game. But instead because they didn't take the time to figure out what settings did what, or wait till someone posted some comprehensive settings guide (like 46 did on about every 46 forum out there btw) that people would rather throw a hissy fit.

To me, there's no comparison to how Cliffs plays now. I play at max everything and always maintain 50-60FPS with the mods. Not only is it the most complex (complex in a good way) WWII sim out there, it's also the best looking by a long shot.

Anyone that trashes on Cliffs of Dover in it's current state clearly don't know much about it. But yeah, you're right in a way Slip. If you own a PC that barely can max out old IL2 (a 11+ year old game) expecting that same PC to work the same in modern DX10 game as complex as a flight simulator (with settings turned up) is pretty funny.

"But in call of duty I get 60 FPS!".. That's the best one I've seen. There's more going on in an altimeter in one of the cockpits for Clod (yes they are modeled German/RAF with the same math they were designed with from individual manufacturer back in the day). It's that insane. The sim is just flat out complex in everything. That is one of the reasons that playing it well over 1500 hours still nets me new things I see in it on a weekly basis.

People don't know what they are missing. It's a shame the bad press early on has made people afraid of trying it / playing it etc. The sim is quite amazing, and is bar none the best flight sim I've ever played. I've tried going back to 46 because of the additional content / maps etc., but it's just arcade in comparison, let alone the way Cliffs looks and feels.

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 08/28/13 07:38 AM.
#3828283 - 08/28/13 09:49 AM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Bliss it really is a shame and thanks for all of your efforts for such a long time. Never complaining, always with your eye on the ball. S

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#3828327 - 08/28/13 01:30 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
2Lt_Joch Offline
2Lt_Joch  Offline

Montreal, Canada.
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss
Anyone that trashes on Cliffs of Dover in it's current state clearly don't know much about it.

I would have to agree with that 100%. I stayed away from CoD because of all the bad press, bought it last year for 8 bucks, but did not really play it. I am only really getting into it now with the TF mod. On my rig, it plays super smooth on medium-high settings (which I am slowly bumping up). The modeling of the various aircraft systems is very deep (certainly more than we will likely see in BoS).

CoD certainly has the potential to be the Falcon 4 of WW2 sims.

Speaking of which, everyone now holds up F4 as some gold standard. Everyone seems to forget that when it came out in 1999, it was trashed as thoroughly and frequently as CoD. It was only through the tender loving care of dedicated modders that it was brought to its current state.

Intel Q9550, Gyga P35-DS3R, XFX 6950 XXX, 27" widescreen, 8 g. DDR2 @800, 2xWDRaptor 36g HD @ RAID 0, 1tb WD Caviar black HD, X-Fi Fatal1ty, win 7 64bit ultimate, Cougar/FSSB/HS1, Tir4.
pilot
#3828877 - 08/29/13 03:11 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: SlipBall]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

+1
Same with BoM.

Are you kidding me ...? A failure of the community? No way. Not in any way shape or form. Even the notion is ridiculously flawed reasoning. To suggest that CoD failed because.. the prospective buyers failed to upgrade their PCs is absurd.

The failure of CoD was the failure of it's creators to create a product that would run, even if marginally on the average rig of the day. Given the time it took to release CoD from it's initial development to release and all the hype and rhetoric surrounding it, this lack of foresight is even more egregious. It should have been capable of doing that upon release. Also considering what was done with the last official patch and the work of TF, that makes it even more suspect. You mean to tell me that a group of modders who don't even have access to the full code can do a better job of tweaking CoD to make it more enjoyable than the folks who wrote the code? Nonsense. Somebody in the chain .. whether it was a pencil pusher or a programmer I don't know and can't speak on.. but somebody in a position of authority on that project screwed up early and made a series of decisions that only made things worse. Hats off to TF and Ilya for that last bit that made it more accessible to more flyers... but you can't pin that mess on anyone but the folks responsible for putting it out there in the first place. There were guys who had decent rigs.. and still could not run it decently.. Even if it was just a matter of tweaking.. which it was not.. there was more to it than that.. the fact that there was no setup guide worth the pixels it was created on was just as egregious. What that last patch did and the work of TF only reenforces that notion. Granted it would not have been expected to run great or even good on an average rig of the day.. but I know a lot of folks who had decent rigs and they could not run it at all when it was first released. If you release a product that is so complex that it takes a few years for the technology to catch up to it.. and you expect it to sell upon release anyway then you may be a great programmer but a lousy business person.

The creators of CoD owe a great deal of gratitude to TF.. because any additional sales of the product will be a direct result of their hard work and the good press it generates in light of the initial release.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3828882 - 08/29/13 03:23 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
2Lt_Joch Offline
2Lt_Joch  Offline

Montreal, Canada.
The problem that I see with CoD is basically the same thing that happened to F4. The developpers were too ambitious, tried to pack too many features into it, went over budget, were forced to release it before all the features had been tweaked and were not able to recoup development costs.

The key with flight sims is to start small, make sure your product works and then add on features as the sales allow. That worked for the original Il-2, RoF and Third Wire. The original Il-2 did not even have any advanced CEM, as I recall.

Intel Q9550, Gyga P35-DS3R, XFX 6950 XXX, 27" widescreen, 8 g. DDR2 @800, 2xWDRaptor 36g HD @ RAID 0, 1tb WD Caviar black HD, X-Fi Fatal1ty, win 7 64bit ultimate, Cougar/FSSB/HS1, Tir4.
pilot
#3828926 - 08/29/13 04:43 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I don't remember.. I came to IL2 in 02 and by then I think about 3 or 4 patches had already come out... but yeah I agree.. Consider that there are still people who are just now upgrading their rigs so they can run 46 decently. Considering all the "stuff" that was buried in the seed of IL2... that took over a decade to pull out and new stuff is still being pulled out of that engine.. Look at 4.12.1 .... I hope that BoS has this kind of longevity...

#3829055 - 08/29/13 09:31 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
I'm just as guilty as many of you, I never did an up-grade until I realized that the beautiful sim was being hacked to pieces to its current sad state. I realized that I needed the original game back, so I got it. The mod is cool for on-line but they may never get back the beauty of the released game...in fact their trying may have a heavy cost at home life

Clod
#3829089 - 08/29/13 10:38 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
None of us are guilty of anything.. I guarantee you if CoD had worked on 30%-50% of the PCs that bought it when it was released.. even if marginally .. as in only a handful of planes at a time with settings on low it would have succeeded and people would have gladly upgraded their rigs ASAP if they had something to work toward. The fact that it was a slide show on just about anything but a top of the line rig of the day, and even then it still had issues.. was all the fault of the folks behind it's development and release.. whether that was Oleg & 1C or whomever. The community did it's part ... many of us bought it within the first few weeks of it's release and had it worked things would have been different. It wasn't like they released a great working product that just needed a little tweaking ... It was in far worse state than IL 2 was upon release from all accounts I have heard and read. Also if it had been from just about anyone but the team that made IL2 perhaps more patience would have ensued.. but this was the team that brought you IL2 and had us waiting for what ... 6 years? Please.

All that is in the past now and it is done.. It was what it was and it is what it is.. and now no thanks at all to the people who released it outside of that one act, it has been rendered playable by a wider audience. Well that is not entirely true because too their credit the last two official patches did a lot to set the stage where it is now.. Too bad this was not the case from day one.. or at least by year one.

#3829096 - 08/29/13 10:47 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: SlipBall]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

I'm just as guilty as many of you, I never did an up-grade until I realized that the beautiful sim was being hacked to pieces to its current sad state. I realized that I needed the original game back, so I got it. The mod is cool for on-line but they may never get back the beauty of the released game...in fact their trying may have a heavy cost at home life

Can you explain what is wrong with the current game compared to the original? Because I could say about 10,000 things wrong with the original game that have been fixed with mods.

Sure the original look of the game was fantastic at certain times of day, but absolutely dreadful at others. Lime green textures etc. Airplanes were nowhere near their historical speeds / heights, incorrectly labeled cockpit instruments, levers that worked backwards, an absolute resource hog in all areas.

The mods have fixed all this and IMO, have made the game look far better and more realistic at all times of daylight than the original game did by a long shot. I also cannot understand how you say the mods are geared towards online. Every single thing that is done, minus netcode stuff, has improved the sim as a whole. I'm sure there are plenty of offline pilots that enjoy their plane being able to fly at a historical altitude, a historical speed, etc., just as much as offline pilots.

To say that the game is in a sad state now is baffling. The game is by far the best state it's ever been in - stable, smooth, historical FMs, and pretty to boot. Maybe you can elaborate some more? Because for every single pretty looking screenshot of early AM and late PM from the original game, I can post up some of the ugliest looking shots I've ever seen in all times in between from that same version. The original game was nowhere near finished nor optimized.

#3829117 - 08/29/13 11:47 PM Re: confirmed: luthier (RRG) and DCS are now workin on a new ww2 flightsim !! [Re: rootango]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I have no idea what the original sim was like because it was so bad that it was not even a good slideshow... all I know is that my main beef with CoD now is the FFB issue. If not for that it would be far more enjoyable to me. I don't know about all the pre mod greatness.. but in it's current state is is a pretty nice piece of kit and very enjoyable.. Before I upgraded to my current rig after that last patch, with my old FX-60,4GDDR300 NvGTX265 rig it was at least as playable as it should have been io that same rig two years ago. ON my current rig especially after this last patch it is thoroughly enjoyable.. except for loosing my stick forces.. I don't even use gunshake etc.. but it's the basic stick force loss that gets me... Hopefully TF will be able to do somethng with that as well as all the other improvements they have made since Ilya left. It is a shame, understandable but a shame that 1C does not release the code to TF.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.