Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3822304 - 08/14/13 05:34 PM America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer)  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida

America’s Army: Proving Grounds To Launch This Summer
Huntsville, AL (August 14, 2013) -- The U.S. Army today announced that America’s Army: Proving Grounds, the next version of its official Army game, will launch on August 29, 2013 on Steam. The new America’s Army: Proving Ground website (http://aapg.americasarmy.com) features the game’s first trailer, as well as a registration form for players to reserve their Soldier name for the game.
As with its predecessors, America’s Army: Proving Grounds (AA: PG) showcases the Army by emphasizing Army Values, teamwork, training and completing the objectives through gameplay that reflects the Soldier’s Creed. Bringing the best features of the previous versions to a new America’s Army environment, AA: PG stresses small unit tactical maneuvers and training that echoes true-to-life Army scenarios. AA: PG reflects the current day Army by focusing on these smaller self-contained, full spectrum units that can carry out a variety of objectives during missions.
In the game, players will experience the type of positional tactical training that U.S. Soldiers encounter at a real Army MOUT (military operations on urban terrain) site. Set in a fictional country, The Republic of the Ostregals, players are in the role of an 11B Infantryman practicing combat maneuvers at JTC Griffin, a fabricated training environment created by Conex modular containers and found materials. This training is crucial to the player’s success as part of a Long Range Combined Arms – Recon (LRCA-R) unit, a full spectrum capable team that embarks on special operations missions behind enemy lines.
AA: PG features several training exercises designed to sharpen small unit maneuver skills. Battledrill Exercises (BDX) are small engagements of 6 players vs. 6 players. These fast-paced maps focus on the basic movements and maneuvers, allowing players to learn how the enemy might react and adjust their strategies for future engagements. The game also features Forward Line Operation (FLO) training for 12 vs. 12 players. These larger mission-based exercises require players to use several skills learned in their Battledrills to achieve success.
“We built America’s Army: Proving Grounds to appeal to novice as well as experienced America’s Army players,” said Marsha Berry, Project Manager for America’s Army. “For AA fans we are bringing back some of the much loved maps from AA2 and also introducing a new map style that’s smaller and more focused, allowing players to be much more thoughtful and strategic in their gameplay. For new AA players, the intuitive style of gameplay will allow players to gain experience and confidence much easier. Our emphasis on teamwork will allow new players to succeed, and allow experienced players a new level of depth in how they wish to strategize with their clans and train for competition.”
Setting the stage for AA: PG is the America’s Army Comics series (http://comics.americasarmy.com/) that lets readers further explore the America’s Army storyline and delve deep into character plots of Soldiers’ lives when deployed or at home. The comics are available through the America’s Army website and America’s Army Comics App (iTunes and Google Play) as well as through IDW on websites and for mobile devices through the IDW and comiXology apps, Apple iBooks, and on the Nook and Kindle among others.
The comics tell the saga of American forces deployed to Czervenia, a tiny foreign nation, in the middle of a chaotic conflict. From a seemingly insignificant nation of Czervenia, President-General Adzic and his army set upon a campaign of annihilation against the neighboring Republic of the Ostregals, setting in motion a mysterious plan that could change the course of world power forever. America's Army must create new experimental combat teams, forged together in secret Proving Grounds, and uncover the General's insidious plot before time runs out. The story furthers the plot for the game’s missions and maps and gives the player a better understanding of their assignment and the challenges they face. Released today, AA Comic Issue #8 Proving Grounds presents fans with the latest events which will lead directly into players’ missions when the game launches on August 29th.
About America’s Army
America's Army (www.americasarmy.com) products use innovative technology to provide authentic and entertaining Army experiences that reflect the lives, training, technology, skills, careers and values of a United States Army Soldier. The flagship is the America's Army PC Game, the official game of the U.S. Army. It's rated T for Teen and can be downloaded free from Steam. The Army launched America's Army in July of 2002, America’s Army: Special Forces in 2003, and America’s Army 3 in June 2009. The next version of the game, America’s Army: Proving Grounds, brings the best features of the previous games to a new AA environment that stresses small unit tactical maneuvers. The America’s Army Comic series (http://comics.americasarmy.com/) lets readers further explore the America’s Army storyline and delve deep into character plots of Soldiers’ lives when deployed and at home.

Contact
Lori Mezoff
America’s Army PR

#3824352 - 08/19/13 09:27 PM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
This has got to be the lamest trailer for a multi-million dollar piece of army propaganda that was ever made. Taxpayer money in the double-digit million range, and all they can come up with are self-erecting prefab container buildings?

There's not enough sequestration going on (yeah... off to PWEC...)

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#3825174 - 08/21/13 12:38 PM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I didn't care for the trailer either. I think their game developer could have presented something better. I hope the game is good though. I played the first one for awhile but never got into the second one.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3826575 - 08/24/13 05:18 AM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Apocalypse31 Offline
Apocalypse31  Offline

It's any Army product. What do you guys expect?

Rangers Lead the Way
#3827085 - 08/25/13 03:42 PM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
well out this week... it's free, I will try it... loved the original, then hated it when they messed with the formula.

of course, after watching other videos on their channel, my hopes aint high... no gameplay videos (weird) but map fly throughs that look like CoD maps... I'm afraid to be disappointed.

Last edited by Magnum; 08/25/13 03:53 PM.
#3827094 - 08/25/13 04:09 PM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Sethos88 Offline
Sethos88  Offline

Denmark
I've been part of the Beta and I can tell you, it is the worst junk I've played in a long time. Poor gunplay, doesn't feel very tactical and it just feels cheap for lack of a better word. Also something in the pacing makes it seem like a weird competitive shooter.

The old AA 2.x is still the king.

#3827830 - 08/27/13 09:56 AM Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds (this Summer) [Re: Magnum]  
Deniel Offline
Deniel  Offline

NY
I think no one know the main purpose of the government behind that policies.I think the legal situation of the country is becoming bad.Even that general public don't get any thing that the government say before the election.

Deniel

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.