Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
#3823782 - 08/18/13 10:15 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I finaly made all sets for my first customers. I also made CAM6 which I don't like :-(. I will try to modify it a little tomorow so I can ship pedals to customers with CAM 6 too.

Production was just excellent but so much time consuming...much more than I expected. I made production in many easy steps...but there are so many easy steps and every step takes time. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the proces.

Testing pedals went excellent. Precision is superb. For accuracy I kept old resolution on purpose....rudder 3400 positions, brakes cca 600 positions for each braking angle. I think it's enough anyway. More sensor reading produces nonlinearity on rudder and before I incrase that resolution I've got to figure out how to keep linearity. On brakes I just fitted the magnet 0,1 mm more distance from the sensor. This reduced sensor reading but kept linearity fine, also noise is reduced to only 1x position...and also since bearing for brakes has a little play in the bearing this magnet distance produces smaller error of bearing play - thus easier to calibrate correctly.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3825362 - 08/21/13 07:44 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Preordered pedals all shipped...and in a meanwhile I finaly sorted gallery on my website and few other details.

You might notice that 262 eur is "promo price". Well, next batch of pedals are going to be sold by that price, but I already know that I can't keep that price in the future.

I calculated material and CNC time right, I just didn't calculate labor time right and a few other sideby expenses that gathered. I already made few improvements in my production to speed up some processes and I will see how much can I speed up in the next batch. Then I will determine final price. You notice that VAT is not included there, and I am still shipping those as "prototype for testing".

So probably big question is When will I build my next batch...sadly...I can tell you it will be later than 15.09.

- I have to recive money from the first customers which paypal hold for 30 days...and then put it on my account at the end of the month. Without It I can't buy all pieces for pedals, and when I buy parts It will take some time to come to me.
- I just shipped all pedals yesterday and I need customers to say their opinion on CAM's and their satisfaction and feel in general. Some of them choose economy shipping so it might take a while.
- I have a lot of private and business stuff to do in next 15-20 days.

So, there will be some more waiting for people who want to buy...sorry...I want to start slowly and to be sure everything is just right.

Milan

#3825427 - 08/21/13 09:51 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Thanks Milan!

Looking forward to trying these out!

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3826318 - 08/23/13 05:20 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Hi Milan,

I recieved my package Today. I'm currently preparing the Frame where I will mount the Pedals on. My first impression is excellent and they are very sturdy and really well built,no comparsion to either my Simpeds or my Saitek pedals. I haven't used them yet,but I moved them with my Hand and they are moving very smooth without any noises or scratching.

You wanted some Feedback on the packing. It sits very tightly in the packet,which is of course good as it should be. No damage or anything related to shipping and transportaion. It was a bit Hard to get them out of the Box,though I tried to be careful not to damage the packing stuff or the Box.
Propably it was just me beeing so excited. biggrin It's easy enough to unpack if you put the box upside down and pull the box up. Then the rest will slide out.

#3826450 - 08/23/13 08:59 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Nice to hear that.

My first batch of pedals are finding their way to customers and I can't tell who is more excited...me or them...probably me :-)

I sent all pedals 20.08. Germans recived today via premium post...Express EMS hit UK today also....and pedals already crossed borders of Netherlands, US and amazingly South Africa. I'm still waiting to see how long it takes to Australia :-)

#3826530 - 08/24/13 01:00 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
BigC208 Offline
BigC208  Offline

Charlotte NC USA
I'm looking forward to getting mine in the USA. I hope it makes it in before I leave on a 3 week vacation to the Netherlands on the 1st of September. I thought about sending it to family there, would've been cheaper. Having to haul it home in a suitcase was not something I looked forward to though. I looked at the tracking info today and it said it had been put in a bag in Zagreb on the 20th.....Ah well, it gets here when it gets here. Been playing a lot of RoF, Il2 and CloD so I can compare my before and after performance when the pedals get here.

5930k@4.5ghz, 32gb ram, gtx1080ti, Samsung 55 inch 4k, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind, VKB Black Mamba, VKB Gunfighter MCE Ultimate, Reverb G2.
#3826613 - 08/24/13 10:20 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I found this tracking site very usefull.

http://www.track-trace.com/post

It automaticly track in source country, but you can select destination country too - becouse destination country normaly give more updated info...so BIGC208 - track it via USPS and you'll see :-)

#3826708 - 08/24/13 04:49 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

My pedals arrived in the UK yesterday and are on the Parcelforce express 48 service. That means they should be delivered within 48 hours of processing. Unfortunately, apart from the fact that they don't do weekend deliveries unless you pay even more for the service, Monday happens to be a bank holiday, so no delivery then either.

Tuesday 27th is the earliest I can expect delivery, so roll on Tuesday! I will report back on the packaging as requested.

Right now my parcel is in a depot 111 miles down the motorway from me. So near and yet so far.

Last edited by Rivet; 08/24/13 04:50 PM.
#3826712 - 08/24/13 04:57 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

Originally Posted By: milan_croatia
I'm still waiting to see how long it takes to Australia :-)

I can help you there Milan. I spoke to a friend of mine in Perth earlier and he told me that his pedals are awaiting customs clearance, so they have arrived in Australia today. smile

#3826729 - 08/24/13 05:27 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Hi all,

I've spent all morning and afternoon with modifiying the Base frame ,where I mounted my old pedals at, to make fit for the new ones and also modified my Desk a bit.
Milan ,I hope you don't mind if I post 2 Pictures showing everything assembled and in place.

Assembling the Pedals was really easy,nothing to worry about when you know how to handle an Allenkey.It's done in like 3 Minutes. The real time consuming part wasn't the Pedals but my Frame and Desk. Took me longer than expected.^^ I wanted to do right right and only one time,so the Time was worth it.

Calibration went well too though the first time you do it you should read the Manual on calibrating carefully. If you know what to do it's really easy and done in 1-2 minutes maximum.

Currently I'm using Cam Profile 6 and I'm still trying to find the best adjustments for Pedalangle and spring strength. I need to get used to the stronger spring compared to my old Simpeds. Actually I like the spring of the MFG Pedals better,just a matter of getting used to and there are many ways to adjust them to your needs.

I did a few "Fly now" Missions in Rise of Flight in different planes,mostly the ones with a sensitive Rudder. It was like night and day comparing to what I had before. Aiming is much easier,the aim doesn't jump all over the place anymore. The stiffer spring makes overcorrecting less likely and the overall control of the Plane is more stable and harder to get into a Spin.

So far I'm very impressed by the quality and the performance and I'm glad I ordered a Set.

I have to mention 1 thing though,nothing really negative, what maybe could be improved. The 4 Screwholes on the Baseplate are a bit small imo. I tried to get a M4 Screw in,but these still where too large. I'd mount the Pedals atleast with a 4mm Diameter wood- or metric Screw,if someone mounts them to the floor of a Cockpit ,or like I did on a Frame or a Wooden plate. Propably any 3mm Diameter Screws would be enough, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

#3826740 - 08/24/13 06:00 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
That was indeed helpful Milan. Ill keep it bookmarked for the next product you decide to make wink

That said, Mine is now within USPS tracking, and is "inbound out of customs" in New York. My guess is I'll be unboxing by mid week biggrin

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile

#3826755 - 08/24/13 06:42 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Customer in Netherlands recived them too :-)

Yes screws for fixing them to some baseplate are a bit small dimeter. I did it becouse someone might use chipboard screws or wood screws 3 or 3.5... so the hole is 4mm diam...and socketed a little with 6mm.

In any case you can drill the material with drill for wood or metal...just drill and release a bit...like aluminium drilling..take it slow....to make a hole wide as you like.

I did it becouse it's easy to make a hole wider...and impossible to make it smaller. And If you don't use wall spacers becouse you do screw fixing...those holes for wall spacers are available too...you could even fit metric M6 screw with screw head from the bottom :-)

P.S.
I don't mind at all you posting pictures...after all I posted as much inside details already :-)

For australia....I obviously don't have propper tracking service...Australian post report "not trackable item"

Last edited by milan_croatia; 08/24/13 06:47 PM.
#3827644 - 08/26/13 09:26 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
BigC208 Offline
BigC208  Offline

Charlotte NC USA
Milan, rudders arrived! Only I was out flying for work. They tried to deliver it one hour before I got home. Tomorrow I'm of flying the whole day so I'll pick it up on Wednesday. So far it looks like I don't have to pay any customs fees. All in all a quick travel across the pond. As soon as I get the package I'll give you feedback on how the packing material survived the trip.

5930k@4.5ghz, 32gb ram, gtx1080ti, Samsung 55 inch 4k, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind, VKB Black Mamba, VKB Gunfighter MCE Ultimate, Reverb G2.
#3827679 - 08/26/13 10:59 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Mine arrived today, packaging was perfect, everything went together well. Need to play with the brakes a bit, and haven't had time to try out different cam profiles (hopefully this weekend), but loving them so far, based on a quick outing in FSX. I finally feel CONNECTED to the rudder in the aircraft in the same way I am to the throttle and stick. Rudder inputs are natural, versus stabbing in the dark with the Saitek combat pedals.

More feedback as I get a chance to use them smile

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 08/26/13 10:59 PM.

Other Assets Deployed:

#3827829 - 08/27/13 09:50 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Rivet Offline
Rivet  Offline

My pedals also arrived safely this morning. The packaging was excellent. Our postal service did manage to put a small break in the outer cardboard box lid but the inner Styrofoam packing was perfectly intact with no damage. Everything was very well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

Assembly was a breeze. I have to go and find some screws to fix the pedals to my base board, but then it will be time to try them out. It was obvious on opening the package that this is top quality kit. They look and feel very solid.

I'm no real life pilot and as far as simming goes I've never used rudder pedals before so I don't have much to compare against. However, I can report back on the overall feel, the cam profiles and spring settings I like, which I will do.

This afternoon I think will be spent getting comfortable with using pedals for the first time. biggrin

#3827862 - 08/27/13 12:26 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

This is just glorious!
I'm so happy that this rudder project worked out! biggrin

Milan, that was really impressive!
Going to really think about this as my actual rudder pedals are just... nice.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3828178 - 08/28/13 01:14 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I'm away becouse of work...so I'm a bit inactive lately but watching.

I'm glad all of you are happy and that packing is good.

I'm waiting your opinions on CAM profiles and spring settings,some people already posted to me by e-mail...we'll discuss about it more when everybody get more used to their new gear :-)

#3829256 - 08/30/13 08:43 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
IvanK Offline
IvanK  Offline

Aus
My MFG pedals arrived yesterday in good order.

[url="http://s40.photobucket.com/user/zulu64/media/Pedalsday1_zps68c8d370.jpg.html"][/url]

Packaging was exceptional.
Workmanship and engineering is impeccable.

Assembly was minimal, fix pedals,connect Brake wires to snap in fittings, attach USB chord, Attach spring. All took about 10mins max.
Connected to PC and all was well.
Did a basic Win 7 Calibration on them.
Then using a supplied utility did a specific Brake calibration.

Fired up DCS P51D. New controller shown in options as Simunda MFG.
Assigned each brake axis, as Slider and tick the invert box
Set DZ at 10 , Curvature at 35.
For rudder again DZ 10 curvature 35
Went Flying

Absolutely stunning, Smooth progressive Differential brakes, Absolutely smooth Rudder application.
Yet to test the other 2 centering cams that came with them. Cam changing about a 5 min job.

So far so good .... Easily the best rudder pedals I have used on a PC.

only issue I had was figuring out where Win7 hides the calibration panel ! Here is the way to it for future refrence.
Start Control Panel
In the little Search box type in "Game"
then you will see the Setup USB game controller option.
click on it then Properties

[url="http://s40.photobucket.com/user/zulu64/media/MFG_Cal3_zps89164717.jpg.html"][/url]

FLOOR ATTACHMENT
My "pit" is on a large piece of Chipboard. To attach pedals to the Floor I cut 2 small bits of wood and MDF. The rear section to prevent rearward movement. The centre piece to prevent lateral movement. these 2 pieces working together effectively lock the pedals in place. There was no tendancy for the pedals to rise with aggressive use and or brake application. The anti slip mat under the pedals is probably not required. I chose this method rather than physically attaching the pedal base to the wood with screws. I had no need for the wall spacers as a already had a "Wall spacer" arrangement in place for my previous pedals.

[url="http://s40.photobucket.com/user/zulu64/media/Seanbaser1_zpsccd37677.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s40.photobucket.com/user/zulu64/media/Seanbaser2_zps5b417246.jpg.html"][/url]

#3829442 - 08/30/13 04:49 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Unfortunately, I'm having an issue where Saint's row Iv Want's to use this as it's default controller (versus the Xbox 360 controller hooked up)

I'm also having an issue where both DCS and Rise of Flight have had all their control assignments thrown out of whack because I plugged these in. I'm going to have to re-assign all of my controls now, which I'm not willing to do yet because I'm afraid unplugging these will cause the issue all over again.

Saints row works fine when I unplug them, but unplugging my pedals every time I want to play a non-sim game isn't a long term solution, especially considering my Saitek Combat rudders never did this. Plugging in my CH Pro-throttle for the first time also didn't completely destroy all my input settings for my games, so it's clear that introducing a new device into the mix isn't a problem for these games.

Anyone else having issues like this?

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 08/30/13 04:51 PM.

Other Assets Deployed:

#3829473 - 08/30/13 05:23 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Are you shure you didn't have trouble like that with other equipment before ?

I know of such problem...it is reported...but I didn't found a solution yet.

What I was told is that windows is stupid enough so every new controler you hook is going to get ID 1.

Especialy a problem if you already have your old pedals pluged - and then you unplug them and plug mine...what happens it that windows move all controller ID-s....and then for some reason force a new controller ID to 1. That's what I've been reported.

Most notably...controller is from Ukraina and used in BRD pedals over two years...so I didn't consider a firmware bug at all.

I've seen some Hacks to overcome this for WinXP, but none for Win7.

One thing that is also is important how simulator , or a game assign controller. If a game assign controller by ID ( Rise of flight, Il2, Il2 COD...) then you have to reasign all controls.

FSX don't have such problem,,,and I've been told DCS don't have that problem either.

So, This is important now :
If you can please check if unplugging and plugging other game devices couse a same behaviour or not
Everyone can make such check by plugging some old stick, pedals or something and then unplugg again.

Owners of MFG crosswind can make a comparison of behaviour of other hardware and MFG crosswind too.

It's important to me to determine if there is a bug in firmware of controller forcing it to take game controller ID 1 assignment in windows...so I can push our Ukrainian producer to make a change of that behaviour...Now he is telling me that it's up to windows to assign ID's.

Hopefully we will find a solution to this together.

Milan

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.