Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3816555 - 07/31/13 01:53 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
BlueHeron Offline
BlueHeron  Offline

Ottawa, Canada
Who says I wasn't forced? After seeing those in-game videos, resistance was futile!

777 is a proven team with proven management, so I'm not too worried. In the event that it does fail, at least I know I tried to support a passionate development studio in a struggling genre. We're all grown up here (some would say) and can make our own decisions without disrespecting others.

#3816560 - 07/31/13 02:18 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Bearcat99]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Hey that wasn't a personal attack!! nope

It was a friggin joke.. a reference to Dune based on the bolded statement in the post above it.. and I wasn't even refering to Deguello.. I was referring to the "plot" by Jason to rob folks of their bodily fluids reference..

Just to clarify.. I certainly can dig where you were coming from .. but in this case you were mistaken.. sighsalute

You can plead in favor of BoS as much as you want/like but you can't change the fact that BoS to date is pre alpha and unproven and preorders for BoS are to date lottery tickets.

I guess some people cannot cope with criticism of a unproven product and resort to personal attacks to take the attention away from a unproven product or to try to silence dissident thoughts.

Bearcat99; out of curiosity besides being member of SimHQ could it possibily be that your a moderator over on the il2sturmovik forums because there's a Bearcat there with a style similar to yours?

#3816564 - 07/31/13 02:21 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Deguello]  
TheBlackPenguin Offline
TheBlackPenguin  Offline

Originally Posted By: Deguello

It was a friggin joke.. a reference to Dune based on the bolded statement in the post above it.. and I wasn't even refering to Deguello.. I was referring to the "plot" by Jason to rob folks of their bodily fluids reference..

Just to clarify.. I certainly can dig where you were coming from .. but in this case you were mistaken.. sighsalute

You can plead in favor of BoS as much as you want/like but you can't change the fact that BoS to date is pre alpha and unproven and preorders for BoS are to date lottery tickets.

I guess some people cannot cope with criticism of a unproven product and resort to personal attacks to take the attention away from a unproven product or to try to silence dissident thoughts.

Bearcat99; out of curiosity besides being member of SimHQ could it possibily be that your a moderator over on the il2sturmovik forums because there's a Bearcat there with a style similar to yours?

You're entitled to your viewpoint, however it does seem to me that you're looking for openings just be argumentative and disruptive.

#3816570 - 07/31/13 02:41 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: TheBlackPenguin]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Originally Posted By: TheBlackPenguin
Deguello,

"But that doesn't hide the fact that there is a hype around BoS similar to that of CloD prior to release, the difference is in the fact that we know for sure that CloD was a fiasco and to date that BoS is unproven."

Where were you prior to the release of Clod? Proven or unproven is not really relevant, up to that point 1C had a proven record with the iL series, and then we had plenty of warning signs things weren't quite right with Clod before release, for instance remember seeing videos close to release only showing a few aircraft over water? This was even raised as a red flag back then, if you were following the release and then there were more, but its not relevant to BOS. The publisher of any title is arguably the most important factor to consider, they have a huge amount of say in a project, which is another reason I trust this partnership between 777/1C more than most.

So far BOS has released far more within a shorter amount of time than Clod ever did up until release, staged or not it has been showing the engine and some of models off and I doubt it will get worse from here on out. If you want more, fine, just wait for those who feel more confident for their impressions this autumn, which isn't too far away smile.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective...

Prior to CloD we had the original and playable il-2 FB.

So even I early on preorderd CloD; why; because I had no fear to do this because the game prior to CloD was good and Oleg was still there and i trusted him, the devs and the brand. Also a second part why I preorderd is because I wanted to support a micro market or niche concerning pc games being flightsims.

Now we have had CloD (a fiasco) prior to BoS. Oleg and more have bailed out long ago, some of the former CloD team work with the BoS team and trust is broken since we had CloD. So now I don't blindly preorder anymore but I make my own mind up away from the (staged) hype. And the I support a tiny market sentiment isn't valable for me anymore; they call this lessons learnt.

#3816587 - 07/31/13 03:42 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Bearcat99]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Tch. Maybe you need a few days off to reflect upon the inadvisibility of questioning a moderator's decision?

Suck it up bubba. neaner

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3816590 - 07/31/13 03:46 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Ami7b5 Offline
Ami7b5  Offline

@ Deguello:

This thread is about BoS pre-order.
You made it quite clear (several times) you won't pre-order. Fine.
Everybody understand that already.
No problem.

Last edited by Rinzai; 07/31/13 03:50 PM.

If you're close, get closer.
#3816593 - 07/31/13 03:51 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Oh yeah, premium pre-ordered. What's the worst that can happen...? WHERE'S MY GOLDEN AIRPLANE?! itsabeta

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3816630 - 07/31/13 05:06 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
JG301_HaJa Offline
JG301_HaJa  Offline

Rödeby/Sweden
I have pre-ordered but don't trash Deguello, he has a valid point.
We take a risk and it's up to us to take that risk with our money.

There is a chance that BoS will fail and fail big and this needs to
be taken into consideration. If it fails I'll have to stand tall and
acknowledge I was fooled.

The risk to me is minimal I believe due to 777 studios track record
but we simply don't know.

Have a listen to these fellas biggrin

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6832-A-LIE-ns-Colonial-Marines
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6863-Previewed-Preordered-Prescrewed

"Live to fight another day"

MA790FXT-UD5P, Chieftec 850W CFT-850G-DF Super Series
AMD Ph II X4 955 BE, 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x2 paired)
2x XFX HD6870 1 GB, RAID0 array 300 GB primary
and 500 GB Sata secondary, DVD Burner Sata, SyncMaster P2350
#3816640 - 07/31/13 05:13 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Sure, and I might get hit by a meteor in the next five minutes too, but I don't constantly bring that up to depress and argue with all the astronomers getting excited about one wink

Limited and honest explaining of worries about the product is OK, but once is enough for everyone to get the message.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3816641 - 07/31/13 05:15 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
JG301_HaJa Offline
JG301_HaJa  Offline

Rödeby/Sweden
That I do agree with, it all comes down not to be so carried away as
to argue infinitely a point until it's like deadhorse biggrin

"Live to fight another day"

MA790FXT-UD5P, Chieftec 850W CFT-850G-DF Super Series
AMD Ph II X4 955 BE, 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x2 paired)
2x XFX HD6870 1 GB, RAID0 array 300 GB primary
and 500 GB Sata secondary, DVD Burner Sata, SyncMaster P2350
#3816664 - 07/31/13 05:37 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Deguello Offline
Deguello  Offline

Well ACM is more of the same like CloD; not the part that the one is a FPS and the other one is a flightsim; but for both what was shown of, said and promised turned out to be something that was completely different.

The trailers shown prior to release of ACM turned out to be mostly CGI and weren't representable of the finished product in other words what was shown and what was produced were two different things.

A lot of people supported ACM (It's Aliens) but I heared that after release the support dwindled and became more of an outrage, even one of the devs was caught tweeting and posting peachy stuff about the game undercover (he made it like he was a customer).

For more than 1 person out there the trust in the Il2/CloD/BoS brand is broken at worst, damaged at best.

The point is no one can predict the future, BoS could turn out good, mediocre or bad, time will tell...

#3816680 - 07/31/13 06:01 PM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
People preordered COD because of their good experience with the original IL-2 sim/developer, and desire to support the genre.

People will preorder BOS because of their good experience with the ROF developer, and desire to support the genre.

Only people with highly optimized systems saw the potential of COD's unfinished game engine and content, while most everyone else concluded the sim and developer had now become the antichrist. Team Fusion is currently proving COD's potential.

The only common thread to the two different developers are: IC used to be Maddox Games/COD's main investor, and 777 studios hired a couple of people from the now defunct COD development crew.

Last edited by Chivas; 07/31/13 06:02 PM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3816819 - 08/01/13 12:22 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Chivas]  
Smithcorp Offline
Smithcorp  Offline

Oz
Originally Posted By: Chivas
People will preorder BOS because of their good experience with the ROF developer, and desire to support the genre. Team Fusion is currently proving COD's potential.

This. I love what 777 have done with RoF, and I bought CLOD last year and it's a great sim in many ways. Future is bright.

#3816821 - 08/01/13 12:23 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
I was much more comfortable in preordering BoS than I was CloD simply because the engine for BoS is already in place.

As for the 'personal attack'. I didn't kill the thread. I am a mod but not of this forum and I don't remove topics from this forum. I do find it funny that there are some people out there that seem to think that any promotion or method of generating funds is some kind of plot. If people don't want to pre-order then don't pre order. It is simple as that.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3816828 - 08/01/13 12:47 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
I really don't think that the CoD and BoS pre-order associated risks are the same.

Sure when CoD was under development, we had the previous IL2 as a reference, but the work needed to build CoD was much bigger: the devs had to build a brand new engine from scratch, an engine which none of us had been able to test before the release and which proved to be quite unpolished in the end.

With BoS, the devs are not building from scratch at all, they're improving an existing engine, which I've used a lot and love (despite a few limitations) and which has been under constant development for quite a while. There's definitely less unknown with the BoS engine than there was with CoD, so I have felt very comfortable pre ordering the premium edition. I wasn't so confident when RoF was released, and thus I did wait for reviews before I bought it. Anyone who is very scared of any risk associated with this pre order can just pass on it though and wait for reviews, problem solved.

#3816852 - 08/01/13 01:50 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I must be the only person that liked CloD and really really didn't enjoy 1946 aside from it having lots of players behindcouch

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#3816862 - 08/01/13 02:31 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA

I am not pleading. I am just stating my case like you are stating yours. Yes BoS is pre Alpha.. I think the devs said that yes? Unproven.. welllll BoS may be unproven but the engine it is based on is not.. I don't think that I bought a lottery ticket.. I think I got a sure thing.. Time will tell. As for that "other" Bearcat .. I am one and the same.. but again just so you understand this clearly... I made no personal attack.. If that was the way you took it I do apologize.. I don't see where the reference to a personal attack keeps coming from.. as I said in a previous post, my reference to "killing him and taking his water" was a joke.. and a direct reference to Wklink's statement

Quote:
And the original thread was pulled because there were people here that decided that the preorder plan was some plot by Jason to rob us of our precious bodily fluids.

.. and it was a joke based on Frank Herbert's Dune series of novels.. and it actually had nothing to do with you, that was why it was placed underneath Wklink's post and not yours and why I let whoever the person was who edited my post know that. I would not come to a forum and attack folks, that is not my style. I may disagree and say so.. but attack someone who disagrees with me? Please..whyscrewy? I don't care if you criticize BoS or are leary about buying it.. That is your choice and you are most certainly entitled to it.. beercheers Greater forces than I have given you that right. I think I stated my case pretty clearly and calmly and you may disagree and that's fine..

Originally Posted By: WernerVoss

Tch. Maybe you need a few days off to reflect upon the inadvisibility of questioning a moderator's decision?
Suck it up bubba. neaner

reading .. well that was... odd... besides moderators do make mistakes..

ANYWHO... I can't wait to get my hands on BoS and my hopes and expectations are that it will scratch an itch that I have had for years now... an itch that nothing has been able to scratch since IL2.. I think from the looks of things that I will be in some very good company.. We all shall surely see.. copter

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3816883 - 08/01/13 03:55 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Wklink Offline
Wklink  Offline
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
That is the problem with posting on message boards, things can be taken the wrong way, people can overreact or flat out not get the joke. Bearcat, pm me with what you wrote, I missed it. I personally like a good joke. For those that didn't get the bodily fluids bit, watch Dr. Strangelove.

Lets step back a little ok. I understand people's reluctance to put out money early into BoS. I would be myself if I had done so with CloD. I guess I did by ordering the game a few weeks early but that wasn't a big deal to me, I was going to get it anyway. I'm an idiot like that.

Personally, I have more trust in Jason than just about anyone else and that is why I bought into the pre-order. One of the things that made me very leery of the CloD was the reluctance by the developers in letting third party individuals see the game engine prior to release. That usually is a big red flag to me that something is not going well and that there are potential problems in the game.

But with BoS:

1.We have seen in game footage early on.

2. Jason has already shown the game and allowed people to play portions of it. Granted it is a controlled setting, on an aircraft carrier, but it is more than we saw with CloD.

3. The 'buy in' early on will allow for real people, not associated with 1C or 777 the opportunity to evaluate and comment on the game. When I signed up I didn't get an NDA or anything of the sort so pictures, opinions and all of that will be coming out early. It the game is buggy mess, and continues to be a buggy mess toward release we will pretty much know it.

No game is going to be perfect. To make it perfect would probably require a cost level that would make the game prohibitive to the average simmer. I don't expect perfection, although I would like it. I expect the game to be fun, reasonably realistic and able to sustain itself as a title for a while. If it does that then I am satisfied. 90 bucks isn't too much, IMHO to spend for something like that. Many of us have spent considerably more than that for add ons to FSX and all the Flight Simulator games before it. I don't see this being a problem here.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3816895 - 08/01/13 04:31 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: JG301_HaJa]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
No worries it's done.

Dr. Strange love .. now there is a classic I haven't seen in years.

As for the reluctance of some to buy BoS.. well I understand it too.. and I bought into it pretty much for the same reasons you did and I know everyone won't feel like I do and I wouldn't expect them to. I do think that if this all goes the way I hope/believe it will.. come release day they better make sure they have enough servers up ... I have very high hopes for this..

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#3816923 - 08/01/13 07:19 AM Re: BoS Preorder program [Re: Deguello]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
I'm not convinced, putting aside the hot chicks and the lab/staged parameters, much of what was written and shown of was to a similar degree also written and shown of in previews of CloD.

Bzzt!, try again! CLoD was being shown to the public with missions taking place almost entirely over the water, because the game's performance over England was abysmal.

Thank you, please come again, please insert 25 cents to continue.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.